PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: season 5

Pages : 1 [2]

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Dude, c'mon, Maul was a dead duck. They retconned the Theed Palace reactor shaft into one of those endless skydiving fan things, that's the ONLY way he could have survived being cut in half and falling down that pit. Even the EU in Wrath of Darth Maul and The Sith Hunters is utterly ridiculous - grabbing a vent at that speed without a working SPINE? And then falling further and hitting water? He'd have ripped his arm off his body even if his spine was still able to send signals after being cut in twain, and the impact from hitting the water from that height would pancake him, turning his internal organs into external ones. Oh, and let's not forget that THERE WERE NO VENTS OR WATER IN THE MOVIE.
We couldn't see anything at the bottom of the pit in TPM, so we can't say there was or wasn't anything based on the film. I'm not sure what the EU said on this one, whether the 1999- or 2012-era stuff, I'm just going off the film and the show.

El Chuxter
03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
The EU wasn't allowed to touch him. He was dead until Lucas changed his mind.

My point isn't so much that they screwed up a character I like (though, yeah, they've done that dozens of times). It's why use the one minor Jedi who actually had a full story. (Barriss even had an actual death in Order 66, and not just in a cut scene or video game.) Couldn't Hi-Yaah Girl have worked instead of the Jedi they bothered to write two books about? Or why not create a new Padawan early on? Plo Koon could've been training someone. Everyone likes Plo Koon, and he's surprisingly open.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM

My point isn't so much that they screwed up a character I like (though, yeah, they've done that dozens of times). It's why use the one minor Jedi who actually had a full story. (Barriss even had an actual death in Order 66, and not just in a cut scene or video game.) Couldn't Hi-Yaah Girl have worked instead of the Jedi they bothered to write two books about? Or why not create a new Padawan early on? Plo Koon could've been training someone. Everyone likes Plo Koon, and he's surprisingly open.
Maul was presumed dead by everyone in The Clone Wars as well until they discovered otherwise. Still not sure how that has anything to do with the fact that he didn't reappear in canon EU after TPM.

Again, Barriss' Order 66 death was based on a scene deleted from ROTS (as seen on the Blu-ray animatics), only put in the comic adaptation since the film wasn't done at that point. I still don't know why the Medstar books in and of themselves can't take place between her appearances in Season Two and Five, though since I now know for a fact you aren't reading anything I'm saying on the topic, I'll just give up now.

JediTricks
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
We couldn't see anything at the bottom of the pit in TPM, so we can't say there was or wasn't anything based on the film. I'm not sure what the EU said on this one, whether the 1999- or 2012-era stuff, I'm just going off the film and the show.You can see the bottomless pit is smooth as far as the eye can see, anything beyond the range of that would tear him apart or splatter him, not help him. I am going by what the wiki says of his survival, hence I cited both sources. The show makes no pretense at all of it.

My point isn't so much that they screwed up a character I like (though, yeah, they've done that dozens of times). It's why use the one minor Jedi who actually had a full story. (Barriss even had an actual death in Order 66, and not just in a cut scene or video game.) Couldn't Hi-Yaah Girl have worked instead of the Jedi they bothered to write two books about? Or why not create a new Padawan early on? Plo Koon could've been training someone. Everyone likes Plo Koon, and he's surprisingly open.Barriss' death in Order 66 was cut from the film, so like Shaak Ti whose MULTIPLE deaths were cut from the film, that allowed them to change her direction. They used her probably because of the impact factor, someone we already knew and had faith in, also it (in theory) shouldn't have seem as obvious and distracting that way compared to throwing the Hiyah girl into the mix.

Seems like you're just holding a grudge because you don't like that someone who you invested in could have her path changed.

El Chuxter
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I don't have a problem with adding wrinkles or changing course. Only thing is now (in addition to everything about her age being wrong by a few years), she will now have, what, a couple of months to get back into the Order's good graces and go off to Drongar. Given that Ahsoka was apparently being drummed out of the Order for what Barriss was really doing, that's stretching it, unless they like Barriss more and won't hold her accountable.

Shaak Ti's deaths only appeared in cut scenes and in a video game. Games are low on the canon scale. The cut scenes would trump them, but they contradict one another, so I think that means they cancel one another out. I don't recall the novelization or comic addressing her. TFU seems to be higher on the scale than most games (since it has the tie-in novel, no matter how bad).

