PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Two-Packs

Huckleberry Josh
03-08-2002, 03:11 PM
I love those 25th Anniversary two-packs. I didn't even know they existed until about two weeks ago when I got them from Wal-Mart. They're really neat. The Luke and Leia pack is my favorite. What do you guys think about them?

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2002, 03:14 PM
I like the Vader/Ben the best.
The other 2 sets are pretty nice, but nothing really different except the packaging.
Once ESB has its silver anniversary, they MUST have some sort of 2 pack with Boba Fett.

Beast
03-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Yeah they are pretty nice. Especially the Vader/Ben set. It's really to bad that the 4th set never went any place beyond the planning stages. I would have loved a nice shiny C-3PO and R2-D2 2-pack to round out the set. :( Infact they should have done 6 different sets in commemoration of the 1978 12 launch figures. The other 2 sets could have been, Tusken Raider & Jawa, and Imperial Stormtrooper & Death Squad Commander. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
03-08-2002, 03:57 PM
i haven't seen these sets where i live yet :(
i'd probably get them if they're not out of hand price wise.

oh and i'd love the tusken raider/jawa pack. that would be sweet :D

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 04:46 PM
The Han and Chewie set is awesome, but the Vader/Ben pack is the best. I love the Vader in action pose and the detail is awesome. However, the Luke/Leia is dissapointing. If you take them out of the package, Leia's arm is sculpted permanently in an arch (to go around Luke), Luke has a huge head, he has beaver teeth, the string goes through his hand (and can't be removed) and it just isn't that great. The likeness of the Leia is pretty good though. It is a nice display piece.

LTBasker
03-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah they are pretty nice. Especially the Vader/Ben set. It's really to bad that the 4th set never went any place beyond the planning stages. I would have loved a nice shiny C-3PO and R2-D2 2-pack to round out the set. :( Infact they should have done 6 different sets in commemoration of the 1978 12 launch figures. The other 2 sets could have been, Tusken Raider & Jawa, and Imperial Stormtrooper & Death Squad Commander. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I would've loved to see those 3! We need new versions of all those other figures, well ok we don't need a new Stormy, he could just be the CTC mold. :)

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 07:01 PM
I disagree, we do need a new Stormtrooper. We need one that can hold a blaster in two hands, like they did throughout the whole movie. That would be nice, in fact it is not only nice, it is neccessary. Come on Hasbro!

LTBasker
03-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
I disagree, we do need a new Stormtrooper. We need one that can hold a blaster in two hands, like they did throughout the whole movie. That would be nice, in fact it is not only nice, it is neccessary. Come on Hasbro!

True true, it's needed, but not as much as a new R2 and 3PO. :) Of course the R2 would need to be R2 w/ Leia mold, only cleaner than the R2 w/ Leia. :cool:

2-1B
03-08-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Once ESB has its silver anniversary, they MUST have some sort of 2 pack with Boba Fett.

Whom should they pack him with? Lando? Vader? Maybe turn it into a cinema scene with a GOOD Bespin Guard and floating carbonite block?

:)

Huckleberry Josh
03-09-2002, 02:25 PM
I think they should put Boba Fett with Vader.

hairless chewie
03-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Vader/Ben is the best set of the bunch but Chewbacca is the best individual figure of the group. The fur hanging off of his arms, the authentic bowcaster...too sweet.;)