PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Jedi Actress Claire Davenport Passes Away

Beast
03-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Another Star Wars actress passed away monday, and she shall be sorely missed. Claire Davenport, better known as "Yarna D'al Gargan" the 6-breasted dancer from ROTJ died on March 4th. Hopefully like Peter Cushing ("Grand Moff Tarkin") this will cause Hasbro to consider producing a figure of her as a memorial to her memory. Here is the news report from "Theforce.net". She will be sorely missed, and my wishes are with her family during this dark time.

Paul from Sci Fi Shows reports in:

I received a telephone call from the brother of Claire Davenport on Tuesday 5th March, she was the actress that played Yarna, the big dancer in Jabba's palace. As I have been a friend to Claire for some years now! I last saw Claire around 2 weeks ago and she was not very well then!

It is with great regret that I have to report that Claire passed away on Monday the 4th of March of renal failure, she fell ill last week and lost consciousness and slipped in to a coma state, she passed away quietly on Monday afternoon.

Our thoughts go out to her remaining family.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2002, 03:47 PM
Sleep well, Claire.
May the Force be with you.

Jargo
03-08-2002, 03:50 PM
No, that's not true, that's impossible........ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was just saying the other day in the Yarna thread in the dear hasbro section that as an actor, I would have loved to have worked with Claire because she looked like a load of fun to be around. Now I won't even get a chance to meet her at a convention or anything....... I'm going to miss her. Vastly underated she was and is. One of the best character actors there was. I was just saying that it was about time someone held a retrospective celebration of her work and now...... I'm truly saddened by this. I'm at a loss for words now.......... :( Bye Claire...

(Now they have to make a figure of her to homour her memory. My campaign will step up a gear)

Rollo Tomassi
03-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Cheers, Claire. You will be missed. Thankfully, you were immortalized in the greatest film saga of all time.

Pendo
03-09-2002, 08:06 AM
You're one with the force now! You'll be missed greatly!

:cry: PENDO!

TeeEye7
03-11-2002, 06:41 AM
Check out her work on www.imdb.com (Internet Movie Database).

She had quite a resume. Mostly for work in the UK, but also work that can be seen here in the US (like Fawlty Towers on PBS or movies like The Elephant Man....with Kenny Baker!).

2-1B
03-11-2002, 12:12 PM
TeeEye7, I did that just after learning of her passing because I didn't know of anything else she worked on. I agree, there was some cool stuff there :)