Barriss, on the other hand, is shown in the comic being blasted from behind by a Juggernaut while looking through binoculars, IIRC. Since nothing disputes that, that's how she went out. (Then again, the same Order 66 sequence showed Quinlan Vos dying, and we now know he's one of about sixty Jedi who survived and lived on Kashyyyk without ever knowing about the other fifty-nine. :D )

Of course, on the subject of Jedi deaths, Adi Gallia is a huge honkin' contradiction.

Just saying, the EU isn't as fun to navigate when it ceases to be a straight line with a few little zigs and zags, and becomes a full-on Choose Your Own Adventure.

JediTricks
03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't think your timeline is right, this says MedStar I and II are during 20 BBY, this episode of Clone Wars is 20 BBY, so this episode takes place after the events of MedStar II. Be thankful her Bota accident wasn't used as justification for her becoming a mad bomber.

Games are the same canon as novels and comics, C-canon. Cut scenes are either S-canon (secondary) or N-canon (not).

El Chuxter
03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
So she's not a Padawan here?

She most definitely is a Knight following the Medstar books.

JediTricks
03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
So she's not a Padawan here?

She most definitely is a Knight following the Medstar books.I don't remember anything in the episode showing Barriss to be a padawan.

Darth Metalmute
03-07-2013, 07:22 PM
A decent episode, not the best, definitely not the worst. The fact that no evidence was gathered for the trial on either side is a glaring hole. If all those clone murders took place in a high security prison, wouldn't there had been video? And if there wasn't video, wouldn't that have raised eyebrows in Ahsoka's favor? I liked Anakin's emotional roller coaster throughout the episode, although I still find it hard to believe that even though Anakins lightsaber skill rivals Master Yoda's, he still has problems with everyone in a duel. The real Anakin would have mopped the floor with Barris; I kept expecting her hands to be cut off. All being said, the score of this episode was the best, emotional score of the series.

We know why Ahsoka isn't in ROTS. They brought up the question in 2008 and they provided the answer today.

Well that depends. If she appears in season 6, then the question really hasn't been answered yet. My guess is we will be seeing a lot more of her, to go as far as seeing her in EVII.

Darth Maul surviving his injuries on Naboo isn't an EU retcon, it's just saying that something we saw in TPM led to something we didn't expect.

It wasn't that it led to something we didn't expect, it was it led to something that can't physically happen. Darth Mauls eyes rolled into the back of his head, and even though that doesn't mean death, it does mean unconsciousness. Because of this, he couldn't force push himself into a crevice to save his life. Had a fan been used to "cushion" his fall, the fan would have had to such a flow to catch his weight from that height that it would have hit him like a concrete floor. The same thing goes for water; had he hit water from that height every bone in his half body would have broke twice over and he would have drown. When Lucas killed Maul off in TPM, he did a great job, unfortunately, as in the case with life insurance policies, if you don't have a body... anything can happen.

I don't remember anything in the episode showing Barriss to be a padawan.

I was under the impression she was a knight in this arc. At the funeral, she appeared with no master, even though a majority of them were there.

They weren't shipped back to Coruscant, that's where they were killed - unless you're arguing they were blown up so hard they flew off the planet.

Your point about not cremating them though, that's right on the money.

Yeah I must not have been paying attention. I thought it was a Jedi temple in another system.

El Chuxter
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
IIRC, didn't Lucas say something to the effect of, "I chose to show Maul split in two so other writers couldn't bring him back."

JediTricks
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
IIRC, didn't Lucas say something to the effect of, "I chose to show Maul split in two so other writers couldn't bring him back."I do remember something like that being said back when TPM came out.

Tycho
03-08-2013, 06:49 AM
On one hand, I've enjoyed the Maul / Savage episodes tremendously.

On the other, why they couldn't just do this with other characters - maybe Savage and another sibling even - and not cheapen Obi-Wan's kill at the end of TPM tasks me.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Easy; that's so Ahsoka kills Maul in CW season 12.

Darth Metalmute
03-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Easy; that's so Ahsoka kills Maul in CW season 12.

My guess is, Dooku gets jealous that Sideous has a new lover, er apprentice, and tricks Ahsoka into being his new apprentice by telling her that Sideous is Palpatine. Anakin is forced to hunt her down. When she reveals Palpatine to him, he strikes her down in anger.

