PDA

View Full Version : Essential Characters Poll - What if we started all over again?

Mad Slanted Powers
06-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Here is the premise. Assume a new line of Star Wars figures is being made. This could be now, or possibly in the distant future after the current line has died out, or perhaps you have travelled back in time to 1995 and could decide which figures should be made. In either case, which figures should be made? Imagine that they would be ultimate versions that would never need to be remade. This line will only include versions of characters seen in the six movies (either original or special edition versions), so no Clone Wars, Ewoks, Droids, Holiday Special, comics, books, video games or other expanded universe source (unless it also happens to be in the movies). The problem is that there will only be 144 figures, which means that there will be on average only 24 figures per movie.

I will not be asking for lists of 144 figures. Also, since some movies may have more characters worthy of being made into figures, I will not be asking for exactly 24 figures from each movie. Instead I will ask for 12 figures from each movie. Once we have completed that voting, I will then ask for 12 figures from the OT and 12 figures from the PT. At that point, we will have 96 of the 144 figures determined. I will then have 4 more rounds in which I will ask for 12 figures from any movie. We should imagine that the figures will be released in the order that we determine them here.

Also, since some figures appear in pretty much the same form in multiple movies, I will be doing the first round of voting one movie at a time, alternating between OT and PT. Since these are ultimate versions of the figures, you wouldn't need to vote for minor variations or movie-specific accessories or features. For example. If R2-D2 makes the list in the ANH poll, you won't need to vote for R2-D2 with sensor-scope from ESB, R2-D2 with launching lightsaber from ROTJ, or R2-D2 with rocket jets from the prequels. Whenever a figure makes the list we can decide on whether other versions of it are covered by that or not.

So, we will begin with Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Please list your choices for the first 12 figures to appear. There is no need to rank them, as I will simply go by the number of votes each one receives.

JediTricks
06-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Interesting idea...

ANH is probably the easiest because it's the tightest film in the series.

Luke Farmboy
Obi-Wan
Vader
Han
Leia
Stormtrooper
R2
3PO
Luke X-wing
Tusken Raider
Greedo
Chewie

(just missed my list: Tarkin, Jawa)

sebillba
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Great idea for a thread MSP, hope it gets lots of support.

As JT says, the main characters from ANH are pretty much locked in, so I was going to post virtually the same list (with Jawa instead of Luke X-Wing), but then I thought that out of 144 figures, I'd want a few Cantina denizens, and this would be my only chance to vote for them. In the unlikely event Vader, Stormtrooper and the droids don't make it through this round, I can always include them in my ESB list.

Luke (farmboy)
Han
Leia
Chewie
Obi-Wan
Greedo
Ponda Baba
Momaw Nadon
Zutton
Bom Vimdin
Tusken Raider
Jawa

mtriv73
06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
R2
C3P0
Luke Farmboy
Leia
Vader
Tarkin
Stormtrooper
Han
Chewie
Obi wan
Luke X-wing
Sandtrooper

El Chuxter
06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Darth Vader
Farmboy Luke
Princess Leia
C-3PO
R2-D2
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Stormtrooper
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Grand Moff Tarkin

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
It's tempting to go with the original 12 from the vintage line . . . I'll start with that as inspiration but make a few changes.

*Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)
*Han Solo
*Princess Leia Organa
*Chewbacca
*Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
*C-3PO
*R2-D2
*Tusken Raider
*Jawa
*Stormtrooper
*Greedo
*Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot)

No Vader for now, as you'll notice . . . since everything is so limited, I guess I would prefer an ESB/ROTJ version instead. I also cut the Death Squad Commander, since Greedo and X-wing Luke feel more iconic to me. Tarkin almost made the list, but as we've been living without a perfect Tarkin so far, I guess I can live without him in future lines, too.

JediTricks
06-22-2012, 12:50 AM
As JT says, the main characters from ANH are pretty much locked in, so I was going to post virtually the same list (with Jawa instead of Luke X-Wing), but then I thought that out of 144 figures, I'd want a few Cantina denizens, and this would be my only chance to vote for them. In the unlikely event Vader, Stormtrooper and the droids don't make it through this round, I can always include them in my ESB list.I don't understand the point of trying to game these polls though, if you thought those first 12 were the right ones, why change that to throw lesser characters in simply because our answers are similar? It seems to me like that only dilutes your vote.

In any case, it's not your only chance to vote for them, MSP said there would be 4 wildcard rounds of 12 votes each after the movie-specific votes.

No Vader for now, as you'll notice . . . since everything is so limited, I guess I would prefer an ESB/ROTJ version instead. I also cut the Death Squad Commander, since Greedo and X-wing Luke feel more iconic to me. Tarkin almost made the list, but as we've been living without a perfect Tarkin so far, I guess I can live without him in future lines, too.I thought about Death Squad Commander as well, but he got cut for simply not doing anything in the film, I couldn't justify him enough.

Vader is a tough choice, and I do see your point. Vader's costumes are all very similar, yet they are also different from each other - there's no way to do a "definitive OT Vader" because of that, it'd be like trying to make a "definitive OT Luke". So for ANH, I'd rather have a definitive ANH Vader than a Jawa, hence my votes went that way. It's a challenging thought though, because if I was forced to have just 1 Vader design from the OT, it'd not be ANH.

El Chuxter
06-22-2012, 02:21 AM
I had a hard time cutting Greedo and Evazan.

Kinda funny that my "Top 14" includes two characters Kenner and Hasbro didn't make at all for almost 20 years, and have as lowest priority on their resculpt list, just finally getting to updating them this year.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-22-2012, 03:25 AM
My votes for ANH will be the same as El Chuxter's.

Farmboy Luke
Princess Leia
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Ben Kenobi
R2-D2
C-3PO
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Stormtrooper
Tarkin

I don't understand the point of trying to game these polls though, if you thought those first 12 were the right ones, why change that to throw lesser characters in simply because our answers are similar? It seems to me like that only dilutes your vote.That is kind of my thought as well. My approach to the voting is that since this is a poll about essential characters, I will vote first for the figures I would consider most essential to have. I've always thought that the original 12 vintage figures were good choices, except that they should have made Tarkin instead of the Death Squad Commander. Rebel Fleet Trooper would have been nice to have back in those days, too. A friend of mine actually repainted a Death Squad Commander to look like a Rebel Fleet Trooper, and painted a Stormtrooper black to look like a TIE Pilot. I did not have that sort of artistic ability. I tried painting the Stormtrooper, but it wasn't turning out well and I started to remove the paint. It is still partially painted 33 years later.

Vader is a tough choice, and I do see your point. Vader's costumes are all very similar, yet they are also different from each other - there's no way to do a "definitive OT Vader" because of that, it'd be like trying to make a "definitive OT Luke". So for ANH, I'd rather have a definitive ANH Vader than a Jawa, hence my votes went that way. It's a challenging thought though, because if I was forced to have just 1 Vader design from the OT, it'd not be ANH.At least all of the versions of Vader pretty much look the same to the average person. There is quite a bit more difference between all of the different versions of Luke from all the films. I would be happy with one version of Vader, even if it does not match the movie on the card. In fact, this theoretical line may just say "Star Wars" and not indicate a specific movie on the card.

sebillba
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Ok, my bad, I mis-read the rules (I was still waking up when I read the thread, I should've re-read them before I posted, sorry) - I wasn't trying to "game the poll", but I thought we were only getting 12 votes each per movie, so I tried to narrow down my choices to the most interesting (to me) 36 characters from the OT, then split them across the three films. Anyway, please scrap my original votes, I'll start again:

Luke (farmboy)
Han
Leia
Chewie
Obi-Wan
C-3PO
R2-D2
Vader
Stormtrooper
Greedo
Tusken Raider
Jawa

bigbarada
06-22-2012, 11:17 AM
I highly doubt that, if any toy company took over the Star Wars license and started a whole new toy line from scratch, that the first wave would be nothing but OT figures. In fact, I think PT figures would likely dominate the first few waves.

But since that's not the discussion here, these are my picks of the "first 12" ANH figures:

1. Boba Fett (we are living in a post-SE world, like it or not)
2. Darth Vader
3. Luke Farmboy
4. Han Solo
5. Princess Leia
6. Stormtrooper
7. Sandtrooper
8. Chewbacca
9. C-3PO
10. R2-D2
11. Luke X-Wing Pilot
12. Ben Kenobi

Tycho
06-24-2012, 11:46 AM
ANH:

1. Luke (Tatooine)
2. Han (Cantina)
3. Chewie
4. Leia (Imperial Senator)
5. C-3PO
6. R2-D2
7. Old Ben Kenobi
8. Darth Vader
9. Stormtrooper
10.Greedo (he sets up Han Solo's wanted story, Fett appears more in other movies)
11. Jawa (sets the stage on Tatooine for delivering R2-D2. Sand People are in other films if necessary)
12.Grand Moff Tarkin (he is the enemy defeated, as Vader survives)

Snowtrooper
06-24-2012, 07:26 PM
ANH:

1. Luke-Farmboy
2. Princess Leia
3. Han Solo
4. Chewbacca
5. R2-D2
6. C3P0
7. Darth Vader
8. Ben Kenobi
9. Stormtrooper
10. Tarkin
11. Tusken Raider
12. Jawa

JediTricks
06-25-2012, 01:09 AM
That is kind of my thought as well. My approach to the voting is that since this is a poll about essential characters, I will vote first for the figures I would consider most essential to have. I've always thought that the original 12 vintage figures were good choices, except that they should have made Tarkin instead of the Death Squad Commander. Rebel Fleet Trooper would have been nice to have back in those days, too. A friend of mine actually repainted a Death Squad Commander to look like a Rebel Fleet Trooper, and painted a Stormtrooper black to look like a TIE Pilot. I did not have that sort of artistic ability. I tried painting the Stormtrooper, but it wasn't turning out well and I started to remove the paint. It is still partially painted 33 years later.I hear ya. I think the DS Commander was a better choice at the time since he was another generic trooper that could shoot back at the heroes, while Tarkin was just a menacing old man.

Those seem like adequate repaints for the time, sorry yours didn't ever finish its journey - maybe you can say he got caught in the Falcon's exhaust. ;)

At least all of the versions of Vader pretty much look the same to the average person. There is quite a bit more difference between all of the different versions of Luke from all the films. I would be happy with one version of Vader, even if it does not match the movie on the card. In fact, this theoretical line may just say "Star Wars" and not indicate a specific movie on the card.Yeah, I suppose, but for me talking about my essential characters, it matters to me enough to consider them different. If you want us to go with a generic single Vader for this theoretical line, then I'd have to change my ANH vote since ANH ain't my "generic Vader" look.

Ok, my bad, I mis-read the rules (I was still waking up when I read the thread, I should've re-read them before I posted, sorry) - I wasn't trying to "game the poll", but I thought we were only getting 12 votes each per movie, so I tried to narrow down my choices to the most interesting (to me) 36 characters from the OT, then split them across the three films. I didn't mean to insinuate you were trying to actually mess with the vote, only that it seemed to treat the poll as a game, to strategize your votes rather than just vote how you feel - it's happened a lot during the previous polls run in our forums, I blame reality shows, they've trained people not to vote for what they want but for what they think can win, but I find that self-defeating. Anyway, no malice was intended.

I highly doubt that, if any toy company took over the Star Wars license and started a whole new toy line from scratch, that the first wave would be nothing but OT figures. In fact, I think PT figures would likely dominate the first few waves.I dunno, as much recognition as there is, I think any company looking at the state of Star Wars toys selling today would see a lot of unsold PT product - the variety of PT pegwarmers seems pretty high over the past 13 years compared to OT pegwarmers in that same time period. Almost the entire wave of TPM has been rotting on pegs for 6 months now, and TPM nearly doomed the world's #2 toy manufacturer 11 years ago. How many prequel Obi-Wan and Anakin figures have sat unsold in the last 5 years? A lot. I think if a new company came in, they'd see a real challenge on marketing a line to a diverse audience.

1. Boba Fett (we are living in a post-SE world, like it or not)We are, and I thought of that when I was crafting my votes, but I felt his presence and look in ANH wasn't enough to warrant inclusion on my ANH list, so he didn't make the cut for me.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Keep the votes coming for the top 12 figures for ANH. I am going to keep that open for another week or two. In the meantime, I would like to start the TPM voting. Before we do, I would like input on a few things.

R2-D2 is more than likely going to make the list for ANH. I would consider an ultimate version of him to be able to work for any movie.

C-3PO should also make the ANH list, but I am less certain about doing one version of C-3PO working for all movies. There was an AOTC figure that had removable coverings. Perhaps an ultimate version could have different sets of removable coverings and limbs to make him resemble any of his appearances.

Finally, Padmé has many different appearances in TPM, which will make it difficult to choose which version(s) are most essential. If she was like a mini Barbie doll that came with multiple outfits, one figure could work. However, if we can do that with one character, we could do it with just about any character.

So, my suggestions would be:

Don't vote for R2-D2 in any subsequent polls.
Consider each Padmé outfit to be a different figure.
Vote for C-3PO only if you think the ANH version could not be made to work for a TPM or AOTC figure.

It could be that with the limited space in this poll, many of you would not find those versions essential enough to put on your lists anyway. So, I am inclined to just let people vote and see how things play out. What do you all think?

El Chuxter
06-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Good point about C-3PO. Can I scratch him from my list and replace him with Greedo?

El Chuxter
06-29-2012, 02:03 AM
(BTW, I'd consider an ESB C-3PO with removable limbs and a "naked" TPM one to be necessary. The removable coverings thing always winds up looking like crap, so I'd just skip it. And "rusty" C-3PO is cheesy-looking, so I personally would skip him altogether.)

TPM:
Qui-Gon Jinn
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan--BTW, would be it acceptable to include alternate heads for the AOTC and ROTS versions, since the body's basically the same?)
Anakin Skywalker (Slave/Podracer Pilot/N-1 Pilot)
Darth Maul
Battle Droid
Sebulba
Droideka
Padme (Battle--perhaps with alternate head to make Sabe)
Senator Palpatine
Jar Jar Binks
Captain Tarpals
Shmi Skywalker

As cool as all the podracers are, Sebulba's the only one who serves as anything other than window dressing, so to speak.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Good point about C-3PO. Can I scratch him from my list and replace him with Greedo?Sure. However, my thought is that if you think C-3PO is more essential than Greedo, you should vote for C-3PO in the first round.

Edit - I see now what you said about the ESB version being more essential, and your explanation.

Tycho
06-29-2012, 01:19 PM
1. Qui-Gon Jinn (w. Jedi robe and Tatooine poncho, Jedi breathing device, removeable death blow wound (like Luke DSII's open shirt chest variation), and wet hair head sculpt).

2. Obi-Wan Kenobit (w. Jedi robe, Jedi breathing device, Qui-Gon's lightsaber, and wet hair head sculpt)

3. Anakin (w. podracer and N-1 fighter helmets, small Jedi robe, short hair extra head sculpt, N-1 fighter controls. Pack him with folded and articulated pit droids)

4. Padme Queen Amidala 2nd hanger battle dress (the most important Padme with long and short Naboo blasters and ascension gun, maybe removeable handmaiden robe that covers her entire battledress figure, with alt head or a tight hood).

