PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Post a name of ONLY 1 figure (different from everyone else's here) you want

Tycho
06-14-2012, 12:48 AM
These are SideShow 1/6 scale (12") figures. It can be a HotToys figure if it's a Droid or all furry, difficult to make for SideShow.

Your post should be one name and a description if you need it so the post is large enough.

I'll go with...........

NUTE GUNRAY from TPM.

It was rumored SideShow would make him.

preacher
06-14-2012, 11:54 PM
I've mentioned Embo before, but I would really be curious to see Xizor in 6 inch.

TheDarthVader
06-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Bring on a 12" Ephant Mon!!

JediTricks
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Leia Bespin Escape (jumpsuit)

It took me 5 whole minutes to think of a figure I'd buy at this point that isn't already coming or strongly rumored.

bigbarada
06-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Kithaba - yes, I'm extremely predictable, so sue me.

Tycho
06-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Mas Ameeda from AOTC

bigbarada
06-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Barada

(BTW, Ephant Mon would be awesome in 12" scale, TheDarthVader!)

Tycho
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
General Grievous' Magna-100 Body Guard Droids! (with their capes.) - Probably made by Hot Toys for SideShow.

bigbarada
06-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Tessek (Squid Head)

tagmac
06-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Chewbacca......surprised he wasn't already mentioned.

bigbarada
06-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Chewbacca......surprised he wasn't already mentioned.

I just assumed that Sideshow was working on him. I'm pretty sure that he's going to turn out horrible, so I'm intentionally leaving any Wookiees off of my wish list until we see exactly what Sideshow does with him.

Anyways, Yak Face (Salty Marie - or whatever his stupid EU name is).

Slicker
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Cruise Missile Trooper (preferably Frassk)

bigbarada
06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Amanaman to go along with Ephant Mon.

Tycho
06-23-2012, 11:35 AM
A new head sculpt for a variation Rebel Fleet Trooper.

That's not really hard.

bigbarada
06-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Weequay Hunter from the Prisoner Skiff.

Tycho
06-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Princess Leia, red Bespin gown.

BigBarada, I really like your ROTJ choices. They are right in line with my own and a 12" Weequay would be so awesome!

bigbarada
06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
BigBarada, I really like your ROTJ choices. They are right in line with my own and a 12" Weequay would be so awesome!

Yeah, I kind of wish Sideshow had kept the momentum going with the Jabba's Palace characters instead of getting so heavily sidetracked with Clones.

Anyways, keeping with the same theme:

Wooof - the vintage Klaatu

Tycho
06-28-2012, 01:05 AM
I want the red Nikto that Lando fought on the first skiff.

I am planning to use the Weequay in this manner. Not accurate, but I think the Weequay is more recognizeable and SideShow would make him first. Then I can switch if "my Nikto" is ever made. Wooof is cooler looking but I like the start of the Sarlaac battle when almost all the heroes are on the same skiff. However, Wooof is my favorite Jabba / Skiff / Sailbarge denizen.

I believe Sideshow will return to the Scum and Villany line, however I bet their trying to gain economies of scale for their Clone Trooper molds and if they have, possibly use the profit for General Grievous - a figure they can't possibly re-market after he's developed. Don't forget they also did IG-88.

I am very much with you BigBarada on most of the Jabba personnel. The large guys like Ephont Mon, Amanaman, and no doubt you'll vote for Herme Odel, do not seem as necessary to me.

bigbarada
06-29-2012, 12:39 AM
You mean Vedain, that's the name of the Nikto Skiff Driver.

I'll vote for Velken Tezeri, the human Skiff Guard on the Prisoner Skiff.

Tycho
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Where are JediBear and the other SideShow 12" collectors in this thead?

After this post, I'll hold off from voting to let others catch up.

I don't collect CW 12" but I have a Thrawn EU figure.

I would definitely want and would immediately buy Mara Jade (original jumpsuit with extra camaouflage poncho, hat, and goggles) if they made her.

JediTricks
07-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Would you guys really pay $120+ for all these things? I cannot imagine doing that, so I haven't been able to come up with other entries.

Tycho
07-02-2012, 03:52 AM
I want the SideShow figures to return to being about $100. That's 5 times as much as the Hasbro 12" cost back in the day.

Aside from Han Bespin (I think he's it) I am not re-purchasing 1/6 scale characters I already have. So it's not costing me THAT much. Like I'm forgoing all the bounty hunters as I have Hasbro's. They look great, too (see my 12" pic thread).

But for crazy non-reusable full-sculpts, like Grievous (I own 1 Hasbro and actually need another one of him which is why I'll buy) I could see spending $150 or so as being reasonable.

The Clones' prices have actually gone down. These figures were about $70 when they debuted (Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin).

That was probably just to get us hooked on collecting the stuff.

Anyway, my vote this round goes to Captain Panaka. Yes I'd definitely buy him to display with my 1/6 scale girls' line Theed Throne Queen and handmaiden. I think a hologram of Senator Palpatine is in order to be included with him, along with removeable hat, blaster, ascension gun, battle droid blaster, and throne chair arm's hidden pistol.

bigbarada
07-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Would you guys really pay $120+ for all these things? I cannot imagine doing that, so I haven't been able to come up with other entries.