Darth Metalmute
03-09-2013, 07:00 PM
My guess is, Dooku gets jealous that Sideous has a new lover, er apprentice, and tricks Ahsoka into being his new apprentice by telling her that Sideous is Palpatine. Anakin is forced to hunt her down. When she reveals Palpatine to him, he strikes her down in anger.

Then when EIII is re-edited, When Palps reveals himself, Anakin now says, "You're the Sith Lord... Ahsoka was right all along."

Tycho
03-11-2013, 12:49 AM
No, he says "Does this mean I get a discount on red lightsaber crystals?"

Lord Malakite
03-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Looks like Clone Wars may not get a season 6 (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10825) after all.

El Chuxter
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
It's clearly Warner Bros and Disney's not getting along. It'll make the jump to Disney XD, and, with the subliminal message "We don't suck!" affecting so many, it will spur people to demand more carriers offer that channel. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
It's official (http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html) - no more episodes are being produced for Cartoon Network, and the show is winding down. Nevertheless, they're "continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen," and the video with Dave says that it's some of the most important gaps that are still left to fill. This is too bad, but at the same time I'm glad that they'll be able to hopefully finish what they want to. The show has had a great run so far and it will still go on a little longer, so it's not too disappointing.

The story also says that Detours has been postponed, which I can't exactly say makes me sad at all. They also mentioned a new animated series that takes place where no previous movies or TV shows have taken place - I hope some of the creative team from TCW gets to continue on the new show, at least.

JediTricks
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
It's official (http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html) - no more episodes are being produced for Cartoon Network, and the show is winding down. Nevertheless, they're "continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen," and the video with Dave says that it's some of the most important gaps that are still left to fill. This is too bad, but at the same time I'm glad that they'll be able to hopefully finish what they want to. The show has had a great run so far and it will still go on a little longer, so it's not too disappointing.

The story also says that Detours has been postponed, which I can't exactly say makes me sad at all. They also mentioned a new animated series that takes place where no previous movies or TV shows have taken place - I hope some of the creative team from TCW gets to continue on the new show, at least.I promoted your post to news article.

Everyone's treating this like the show is ending, but obviously that's not the case. I hope they're doing TV movies on Disney XD, that'd be cool, that clip was really strong stuff, and that said TV movies keep going every once in a while.

As for the other show, I'm guessing it'll be TOR-era-based to prop up sagging interest in the game.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
James Arnold Taylor updated his blog (http://jamesarnoldtaylor.com/jamesarnoldtaylor.com/Clone_Wars_Thoughts.html) with his thoughts. Here he makes it sound like it's completely done aside from the episodes in production, based on Cary Silver and Dave Filoni calling him to say it was cancelled - and only this past Friday. He didn't explicitly say that he wouldn't be going in for any more voice sessions, but it seemed like he was done working on it. Obviously voice work is done before the many months' work of animation, but it seems as though the work is only happening on episodes that were already in some level of production. Then again, ADR is pretty common here, so maybe they can sneak in a few extra episodes or something. At any rate, I know they've still been recording up until fairly recently, so hopefully those episodes will still get made and we'll have lots of content to look forward to here.

I dunno about TOR - it seems like it'll still be a while before the show goes to air, and the game will be old news by then. But the overall Old Republic timeline is pretty popular (even though I've never gotten into it). I doubt that it would take place during the new films or in the space between VI and VII, since there would likely be too much conflict and continuity issues with trying to make both at the same time.

And, oh yeah, Admiral Trench's robotic upgrades are freakin' awesome in that clip!

JediTricks
03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
JAT is being overly dramatic. I don't know what was said in that call, but the guy has been on a million shows and none of them lasted forever, look at Drawn Together or Johnny "reruns every 5 minutes" Test or Star Wars: Clone Wars. It does wound my idea of voicing TV movies, but certainly doesn't kill it - look at Drawn Together: The Movie.

TOR is a big investment though, a lot of concept money went into art and writing that supports the game, it's a lot of resource to draw from and the game is still hoping to pull out of its nosedive with a move to a Free to Play model.

Darth Metalmute
03-11-2013, 09:22 PM
While this is a big disappointment, it's not a surprise. After all, the Clone Wars had to end eventually considering it only took place over a three year period. Quite frankly, if we never see another episode again, the last one ended perfectly. I mean, they actually ran the credits without interruption, that's the only time they've done that that I can remember.