5. Battle Droid (keep with the clean, dirty, blasted, light-saber slashed style that was originally released with sculpt improvements).

6. Darth Maul, packed with the Sidious hologram, probe droids, every variation of his lightsaber, plus binoculars and wrist commlink, plus detaching body for battle wound with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

7. Nute Gunray [he's in all 3 prequels with different hats, but TPM is his most prominent feature and there needs to be a leader for the Droid army since the Sith are "phantoms" or rumors only (until Maul shows up)]. I'm not going to vote for the Viceroy from the other films, but he needs to be made. TPM is the right collection for him to show up in. Pack him with the Mechno-chair and soft goods so Nute can sit, or the Sidious hologram I'd include with Darth Maul can be placed on it.

8. Watto - with flying and rest-position interchangeable wings, plus hat. Pack him with folded and articulated pit droids.

9. JarJar - with varying head sculpts so his ears are in different positions and his tongue is out or not, his boom-ba weapons, both soft Representative cloaks that cover all, since I will not recommend AOTC or ROTS versions of JarJar. He could also include chubbas to eat, a wrench, a half battle-droid (poseable arms).

10. Sebulba - the most important podracer. He could have a removeable "biker leather vest" and head sculpts with and without his racing helmet and googles on.

11. Gungan Warrior - the final battle was key and a soldier species thats representative of the unique population of a planet and can be army-built is necessary to "play Star Wars." The latter does not qualify Captain Tarpals or Boss Nass and "General" JarJar is not an army builder (fortunately).

12. Shmi Skywalker - she was a main character and extremely important to Anakin. She could include her tools and perhaps a Tusken torture rack, maybe a scarred face extra headsculpt from AOTC since she doesn't need 2 figures. But TPM is the one for Shmi.

Tycho
06-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Chuxter made an interesting point about Obi-Wan's figure and different head sculpts being included.

When we do AOTC and ROTS we'll also run into this issue with Anakin (along with different hand attachments).

I didn't think we could go "build-a-droid" on C-3PO either, because his TPM and AOTC versions are whole different bodies unless everything on his "naked form" are tight-fitting rusty and gold attachments.

R2D2 is fine just coming with everything from a sailbarge serving tray to rocket jets and a hologram of Theed palace.

Chewie could come with headsculpts for both the ANH and ESB/ROTJ hair.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2012, 03:09 PM
C-3PO should also make the ANH list, but I am less certain about doing one version of C-3PO working for all movies. There was an AOTC figure that had removable coverings. Perhaps an ultimate version could have different sets of removable coverings and limbs to make him resemble any of his appearances.
In an ideal world, this would be awesome, but I haven't seen any technology that suggests this is feasible. The removable pieces on the 2010 TVC C-3PO are pretty cool, but his face looks a little mask-like, and I don't think it would work for the entire body. Maybe in 10 years or so?

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan--BTW, would be it acceptable to include alternate heads for the AOTC and ROTS versions, since the body's basically the same?)
The body is similar, but the colors are different in each film and so is the cut of the tunic and the style of the boots, so I wouldn't want them to just lump in three heads.

Same thing for AOTC/ROTS Anakin - the colors are different (most obviously the undershirt), and then there's his gloved arm. Anakin also bulked up quite a bit (except for the reshoots when Hayden lost some of the muscle :p ), so I don't think a reuse would be any good there.

Padme (Battle--perhaps with alternate head to make Sabe)
Padmé's battle gear was the same as every other handmaiden except Sabé, who was in the decoy queen getup at the time.

I'll post my list in a little bit.

sebillba
06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
10. Sebulba - the most important podracer. He could have a removeable "biker leather vest" and head sculpts with and without his racing helmet and googles on.

The POTJ Sebulba had removable helmet/goggles, so I don't think he'd need alternative head sculpts.

Anyway, here are my choices:

Qui-Gon
Obi Wan (one body with a different head sculpt for each film would probably be fine for me)
Darth Maul
Anakin (Tatooine)
Padme (Theed Battle Dress)
Jar Jar
Sebulba
Watto
Boss Nass
Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Battle Droid

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
*Qui-Gon Jinn
*Obi-Wan Kenobi
*Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
*Queen Amidala (Battle)
*Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion - Red Dress)
*Jar Jar Binks
*Darth Maul
*Battle Droid
*C-3PO
*Destroyer Droid
*Watto
*Sebulba

I think several of the Jedi Council members are must-haves, but I can wait until AOTC or ROTS for most of them, as they don't really do anything in TPM except sit and stand.

The existing versions of Watto and Sebulba in this line are pretty good, but I'd love to see all-new versions.

El Chuxter
06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
You are correct, Senor JabbaJohnL.

Snowtrooper
06-29-2012, 11:16 PM
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Qui-Gon Jinn
3. Darth Maul
4. Padme-Theed Battle
5. Battle Droid
6. Darth Sidious
7. Sen. Palpatine
8. Anakin-Tatooine
9. Jar-Jar Binks
10. Watto
11. Sebulba
12. Destroyer Droid

Tycho
06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
JabbaJohn, I think the intent of the poll is to start over. We don't even know for certain the size of the figures, but we only get 12 from each movie.

So even if "existing figures" are good, if the character's essential, we have to have 'em.

We haven't done AOTC and ROTS yet, but because there are enough costume changes, we can't have multiple head sculpts packed in with Obi and Ani according to MSP.

Meanwhile, I'm saving my vote for a Destroyer Droid for the AOTC allotment. All 3 major types of TF combat droids are necessary for the PT collection, but you can space them out. I find the AOTC list has the most room for them.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-30-2012, 03:17 AM
JabbaJohn, I think the intent of the poll is to start over. We don't even know for certain the size of the figures, but we only get 12 from each movie.Actually, we will get at least 12 from each movie. After the six movie rounds, we will have an OT round, a PT round, and then 4 rounds that are open to all 6 movies.

We haven't done AOTC and ROTS yet, but because there are enough costume changes, we can't have multiple head sculpts packed in with Obi and Ani according to MSP.I would probably concur with JabbaJohn that Obi-Wan and Anakin need to have different versions for each of the prequels, but I guess if enough people felt that one Obi-Wan with multiple heads would suffice, then that is the way the poll would go. I'm trying to avoid telling people how they should vote, especially since it is kind of hard to come up with good, consistent rules that would apply to all of the characters, and not knowing what would be reasonable or even feasible in a theoretical "ultimate version" of a figure. The only instructions I would give would be for people to try to approach it from the perspective of the thread title - "Essential Characters." I'll explain more of my thought process later, as it is time for me to get some sleep.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2012, 02:42 PM
JabbaJohn, I think the intent of the poll is to start over. We don't even know for certain the size of the figures, but we only get 12 from each movie.

So even if "existing figures" are good, if the character's essential, we have to have 'em.
Yeah, I know. I guess my language wasn't clear enough - I was just musing on the fact that, in the current, Hasbro-produced 3 3/4" scale line, I would like to see updated versions of Sebulba and Watto.

On the Ani/Obi body issue, I'm treating this like this hypothetical line would have the ultimate, perfect versions of these figures, and saying "Eh, I kind of remember those guys' outfits being the same movie-to-movie" doesn't line up with that vision for the line, which is why I don't support it. It would be like reusing X-wing pilot gear for Snowspeeder pilots, or using one Vader for his many different appearances, or not giving Han different-colored pants for his different appearances - most people might not notice or care, but I think those differences are all worth recognizing.

JediTricks
07-01-2012, 01:07 AM
C-3PO should also make the ANH list, but I am less certain about doing one version of C-3PO working for all movies. There was an AOTC figure that had removable coverings. Perhaps an ultimate version could have different sets of removable coverings and limbs to make him resemble any of his appearances.I doubt they could pull this off well, but I'm not even sure prequel 3PO is important enough to those stories to make this list. Still, it's an interesting idea, but I think like Luke there's no way to do it in "ultimate" quality with 1 figure.

Finally, Padmé has many different appearances in TPM, which will make it difficult to choose which version(s) are most essential. If she was like a mini Barbie doll that came with multiple outfits, one figure could work. However, if we can do that with one character, we could do it with just about any character.She has 11 outfits in the film, multiple makeup looks, every single one is different hair as well. I don't really know how they could deliver anything that could handle all that in 1 package, and no way cloth will work with how complex the costumes are. You could maybe think snap-on outfits a la Polly Pocket but they'd barely be able to move, doesn't sound so ultimate. So yeah, every figure should be separate.

So, my suggestions would be:

Don't vote for R2-D2 in any subsequent polls.
Consider each Padmé outfit to be a different figure.
Vote for C-3PO only if you think the ANH version could not be made to work for a TPM or AOTC figure.

It could be that with the limited space in this poll, many of you would not find those versions essential enough to put on your lists anyway. So, I am inclined to just let people vote and see how things play out. What do you all think?
Sounds right on the money.

Sure. However, my thought is that if you think C-3PO is more essential than Greedo, you should vote for C-3PO in the first round.

Edit - I see now what you said about the ESB version being more essential, and your explanation.Interesting. My list was exclusive to ANH, I wrote it thinking only about that film. I don't know how my lists work interacting with that later, I guess we'll find out.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Here is my list. Kind of hard to decide.

Anakin - Tatooine
Qui-Gon Jinn
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Watto
Boss Nass
Jar Jar
Destroyer Droid
Battle Droid
Padmé - Battle
Captain Panaka
Darth Maul
Sebulba

JediTricks
07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Qui-Gon
Maul
Obi-Wan
Battle Droid
Security Battle Droid (hmm, how to we reconcile this one? Same figure?)
Destroyer Droid
Jar Jar
Gungan Warrior
Padme (end battle)
Captain Panaka
Queen Amidala (opening scene)
Anakin

I must confess, the last 6 were a total struggle, I can barely care about them, there's really nothing inspiring about those characters as figures, I wouldn't buy them again, they really don't mean much to my larger saga collection, but in the "gotta fill the list" list they're the top 6 choices I guess, they're the most interesting as figures.

bigbarada
07-01-2012, 01:28 AM
TPM list... ugh....

1. Qui-Gon Jinn
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Anakin Skywalker (with Podracer helmet and Naboo Pilot helmet)
4. Jar Jar Binks
5. Padme (Tatooine peasant girl outfit)
6. Queen Amidala (final battle outfit)
7. Darth Maul
8. Battle Droid
9. Darth Sidious
10. Watto
11. Sebulba
12. Captain Panaka

...yawn....

Yeah, these are all essential to the film, but there are only two or three that I would actually buy at this point (Anakin, Watto and Sebulba).

Mad Slanted Powers
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, since we have received no new votes for ANH in the past week, I would like to go ahead and close that poll and move on to ESB. However, there is a tie for the 12th spot between Greedo and Tarkin. Since neither of those will figure into the ESB poll, we can have a runoff for those two figures while we move on to ESB.

First, here are the results of the ANH Poll

Seven figures were unanimous choices, receiving 9 votes each:

Tied for 1st - 9 Votes
Luke Skywalker - Tatooine Farmboy
Han Solo
Princess Leia
Chewbacca
Stormtrooper
Ben Kenobi
R2-D2

Tied for 8th - 8 Votes
C-3PO
Darth Vader

Tied for 10th - 6 Votes
Jawa
Tusken Raider

Tied for 12th - 5 Votes
Tarkin
Greedo

So, for now there are three things to vote for:

1. Vote for either Tarkin or Greedo to determine the 12th spot in the ANH poll.
2. Vote for your top 12 TPM figures if you have not already.
3. Vote for your top 12 ESB figures.

bigbarada
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll vote for Greedo over Tarkin for a few reasons. First, he's an alien which would be a lot more exciting to a kid than some old guy. Secondly, his scene helped define the personality of a core character. Finally, he died in a shootout with said core character, so his play value factor is instantly higher than Tarkin's.

12 ESB figures:

1. Luke Hoth
2. Luke Bespin
3. Leia Hoth
4. Han Hoth
5. Han Bespin
6. Leia Bespin Gown
7. Lando Calrissian
8. Snowtrooper
9. Yoda
10. Boba Fett
11. C-3PO removable limbs
12. Imperial Officer (generic to stand in for Veers, Piett, Ozzel, Needa etc.)

JediTricks
07-08-2012, 01:38 PM
1. Vote for either Tarkin or Greedo to determine the 12th spot in the ANH poll.Hmm. I hate to say it, but I'd vote for Greedo over Tarkin in that scenario, even though I'd rather have Tarkin than Greedo, Greedo is a better "essential characters" character for ANH. :(

So, ESB, in no particular order:
Luke Hoth
Han Hoth
Lando
Luke Bespin
Snowtrooper
2-1B
Power Droid
Han Bespin
Leia Bespin Escape
Yoda
Boba Fett
Hoth Rebel Trooper

(just missing the cut: Leia Hoth, Luke Snowspeeder, Lobot... anybody else who starts with an "L"?)

Tycho
07-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Greedo over Tarkin.

In ANH play, Vader can lead the stormtroopers, even if "there is no big enemy that actually gets defeated in play." Greedo establishes Han Solo's problems with Jabba the Hutt and begins telling that storyline - even in the SE before we actually see Jabba.

Han Hoth (Bespins not required)
Leia Hoth (Bespins not required)
Luke Hoth (kids can use ANH Luke for Bespin)
Hoth Rebel (the guys in the trench with alternative head sculpts - not the tan vest)
Snowtrooper
Tie Pilot
Luke X-wing (snowspeeder is too scene specific)
Yoda (should be the definitive figure with PT lightsaber and new and old robes included)
Lando Bespin
Bespin Guard (probably with alternative head and hand sculpts)
IG-88 (Clone Wars tie-in and a challenger for Boba Fett)
Boba Fett (I'll support using either armor color here)

The Hoth scenerio is unique for play. The characters need to be in specialized clothing that protects them from the environment. And there needs to be troops.

If Han, Leia, and Luke wore their basic ANH wardrobe on Bespin, it would have had little effect on the possible action (the canina vest, the white dress with hair in buns, and the farm boy clothes). Kids could play out the essential action of the 5th Star Wars episode.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-08-2012, 11:45 PM
For those voting for a Hoth Rebel, what did you have in mind? The current brown vest version in the TVC line - http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC68EchoBase.asp, or something like The Legacy Collection soldier - http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC42Hoth1.asp ?

Edit - Actually, unless someone votes for both versions, I could just accept the votes as they are and when we are done with this round, we can have a vote to determine which version, assuming it makes the top 12. That way, the Hoth Rebel Soldier vote is not diluted if enough people feel one should be made.

sebillba
07-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Greedo or Tarkin? No contest for me, Greedo all the way! If I could only buy one figure from ANH, it would be Greedo! Whilst he's not one of the core characters, as a kid I always got more play value out of him - I wouldn't just re-enact the films, but would also make up my own stories, and Greedo was often the central character. And even now, VTSC Greedo (with swapped vest) is my favourite figure in the modern line.

