PDA

View Full Version : Comic-Con 2012 SSG-gang lunch, who's coming?

JediTricks
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
SDCC is next week, I was wondering who is going and who would like to try to get together for an SSG lunch.

Last year we ended up pulling off a decent time even if everybody's schedules were extra challenging, we pitched in for pizza, Bikerscout and me walked to get it, and then we all talked about Amy Winehouse dying because it had literally just hit the news. (Luckily we had other topics afterwards. ;))

This year we could do pizza again or we could do sandwiches, or something else entirely, it's all up to us. But we need to find out who is going and who would want to meet up to make it happen.

So sound off!

I'm going.

El Chuxter
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Not going to the Con, but could most likely meet up for lunch or something.

figrin bran
07-03-2012, 12:34 AM
JT, I know you were asking me a week or two ago so forgive me for not replying then.

Anyhow, I'm only going to the con on Thursday but will be around SD until Saturday.

JediTricks
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Thursday after the Transformers panel lets out at 2:30 looks like my best window. How's that look for your schedule?

figrin bran
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Thursday after the Transformers panel lets out at 2:30 looks like my best window. How's that look for your schedule?

I'll try to be at that Transformers panel and if I am, I'll get Evac to you there. I've not figured out the rest of my schedule though. Having just one day doesn't afford a lot of flexibility.

El Chuxter
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Thursday's not good for me. Mrs Chux is teaching summer school Monday - Thursday, and we've got one car.

JediTricks
07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I'll try to be at that Transformers panel and if I am, I'll get Evac to you there. I've not figured out the rest of my schedule though. Having just one day doesn't afford a lot of flexibility.Alright.

BTW, the "MySched" version is much easier to find stuff than the regular SDCC pages, sooooo much nicer-looking and manageable. Plus if you sign up you can output the calendar to your Google Calendar or Outlook or other stuff.

Thursday's not good for me. Mrs Chux is teaching summer school Monday - Thursday, and we've got one car.Sorry to hear it. Hmm, I don't see another usable spot in my schedule again until friday after 7pm/8pm for me. Friday is a day you should be there in case you're somehow able to get in for the Larry Hama spotlight panel.

JediTricks
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Not getting a lot of traction this year, what's up? Did last year's registration break everybody's spirits?

JediTricks
07-10-2012, 07:10 PM
C'mon, I know folks out there want to get together, eat lunch, or something along those lines.

Maradona
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
something along those lines.

^
The new, more appropriate name for SDCC.

I will be present for the show, though likely in lines for much of the time. I'm hoping I can get into Hall H and stay there for the bulk of Saturday. On other days, I'd like to see the Expendables 2 and Game of Thrones panels, but have already embraced the the understanding that I won't be able to.

If we all get a chance to meet, maybe we could do it in the morning, before the convention, begins at Richard Walker's Pancake House. It's about a block and a half from the con and the food is worth driving to San Diego for. Here's a link:

http://richardwalkers.com/menu/san-diego-breakfast.php

JediTricks
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
^
The new, more appropriate name for SDCC. It took me a while to get that, but that's a good one. How about "The Line Attraction"? ;) As South Park put it, "get a souvenir photo of you waiting in line on the line ride!"

I will be present for the show, though likely in lines for much of the time. I'm hoping I can get into Hall H and stay there for the bulk of Saturday. On other days, I'd like to see the Expendables 2 and Game of Thrones panels, but have already embraced the the understanding that I won't be able to. If you make to that stuff, you must tell all. :D

If we all get a chance to meet, maybe we could do it in the morning, before the convention, begins at Richard Walker's Pancake House. It's about a block and a half from the con and the food is worth driving to San Diego for. Here's a link:

http://richardwalkers.com/menu/san-diego-breakfast.phpMornings are really rough on Thurs - Sat because of the earliest panel schedules, but that place sounds pretty good. You seem to have some awesome SDCC-related food knowledge! They're only open until 2:30pm, so either we could do them tomorrow or Sunday, or do lunch there maybe (although it's REALLY difficult to find a place with enough seating for all when we do these, so we often end up doing take-out and eating it where there's seating).

Maradona
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Mornings are really rough on Thurs - Sat because of the earliest panel schedules, but that place sounds pretty good. You seem to have some awesome SDCC-related food knowledge!

The irony is that I'm such a picky eater.

The food knowledge comes from my father's years of rigorous training - he was the original Man vs. Food. He planned every family event around where to eat. That's how I learned about the Carlsbad Danish Bakery. On more than one occasion, he could not physically sit down after eating at a now-defunct Pasadena area buffet and would walk home with us following him in the car. I stumbled upon the pancake place a few years back during my never ending quest for the perfect pancake. I think I only consume about 12 foods that aren't pancake related.

bikerscout
07-11-2012, 04:57 AM
Hey,
I don't have a smartphone and i'm not taking my laptop, so chances are i wont be able to check the replies. With that being said, Darkagent, darkknight4516, and crunchynug - text me & plmk if you're going.

JT - not sure what I'm doin thurs. yet, havent planned my day, but I may attend the TF panel with you. (You bring the lettuce, I'll bring the tomatoes -lol)

And to reiterate from the finds thread, i'm only going Wed, & thurs. Hope to see everyone there!! (Save me some cool Fri, sat, sun swag please!!!!!!!!)