I believe that any new animated series will take place post ROTJ. I can't imagine them doing a series in TOR starting out with characters that nobody cares about. And I seriously doubt they will do a legacy cartoon either. My guess is it gaps ROTJ and EVII. And considering how old Han, Luke, and Leia are going to look, that's a pretty large gap, unlike Clone Wars. If good enough, it could go on for 10+ years.

bigbarada
03-13-2013, 01:34 AM
After all, the Clone Wars had to end eventually considering it only took place over a three year period.

Well M*A*S*H ran for 11 years even though the Korean War only lasted 3 years (I know technically the Korean War is still going on, but I'm talking about the cease fire that's lasted since 1953).

I might be interested in watching a post-ROTJ series, but still would prefer something that takes place between ANH and ROTJ.

Way back in 1980, Lucas actually claimed that he planned to make 12 movies consisting of 4 trilogies. One of those trilogies would take place concurrently with the OT and follow a character who would actually turn out to be the "other" that Yoda mentioned in ESB. Obviously that was rewritten so that Leia became the "other" but there might still be enough there for a decent TV series.

Personally, I'm just tired of all the Jedi vs. Sith stuff and would prefer to follow something that had more to do with smugglers and bounty hunters. The lightsaber stuff in Star Wars always bored me anyway, even as a kid.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-13-2013, 07:47 PM
I heard that the entire SW saga was meant to be seen through the eyes of one of the skiff guards. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
TVLine reports (http://tvline.com/2013/03/13/glee-season-4-spoilers-idina-menzel-returns-shelby/) (under all the Glee crap) from an upfront presentation on Tuesday:

Disney Channels Worldwide boss Gary Marsh also said the company is “working closely with LucasFilm, Kathleen Kennedy and director Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) to explore new Star Wars content for our platforms,” to be detailed later this year.

Dave Filoni has always been incredible with the fans and has such a passion for the saga - not to mention the fact that he worked so closely with George for eight years now, and the episodes he personally directed are highlights of the series - so I would love to see him continue on at the company, regardless of whether or not he's making The Clone Wars.

JediTricks
03-14-2013, 03:25 PM
My one concern about this is that Disney XD does a horrible job supporting its content. Inconsistent promos, bad scheduling, and just a sense of "whatever" slapdashery is what separates that from... ok, it doesn't actually SEPARATE from Cartoon Network in this case, just they're worse at it. :p

El Chuxter
03-14-2013, 06:05 PM
One thing that could work in its favor, should SW slow down for some reason: Cartoon Network apparently canceled Young Justice not because the show was bad or doing poorly, but the (horribly bad and overpriced) merchandise wasn't selling enough. They also canceled Batman: The Brave & The Bold simply because someone was working on another Batman cartoon (still not out, a couple of years after B&TB was canned).

At least being owned by Disney might help it out on XD.

Oh, wait, wasn't the Avengers cartoon on Disney XD supposed to be insanely good, but was axed for an inferior cartoon that looks more like the movie?

(And the Hasbro-(co-)owned Hub shot G.I. Joe: Renegades in the foot before it started, never giving it a toyline and not promoting it at all, much less as much as the inferior Transformers Prime, which is now canceled despite doing well. Wow, these adaptations on stations owned or co-owned by their parent companies are kinda screwed, aren't they?)

JediTricks
03-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Disney XD treated Tron Uprising miserably. No reruns during the week. Virtually no promotion. Moved its timeslot to midnight Saturday. And this was a house-owned franchise, the show would have been sure to be a critical darling, it looked great and had a rich world to play with, fantastic cast, strong writing, and it tied into an ongoing movie series. Naturally that meant "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" to Disney XD. :rolleyes:

It's like none of these channels can figure out how to program anything other than old reruns of stuff that doesn't sell toys, while the toy-selling shows get hosed - the only show of the entire bunch to get better treatment is Transformers Prime.

Darth Metalmute
03-15-2013, 07:49 PM
TF:P was cancelled?!? How will Optimus get out of the rubble now?

Tycho
03-16-2013, 12:59 AM
I get the Disney XD Channel or whatever it is in my cable package.

I'm not that concerned about having the channel.

