PDA

View Full Version : Dive Into the Criminal Underworld in Star Wars 1313

SirSteve
06-01-2012, 08:37 AM
You can view the page at http://www.sirstevesguide.com/content.php/916-Dive-Into-the-Criminal-Underworld-in-Star-Wars-1313

bigbarada
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Sounds like the Force will not be a gameplay element in the game. This might actually have some promise even though it sounds like a shameless rip-off of games like Hitman and GTA.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
This sounds like it could be a lot like Bounty Hunter, which I really loved when it came out all those years ago. It'll be fun to play as a non-Jedi and explore the criminal underworld. So yeah, even though I don't get too excited for things like The Old Republic, this sounds like it could be fun.

JediTricks
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
This sounds more like Star Wassassin's Creed to me, but not a terrible idea I suppose.

I was hoping for Battlefront 3 or a new X-wing vs TIE Fighter sort of game though.

DarkJedi5
06-02-2012, 12:43 AM
This sounds more like Star Wassassin's Creed to me, but not a terrible idea I suppose.

I was hoping for Battlefront 3 or a new X-wing vs TIE Fighter sort of game though.

Ditto. I remeber hearing rumors of a very ambitious Battlefront game that expanded the starfighter elements of BF2 into a more more elaborate and congruent element but then the project got hung up somewhere and died (only to be reincarnated on a few of the handheld units, if I'm not mistaken) but a new Battlefront or Starfighter game was what I was hoping for.

JediTricks
06-02-2012, 01:32 AM
BF3 was roughly 80% done when the company - Free Radical - folded and was sold to Crytek, LucasArts took it back and handed it to another house but the starfighter ground-to-space-to-starship seamless battling was proprietary to Free Radical and not able to transition, leaving the most of the playable game to be trashed. Since then it's rumored to have gone through 3 different studios' hands and is in limbo despite FPS games doing big numbers with the COD and Battlefield series.

There are so few starfighter games for current-gen platforms, any plane-battle games at all really, it makes me sad. We get hundreds of FPS and fighter games a year, but no planes or starfighters. And Jedi Starfighter doesn't really count, nobody wants to be Adi Gallia. :p

El Chuxter
06-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I can't wait to play this on the Wii!

(Oh....)

At this point, given that the Wii is dying out (I blame the disproportionate number of third-party games that SUCK and give the console a worse reputation than it deserves), even I'm thinking of a PS3.

Especially since I can't get any bonus features for John Carter at all unless I finally give in to the blu-ray scam. ;)

JediTricks
06-03-2012, 10:59 PM
I can't wait to play this on the Wii!

(Oh....)

At this point, given that the Wii is dying out (I blame the disproportionate number of third-party games that SUCK and give the console a worse reputation than it deserves), even I'm thinking of a PS3.

Especially since I can't get any bonus features for John Carter at all unless I finally give in to the blu-ray scam. ;)
You've got it backwards, the reason there aren't more 3rd party games that don't suck for the Wii is that the Wii hardware is terrible and can't be ported to easily. The Wii's reputation is deserved, that's why it doesn't get more games.

Slicker
06-04-2012, 12:00 AM

I was hoping for Battlefront 3 or a new X-wing vs TIE Fighter sort of game though.I think that's where they're going wrong too. They aren't falling back on the original Star Wars roots and having a basic Star Wars style game. They want to expand on this Clone Wars and Bounty Hunters carp and not go with the basics of what makes Star Wars the iconic symbol that it is with X-Wings, TIE Fighters and basic Jedi. Go to your roots and you'll do better.

El Chuxter
06-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Nah, JT, I think all the developers throwing out s****y games to jump on the motion gimmick with trash like Carnival Games flooded the market. The good games for the Wii are lacking in graphics, but are amazing when it comes to fun. (Yes, even Force Unleashed.) Based on what I've played, though, I could say the same about the Kinect. (Or was that Star Wars game not the pile of carp I heard it was?)

JediTricks
06-06-2012, 06:13 PM
So the first look makes it seem less like Assassin's Creed, more like Uncharted, which is equally meh - platforming and chest high walls firing behind cover? Oh boy, how zzzz.

Nah, JT, I think all the developers throwing out s****y games to jump on the motion gimmick with trash like Carnival Games flooded the market. The good games for the Wii are lacking in graphics, but are amazing when it comes to fun. (Yes, even Force Unleashed.) Based on what I've played, though, I could say the same about the Kinect. (Or was that Star Wars game not the pile of carp I heard it was?)Sure Chux, whatever you say. :rolleyes: I certainly haven't seen anything remotely like that on the Wii setups I've seen, it's all quite low-tech and imprecise and waggle and more frustrations than joys.