I'll come back later with my ESB votes.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2012, 12:02 PM
So, for now there are three things to vote for:

1. Vote for either Tarkin or Greedo to determine the 12th spot in the ANH poll.
2. Vote for your top 12 TPM figures if you have not already.
3. Vote for your top 12 ESB figures.1. Oops; I didn't realize I missed the cut-off. But I'd go Tarkin (because I know Beedo will get massive votes in ROJ! :p ) for ANH.

2. My TPM:
- Qui-Gon (breather, removable cloak)
- Padawan Obi-Wan (breather, removable cloak)
- Young Anakin (removable helmet, backpack)
- Queen Amidala (red/hanger headress outfit)
- Queen Amidala (Tatooine outfit)
- Capt. Panaka
- Battle Droid
- Watto
- Naboo Royal Guard
- Jar Jar
- Darth Maul
- Senator Palpatine

3. My ESB:
- Bespin Luke
- Hoth Luke
- Hoth Han
- Long sleeves [Bespin] Han
- Bespin Lando
- Yoda
- Hoth Rebel Soldier
- Bespin Security
- Boba Fett
- Snowtrooper
- Hoth Leia
- Bossk (hey, only non-Fett bounty hunter with dialogue! )

JediTricks
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
For those voting for a Hoth Rebel, what did you have in mind? The current brown vest version in the TVC line - http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC68EchoBase.asp, or something like The Legacy Collection soldier - http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC42Hoth1.asp ?

Edit - Actually, unless someone votes for both versions, I could just accept the votes as they are and when we are done with this round, we can have a vote to determine which version, assuming it makes the top 12. That way, the Hoth Rebel Soldier vote is not diluted if enough people feel one should be made.The latter all the way for me, I forgot that one is a "Soldier" and the other is a "Trooper", sorry about that, I'll change that in my post.

Although the gang-vote will help it get in, I would think that if a significant portion aren't getting to vote for what they intended, they will be confused and/or frustrated that their votes helped a different guy get in. Tough to decide on.

- Long sleeves [Bespin] HanWhat does this mean? I'm totally curious, never heard anyone describe it this way. Is that black coat Han, or Han without coat but before the Carbonite chamber binders cinched his sleeves up, or what?

sebillba
07-09-2012, 01:36 PM
1. Yoda
2. Luke Bespin (also works for Dagobah)
3. Han Bespin
4. Leia Bespin (red dress)
5. Luke Hoth
6. Han Hoth
7. Leia Hoth (could also be used for Bespin Escape, especially if she has a removable vest)
8. Snowtrooper
9. Hoth Rebel Soldier (from the trenches, in preference to a deck officer)
10. Lando
11. Boba Fett
12. Bossk

El Chuxter
07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I know it contradicts my voting, but I'll go with Greedo. Tarkin can be one of the "fill-ins" later.

ESB:

Yoda
Boba Fett
Han Solo (Hoth)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
Princess Leia (Hoth/Bespin Escape)
Bossk
Snowtrooper
Lando Calrissian
Lobot
Bespin Guard
Hoth Rebel Soldier (not the bearded Officer)
C-3PO with removable limbs (I'd still pick this one over ANH, since he could be used in place of an ANH C-3PO)

Snowtrooper
07-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I'll vote for Tarkin

ESB

1. Luke Hoth
2. Luke Bespin
3. Han Hoth
4. Han Bespin
5. Hoth
6. Yoda
7. Lando
8. Boba Fett
9. Snowtrooper
10. Hoth Rebel
11. General Veers
12. IG-88

Bel-Cam Jos
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
What does this mean? I'm totally curious, never heard anyone describe it this way. Is that black coat Han, or Han without coat but before the Carbonite chamber binders cinched his sleeves up, or what?Should've included "jacket" after "long sleeves," as opposed to the vest outfit he often had. That'd be the Kenner named "Bespin Outfit" Han Solo.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-10-2012, 12:35 AM
5. HothThe whole planet? :)

El Chuxter
07-10-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm sure Hoth could fit on a card. :D

Any problem with jumping the gun and voting for AOTC?

Mad Slanted Powers
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Any problem with jumping the gun and voting for AOTC?I'll wait at least a couple more days. In the meantime, here is my ESB list:

Yoda
Lando
Snowtrooper
Bespin Han
Bespin Luke
Hoth Leia
Boba Fett
Lobot
Hoth Rebel (I'm inclined to go with the brown vested one, but either one is fine with me as I feel we need a generic rebel trooper)
Bespin Guard
Luke Hoth
Han Hoth

Mad Slanted Powers
07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
2. Luke Bespin (also works for Dagobah)It would need to have a well done removable jacket. Otherwise, I think you are right.

7. Leia Hoth (could also be used for Bespin Escape, especially if she has a removable vest)She would also need two different heads, and two sets of lower legs, as the boots are totally different.

Princess Leia (Hoth/Bespin Escape)I'll only count this as one or the other at this point, though as mentioned above, it might be possible to make a figure that could be both.

sebillba
07-10-2012, 04:29 AM
It would need to have a well done removable jacket. Otherwise, I think you are right.

I don't think a removable jacket could be done well enough, as it would have to be soft goods, and they couldn't hold the same level of detail at this scale. Unless it was a removable plastic vest part with alternative arms. I really meant that the outfit could cover both displays/play options, as he does wear the jacket for some of the time on Dagobah. It was always good enough for the vintage line (for me, at least) - I probably used my vintage Luke more for Dagobah than Bespin, and I don't think it ever crossed my mind that he shouldn't have the jacket on.

She would also need two different heads, and two sets of lower legs, as the boots are totally different.

Again, I know it's not perfect, but in a play situation it's close enough. The trouble is, the main characters have so many different outfits, some with only minor variations, and we only have 144 slots to fill. But I agree, if we're going for the most accurate representations, then Hoth Leia and Bespin Escape Leia would need to be two separate figures, and people should vote for whichever they think is most essential - I just don't personally see the need for both out of 144 figures.

mtriv73
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
For 12th Figure: Tarkin

TPM:
Anakin
Padme
Battle Droid
Jar Jar
Qui Gon
Obi Wan
Palpatine
Sebulba
Gungan Soldier
Naboo Royal Guard
Darth Maul
Watto

ESB:
Hoth Stormtrooper
Han Hoth
Leia Hoth
Luke Hoth
Han Bespin
Leia Bespin
Luke Bespin
Boba Fett
Lando
Yoda
AT-AT Driver
Hoth Rebel Soldier

JediTricks
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Should've included "jacket" after "long sleeves," as opposed to the vest outfit he often had. That'd be the Kenner named "Bespin Outfit" Han Solo.Ah, that makes a lot more sense. The vest never actually appears in ESB (it's just a play of shadow in the carbonite chamber) so I think it would have held up on its own without mention of the sleeves.

The whole planet? :)Ha! Awesome.

Hoth Rebel (I'm inclined to go with the brown vested one, but either one is fine with me as I feel we need a generic rebel trooper)It always bugged me that these guys don't pull a trigger, they're just set dressing, so I never think of them as soldiers or troopers. Plus, they share Luke's outfit which makes him look less special. That's why I didn't vote for that version.

It would need to have a well done removable jacket. Otherwise, I think you are right.

She would also need two different heads, and two sets of lower legs, as the boots are totally different.

I'll only count this as one or the other at this point, though as mentioned above, it might be possible to make a figure that could be both.Luke with alternate arms and a removable jacket-vest would work well.

You are right about the Leia Hoth/Bespin, she'd also need different hands because on Hoth they're gloved.

El Chuxter
07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm going to entrench myself firmly in the "If there are only 144 figures total in this imaginary line, the differences between Hoth Leia and Bespin Escape Leia are negligible." If need be, give her extra hands and an extra head.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2012, 07:57 PM
*Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
*Darth Vader
*Han Solo (Bespin)
*Princess Leia (Hoth)
*Lando Calrissian
*Yoda
*Boba Fett
*Bossk
*IG-88
*Dengar
*4-LOM
*Zuckuss

Mad Slanted Powers
07-13-2012, 01:05 AM
TPM:

Padme
You didn't specify which one, but if I count it as Tatooine Padmé, she still doesn't make the top 12. Naboo Battle Padmé makes the list without the vote.

ESB:

Leia Bespin
Gown or Bespin Escape? I'll count it as gown if I don't hear otherwise.

My vote for Tarkin or Greedo goes to Tarkin, which leaves the vote at 5-4 in favor of Greedo. I don't think Mr.JabbaJohnL has weighed in, but he voted for Greedo and not Tarkin in the original voting, so that seals the victory for Greedo.

So, here are the top 12 for TPM, which had 6 unanimous choices:

Tied for first - 10 votes
Qui-Gon Jinn
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Battle Droid

Tied for 7th - 8 votes
Padmé Amidala Naboo Battle
Sebulba
Watto

10th - 5 votes
Destroyer Droid

Tied for 11th - 4 votes
Captain Panaka
Senator Palpatine

So, now everyone can submit their top 12 choices for Attack of the Clones.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2012, 02:34 AM
My vote for Tarkin or Greedo goes to Tarkin, which leaves the vote at 5-4 in favor of Greedo. I don't think Mr.JabbaJohnL has weighed in, but he voted for Greedo and not Tarkin in the original voting, so that seals the victory for Greedo.
Oh, oops - I had started a post that specified my choice, left it so that I could better focus on my ESB selections later, and then forgot to include it. Anyway, yeah, I pick Greedo. I'll vote for AOTC soon.

El Chuxter
07-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Count Dooku
Super Battle Droid
Zam Wessel
Jango Fett
Anakin Skywalker
Mace Windu
Padme (Arena)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kit Fisto
Ki-Adi Mundi
Geonosian Warrior
Clonetrooper (ugh, I feel dirty saying that, but I suppose the SOB is necessary)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2012, 10:03 AM
I almost cheated 100% off your paper, Chux.

Count Dooku
Super Battle Droid
Zam Wessel
Jango Fett
Anakin Skywalker (removable cloak & arm :spoiler: )
Taun We
Padme: arena outfit (with removable cape)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
Kit Fisto
Ki-Adi Mundi
Geonosian Warrior
Clonetrooper (Geonosian battle)

bigbarada
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
AOTC:
1. Anakin Skywalker Jedi Outfit
2. Padme Amidalla Arena
3. Count Dooku
4. Yoda
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Jango Fett
7. Zam Wessel
8. Clonetrooper
9. Geonosian Warrior
10. Battle Droid (red)
11. Super Battle Droid
12. Mace Windu

It's getting to the point where I don't think 12 figures is sufficient to adequately represent any of these movies. I don't know if it's going to be possible to boil ROTJ down to only 12 figures (obviously Kenner didn't think so either, which is why they released 17 in the initial ROTJ wave). Are we planning on voting for "wave 2" after this, were we can each choose the second set of 12 figures for each film?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Anakin Skywalker
Padmé Amidala (Arena)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Count Dooku
Yoda
Mace Windu
Clone Trooper
Jango Fett
Kit Fisto
Super Battle Droid
Plo Koon
Ki-Adi-Mundi

sebillba
07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Anakin - Jedi Padawan
Obi-Wan
Padme - Arena
Yoda
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Mace Windu
Kit Fisto
Ki-Adi Mundi
Seasee Tiin
Plo Koon
Clone Trooper

Almost made the list: Geonosian Warrior, Super Battle Droid and Zam Wesell

Mad Slanted Powers
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
It's getting to the point where I don't think 12 figures is sufficient to adequately represent any of these movies. I don't know if it's going to be possible to boil ROTJ down to only 12 figures (obviously Kenner didn't think so either, which is why they released 17 in the initial ROTJ wave). Are we planning on voting for "wave 2" after this, were we can each choose the second set of 12 figures for each film?After we finish with the top 12 from each movie, we will do 12 from each trilogy, followed by four more rounds in which you can choose from any of the six movies.

bigbarada
07-13-2012, 11:12 PM
After we finish with the top 12 from each movie, we will do 12 from each trilogy, followed by four more rounds in which you can choose from any of the six movies.

So, the 12 from each trilogy are in addition to the 12 from each movie? Or are we going to be forced to make even more painful cuts?

If you do 12 total from the OT, then 11 of those are pretty much a lock (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3PO, R2, Vader, Stormtrooper, Lando, Yoda, Ben) with only one slot up for grabs (and that would probably just go to the Emperor or another version of Luke).

Mad Slanted Powers
07-13-2012, 11:54 PM
So, the 12 from each trilogy are in addition to the 12 from each movie? Or are we going to be forced to make even more painful cuts?

If you do 12 total from the OT, then 11 of those are pretty much a lock (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3PO, R2, Vader, Stormtrooper, Lando, Yoda, Ben) with only one slot up for grabs (and that would probably just go to the Emperor or another version of Luke).

No, we are creating a list of 144 figures.

12 from each movie = 72.
12 from each trilogy =24.
4 more rounds of 12 = 48.

72+24+48=144

El Chuxter
07-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I notice I'm not the only one to essentially use AOTC to fill in the Jedi Masters from TPM. :)

Tycho
07-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Anakin padawan
Padme Arena
Obi-Wan E2
Mace
Clone
Jango
Dooku
Super Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Geonosian
Chancellor Palpatine in blue
Captain Typho duty uniform ( So we have one Naboo trooper.)

This is a good list for figures for the kids to play with

Snowtrooper
07-14-2012, 11:50 AM
1. Anakin-Padawan
2. Obi-Wan
3. Padme-Arena
4. Count Dooku
5. Jango Fett
6. Clone Trooper
7. Super Battle Droid
8. Geonosian
9. Captain Typho
10. Mace Windu
11. Ki-Adi Mundi
12. Plo Koon

Mad Slanted Powers
07-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Destroyer Droid
This made the list for TPM, so unless you think there is a different version that should be made, you can give this slot to another figure.

Also, a few have voted for Yoda. He will make the ESB list. If you think that one Yoda could suffice for both OT and PT, then you could put a different figure in his place.

5. Hothi'm going to count this as Hoth Leia, since it seems to be the only main Hoth character you didn't vote for, and there was no other Leia on your list.

sebillba
07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Also, a few have voted for Yoda. He will make the ESB list. If you think that one Yoda could suffice for both OT and PT, then you could put a different figure in his place.

I would want separate OT and PT Yodas - this 26436 is very different to this 26437 ...and it's not just the accessories and tattered robe - OT Yoda looks older, wearier, and more wizened. As far as I'm concerned, he's just as distinct as the different looks of Obi-Wan, and we all seem to be voting for individual figures of him from each film, rather than just one with alternative heads. Plus, we finally got to see Yoda in action in AOTC, in his dual with Dooku - possibly the best scene in the whole film!

Snowtrooper
07-15-2012, 10:59 AM
i'm going to count this as Hoth Leia, since it seems to be the only main Hoth character you didn't vote for, and there was no other Leia on your list.

Yeah, thats what I meant.

Tycho
07-15-2012, 10:18 PM
I'll change my vote for the already-listed Destroyer Droid (a winner from TPM) to Nute Gunray from AOTC.

The overall "commander" of the Droid Army kind of needs to be in the mix and he didn't win from my necessary figures in TPM.

So 11 of my 12 AOTC votes haven't changed.

Anakin padawan
Padme Arena
Obi-Wan E2
Mace
Clone
Jango
Dooku
Super Battle Droid
Nute Gunray
Geonosian
Chancellor Palpatine in blue
Captain Typho duty uniform ( So we have one Naboo trooper.)