What I'd like:

Further adventures of Ahsoka Tano in some medium. I'd read books or comics about her. But I'd like to see Ashley still employed portraying her.

I'd really like to see Ahsoka confront Darth Vader one day, knowing full well who he is. I could handle it if he kills her, but I want to see him regret it and struggle horribly because of his decision to join the Dark Side (under Palpatine).*

* The Dark Side would possibly be great for Anakin if he got rid of Palpatine. In fact, if Obi-Wan had joined Anakin, the younger Jedi would be loving it. He had good intentions. After reading Darth Plageuis, I understand Palpatine did not.

** Palpatine was also a vengeful teenager, manipulated by Darth Plageuis (Damosk) who was a Force-talented corporate raider (a monopolist with the Dark Side).

While Anakin was a resentful teenager, he wanted to do good by people and free slaves, share his love with Padme, etc. He didn't start off consumed by a need for revenge (it was fear and insecurity).

For Palpatine, it was a deep resentment of a loss of entitlement he thought he deserved for being Naboo royalty, and a rebellion against his father.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I'd like a cartoon version return to the OT era with Han, Luke, and Leia, but that's only on the basis that it creates or expands on new characters that could be in jeopardy - if it's set in the OT era.

As they've made statements it will NOT be, I'd like the Legacy or immediate pre-Legacy era to be explored.

Who were Roan Fel's parents?

Who were Ania Solo's parents?

Who were Cole Skywalker's parents? (that's Cade's grandparents and Ben Skywalker's offspring).

The movies (if they preserve the EU) would focus on these characters' grandparents (Jaina Fel, Ben Skywalker, Allanah Solo).

Why did Dark Horse jump so far into the future instead of deal with those questions in the first place?

I'd love to (and can, even in the Legacy era) see Yuuzhan Vong in some sort of motion-action medium (film or cartoon preferably but video games would be marketable).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If SW goes back in time before the PT, KOTOR is alright, but what about Vima Sunrider in the TOTJ era?

JediTricks
03-17-2013, 01:58 PM
TF:P was cancelled?!? How will Optimus get out of the rubble now?It's canceled after the next 13 episodes, so they get him out of the rubble, into some "Beast Hunters" armor, and fighting Predacons. Then they throw that all out the window. :p

Darth Metalmute
03-17-2013, 05:37 PM
It's canceled after the next 13 episodes, so they get him out of the rubble, into some "Beast Hunters" armor, and fighting Predacons. Then they throw that all out the window. :p

Good... I'll... I mean my kids will at least have some closure... :P

happy
03-17-2013, 11:38 PM
In my opinion, the two most interesting eras in which to tell a new story would be the ten years between Episode I and Episode II or the 30 years between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII.

JediTricks
03-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Good... I'll... I mean my kids will at least have some closure... :PHeh heh! Those new episodes start this very Friday, so at least "your kids" won't have to wait anymore. :p

In my opinion, the two most interesting eras in which to tell a new story would be the ten years between Episode I and Episode II or the 30 years between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII.I'm sure every fan has their own idea of which era is the best for a new cartoon, I personally like ANH to ESB, but I think the only thing that should matter is that the show has a strong and consistent vision from the showrunner. I'd watch a Legacy show, I'd watch a KOTOR/TOR show, I'd watch another prequel show, so long as it's trying to be good Star Wars tv that's enough for me.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm sure every fan has their own idea of which era is the best for a new cartoon, I personally like ANH to ESB, but I think the only thing that should matter is that the show has a strong and consistent vision from the showrunner. I'd watch a Legacy show, I'd watch a KOTOR/TOR show, I'd watch another prequel show, so long as it's trying to be good Star Wars tv that's enough for me.And since the Marvel Comics run already covered the ANH-ESB period with about 30 issues, the scripts are all done!

Hello? Hello?

Anybody? Bueller?

El Chuxter
03-19-2013, 10:34 AM
The Further Adventures of Teek and Jaxxon

Darth Metalmute
03-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Heh heh! Those new episodes start this very Friday, so at least "your kids" won't have to wait anymore.

Thanks for the update! If you hadn't told me, I definitely would have missed it since I got a new DVR and it's no longer called TF: Prime. Looks like a marathon before hand.

JediTricks
03-19-2013, 08:33 PM
And since the Marvel Comics run already covered the ANH-ESB period with about 30 issues, the scripts are all done!

