PDA

View Full Version : Preview Figs in OK

xboywonder
03-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I just found preview fig Zam Wessel at my Walmart...
I guess I was a little late... she was all that was left, along with pegs full of the Tessek wave.

RedneckJedi
03-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Found oodles of all 4 figs here in Central OK, too! Veeeerrrryyyy, nice!

Jedi Law Student
03-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Congratulations on your finds! Unfortunately, I cannot say that I've had the same luck. I've gone to my Wal-Mart the last two nights in a row (ever since I read preview figures were showing up), but I haven't seen any sign of the new figs.

I hope that I can find them right after they are first put out because I want R3-T7 really bad. I know they'll probably ship them in fairly equal quantities, but I expect that everyone will go straight for the little clear-domed astromech (just because previous astromech figures R2-B1 and R2-Q5 were hard to find).

Oh well, I will continue my search... :cool:

RedneckJedi
03-11-2002, 02:26 PM
The R3 droid detail is spectacular! I wish I would have picked up 2 of these, rather than just the 1. I'll settle for the extra Jango... for now... :evil:

Jedi Law Student
03-11-2002, 09:09 PM
I've still had no luck finding the preview figures, but I did see something new at Toys 'R Us tonight. They had several of the AT-ST and Speeder Bike sets for $29.99. I didn't actually buy one because I have both the vintage and the POTF AT-ST, and I also have more speeder bikes than you can shake a stick at. (Too bad I can't just buy Paploo.) But to collectors out there looking for this set, it's here, and the diorama packaging is rather nice!

I know this reply might not exactly go in the preview figures thread, although I do think it's a further sign that new toys are starting to show up. Plus, I just wanted to get everyone's attention. :p

xwing25
03-13-2002, 06:34 AM
i've found them all at super targets just yesterday them targets are the place to be most of the time so what part of Oklahoma are you from Jedi Law Student & xboywonder i'm in Edmond and i know redneckjedi here and did you know about the collectors club here in Oklahoma city area , we have people coming in from all over :D

xboywonder
03-13-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm in Tulsa... Jedi Law Student what TRU did you find the AT-ST set... I have been searching for that one for a couple of weeks.

jblodgett
03-13-2002, 11:20 AM
It would be very helpful if you guys would post WHERE you found these figs!!

I am in Oklahoma too, and I have been to several wal-marts- and have yet to find any of the preview figs. Last night I did find the Lando wave at my local wal-mart finally.

So far I have been to CHickasha, Lawton, Anadarko, and Duncan-- (I am in SW Oklahoma) and have not found any preview figs at any of the wal-marts there.

xboywonder
03-13-2002, 11:56 AM
jblodgett.... I'm in Tulsa - I found the Preview figs here at Walmart on 41st and Memorial, as well as the FX7 wave and Eth Koth wave at both TRUs. They were plentiful, if you happen to make it up this way.

RedneckJedi
03-13-2002, 01:04 PM
I apologize for the vagueness of the location of these figures. I'm a member of a club here in Oklahoma City that represents Star Wars fans and collectors in the area. It's called Jedi OKC (http://communities.msn.com/JediOKC) , and we actually have 2 members that hail from Chickasha. Our club is open to anyone in the Oklahoma area that wishes to join. We have monthly meetings in the Oklahoma City area, but they aren't mandatory for membership.

One reason why we created this club is to network our collecting efforts. We would either post places items were found, or actually pick up items for other members who needed someone to do so for them.

Our club discovered early on that our efforts were most likely being preyed upon by non-members. We would post the information about large quantities of new items, and by the next monthly club meeting, we would learn that 50-75% of the members who wanted these figs still couldn't find them, even after jumping on the information while it was hot.

Now, we share specific finds with other club members, and just make mention of finds in the area on other public forums.

I must admit, though, from posts by our Chickasha members, there has never been a lot of availability of Star Wars items in SW OK. The last thing I remember being there of note were the hard-to-find Ep. 1 Accessory sets.

Use the link above, check us out, and join if you'd like!

Jedi Law Student
03-13-2002, 08:29 PM
I found the AT-ST/Speeder Bike set at Toys 'R Us in Norman. They had several of them at the time. They also had a couple of the new Imperial Officers, but that was two days ago.

JediJeff77
03-13-2002, 10:51 PM
Nice to see there are some other SW Peeps in OK
I live in durant, and as usual, it's dry in this area, I've tried Durant, Ardmore, Sherman TX, Denison TX, Plano TX, & Frisco TX.

No luck yet, i'm really looking for that R3 =)
-M

jblodgett
03-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Has anyone had any luck at either of the two Super Wal-Marts in Norman, or the Toys R Us in Norman?

JediJeff77
03-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Nothing in norman.
I went to Frisco, TX last nite and they had several of the R3's and Zam Wesell's.
The R3's are pretty cool. I passed on Zam because they all had crazy eyes and she wasn't that impressive of a figure.
Still no Jango or Clone Troopers in my area.
=(

RedneckJedi
03-15-2002, 04:46 PM
I found more of the Preview figures today in the OKC Metro area, AS WELL AS the Teebo wave.

Happy hunting!

brunoflipper
03-16-2002, 12:17 PM
any teebo wave figures in tulsa area?

xboywonder
03-18-2002, 08:52 AM
Yeah... I found the Teebo Wave last week at Walmart on 81st and Lewis...

xboywonder
03-18-2002, 08:54 AM
Has anyone come across the Jango Preview figure anywhere in the Tulsa area at all ??

brunoflipper
03-18-2002, 09:02 AM
target at 21st and yale... tons of 'em

jblodgett
03-18-2002, 09:03 AM
I found the preview figures this morning at the Chickasha Wal-Mart. They received 3 cases of the figures.

RedneckJedi
03-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Glad to hear that you're finding the figures, up and down your respective ways!

Jedi Law Student
03-18-2002, 08:27 PM
As most of you all know, it's spring break in Oklahoma... a perfect time to go looking for SW action figures. Well, I went home to Stillwater this spring break. I went into Wal-Mart on Saturday, and they had preview figures! They had all of them except for Jango Fett. They also had the BoShek wave except for R4-M9. I got two figures: R3-T7 and Teebo. I'm very happy with both of them (my first Episode II figure--woohoo!). It's nice to actually find an astromech in the store. :) I guess everyone must have gone for R4-M9 first, so I will have to keep looking for it.

jblodgett
03-21-2002, 08:44 AM
The Chickasha Wal-Mart still has a large quantity of the preview figs. They received 3 cases of them on Monday morning, and as of last night it appeared as though the majority were still there.

Also, the Chickasha Wal-Mart had two of the Jedi Starfighters.

JediJeff77
03-22-2002, 05:41 PM
I was in tulsa over spring break and didn't find much of anything. Found Eeth Koth at TRU on 71st & Memorial,
They had the BoShek wave in okmulgee at walmart, minus the R4.
Nothing in Bartlesville area.
Still looking for my Jango fett and R4 =)
-J

xwing25
03-22-2002, 05:46 PM
found the jedi star fighter today in edmond and moore at walmarts so get out there and look

JediJeff77
03-24-2002, 12:23 AM
YAY Finally found R4 and Jango at the Walmart in Sherman, TX.
Frisco is still dry, however.
I guess this does it for me until April 23.
-J