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Here are the results for The Empire Strikes Back:

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
Yoda
Lando
Boba Fett

Tied for 4th - 9 Votes
Han Solo - Hoth
Princess Leia - Hoth
Luke Skywalker - Bespin
Snowtrooper

Tied for 8th - 8 Votes
Luke Skywalker - Hoth
Han Solo - Bespin
Hoth Rebel Soldier

Tied for 11th - 4 Votes
Bespin Security Guard
Bossk

I believe most of those voting for Hoth Rebel Soldier specified the ones in the trenches as opposed to the tan vest. Just to be sure, state your preference when you are voting for your top 12 from Return of the Jedi, which is now open for voting.

Tycho
07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I mean for the Hoth Soldier from the trenches.

My ROTJ list:

Han Carbonite (add a camaou trench coat to his accessories)
Luke Jedi (ditto on the poncho and helmet)
Leia Slave
Lando General (add the skiff disguise armor and helmet for unauthentic but possible play)
Wicket
Logray (the spiritual leader of the Ewoks)
Endor Rebel Soldier
Biker Scout
Emperor
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
Weequay (more significantly different than other Jabba thugs like Klatoonians and Niktos, with the Weequay braids)

I hope the direction this poll is going is not at all a "conclusion" where we don't "need" figures like Jocasta Nu or Wuher. My niche in this hobby is a desire to build dioramas and I "need" Nyrat Agira and Garven Dreis.

But it is interesting if you can "express" Star Wars with only 144 figures, etc.

JediTricks
07-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I also meant the Hoth Trench soldier.

ROTJ:

Luke Jedi
Biker Scout
Emperor
Royal Guard (because it's not about what they do in the film, it's what they're suggesting they COULD do, like Boba Fett in ESB before he became a pantomime clown version of himself)
Gamorrean Guard
Weequay
Leia Boushh
Lando Skiff
Endor Rebel Trooper
Leia Endor Battle Fatigues
Han Endor
Wicket
Dead Yoda - KIDDING! :D

El Chuxter
07-23-2012, 01:12 AM
1. Emperor Palpatine
2. Biker Scout
3. Wicket W. Warrick
4. Jedi Luke Skywalker
5. Endor Han Solo
6. Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise
7. Admiral Ackbar
8. Emperor's Royal Guard
9. Bib Fortuna
10. Gamorrean Guard
11. Wedge Antilles (this is where he really shines)
12. Lando Calrissian in Tamtel Skreej Disguise

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2012, 02:13 AM
I hope the direction this poll is going is not at all a "conclusion" where we don't "need" figures like Jocasta Nu or Wuher. My niche in this hobby is a desire to build dioramas and I "need" Nyrat Agira and Garven Dreis.

But it is interesting if you can "express" Star Wars with only 144 figures, etc.The poll is entitled "Essential Characters Poll", so the point is to get the characters that are most essential. That is up to the individual to determine what is essential. For me, I think in terms of when I was a kid playing with them and wanted to act out the movies with the figures. By that reasoning, Nyrat Agira would not likely make my list, though Garven Dreis might. However, I would probably choose Wedge first since he is in all three OT films. Jocasta Nu and Wuher would both be more likely to be chosen than Nyrat Agira or any other Outlander Club patron.

Tycho
07-23-2012, 04:24 AM
With essential as the determinate, I am agreeing with you, as you can tell by my votes and that Nyrat Agira is not likely going to ever come up for my vote for essential.

However, I am not going to buy an ultimate essential version of some character like E2 Obi-Wan or E5 Darth Vader and would more likely stay in the hobby to successfully win a petition for Nyrat Agira.

I just don't want my essential votes to be taken as an admission that this is what the hobby is about for me.

I got Luke Tatooine in 1995 and doubt I will ever purchase the figure again, but would almost do cartwheels if I could pose that '95 Luke in a cantina diorama with a 2013 Tzzvvzzt - in the way I was so excited about getting Hem Dazon, who I'd also not likely vote for as essential (maybe).

That being said, the Naboo Holy Man with no lines in AOTC and never clearly seen, is a purchase I'd make over any figure voted for here, including my own admissions of which characters are essential.

Still I think your poll is a fun exercise. I highly doubt any figure we come up with has not yet been produced by Hasbro.

Don't let the conversation interrupt the voting for 12 ROTJ figures, but people's responses are welcome.

Also, I understand that the essential characters as sold to new kids as they become ready to indulge in the hobby.

I'd simply make figure waves by taking your 6 movie categories, adding CW and EU to the arrangement (with 1 of each, that's 8 figures), then add and change (in revision cases), repeated characters while you add new ones.

Such as:

Case 1...........................Case 2..............................Case 3

Han Cantina...................Luke Hoth..........................Leia Slave
Han Cantina...................Luke Hoth..........................Leia Slave
Chewie..........................Snowtrooper....... ................Wicket
Chewie..........................Snowtrooper....... ................Wicket
R2D2.............................Boba Fett...........................Bikerscout
R2D2.............................Boba Fett...........................Bikerscout
C-3PO............................Lando.............. ..................Gamorrean
C-3PO............................Lando.............. ..................Gamorrean
E1 Obi-Wan....................E1 Obi-Wan........................Qui-Gon
E2 Anakin...................... E2 Anakin...........................Super Battle Droid
E3 Clone trooper..............E3 Clonetrooper..................Generall Grievous
Yuuzhan Vong.................Yuuzhan Vong.....................CW Ahsoka

Case 4...........................Case 5...............................Case 6

Darth Maul......................Jango Fett..........................Padme Senator
Darth Maul......................Jango Fett..........................Padme Senator
Battle Droid.....................Count Dooku......................Cmdr Cody
Batttle Droid....................Count Dooku......................Cmdr Cody
Destroyer Droid................Mace Windu.......................E3 Obi-Wan Kenobi
Destroyer Droid................Mace Windu.......................E3 Obi-Wan Kenobi
JarJar..............................Geonosian..... ....................E3 Anakin
JarJar..............................Geonosian..... ....................E3 Anakin
Luke Tatooine..................Luke Tatooine....................Darth Vader
Han Hoth.........................Han Hoth..........................Yoda
Emperor...........................Emperor......... ...................Lando General
CW Ahsoka......................Zayne Carrick......................Zayne Carrick

Then the next case (7) would come around and include doubles of 4 ANH figures while providing a second shot at Qui-Gon, for example.

So it would take about 12 months to complete any given set from our first round of movie votes, but include something for every movie / era fan and playability with good guys and bad guys in each wave, for the kids.

Eventually, more obscure characters could be 2 per case (in some instances) while repeats of the main core (144 or so) could resurface 1 per case.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2012, 10:55 AM
It can be any/either Hoth Soldier; manipulate my vote as you wish. :evil: :rolleyes:

ROJ:
- Emperor's Royal Guard
- Endor Rebel Soldier
- Wicket (but NOT Wicket W. Warrick! ;) )
- Lando Skiff Guard
- Han in Trench Coat (with Matrix knee bend action! :p )
- Leia as Jabba's Slave prisoner (maybe add removable Boushh gear?)
- Jedi Luke
- Biker Scout
- Adm. Ackbar
- Gamorrean Guard
- Weequay
- Bib Fortuna

* Beedo! (kidding...)

sebillba
07-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Hoth Rebel Soldier from the trenches.

1. Luke Jedi (with jedi cloak, and Endor poncho/helmet)
2. Han Endor (with removable plastic vest/soft goods trench coat and separate carbonite block)
3. Leia in Boushh disguise
4. Lando in skiff guard disguise
5. Emperor Palpatine
6. Admiral Ackbar
7. Bib Fortuna
8. Gamorrean Guard
9. Wicket
10. Biker Scout
11. Endor Rebel Soldier
12. Wedge

Snowtrooper
07-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Hoth Rebel from trenches

ROTJ

1. Luke Jedi
2. Han Endor
3. Leia Endor-Camo outif
4. Emperor Palpatine
5. Lando- Skiff Guard
6. Biker Scout
7. Endor Rebel
8. Admiral Ackbar
9. Bib Fortuna
10. Wicket
11. Emperor's Royal Guard
12. Gamorrean Guard

JediTricks
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
- Leia as Jabba's Slave prisoner (maybe add removable Boushh gear?)I can't see this happening, and there's really no swappable parts to work with either.

1. Luke Jedi (with jedi cloak, and Endor poncho/helmet)
2. Han Endor (with removable plastic vest/soft goods trench coat and separate carbonite block)Luke seems easily doable, but again, this seems like Han Endor is a stretch. It's a different hairstyle, different pants and shirt, no gunbelt. It's not a bad idea, but it seems too much a stretch to ask of a regular figure.

bigbarada
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
ROTJ:

This one is tough to break down, but I'm going to take a page out of Kenner's book for a couple of the figures:

Jedi Luke (Jabba's Palace version with cloak and one gloved hand, exactly like the vintage figure)
Leia Slave Girl (it was a toss up between this and her Boushh disguise, but this is the more iconic outfit, IMO)
Han Endor (make the vest removable so he can fill in for Carbonite Han in a pinch)
Lando Skiff Guard disguise
Wicket
Admiral Ackbar
Gamorrean Guard
Emperor
Biker Scout
Bib Fortuna
Nein Nunb
Logray

Tycho
07-27-2012, 11:31 AM
You're right on, BigB.

I think in a wave, especially of essential characters, you need to have:

heroes and villains (Rebels vs Imperials, or Republic vs Separatists)
aliens - especially from a movie's unique location: Tatooine, Naboo / Pod Race, Hoth / Bespin, Geonosis, Utopau, Jabba's / Endor.
Droids - if and when possible, if they're important like IG-88, not TC-14 or R1-G4 for example. (R2 and 3PO are main characters).
Jedi where applicable.

And balance it out that way for kids to play Star Wars.

That's Jawas, Tuskens, Gungans, Sebulba, Snowtroops, Cloud City personnel, Geonosians, Utai, Gamorreans, and Ewoks. And of course then you get into other specific locations like Kamino, the Galactic Senate, Kashyyyk, the Death Star, and Mustafar.

MSP is going to give us more choices in the later rounds.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2012, 12:21 PM
*Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) - removable Tatooine garb, interchangeable right hand
*Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
*Princess Leia Organa (Jabba's Prisoner)
*Han Solo (Carbonite)
*Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
*Wicket
*Emperor Palpatine
*Admiral Ackbar
*Biker Scout
*Gamorrean Guard
*Bib Fortuna
*Emperor's Royal Guard

JediTricks
07-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Leia Slave Girl (it was a toss up between this and her Boushh disguise, but this is the more iconic outfit, IMO)I had the same thought process, but went with Boushh because it is more fun and versatile as a figure. Plus, sometimes I think the fetishization of slave Leia has gone too far.

bigbarada
08-01-2012, 10:36 PM
I had the same thought process, but went with Boushh because it is more fun and versatile as a figure. Plus, sometimes I think the fetishization of slave Leia has gone too far.

Oh, it definitely goes too far, but that was one of the reasons I thought that a new toy company would focus on that version instead of the Boushh design, which doesn't appear very feminine at all. The Endor outfit is too dull and Leia's Ewok dress is too insignificant to the story.

Also, we already have several versions of Boushh Leia, so people can use those while this new toy company gets around to producing another one. Or are we assuming that this toy company is not only rebooting the line, but coming to our homes and taking all the figures we've already bought? :Par:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Here are my votes for AOTC:

Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé Arena
Clone Trooper
Super Battle Droid
Mace Windu
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Geonosian Warrior
Zam Wessel
Yoda

Of those who have been voting, it looks like JediTricks and mtriv73 still have not voted in the AOTC round, so I will wait a couple days to close the voting on that one and move on to ROTS. For the ROTJ voting, only mtriv73 and myself have not voted. I will vote now, and leave the voting open a couple more days before moving onto the OT poll. My ROTJ votes:

Luke Jedi
Leia Boushh
Leia Slave
Han Carbonite
Gamorrean Guard
Bib Fortuna
Admiral Ackbar
Royal Guard
Emperor Palpatine
Biker Scout
Endor Rebel Soldier
Wicket

Tycho
08-02-2012, 02:25 AM
My ROTS votes:

Bail Organa Senator (Palpatine's speech)
Padme Senator (same scene- she's supposed to be a senator)
Anakin E3
Obi-Wan E3
Kit Fisto
SaeSee Tiin
Utai Soldier
Wookiee warrior
Clone phase II
Cmdr Cody
Grievous ' Bodyguard droid
General Grievous

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2012, 02:54 AM
My ROTS votes:

Padme Senator (same scene- she's supposed to be a senator)
Anakin E3
Obi-Wan E3
Kit Fisto
SaeSee Tiin
Utai Soldier
Wookiee warrior
Clone phase II
Cmdr Cody
General GrievousI actually haven't opened up voting for ROTS. A couple on your list might make the AOTC list.

Tycho
08-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Whoops. It had said - oh " wait a couple of days before I close attack of the clones and move on 2 revenge of the sith. I guess I got excited. Do you want me to delete my votes? I think only the jedi (kit and saeser) stand to be voted on 2 attack of the clones

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Whoops. It had said - oh " wait a couple of days before I close attack of the clones and move on 2 revenge of the sith. I guess I got excited. Do you want me to delete my votes? I think only the jedi (kit and saeser) stand to be voted on 2 attack of the clones

I will just ask you for any substitutes when the time comes, if necessary.

mtriv73
08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Aotc:

Clone trooper
Mace windu
Anakin
Padme geonosis outfit
Jango fett
Smiling kit fisto
Ki adi mundi
Plo koon
Super battle droid
Dooku
Geonosian warrior
Obi wan

Tycho
08-02-2012, 11:50 PM
This Exercise create an interesting guide to what sideshow has done. Any 12 inch collectors here?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-03-2012, 12:35 AM
This Exercise create an interesting guide to what sideshow has done. Any 12 inch collectors here?
The only one from Sideshow that I have is a Lara Croft figure, but I do have several from the Hasbro line. I considered getting the Princess Leia and Ilum Padmé figures from Sideshow.

Tycho
08-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Thing is, as we look at what the essential characters are in MSP's poll thread here, we see SideShow is nearly done with many.

Left from what will probably top 12 essential characters from each movie (for SideShow) are:

ANH:

Chewie
C-3PO
R2D2
Jawa (?)

ESB:

Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Hoth Leia
Hoth Rebel***
Bespin Leia***
Bespin Security (don't think SideShow will go here though)

ROTJ

Leia Slave
Lando Skiff
Lando General***
Wicket
Logray
Bikerscout (I think they made a premium format one only)
Weequay***

TPM

kid Anakin
Padme (how I'd prefer one Hasbro didn't make)
JarJar
Sebulba
Watto
Captain Panaka***
Gungan Warrior
Nute Gunray***
Shmi Skywalker***
Destroyer Droid***

AOTC

Padme (in some outfit other than the Arena for my preference)***
Super Battle Droid
Dooku
Jango (don't think SideShow's done him yet)
Capt. Typho
Geonosian

ROTS

Padme Senator***
General Grievous (hasn't been offered though they've announced him)***
Grievous' Body Guard Droid***
Wookiee Warrior
SaeSee Tiin***
Bail Organa***
Utai Warrior

*** = 12" I'd surely want and buy.

But it looks like SideShow's best market lies in ESB products with the most main hero characters left for them to make (from likely essential characters). I don't think SideShow is going to delve too much into Ree-Yees, etc.

sebillba
08-03-2012, 10:20 AM

I used to buy a lot of 12" figures, and still display and enjoy many of the Hasbro efforts. While they aren't up to the quality of Sideshow, I kind of like their naivety. The only S/S I have are Greedo and Yoda... plus Indiana Jones and a few Planet of the Apes.