Hello? Hello?

Anybody? Bueller?

The Further Adventures of Teek and JaxxonThat's it? I was sure you'd pee your pants in excitement of responding to BCJ's post there, that was Chuxter-bait if ever I've seen it. ;) Can't use the Marvel stories though, then you have to risk paying 1970s Marvel writers and we all know that's NEVER going to happen.

Thanks for the update! If you hadn't told me, I definitely would have missed it since I got a new DVR and it's no longer called TF: Prime. Looks like a marathon before hand.Sure thing, glad to get the news out to folks who should know. It's now Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, which on my DVR is "Transformers Prime Beast Hunt." and is part of the same series as I didn't have to program it there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other operators typing it in differently, it's up to operator discretion.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Anyone interested in a quick review of all 5 seasons should pick up the new Clone Wars Episode Guide book by Jason Frey. It has each episode on a 2-page spread in the correct order of the story (plus the CW film), and lists in which season it was released. Good index to search at the back, too.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Anyone interested in a quick review of all 5 seasons should pick up the new Clone Wars Episode Guide book by Jason Frey. It has each episode on a 2-page spread in the correct order of the story (plus the CW film), and lists in which season it was released. Good index to search at the back, too.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. Sounds like a good reference for the series.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2013, 10:46 AM
I got the book as well, and it's nice to finally have the chronological order of the series completely mapped out. Leland Chee said they don't currently have plans to add the EU Clone Wars material in as well, but it should make it easier if others want to do so.

Also, it's Jason Fry, not Frey, in case that alters anyone's searches. Frey is the dude who throws weddings you want to avoid. [/gameofthrones]

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
You mean former Eagle, Glen's brother, isn't a SW writer? ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
There's a Secrets of The Clone Wars panel tomorrow at Celebration Europe II. Stateside it takes place at 9 a.m. EST/6 a.m. PST, so hopefully there will finally be some news about the bonus content.

Word on the street is that the Season Five DVD/Blu-ray sets will be out October 15 alongside a full-series set. I've been getting the season DVDs and waiting to get a complete series Blu-ray, but I don't want to have to rebuy it with the bonus content added later. I assume that will also be addressed tomorrow, but we shall see.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2013, 10:28 AM
As rumored, the DVD/Blu-ray sets will be out October 15 (http://starwars.com/news/swce-2013-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-five-and-seasons-1-5-box-sets-coming-this-fall.html?utm_source=http%3A%2F%2Fstarwars.com%2Fd ata%2Fheadlines.xml&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=starwars-site_rss). Season Five will have two director's cut episodes. The Complete Series set includes a 54-page concept art booklet.

Star Wars Underworld (http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2013/07/ceii-secrets-of-star-wars-clone-wars.html) has a collection of tweets from the Clone Wars panel. They're still working on how to release the bonus content, and didn't say how much was coming, but there are several hints at things that will be seen in the content. There's also mention of several unfinished storylines, but Pablo Hidalgo says they may make it out as another movie. Another interesting tidbit is that there have been elements of the shelved live-action series in TCW since Season Two, so I wonder what those could be . . .

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Aarrgghh! I knew I should've passed on the separate DVD seasons. Do I or don't I, for this one, based on the art book and extra cuts? Hmm...

JediTricks
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Seriously, just release them on another DVD pass. This is stupid, how much longer is this "bonus content" going to be relevant if they don't release that news soon?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-13-2013, 08:56 AM
So, is everyone lining up at stores for all the midnight releases for Season 5 this Tuesday? Or holding your finger above the "Submit Order" link on your computer/smart phone?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2013, 11:49 AM
I'll be asking for the Season Five DVDs for my birthday, at least. And as I mentioned in another thread, we know the bonus content will be available in early 2014, so I will probably still wait until we know more about that before getting the Blu-ray box set.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2013, 09:52 PM
I haven't de-shrinkwrapped this one yet, but I found it at Best Buy for $30. Hardly any ads for it, that I noticed. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
10-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I still don't have season 4 yet. I recall having trouble finding the first two seasons when they came out. I haven't checked lately for season 4 or 5.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I still don't have season 4 yet. I recall having trouble finding the first two seasons when they came out. I haven't checked lately for season 4 or 5.I just noticed that I had bought 4 when it came out, but it too hasn't even been opened. Wow; what a fan I am...