I'd pay $120 each for Kithaba and Barada for sure. The rest would depend on how good they turned out.

I'll vote for Umpass Stay this round. Yes, I would buy him. I've even got an Umpass Stay poster in my house. Him and Ak Rev are probably the only reasons that I haven't completely written off the Special Edition version of the Rebo Band. His outfit is pretty intricate, though, and would take quite a bit for Sideshow to replicate it faithfully.

JediTricks
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I want the SideShow figures to return to being about $100. That's 5 times as much as the Hasbro 12" cost back in the day.It's also double what Sideshow was charging for figures when they got the license 6 years ago.

But for crazy non-reusable full-sculpts, like Grievous (I own 1 Hasbro and actually need another one of him which is why I'll buy) I could see spending $150 or so as being reasonable.Minimum $200 from what they said a year ago at Comic-Con.

The Clones' prices have actually gone down. These figures were about $70 when they debuted (Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin).I'm not sure I understand your point. The Sideshow figures were $50-$55 when the line started, but there weren't clones for a until mid-'09. The clones prices have gone up consistently, base figures started at $90, and Commanders were $125 (Vader was also $125). They rarely make regular clones now, but they're around the same price while somehow magically everything else has gone up in price, and Commanders have just increased to $135, while Boba Fett was $175 (I used him as a metric because we don't know how expensive ROTJ Vader will be yet).

jedibear
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Okay, I'll play...

Captain Tarpals

....and a kaadu for him to ride.

Darth Metalmute
07-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Is there a 12" rumor thread? I am not caught up with Sideshow rumors. I have lost interest in the line due to cost and the overwhelming clone invasion. However, I still would be interested in core character, like previously mentioned Leia, Chewbacca, and to the lessor extent Xixor and Mara Jade.

I'm assuming the Droids are on the rumors list, so I'll pick Tarkin.

bigbarada
07-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Let me jump over to the Prequels for a bit of a change of pace:

Dud Bolt - Ep1 podracer pilot

Seriously, Dud Bolt is one of two Prequel aliens that top my list of all time favorite Star Wars alien designs.

Tycho
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I like Dud Bolt too, Big Barada.

My vote will go to Senator Padme Amidala from Palpatine's office and her apartment in AOTC.

There are a lot of Padme figures that could be done, but a regular, definative figure of her as a Senator needs to be made, so I'll look to her most iconic, NON-action outfits, as the action ones are obvious.

But in line with something like the Portrait Edition figures from Hasbro (Padme and Leia), I think there are just a few really "inconic" looks for Padme that would translate nice to 12" figures (I hope for ALL to be me made in the 3 3/4" line).

Also in the 12" line (but I or someone else will vote for it later), the yellow dress Padme wore by the waterfalls would make a good look for a 12" figure. The black leather dress and her hair style might not be significantly different from a 1930's tribute to Barbie - though we all loved her in the outfit and for a 3 3/4" figure. But the hairstyle for the opening scene of her as a Senator (kind of an African style) and the hair in buns with the yellow dress are more unique Star Wars looks. Of course there are a lot more and a good update to the Arena figure would be most popular. If you count that one, I'd stop with these 3 figures of her from AOTC and be done with it (Arena - though I'm not replacing my Hasbro one, Yellow Dress, and MY VOTE: blue Senator dress).

Packing for Naboo Padme is a possibility too, but she didn't do much in that scene.

I really considered the nightgown outfit from the Kohoun attack (Zam Wessel), but that would be a very unusual choice for a 12" and also not too different from Barbie.

I don't want the line limited to one figure of her from any particular movie. But 3 strikes and she's out! (for AOTC).

bigbarada
07-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Did you know that Dud Bolt was originally named "Bozzie Barada" in some of the early Ep1 concept art? I just discovered that like yesterday while watching some of the special features on the Blu-Rays. I didn't even know that when I voted for him above.

Anyways, I'll vote for a fully decked out Sebulba in his podracer outfit to go along with Dud Bolt. I guess they could include his civilian outfit and some Chubas to help add value to the figure.

Darth Metalmute
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Jango fett

bigbarada
07-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm starting to run out of characters that I would pay $120+ for (just for the record, I think Dud Bolt and Sebulba would be more in the $70-80 range).

A-Wing Pilot - green flightsuit, generic human, no weird EU names.

Darth Metalmute
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Scout trooper with speeder bike. Yeah, I know it will be five hundred dollars. I think I would pay that if done right, barring I could.

bigbarada
07-10-2012, 05:52 PM
TIE Fighter Pilot - this is one that I'm kind of surprised hasn't been made yet.

IMO, none of the 12" TIE Pilots have really been all that great, except for the Marmit version, which was pretty good. I think the Medicom version from a couple of years ago suffered from having a helmet that was too small.

Tycho
07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I guess I'll vote for the Kashyyyk Scout Trooper Clone to go with Gree.

Darth Cruel
01-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Sio Bibble - From Phantom Menace