JediTricks
08-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Of those who have been voting, it looks like JediTricks and mtriv73 still have not voted in the AOTC round, so I will wait a couple days to close the voting on that one and move on to ROTS. For the ROTJ voting, only mtriv73 and myself have not voted. I will vote now, and leave the voting open a couple more days before moving onto the OT poll. Sorry, first it was Comic-Con recovery and then it was a family emergency which has split my time and I didn't see that there was an AOTC vote going on when I voted last.

My AOTC votes:

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Padme Geonosis (pre-scratch if we have to choose)
Dooku
Jango
Phase I armored Clone Trooper
Super Battle Droid
Mace Windu
Kit Fisto
Geonosian Warrior
Plo Koon
Yoda (I feel dirty having this ugly abomination on my list, but it's vital to the action portion of the film I guess, plus I really had to struggle to fill the last few slots)

Oh, it definitely goes too far, but that was one of the reasons I thought that a new toy company would focus on that version instead of the Boushh design, which doesn't appear very feminine at all. The Endor outfit is too dull and Leia's Ewok dress is too insignificant to the story.

Also, we already have several versions of Boushh Leia, so people can use those while this new toy company gets around to producing another one. Or are we assuming that this toy company is not only rebooting the line, but coming to our homes and taking all the figures we've already bought? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/images/smilies/paranoid.gifIMO, we have to look at this as a total reboot, imagine it as a different line, a full start-over, think of it as a different scale if that helps you imagine what we'd want to see done. That is how I interpreted the opening post of the thread anyway.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Sorry, first it was Comic-Con recovery and then it was a family emergency which has split my time and I didn't see that there was an AOTC vote going on when I voted last.No problem. Things have taken my attention away some as well. Anyway, here are the results of AOTC:

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
Anakin Skywalker
Clone Trooper
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé - Geonosis Arena

Tied for 7th - 9 Votes
Mace Windu
Super Battle Droid

9th Place - 8 Votes
Geonosian Warrior

10th Place - 7 Votes
Ki-Adi-Mundi

11th Place - 6 Votes
Kit Fisto

Tied for 12th Place - 5 Votes
Yoda
Plo Koon

So, before we move on to Revenge of the Sith, we need to have a run-off between Yoda and Plo Koon. Please vote for one of these two.

bigbarada
08-05-2012, 10:56 PM
So, before we move on to Revenge of the Sith, we need to have a run-off between Yoda and Plo Koon. Please vote for one of these two.

Yoda, without a doubt.

Tycho
08-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Plo Koon.

I voted for Yoda as an ESB figure. Including his lightsaber and perhaps 2 variations on his Jedi robes (PT clean and OT raggedy) would suffice for me.

The difference between 874 year-old Yoda and 900 year-old Yoda is too minute for me to worry about.

My vote is for Plo Koon.

sebillba
08-06-2012, 07:35 AM

Yoda for me. I voted for both, but Yoda is my favourite character in the whole saga, and he has some pivotal scenes in AOTC. Plus, probably because of Hasbro's original releases, I tend to think of Plo pairing up with Saesee Tiin, so I'll wait for the next round and vote for them together (assuming he doesn't make it through this time).

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2012, 09:48 PM
My vote for Yoda, it is. :enoughcharacters:

JediTricks
08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
So, before we move on to Revenge of the Sith, we need to have a run-off between Yoda and Plo Koon. Please vote for one of these two.Plo Koon. He looks more interesting than prequel Yoda, who just bugs me on every level.

mtriv73
08-07-2012, 05:47 PM

I'm much taller than that.

mtriv73
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Plo Koon

And if it isn't too late my ROTJ votes are:

1. Luke Jedi Knight with removable poncho and helmet for endor
2. Leia Slave
3. Gamorean Guard
4. Scout Trooper
5. Wicket
6. Emperor Palpatine
7. Leia Endor
8. Han Endor
9. Royal Guard
10. Yarna...just kidding Malakili... gotcha again Bib Fortuna (seriously this time.)
11. Lando General
12. Nien Numb

mtriv73
08-07-2012, 06:11 PM
What the heck as long as I'm here and thinking about it, my ROTS votes are: This one was tough. There are a few obvious (for me)choices, we need a few Jedi (preferably ones that haven't won previously,) since their deaths at the end of the movie really seal the deal for Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and I hate to say it, but you need different clones for different scenes. It pains me to use 3 choices on clones but it could have just as easily been 8 or 9.

1. General Grievous
2. Darth Sidious
3. Anakin Jedi preferably with a swapable head giving us Sith Eyes
4. 501st trooper
5. Obi Wan
6. Padme with baby bump
7. Shock Trooper
8. Aayla Secura
9. Bail Organa
10. 212th attack battalion clone
11. Eeth Koth
12. Shaak Ti

and if a moderator wants to make these 3 posts into one, I'm absolutely fine with that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2012, 08:12 PM
As for Yoda or Plo Koon - I think I'll go with Plo. Yoda does look different every time we see him, even if only somewhat (the space between his nose and mouth is way too stretchy in AOTC; it's much better in ROTS and TPM Blu-ray/3D), but I don't know if these differences would be that noticeable in such a small scale, especially if he has different robes. Still, since we're already getting an ESB Yoda, I guess Plo wins. (It's reasons like these that I prefer to have 2000+ figures rather than just 144. :p ).

Snowtrooper
08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Plo for me as well. I think, visually, he's more interesting than Yoda, even though he doesn't say anything.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Looks like there are five votes for Plo Koon, so even if the final two who haven't chimed in (me and Chux) vote for Yoda, the best Yoda can manage is a tie. So, since we already have a Yoda figure, I'll give the tie-breaker to Plo Koon (even though I was going to vote for Yoda in the run-off). You can still vote for a prequel Yoda in the ROTS round if you want, though.

So, you can now vote for your top 12 ROTS figures. Tycho, you will have to repost your list with a replacement for Kit Fisto. The list mtriv73 posted is fine, so no need for reposting that. I'll post ROTJ results tonight, and after that will open up voting for the all-OT round.

bigbarada
08-12-2012, 02:59 PM
ROTS

1. Anakin
2. Obi-Wan
3. Palpatine Senate Duel
4. Mustafar Padme
5. Shocktrooper
6. General Grievous
7. Commander Cody
8. Commander Gree
9. Tarfull
10. Wookiee Warrior
11. Utapau Clonetrooper
12. 501st Clonetrooper

JediTricks
08-12-2012, 03:21 PM
So we're sticking with the "different alien face but same name so it's Kit Fisto" argument?

Here's my ROTS list, it's not... good. I really had to struggle to fill these slots:

Anakin
Emperor Palpatine Senate Duel (meltyface)
Chancellor Palpatine Jedi Duel (non-meltyface)
Phase 2 Clone Trooper
General Grievous
Cmdr Cody
Cmdr Bly
Obi-Wan
Grievous Bodyguard Droid
Bail Organa
Galactic Marine
Yoda (look, prequel Yoda is different, of this there should be no doubt, and here he's part of a big action scene so I guess that's good enough to warrant inclusion even though you'd have to pay me to take one.)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-12-2012, 03:24 PM
ROTS:
1. Gen. Grievous
2. Comm. Cody
3. Anakin Skywalker (ROTS robes)
4. Padme (Mustafar)
5. Darth Sidious (lightsaber)
6. Clone Trooper (red trim) - is this one the Shock Trooper?
7. Tarfull
8. Obi-Wan (ROTS robes)
9. Sen. Bail Organa (battle outfit with cape)
10.Aayla Secura
11.Clone Scout (camouflage trim)
12.Anakin/Vader (battle damage, removable armor)

El Chuxter
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm voting for Plo, since he's not already confirmed in an earlier poll. Prequel Yoda is an abomination, but not so distinctly different from the real Yoda that you couldn't just toss in a lightsaber.

I feel a little dirty even voting in an ROTS round, but here it goes:

1. General Grievous
2. Saesee Tiin
3. Shaak Ti
4. Aayla Secura
5. IG Magnaguard
6. Bail Organa
7. Agen Kolar
8. General Tarfull
9. Cin Drallig (Y'know what? I don't care that he hasn't been made yet. He's cooler than any other possibility from this mess of a movie.)
10. Palpatine (red robes)
11. Anakin Vader
And, only because I feel compelled to:
12. 501st Clonetrooper

(Can there be a running change with all the rainbow Clonetroopers, or at least the three that actually appear?)

(Also, couldn't ROTS Obi-Wan be an extra head with AOTC Obi-Wan? I don't see any minor differences in their robes this time, just a bad haircut somewhere between the movies.)

Tycho
08-12-2012, 03:51 PM
My ROTS votes:

Padme Senator (same "1st Galactic Empire" scene- she's supposed to be a senator)
Anakin E3
Obi-Wan E3
SaeSee Tiin
Utai Soldier
Wookiee warrior
Clone phase II
Cmdr Cody
General Grievous
Nute Gunray (this'll have to be a ROTS version, I guess. Still trying to get the most recognizeable Separatist leader)

Nute replaces Kit Fisto from the previous time I voted for ROTS.

I started a polling thread for essential Expanded Universe (REALISTIC), here. MSP said he wasn't planning on polling for that. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/46128-Essential-Expanded-Universe-And-Beyond-(What-Characters-to-Have-Who-to-Make-))

Note the above is for realisitc figures but has a link to choose animated figures for essential REMAINING Clone Wars figures (in the animated style) that I polled for separately - that's where you get your Riff Tamsen and Trandoshan Hunter figure votes in.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2012, 07:13 PM
So we're sticking with the "different alien face but same name so it's Kit Fisto" argument?You can vote for another Kit Fisto if you want. I'd be happy with either version. The AOTC version is good for the arena, and the ROTS version is necessary for the showdown in Palpatine's office. If I was a kid, any version would do if I wanted to act out the ROTS scene. Including extra hands and a head might give us both in one package.

(Can there be a running change with all the rainbow Clonetroopers, or at least the three that actually appear?)That is kind of my thought on the clones. With AOTC it would be easier to do the running change or multiple versions because there are just the plain, red, blue, yellow and green. ROTS has all the different colored ones, plus commanders with different helmets or armor styles. I'll just see how the votes turn out.

(Also, couldn't ROTS Obi-Wan be an extra head with AOTC Obi-Wan? I don't see any minor differences in their robes this time, just a bad haircut somewhere between the movies.)I'd have to see the movie again to see the difference, but just looking at the figures, it appears that his pants were a lighter color in AOTC. I'll leave it up to the voters as to whether they want a separate version for ROTS or not.

Here are the results of ROTJ, and we will have to have another run-off:

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
Luke Jedi
Wicket
Biker Scout
Gamorrean Guard

Tied for 5th - 9 Votes
Emperor
Bib Fortuna

7th Place - 8 Votes
Lando Skiff Guard

Tied for 8th - 7 Votes
Han Endor
Admiral Ackbar
Royal Guard

11th Place - 6 Votes
Leia Slave

Tied for 12th - 5 votes
Endor Rebel Soldier
Leia Boushh

So, let me know which figure you would like between Endor Rebel Soldier and Leia Boushh.

El Chuxter
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
A little surprised that Slave Leia beat Boushh Leia, but my vote in the runoff goes to Boushh, no contest.

Tycho
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm going with the Endor Rebel Soldier.

Army building for the final OT ground war is critical.

Later I will have an opportunity to vote for Leia Endor.

In ROTJ, Princess Leia has the most costume changes and various kinds of action scenes (Boussh, Slave, Endor - I'm not counting Ewok Princess since it's not a key scene).

In ANH she has 2 costumes, and in ESB, 3 (although Hoth and Bespin Escape are just variations of one another really).

I think the Ultimate Leia Slave figure would come with:

a) Boussh Helmet
b) over-the-shoulders attachable chest armor (similar to General Veers)
c) soft-goods cloak with cape and breathing tank - the cloak would cover her bare arms and much of her legs
d) Boussh's long rifle

It would not be perfect and alternate legs begs the question, "Why not just go with another figure?"

But I'd go with Leia Slave and later Leia Endor over Leia Boussh, as mush as I think the disguise figures are fun.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
*Anakin Skywalker
*Obi-Wan Kenobi
*Padmé Amidala (green robes from rumination scene)
*General Grievous
*Yoda
*Darth Sidious (Yoda duel)
*Clone Commander Cody
*501st Clone Trooper
*Aayla Secura
*Saesee Tiin
*Magnaguard
*Bail Organa (any costume)

(Also, couldn't ROTS Obi-Wan be an extra head with AOTC Obi-Wan? I don't see any minor differences in their robes this time, just a bad haircut somewhere between the movies.)
No - the lower robes are a bit longer in ROTS, but the main difference is that the undershirt is dark brown in ROTS while it was white in AOTC.

For the ROTJ runoff, I'll go with Leia Boushh.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Run off with your Rebel Soldier bad self! :tiebreaker:

sebillba
08-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Tie breaker: Boushh. Whilst I wouldn't really need two Leias in the same wave, I'd prefer this one over Slave Leia, and Boushh could also be used as cool-looking bounty hunter character.

ROTS:

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Yoda
Saesee Tiin
Palpatine - red robes
Grievous
Magnaguard
Tarfull
Wookiee Warrior
Cody
Gree
Shock Trooper

mtriv73
08-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Rebel soldier

bigbarada
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Boushh Leia. She barely missed the cut in my first list.

I don't think it's possible to have one figure that can be used for both Boushh Leia and Slave Leia.

Snowtrooper
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
ROTS

1. Anakin
2. Obi-Wan
3. Palpatine-Senate Duel
4. Gen. Greivous
5. Magnaguard
6. Clone Trooper
7. Cmd. Cody
8. Wookie Warrior
9. Bail Organa
10. Shock Trooper
11. Galactic Marine
12. Kashhyyk Trooper

I'll cast my vote for Boushh as well.

El Chuxter
08-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Off-topic, but I wonder why there's not been more "Slave Leia with one or two pieces of the Boushh costume as accessories" throughout SW licensing (or fan art). Slave Leia with the cape, holding the rifle and helmet seems a no-brainer.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
It can be any/either Hoth Soldier; manipulate my vote as you wish. :evil: :rolleyes:

ROJ:
- Emperor's Royal Guard
- Endor Rebel Soldier
- Wicket (but NOT Wicket W. Warrick! ;) )
- Lando Skiff Guard
- Han in Trench Coat (with Matrix knee bend action! :p )
- Leia as Jabba's Slave prisoner (maybe add removable Boushh gear?)
- Jedi Luke
- Biker Scout
- Adm. Ackbar
- Gamorrean Guard
- Weequay
- Bib Fortuna

* Beedo! (kidding...)Hmm... I wonder if anyone recommended that Leia/Boushh idea in this thread before...

El Chuxter
08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but you mentioning it on a forum is a bit different from some trading card with the image, or a statue, or something.

Maybe there's been something like that, but I'm coming up with zilch.

JediTricks
08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
You can vote for another Kit Fisto if you want. I'd be happy with either version. The AOTC version is good for the arena, and the ROTS version is necessary for the showdown in Palpatine's office. If I was a kid, any version would do if I wanted to act out the ROTS scene. Including extra hands and a head might give us both in one package.Oh, I thought you were killing it by telling Tycho to repost his ROTS list without Kit Fisto. Personally I think ROTS Kit Fisto is ugly and weird and I don't want one, but it definitely looks different enough to warrant being recognized as different, unless you want to do this extra head/hands thing. I don't like stretching that idea myself tho', then you get into this "well why wouldn't they pack all of Han's looks into 1 figure" argument that is never going to happen from a business perspective.

So, let me know which figure you would like between Endor Rebel Soldier and Leia Boushh.LEIA BOUSHH, sorry Endor Rebel but you guys just didn't do enough in the film to warrant it over Leia Boushh.

A little surprised that Slave Leia beat Boushh LeiaAs was I.

Off-topic, but I wonder why there's not been more "Slave Leia with one or two pieces of the Boushh costume as accessories" throughout SW licensing (or fan art). Slave Leia with the cape, holding the rifle and helmet seems a no-brainer.I doubt Lucasfilm wants people to think about how Leia went from bounty hunter disguise to slave outfit, it's a bit grotesque to realize our heroine was forced to disrobe and put on a fetish outfit to humiliate her and please Jabba. Even the most chaste possible outcome to that thought process ends in something intensely unpleasant - in our world that's a definite sexual assault charge at the very least.

bigbarada
08-16-2012, 01:18 AM
I doubt Lucasfilm wants people to think about how Leia went from bounty hunter disguise to slave outfit, it's a bit grotesque to realize our heroine was forced to disrobe and put on a fetish outfit to humiliate her and please Jabba. Even the most chaste possible outcome to that thought process ends in something intensely unpleasant - in our world that's a definite sexual assault charge at the very least.

Yeah, especially since Jabba's henchmen would not be the least bit concerned with Leia's privacy or sense of dignity during the whole process. It's best to just not push people's minds in that direction.

Tycho
08-16-2012, 01:49 AM
It was tastefully described in the tales from jabba's palace. Leia was thrown into the rooms with all the other dancing girls of some of which were slaves. They provided her with the costume and strongly suggested she goes along with it. They'd seen Oola killed. Then Leia was given to boba fett for a reward to him. But Fett had been taught to be respectful and did not harass her. Leia actually tried to hire him to rescue Han but he refused. He would not cross jabba and he was expecting luke

El Chuxter
08-16-2012, 02:41 AM
That was the beginning of the end for Boba Fett as a character. I'm glad Lucas sorta undid it with the "ladies man Fett" in ROTJ:SE. Not that I want the characters to be sleazy and disturbing, but Boba Fett is, well, sleazy and disturbing.

JediTricks
08-16-2012, 03:18 AM
It was tastefully described in the tales from jabba's palace. Leia was thrown into the rooms with all the other dancing girls of some of which were slaves. They provided her with the costume and strongly suggested she goes along with it. They'd seen Oola killed. Then Leia was given to boba fett for a reward to him. But Fett had been taught to be respectful and did not harass her. Leia actually tried to hire him to rescue Han but he refused. He would not cross jabba and he was expecting lukeYou are mistaken, it is not tasteful. Tales from Jabba's Palace:

Two of the Gamorrean guards took Leia's arms and led her forward toward the throne.
"We have powerful friends," she said as they shoved her up on Jabba's dais. "You're going to regret this."
"I'm sure," Jabba said. He pressed his lips close to her and extended his tongue, and Max wondered if he intended to eat her.
"Play," Jabba commanded.
Max dropped his cup and scrambled toward his organ.
As the band launched into "Ode to a Radioactive Ruin," two dancing girls stripped off Leia's clothes and gave her a skimpy gold outfit to wear.
She's not in another room, she's in the main hall. She's not given a choice, she's stripped in front of everyone and given the bikini as her only choice.

Also, the part about Boba Fett being given Leia is not from Tales from Jabba's Palace, it's from Tales of the Bounty Hunters which added that "gift to Boba" as a retcon.

Tycho
08-16-2012, 10:57 PM
I stand corrected. It's been a while since I read those (not my favorite EU stories as it's obvious why).

Thank you for the excerpts.

Meanwhile, that disturbing enough for you Chux?

I don't like that happening to Leia.

Maybe Shannon Dougherty would deserve it and Avril Lavigne could handle it. But not my childhood Princess.

That being said, I just need to grow up and handle it. That's how the world works.

But if that's the case, why didn't Jabba have her dance completely naked?

I guess it was a cabaret show.

But I do like the angle of Leia being "given" to Boba Fett for 2 reasons:

1) it's safe since Fett behaves honorably and kind to her, even though that wasn't Jabba's intention at all of course
2) it shows that Jabba was a base as he was supposed to be, and forced the rape of his female slaves like Oola

That latter point is just added "adult" realism so that Star Wars goes beyond what we as kids could understand (but denied to ourselves if we ever did suspect it).

Interesting discussion.

El Chuxter
08-16-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't have a problem with Fett taking a high ground (comparatively) and saying something like "Not interested" or "You're not my type" or "I'm not into that sort of forcible thing." He could've even calmly put a stop to it by saying something like, "Okay, boys, that's enough." But to give a hackneyed speech about how premarital nookie is wrong was ridiculously inconsistent with the character as he was portrayed before and since.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-20-2012, 01:45 AM
So, it looks like Leia Boushh leads 6-3, so my vote won't make a difference (I was going to vote for Leia).

So, now that the three OT movie polls are complete, we can move on to the next round in which you can select 12 figures from any of the OT movies. Here is a reminder of what has made the list so far:

A New Hope
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Greedo
Han Solo
Jawa
Luke Skywalker - Tatooine
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia
R2-D2
Stormtrooper
Tusken Raider

The Empire Strikes Back
Bespin Guard
Boba Fett
Bossk
Han Solo - Bespin
Han Solo - Hoth
Hoth Rebel Soldier - trenches
Lando Calrissian
Leia - Hoth
Luke Skywalker - Bespin
Luke Skywalker - Hoth
Snowtrooper
Yoda

Return of the Jedi
Admiral Ackbar
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout
Emperor
Gamorrean Guard
Han Solo - Endor
Lando - Skiff Guard Disguise
Leia - Boushh Disguise
Leia - Jabba's Slave
Luke Skywalker - Jedi
Royal Guard
Wicket

So, you can now submit your votes for the next 12 OT figures you think should be on the list.

Tycho
08-20-2012, 06:05 AM
1) TIE Pilot
2) Luke X-wing
3) Grand Moff Tarkin
4) Ponda Baba

5) IG-88 (the OT line needs more varrying droids, the IG's even fought during the prequels - though diff. models)
6) Death Star Trooper (Imperial Naval Trooper)
7) General Veers
8) Ugnaught (continues establishing Bespin - ESB's only populated exotic world)

(dang the AT-AT Driver and Wedge are close-runners-up! - but there's no vehicles described as being made in MSP's new toy line and if push came to shove, Snowtroopers could drive the AT-AT.)

9) Endor Rebel Solider (a troop builder and Han needs a unit to command)

10) Logray (the Ewoks need their leader who's even a fighter in ROTJ)

11) Weequay (Jabba's needs more scum and villainy and there were many Weequays and Niktos - but more Weequays - and sorry BigB, not as many Klatoonians)

12) Leia Endor (I guess this line will have 3 Leias. I wouldn't have voted 2 from Tatooine right off the bat, but it's done... and Leia during the forrest battle is important)

Han Carbonite and Lando General were very close runners-up. The Han Carbonite should have been done with a removeable black vest and a packed-in trench coat. I think a frozen Han is very important to the OT plot and his character's adventure, but we have a Han Endor already on the list, so twice is redundant. Lando's just got a cool outfit and he commands the mission that destroyed the 2nd Death Star. But I guess he can fly in his skiff guard outfit. He had to when they left Tatooine anyway.

OTHER VOTERS, please note, I don't mean to set a precedent by voting for 4 from each movie. I just wanted to vote that way and found important figures to include. I think you can vote for all 12 being from one movie, or any other which way you wanted.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-20-2012, 09:36 AM
OTHER VOTERS, please note, I don't mean to set a precedent by voting for 4 from each movie. I just wanted to vote that way and found important figures to include. I think you can vote for all 12 being from one movie, or any other which way you wanted.This is correct.

Snowtrooper
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
1. Darth Vader
2. C3P0
3. R2-D2
4. Stormtrooper
5. Chewbacca
6. Han-Bespin
7. Emperor
8. Luke-Bespin
9. Boba Fett
10. Leia-Hoth
11. Wicket
12. Lando Calrissian-ESB

bigbarada
08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
1. Darth Vader
2. C3P0
3. R2-D2
4. Stormtrooper
5. Chewbacca
6. Han-Bespin
7. Emperor
8. Luke-Bespin
9. Boba Fett
10. Leia-Hoth
11. Wicket
12. Lando Calrissian-ESB

We're not voting for 12 figures from MSP's OT list, we are voting for 12 figures in addition to the 36 figures MSP posted above.

My 12 in no particular order:
1. X-Wing Luke (who can stand in for every Rebel Pilot just like in the vintage days)
2. TIE Fighter Pilot
3. Leia Endor
4. Ponda Baba
5. Imperial Officer (a generic one that can stand in for all the grey-suited Imperials in the films)
6. Weequay
7. Squidhead
8. Ree-Yees
9. Paploo
10. Logray
11. Nein Nunb
12. Lando General

Tycho, there were actually more Niktos in Jabba's employ than Weequays. 4 Niktos (Nysad, Vizam, Vedain, Vintage Nikto), verses only 3 Weequays. Although those numbers are up for interpretation. If we count Lathe as a separate character from Nysad, then we get 5 Niktos. Adding in the Special Edition gives us 4 Weequays. So if anything, they are about the same. Unless we also count the Green Niktos as well as the Red Niktos, then we get 8-9 Niktos versus only 4 Weequays; but I'd rather not, because I think the whole green/red Nikto thing is lame. If we are only counting Niktos and Weequays that were visible during the Skiff battle, then we get 4 Red Niktos and only 3 Weequays.

Either way, I voted for Weequay because he's standing right behind Luke just before Luke gets tossed off the Skiff, so he's the most prominent. As much as I like Kithaba and Barada, I just can't justify them in a poll like this.

Tycho
08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
BigB, Thanks for clearing up snowtrooper's mistake. I debated saying something but I didn't want to overstep my boundaries since this is mad planet powers' arena to administrate. But he's probably working like I should be.

Yeah the directions are to choose 12 original trilogy figures that are not on mad slanted powers list of 36 that we voted for already.

Meanwhile I just think weequays look cooler than niktos if I could only choose 1

El Chuxter
08-20-2012, 02:59 PM
1. Grand Moff Tarkin
2. Dr. Evazan
3. IG-88
4. Nien Nunb
5. Princess Leia: Endor Fatigues
6. Teebo (tough to limit to one Ewok, but he's the next coolest-looking)
7. Figrin D'an
8. 2-1B
9. Dengar
10. Ponda Baba
11. Zuckuss
12. 4-LOM

Seems odd to me that ESB has fewer possible figures that seem necessary, yet, even with guys like Tarkin and Evazan and the Ewoks not on the list, the ones that are must-haves really are must-haves and I wound up with more from ESB than the other movies. And I only picked three from ROTJ, though it has far more possibilities than the other two (perhaps even put together).

Snowtrooper
08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Sorry bout that guys. I looked without reading closely and made the wrong assumption. Here's my corrected list.

1. Tarkin
2. Luke X-Wing
3. Captain Piet-This could count as a vote for Imperial Officer if need be. As BigB pointed out, he could stand in for any imperial officer.
4. Ponda Baba
5. IG-88
6. Dengar
7. Rebel Fleet Trooper
8. TIE Pilot
9. AT-AT Driver
10. General Veers-AT-AT cockpit
11. Luke-Endor
12. Death Star Trooper

Tycho
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Seems odd to me that ESB has fewer possible figures that seem necessary, yet, even with guys like Tarkin and Evazan and the Ewoks not on the list, the ones that are must-haves really are must-haves and I wound up with more from ESB than the other movies. And I only picked three from ROTJ, though it has far more possibilities than the other two (perhaps even put together).

That's because a lot of people want to complete the bounty hunters.

In theory, and the EU, they can be interesting. They're outside the law and all have specialized skills, plus they're aliens (most of 'em).

But I'm not one of those going for ALL the bounty hunters.

In the movie, none of them except Boba Fett does anything. There are a lot more characters, including other aliens, that actually DO something or if you forego some of the hunters, you're left with other figures that can set the stage for other SW environments.

Now some people's favorite thing are the bounty hunters. And that's cool.

I voted for IG-88 besides Fett. IG is a Droid and so few of them are making our list (the Gonk Power Droid is on my shortlist for the "environment figure" as it fits in everywhere - but IG-88 is more interesting as a hunter). And Boba Fett does need competition, and it looks like he had to fight IG-88 off-camera during ESB, because IG's parts are in the Bespin smelting room when Chewie rescues Threepio. On top of that, Mandalorian-armored Clones versus the war droids is central to the prequel trilogy, and there's not too much difference between IG-88 and IG-86.

Now if Bossk hadn't already made the list from a lot of other people's votes, I might have prioritized him over the Ugnaught - but I like the idea of wild variances in shape and sizes of my SW characters. (Too bad Jabba The Hutt doesn't qualify as a "figure" for this poll). Anyway, the Ugnaught sets the stage for Bespin like the aliens for the cantina and the Ewoks for Endor, the Jawas (and Tuskens) for Tatooine and the skiff guards for Jabba's. That's the same thing like the Gungans, Podracers, Senators, Kaminoans, Geonosians, Utai, P'auns, Polis Massi, Mustafarians, and the miners. Kind of have to have them to recreate play where your intention is for the action to take place.

Anyway, after all my explaining and dialogue, I'll repost my list so it's clear:

1) TIE Pilot
2) Luke X-wing
3) Grand Moff Tarkin
4) Ponda Baba
5) IG-88
6) Death Star Trooper
7) General Veers
8) Ugnaught
9) Endor Rebel Solider
10) Logray
11) Weequay
12) Leia Endor

JediTricks
08-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Alphabetical list:

2-1B
Endor Rebel Trooper
IG-88
Imperial Officer
Leia Bespin Escape
Luke Snowspeeder
Luke X-wing
Power Droid
TIE Pilot
Tarkin
Weequay

So, 8 of those are stuff from my previous votes that didn't win. I found voting for 12 figures out of the entirety of the OT more difficult than just going with 12 from a single movie.

Also, the Imp Officer beat out the Rebel Fleet Trooper on my list mainly because the Rebels are so visually boring compared to the Imps, you put an Imp Officer in front of a squad of Stormies and you've got a sweet display, you put General Dodonna in front of a squad of RFTs and you've got yourself a laughingstock.

sebillba
08-21-2012, 04:28 PM
1. Ponda Baba
2. Dr Evazan
3. Figrin D'an
4. Tarkin
5. Wedge (X-Wing Pilot)
6. Ugnaught
7. Zuckuss
8. Leia - Bespin gown
9. 2-1B
10. Nien Nunb
11. Logray
12. Tessek (aka Squidhead)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Here are my votes for ROTS:

Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Bail Organa
Commander Cody
General Grievous
Magnaguard
Padmé - Mustafar
Palpatine - Jedi Duel
501st Trooper
Shock Trooper
Agan Kolar
Yoda

So, here are the results for the ROTS poll:

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
Anakin Skywalker
General Grievous

3rd Place - 9 Votes
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tied for 4th - 8 Votes
Bail Organa
Commander Cody

6th Place - 7 Votes
Magnaguard

7th Place - 6 Votes
Palpatine - Senate Duel

Tied for 8th - 5 Votes
501st Trooper
Shock Trooper
Saesee Tiin

Tied for 11th - 4 Votes
Aayla Secura
Padmé - Mustafar
Palpatine - Jedi Duel
Tarfful
Wookie Warrior
Yoda

So, we have 6 figures tied for the final two spots. We shall attempt a run-off.

Vote for TWO (2) of the following figures:

Aayla Secura
Padmé - Mustafar
Palpatine - Jedi Duel
Tarfful
Wookie Warrior
Yoda

bigbarada
08-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Tarfful
Wookiee Warrior

El Chuxter
08-23-2012, 12:13 AM
You mean that two Palpatines made the list? :chargrined:

For the runoff, Tarfull and Aayla, no contest.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2012, 12:18 AM
You mean that two Palpatines made the list? :chargrined:Only 1 so far.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2012, 12:43 AM
You mean that two Palpatines made the list? :chargrined:

For the runoff, Tarfull and Aayla, no contest.I think that Chux includes all 6 of the films (didn't our ROJ have Palpy?).

I also concur by agreeing with the same two, too: Mr. Tarfull and Ms. Secura.

El Chuxter
08-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I meant, counting the runoff, there were two ROTS Palpatines.

AKA two crappy rubber masks.

Snowtrooper
08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Put me down for Tarfull and Palpatine-Jedi Duel.

JediTricks
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Yoda and Palpatine, they're more important to the story and they have long action sequences, and they look considerably different from their other figures' appearances that have so far made the list.

El Chuxter
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM
And their action scenes are both corny and pedestrian.

A-ha! Can't dispute that, can you, Farnsworth? :p

JediTricks
08-23-2012, 04:28 PM
And their action scenes are both corny and pedestrian.

A-ha! Can't dispute that, can you, Farnsworth? :pCorny yes, pedestrian? That's another story. The prequels aren't terribly good, so what metric can you judge any of this by? The Wookiee scenes are entirely pointless, Aayla doesn't do anything important, and Padme is a very boring character in the film with no action scenes - she's just an object to set things in motion, so out of my limited choices I stick with the ones that best serve the story and the need for action figure toys that are exciting. In any case, you can say they're generic action scenes, they have a unique flavor - like tobacco and clam ice cream. (points to anybody who gets that reference)

El Chuxter
08-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Aayla and the Wookiees look cool. Yoda and Palpatine, well, yeah, but not so different from any other look they've sported that I'd feel at this point it's necessary to have them, especially in a hypothetical line of only 144 figures.

JediTricks
08-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Aayla and the Wookiees look cool. Yoda and Palpatine, well, yeah, but not so different from any other look they've sported that I'd feel at this point it's necessary to have them, especially in a hypothetical line of only 144 figures.Prequel Yoda and Palps look different from OT versions, this thread does not have prequel versions of either character as they looked in the majority of the PT, the Palpatine that did make this list - Palpatine Senate Duel - is post-meltyface. Meanwhile, you know what else looks cool in Star Wars? 75% of everything at least. Not everything can make this list though.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Not to add another list (LISTS... :drool: ), but the OT Kenner line didn't really have all that many repeat figures in the line:

LUKE SKYWALKER
(Farmboy, X-Wing, Bespin, Hoth, Jedi, Endor, Stormtrooper)
HAN SOLO
(Vest, Bespin, Hoth, Trench Coat, Carbonite)
PRINCESS LEIA
(White, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Boushh)
SEE-THREEPIO
(Together, Apart)
ARTOO-DEETOO
(No Stuff, Sensor Scope, Lightsaber)
LANDO CALRISSIAN
(Bespin, Skiff, General)
BESPIN GUARD
(Person of No Color, Person of Color)
SNAGGLETOOTH
(Correct, Wrong)
KLAATU
(Skiff, Palace)

So, having just one of a character isn't so bad. Especially for the "first 144," which assumes later figures.

El Chuxter
08-23-2012, 11:50 PM
I dunno; maybe I'm taking a different approach, thinking "With 144 figures, sacrifices have to be made." Making lots of scene-specific figures that are accurate will deprive a lot of potential figures from making the cut, and similar figures should be consolidated even if the result isn't 100% accurate.

Also, I try to ignore that the Senate duel happened. Aside from Yoda basically pimp-slapping the Royal Guards with the Force, it was ridiculous.

sebillba
08-24-2012, 03:17 AM
As much as I love the wookiees, and almost voted for both in the tie breaker, I would really want a prequel Yoda, so....

Yoda and Tarfful

JediTricks
08-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Not to add another list (LISTS... :drool: ), but the OT Kenner line didn't really have all that many repeat figures in the line:

LUKE SKYWALKER
(Farmboy, X-Wing, Bespin, Hoth, Jedi, Endor, Stormtrooper)
HAN SOLO
(Vest, Bespin, Hoth, Trench Coat, Carbonite)
PRINCESS LEIA
(White, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Boushh)
SEE-THREEPIO
(Together, Apart)
ARTOO-DEETOO
(No Stuff, Sensor Scope, Lightsaber)
LANDO CALRISSIAN
(Bespin, Skiff, General)
BESPIN GUARD
(Person of No Color, Person of Color)
SNAGGLETOOTH
(Correct, Wrong)
KLAATU
(Skiff, Palace)

So, having just one of a character isn't so bad. Especially for the "first 144," which assumes later figures.But it's not the same character in a lot of ways, before he melted his face he's Senator/Chancellor/Super Secret Sith Palpatine, and once his face is melted he's Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine.

I dunno; maybe I'm taking a different approach, thinking "With 144 figures, sacrifices have to be made." Making lots of scene-specific figures that are accurate will deprive a lot of potential figures from making the cut, and similar figures should be consolidated even if the result isn't 100% accurate.

Also, I try to ignore that the Senate duel happened. Aside from Yoda basically pimp-slapping the Royal Guards with the Force, it was ridiculous.Once seen, it cannot be unseen... without ECT anyway, ask Carrie Fisher. While I'd like to pretend the prequels in general never happened, we're creating a line for the sources we have, not the sources we'd like to have.

Tycho
08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I've been organizing our results into case breakdowns and a plan to release 144 figures.

In year 1, we'd have 41 figures, including one of the only cases of 12 new figures to start it off. I haven't had plans that made sense yet to re-release another.

Anyway, I took 2 figures from each of the 6 movies and made a case of 12. In later waves, I repeat an older figure and put in one new one, so there's 6 new figures per wave.

Here's how it's going. First-time release figures are regular print. Repeats are itallic. What do you think?

Case 1 (Jan/Feb)

Han Solo (ANH vest)
Chewbacca
Snowtrooper
Boba Fett
Jedi Luke
Leia Boussh
Darth Maul
Battle Droid
Anakin Skywalker Padawan
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight
General Grievous
Magna Droid

Case 2 (Mar / Apr)

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Yoda
Boba Fett
Gamorrean Guard
Leia Boussh
Obi-Wan Padawan
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight
Commander Cody
General Grievous

Case 3 (May / Jun)

Stormtrooper
Chewbacca
Lando
Snowtrooper
Bib Fortuna
Jedi Luke
Qui-Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Jango Fett
Anakiin Padawan
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master)
Magna Droid

Case 4 (July / Aug)

R2D2
Darth Vader
Bespin Luke
Yoda
Slave Leia
Gamorrean Guard
Sebulba
Obi-Wan Padawan
Mace Windu
Super Battle Droid
Bail Organa
Commander Cody

I'll pause here to have a discussion.

In case 2, Han Solo and Leia Boussh might pegwarm. By case 3, there is no female figure, or version of Han Solo, so they'll eventually clear out before Slave Leia hits in case 4 (and she always sells). The Jabba The Hutt scenerio is evolving too, with the Gamorrean being a surely popular release.

I got out Imperial Stormtroopers (Hoth first, then regular) to keep something essential to the OT line out front. I'm concerned that there are no more Hoth characters up front, but Vader can command the Snowtroopers and Chewbacca can fight them for sure - as could ANH Han if a kid were just playing (though he at least does wear the Bespin jacket even on Hoth. (Han's arms will get cold!)

The Droid Army is getting well developed and the E2 Anakin and Obi-Wan can fight them, also similar to Clone Wars.

The Episode One Jedi Duel is complete and TPM develops slowly, with popular figures (to fight Darth Maul) right out up front so it won't pegwarm.

R2D2 comes in late, and there's no sign of C-3PO yet (there will be, but not in the first 4 cases).

Padme is also missing, but we voted for her TPM and AOTC figures and ROTS is still in a run-off. So 2 of her figures are on the way. Maybe demand would build for her due to her noticeable absense.

All Obi-Wan's prequel figures come out early and might start to pegwarm. Sometimes there are 2 versions of him in the same case. But with Maul and Grievous out there, not to mention Cody and a lot of Battle Droids, his character-interaction potential's great. Don't forget that there's ANH Obi-Wan waiting in the wings and we might vote for a Ghost Obi-Wan from ESB / ROTJ yet.

Anyway, this would be the first part of the first year, and take the audience up to the Comic Con reveals. What do you think so far? (this is what the group voted for).

Tycho
08-26-2012, 07:29 PM
So, we have 6 figures tied for the final two spots. We shall attempt a run-off.

Vote for TWO (2) of the following figures:

Aayla Secura
Padmé - Mustafar
Palpatine - Jedi Duel
Tarfful
Wookie Warrior
Yoda

I didn't want to pre-empt MadSlantedPower's post (what people should be voting on).

I am continuing with my Waves:

Case 5 (Sep / Oct)

R2D2
Darth Vader
Bespin Luke
Yoda
Slave Leia
Gamorrean Guard
Sebulba
Obi-Wan Padawn
Mace Windu
Super Battle Droid
Bail Organa
Commander Cody

Case 6 (Nov/Dec - and this ends the first year)

Leia (white)
Stormtrooper
Hoth Han
Lando (Bespin)
Admiral Ackbar
Bib Fortuna
Watto
Qui-Gon
Ki-Adi Mundi
Jango Fett
Anakin Jedi Knight
Obi-Wan Jedi Master

Tycho's comments...

R2D2 gets one of the main character droids in the mix.

Bespin Luke, Vader, and Yoda (with R2) basically cover Dagobah! (perhaps a Ghost Obi-Wan is missing?

Hoth Han comes in so the Snowtrooper won't be lonely. But there's Chewie and Vader already released.

Slave Leia is always popular and Jabba has several goons now, plus there's the Boussh figure and Luke Jedi. The Jabba's Palace scenerio's looking good for the basic figures we voted for.

Sebulba and Watto will expand on the Prequel Trilogy set on Tatooine. We do have a Qui-Gon figure who might also include his desert poncho and Darth Maul is out already, too. Maybe now demand is building for the Kid Anakin not yet released?

Watto and Sebulba will both probably move slower though.

Ki-Adi Mundi could fight Snowtroopers for lack of PT Galactic Marines and Bacara, but I haven't really seen him pegwarm. Mace probably won't. But Bail Organa might. Still, he and Padme are about the only non-combatant figures voted for from ROTS (and Padme hasn't made the final list yet - see MSP's voting instructions above).

Cody will sell and can fight all the droids or turn on Obi-Wan and fight him.

Of course, you can recreate the Mustafar Duel when this wave is released, as we finally get ROTS Anakin and have Jedi Master Obi-Wan.

This is Star Wars, but Case 6 is the first case to include some kind of good or bad guy type of droid. We have not voted enough Droids as Essential Characters.

I have at least 2 more waves from our first 72 figures we chose without a single droid offered in it. (Yes, C-3PO and the Destroyer Droid are coming up in year 2, and I suspect both will be in demand when they're selected for the assortment).

Mad Slanted Powers
09-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Alphabetical list:

2-1B
Endor Rebel Trooper
IG-88
Imperial Officer
Leia Bespin Escape
Luke Snowspeeder
Luke X-wing
Power Droid
TIE Pilot
Tarkin
Weequay

So, 8 of those are stuff from my previous votes that didn't win. I found voting for 12 figures out of the entirety of the OT more difficult than just going with 12 from a single movie.

Also, the Imp Officer beat out the Rebel Fleet Trooper on my list mainly because the Rebels are so visually boring compared to the Imps, you put an Imp Officer in front of a squad of Stormies and you've got a sweet display, you put General Dodonna in front of a squad of RFTs and you've got yourself a laughingstock.For Imperial Officer, are you thinking the gray outfit or the black one?

Here are my votes for the ROTS runoff:

Padmé Mustafar
Palpatine Jedi Duel

Here are my votes for the OT:

Rebel Fleet Trooper
Tarkin
Uncle Owen
Wedge Antilles X-Wing
TIE Pilot
2-1B
Luke X-Wing
Leia Endor Battle
Han Carbonite
Endor Rebel Soldier
Dr. Evazan
Ponda Baba

If you have not cast your votes for the ROTS runoff or for the OT round, please do so. I won't be able to start the PT round until the ROTS runoff is done.

JediTricks
09-02-2012, 02:37 AM
For Imperial Officer, are you thinking the gray outfit or the black one?Gray officer. Has anybody voted for the black officer?

mtriv73
09-05-2012, 05:00 PM
If you're still taking votes for the run-off then Aayla and Palpatine.

Tycho
09-14-2012, 12:16 AM
I'd like to move forward with another round of voting, MSP.

Are we ready?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-14-2012, 01:40 AM
I guess we can. You and Mr. JabbaJohnL have not voted in the ROTS run-off, but that could result in another run-off, so I will consider it closed as we have definite winners at this point.

ROTS final results

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
Anakin Skywalker
General Grievous

3rd Place - 9 Votes
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tied for 4th - 8 Votes
Bail Organa
Commander Cody

6th Place - 7 Votes
Magnaguard

7th Place - 6 Votes
Palpatine - Senate Duel

Tied for 8th - 5 Votes
501st Trooper
Shock Trooper
Saesee Tiin

11th Place - 4 Votes (5 votes in run-off)
Tarfful

12th Place - 4 votes (4 votes in run-off)
Palpatine - Jedi Duel

So, that means we are ready for the next round of voting, which is to select 12 figures from the Prequels that haven't already made the list. Here is a summary of what has made it so far:

The Phantom Menace
Anakin Skywalker
Battle Droid
Captain Panaka
Darth Maul
Droideka
Jar Jar Binks
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé (Naboo Battle)
Qui-Gon Jinn
Sebulba
Senator Palpatine
Watto

Attack of the Clones
Anakin Skywalker
Clone Trooper
Count Dooku
Geonosian Warrior
Jango Fett
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé (Geonosis Arena)
Plo Koon
Super Battle Droid

Revenge of the Sith
501st Trooper
Anakin Skywalker
Bail Organa
Commander Cody
General Grievous
Magnaguard
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Palpatine - Jedi Duel
Palpatine - Senate Duel
Saesee Tiin
Shock Trooper
Tarfful

So, vote for 12 prequel figures that have yet to make the list.

Tycho
09-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Here are my votes for 12 more not-yet-selected-for-the-prequel-trilogy.

Note - you don't have to vote for 4 from each movie, I just happened to want to. Even 12 can be from 1 movie, or any combo that you consider getting the essentials in there.

Here are mine:

1. Shmi Skywalker
2. Nute Gunray
3. Gungan Warrior
4. Naboo Royal Guard
5. Wat Tambor - very cool looking
6. Senator Tiikes (Quarren Separatist from Mon Calamari) - you can have a senator and a separatist in one figure
7. Senator Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office)
8. Captain Typho
9. Senator Padme Amidala (pregnant, birth of the Empire)
10. Kashyyyk Scout Trooper Clone (jungle camaouflage)
11. Utai Warrior
12. Polis Masan

Dexter Jettster was really tempting me moreso than anyone else I could think of that did not make my list. He's a very close runner-up since he makes a good figure.

Poggle the Lesser and San Hill are also close to making it for me, but we have a Geonosian and San Hill is not as interesting looking as the other separatists and we also didn't have Tessek from ROTJ (Jabba's Palace) make it yet, and I like Quarrens.

JediTricks
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Gungan Warrior
Queen Amidala (TPM opening scene)
Yoda (Ep 2 or 3, I don't care, they look enough alike, whatever needs the vote)
Cmdr Bly
Galactic Marine
Phase 2 Clone Trooper (white)
Dexter Jettster (mainly for that "interesting non-combatant alien" thing)
Wookiee Warrior
Shaak Ti
Clone Pilot
Ric Olie
Emperor Palpatine (end of ROTS)

The first 6 are the ones that didn't make it from my first votes, the second set are really just kinda throwing out whatever ideas seemed to stick.

I'm not entirely understanding how some battle droid variants and AOTC Clones are getting treated as 1 figure with paint variants while the ROTS Clones are not.

Snowtrooper
09-20-2012, 08:37 PM
1. Galactic Marine
2. Airborne Trooper
3. Wookie Warrior
4. Kashyykk Trooper
5. Naboo Pilot
6. Shmi Skywalker
7. Captain Typho
8. Poggle the Lesser
9. Clone Pilot(AOTC)
10. Clone Pilot(ROTS)
11. Wat Tambor
12. Zam Wessell

sebillba
09-22-2012, 06:22 AM
1) Yoda
2) Nute Gunray
3) Rune Haako
4) Aayla Secura
5) Shaak Ti
6) Utai
7) Tion Medon
8) Wookiee Warrior
9) Boss Nass
10) Gungan Warrior
11) Poggle the Lesser
12) Zam Wesell

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2012, 01:23 PM
*Yoda
*Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion - red dress)
*Agen Kolar
*Aayla Secura
*Shaak Ti
*Luminara Unduli
*Commander Gree
*Clone Pilot (ROTS - preferably Odd Ball)
*Dexter Jettster
*Zam Wesell

What was ever said about C-3PO? If they had to be different versions, then use my last two slots for a TPM version and an AOTC version. If not, then give the space to Poggle the Lesser and Nute Gunray.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-22-2012, 08:23 PM
What was ever said about C-3PO? If they had to be different versions, then use my last two slots for a TPM version and an AOTC version. If not, then give the space to Poggle the Lesser and Nute Gunray.
I think they are different enough that you can vote for them individually. It seems that most felt one version wouldn't work, but also that not all three were essential. I will count your votes for the C-3POs.

Tycho
09-23-2012, 04:57 AM
C-3PO's was also a breakfast cereal in the 1980's.

Could you also please serve milk with that?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-23-2012, 07:37 AM
C-3PO's was also a breakfast cereal in the 1980's.

Could you also please serve milk with that?I had some of those. They were all right.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-19-2012, 04:04 PM
7. Senator Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office)
9. Senator Padme Amidala (pregnant, birth of the Empire)
For #7, is this Padme from the beginning of AOTC? I'm not sure which one you want for #9.

Clone PilotDo you prefer AOTC or ROTS version?

I'm not entirely understanding how some battle droid variants and AOTC Clones are getting treated as 1 figure with paint variants while the ROTS Clones are not.That seems to be the way people are voting for them. I don't recall if I placed any restrictions on it. Maybe it is due to the ROTS clones having more iconic variants, and people not wanting to use up a valuable slot on battle droid or a different colored AOTC clone.

What was ever said about C-3PO? If they had to be different versions, then use my last two slots for a TPM version and an AOTC version. If not, then give the space to Poggle the Lesser and Nute Gunray.For now I have counted your votes for the C-3PO's.

Here are my PT votes:

Agen Kolar
Aayla Secura
Boss Nass
Cliegg Lars
Commander Gree
Naboo Pilot
Nute Gunray
Padmé - Tatooine - TPM
Queen Amidala - Theed Invasion
Shaak Ti
Shmi Skywalker
Zam Wessel

So far, we have 7 voters in the OT poll, and 6 in the PT poll. I'll leave things open a bit longer. Since the next round will involve all movies, we will have to finish these two current polls before we can move on.

Tycho
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
At last! I love your polls MSP!

for #7, yes this is Padme from the (almost beginning of AOTC - as she is first seen wearing a pilot's outfit).

This Senator figure of her from Palpatine's office and her apartment is where she gives the lines:

"I think Count Dooku is behind it." and "Ani? My goodness you've grown."

#8 Padme, pregnant during the birth of the Empire, is when Palpatine is voted the first galactic Emperor, and she says (actually quoting John Kerry in real life in reference to the Patriot Act), "So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." She is in a Senate speaker car with Bail Organa (and they also should make a figure of Bail in his outfit from this scene as well - as it's a very important scene - the Birth of the First Galactic Empire.)

JediTricks
10-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Do you prefer AOTC or ROTS version?My preference is ROTS on this, but only slightly, so if one needs the vote more than the other, I have no problem calling it a vote for either.

That seems to be the way people are voting for them. I don't recall if I placed any restrictions on it. Maybe it is due to the ROTS clones having more iconic variants, and people not wanting to use up a valuable slot on battle droid or a different colored AOTC clone. Were I taking in those votes, I'd make those variants 1 slot when it's just paint.

JediTricks
01-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Obviously this thread now becomes far more poignant with the announcement of the Black Series line, but did we even finish it off, or did it just succumb to being too much work, or what?

Beast
01-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Obviously this thread now becomes far more poignant with the announcement of the Black Series line, but did we even finish it off, or did it just succumb to being too much work, or what?
And better question... where's our Black Series forum section?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-30-2013, 09:17 PM
We finished off the six movie polls, and were in the midst of polls for the entire OT and entire PT. However, we didn't have enough votes yet. There were 7 votes in the OT poll and 6 in the PT poll. I could end the OT poll now as there are no ties for the final spots in the top 12. However, in the PT poll there is an 11 way tie for the final 2 spots. Since the next round in the polls was going to cover all of the movies, we can't move forward until the PT is decided.

Tycho
01-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Let's decide something. Does it taste great or is it less (ful)filling?

JediTricks
02-04-2013, 08:13 PM
We finished off the six movie polls, and were in the midst of polls for the entire OT and entire PT. However, we didn't have enough votes yet. There were 7 votes in the OT poll and 6 in the PT poll. I could end the OT poll now as there are no ties for the final spots in the top 12. However, in the PT poll there is an 11 way tie for the final 2 spots. Since the next round in the polls was going to cover all of the movies, we can't move forward until the PT is decided.Good to know. An 11-way tie? OUCH! Who hasn't voted yet? I'll PM and cajole. Also, have you voted yet? ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Out of the 10 people that have been voting in this thread, the following have not voted in the OT poll: mtriv73, Mr. JabbaJohnL, and Bel-Cam Jos. Those that have not voted in the PT poll are: mtriv73, El Chuxter, bigbarada, and Bel-Cam Jos. I have voted in both polls.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Oops, looks like I missed it back during the CVI build-up and never went back to it.

*Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot Gear)
*Han Solo in Carbonite (was there anything against this figure being included here? I can't recall)
*Lando Calrissian (General)
*Grand Moff Tarkin
*TIE Fighter Pilot
*R5-D4
*Rebel Fleet Trooper
*IG-88
*Dengar
*4-LOM
*Zuckuss
*Logray

JediTricks
02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Out of the 10 people that have been voting in this thread, the following have not voted in the OT poll: mtriv73, Mr. JabbaJohnL, and Bel-Cam Jos. Those that have not voted in the PT poll are: mtriv73, El Chuxter, bigbarada, and Bel-Cam Jos. I have voted in both polls.Ok, I'll sent out messages about that.

In the future, feel free to make back-to-back posts when starting a new poll, you have my permission to "final poll notes" posts as one thing and separately "new poll" posts so that the new polls are easier to take note of - and feel free to use BIG TEXT or whatever gimmicks you like to further distinguish them.

bigbarada
02-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Those that have not voted in the PT poll are: mtriv73, El Chuxter, bigbarada, and Bel-Cam Jos. I have voted in both polls.

Oops. It's hard for me to select any Prequel figures because there aren't any that I'm interested in anymore. So I'll just repeat JT's list, since I don't really object to anything on there.

Gungan Warrior
Queen Amidala (TPM opening scene)
Yoda (Ep 2 or 3, I don't care, they look enough alike, whatever needs the vote)
Cmdr Bly
Galactic Marine
Phase 2 Clone Trooper (white)
Dexter Jettster (mainly for that "interesting non-combatant alien" thing)
Wookiee Warrior
Shaak Ti
Clone Pilot
Ric Olie
Emperor Palpatine (end of ROTS)

El Chuxter
02-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Man, thinking this much about prequels hurts my head. Can I just make my votes be negative votes for any and all Clonetrooper variations? No? Okay, then, here goes:

1 Captain Tarpals
2 Barriss Offee
3 Zam Wessel
4 Ric "Bad*** Mofo" Olie
5 Shaak Ti
6 Aayla Secura
7 C-3PO (Phantom Menace, "naked")
8 Agen Kolar
9 Cin Drallig
10 Shmi Skywalker
11 Dexter Jettster
12 Nute Gunray

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess we can. You and Mr. JabbaJohnL have not voted in the ROTS run-off, but that could result in another run-off, so I will consider it closed as we have definite winners at this point.

ROTS final results

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
Anakin Skywalker
General Grievous

3rd Place - 9 Votes
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tied for 4th - 8 Votes
Bail Organa
Commander Cody

6th Place - 7 Votes
Magnaguard

7th Place - 6 Votes
Palpatine - Senate Duel

Tied for 8th - 5 Votes
501st Trooper
Shock Trooper
Saesee Tiin

11th Place - 4 Votes (5 votes in run-off)
Tarfful

12th Place - 4 votes (4 votes in run-off)
Palpatine - Jedi Duel

So, that means we are ready for the next round of voting, which is to select 12 figures from the Prequels that haven't already made the list. Here is a summary of what has made it so far:

The Phantom Menace
Anakin Skywalker
Battle Droid
Captain Panaka
Darth Maul
Droideka
Jar Jar Binks
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé (Naboo Battle)
Qui-Gon Jinn
Sebulba
Senator Palpatine
Watto

Attack of the Clones
Anakin Skywalker
Clone Trooper
Count Dooku
Geonosian Warrior
Jango Fett
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé (Geonosis Arena)
Plo Koon
Super Battle Droid

Revenge of the Sith
501st Trooper
Anakin Skywalker
Bail Organa
Commander Cody
General Grievous
Magnaguard
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Palpatine - Jedi Duel
Palpatine - Senate Duel
Saesee Tiin
Shock Trooper
Tarfful

So, vote for 12 prequel figures that have yet to make the list.
As the Simpsons-ized Ringo Starr once said: "... and please excuse the lateness of my reply."

I'd go with Tarfful over Fightin' Palpy, if that's a run-off vote requirement (unless I already did? :confused: ).

And my 12 non-made-yet PT figs:
1. TPM red dress Amidala
2. Ric Olie
3. Naboo Security/Royal Guard (either)
4. Dexter Jettster
5. Yoda with AOTC Youngling
6. Aayla Secura
7. Mas Amedda
8. Ody Mandrel
9. Zam Wessel
10.My-Parts-Are-Showing?!? C3PO
11.Pregnant Padme
12.Nute Gunray (I hate to say it, but a Nemoidian is too important to dismiss; but how 'bout giving him a ROTS lightsaber-slashed-up feature?)

Hope that's acceptible.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2013, 11:41 AM
So, it looks like Leia Boushh leads 6-3, so my vote won't make a difference (I was going to vote for Leia).

So, now that the three OT movie polls are complete, we can move on to the next round in which you can select 12 figures from any of the OT movies. Here is a reminder of what has made the list so far:

A New Hope
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Greedo
Han Solo
Jawa
Luke Skywalker - Tatooine
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia
R2-D2
Stormtrooper
Tusken Raider

The Empire Strikes Back
Bespin Guard
Boba Fett
Bossk
Han Solo - Bespin
Han Solo - Hoth
Hoth Rebel Soldier - trenches
Lando Calrissian
Leia - Hoth
Luke Skywalker - Bespin
Luke Skywalker - Hoth
Snowtrooper
Yoda

Return of the Jedi
Admiral Ackbar
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout
Emperor
Gamorrean Guard
Han Solo - Endor
Lando - Skiff Guard Disguise
Leia - Boushh Disguise
Leia - Jabba's Slave
Luke Skywalker - Jedi
Royal Guard
Wicket

So, you can now submit your votes for the next 12 OT figures you think should be on the list.
According to the post, I haven't voted in THIS poll, either. Geez, Bel-Cam, what do you DO all day? :p ;)

So, my 12 to also be made:
1. Momaw Nadon/Hammerhead
2. Death Star Trooper
3. Grand Torino Tarkin (with "Git Offa Mah Lawn!" COMMtech)
4. Lobot
5. Star Destroyer Commander/Piett or someone
6. Too-One-Bee
7. Nikto (whichever one; they are look alike anyway, right BigB? :rolleyes: )
8. Luke X-Wing
9. General Madine
10.Paploo
11.Lando General
12.Anakin Skywalker ONLY IF HE'S SEBASTIAN SHAW!!! :mad: (otherwise, really count this one: Wedge in X-Wing Gear)