PDA

View Full Version : Jedi council members should have the new RFT's knees!

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 04:10 AM
If you've seen the new Rebel Fleet Trooper (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=26&show_article=453), then you've probably noticed the articulation on his knees. This style of knee articulation was previously used in the "Ultimate Soldier XD" line of military action figures by 21st Century Toys. It's only good for standing or sitting, but with the Jedi Council members, what else do you need? My point is that I'd like to see this style of articulation for the Jedi Council members, so they can stand OR sit, but don't have that incredibly ugly knee joint that is found on T-16 Luke's knees. I'd even like to see previousl-released Jedi like Adi Galia, Mace, and Ki-Adi-Mundi redone with 2-handed lightsaber arms and these new stand/sit 45-degree knees.

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 04:19 PM
I had to customize mine to do the knee articulation.

While I am happy with the results, I would still buy the one with manufacturers articulation.

evenflow
08-16-2001, 06:38 PM
It would be nice to see. I just hope to eventually see the entire Jedi Council.

QLD
08-17-2001, 03:04 AM
They need to use the new knees on all of the new figures!

JEDIpartner
08-17-2001, 03:28 PM
I totally agree...

See my similar thread entitled: "Frozen in battle stance..." on the POTJ Threads

Obi-Don
08-19-2001, 05:51 AM
It really matter to me if they could sit or not,would be nice.I just want them to be made!:D

JediCole
08-23-2001, 01:52 PM
While knee articulation is ideal, there is little point without an accurate Jedi Council chair. There were three or four distinct designs (only three I can recall), so Hasbro could produce a series of "seated" council members to complement the existing standing ones. These could come with their distinctive chairs (since most are repeated, Hasbro wins from a mold standpoint, though I would hope for a less abbreviated Yoda/Yaddle chair). I personally lean toward continuing a separate series (perhaps introduced in the Deluxe line) of the Jedi Council complete with their chairs in permanantly seated positions. This will eliminate hassles with awkward seating (like in the EI Yoda, sure he can sit down but it looks funny). I would prefer that the seated figures look natural in repose. The following is a portion of a post I made (one of my first Wish Lists) to the old forums...

The Jedi Council Sets - Hasbro could easily market an assortment (three to four of the following making up the assortment, ALL shipping at THE SAME TIME in EQUAL NUMBERS per case. But before I elaborate on the idea, I want to say first, do not stop making the Council as they are being made to date, that is to say, standing. That said, what we propose is sets of three to four council members in permanantly seated postions (as the standing versions already exist or will in the future). The purpose of these sets is that we will get all of the chairs (from a production standpoint, the fact that many Jedi had the same kind of chair puts the costs down) and, this is the fun part), a wedge of the distinctly patterned floor of the council chamber packaged with each set! The chairs can be placed on the floor panels and all three (or four) panels snap together, even having three pegs upon which Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Anakin can be placed in the center. Each boxed set would feature the seated Jedi to the front of the window box with the section of floor behind them. And unlike some recent offerings (Dagobah Vader, large-size IG-88), there would be instructions on the package to let people know what the floor panels are all about and the placement of each figure/chair to accuratly portray the movie scene. When you buy all of the sets you can put together a large circular display platform with all of the chiars in place and the entire council seated around, there would even be the blank spot that occured from the council chamber being larger than the space taken by the chairs (and to allow entrance to the chamber of course). This would allow you to display the Council Chamber with the blank side out, giving a full view of all members. But don't stop there. While discussing this with Sith Worm, it occured to me that the finished circle would be quite large. Unless you are displaying on a table or desk top, you'd need deep shelves to display it. Well here's an alternative display soluton, the underside of one of the panels (probalby the one with the blank spot) would feature a nub with a hole in it so the completed circle could be hung on a nail on the wall, perhaps behind the shelf on which you display your Jedi Council, both seated and/or standing. With this in mind, it is important that the chairs not be attached permanantly or have awkward pegs which would make them impossible to display off of the base or would require holes in the base which would ruin the effect of this display method. Hasbro has begun to speak to collectors and it is really the collector who is the customer for this type of item.

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 10:44 AM
Cole, I'm afraid I would simply avoid "sitting-only" posed figures like a plague. What's the "action" in that action figure? I can make my OWN chairs out of clay or sculpey or something, and that's only if Hasbro doesn't make a Jedi Council playset with 12 chairs, but I can't see many folks being interested in permanently-sitting figures. Look at the Emperor figure in the Jedi Duel 3pack, that thing is like a joke to most folks, even though it's pretty cool and has a great chair! I like your idea of mini-chair playsets, but I just don't like the idea of one-pose-wonder figures, so ones that can't even stand would be a big headache IMO.

GNT
08-27-2001, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
It's only good for standing or sitting, but with the Jedi Council members, what else do you need? My point is that I'd like to see this style of articulation for the Jedi Council members, so they can stand OR sit

Hhhmmmmm Sit? Sit on what exactly???

Eternal Padawan
06-04-2002, 08:43 PM
I like the idea of releasing 4 cinema scenes of three Council members each. Each member in the set has articulated knees (whether it's RFT design or simple joints like the new Saga Bespin Luke) and a soft goods cloak made of the same material that SpeederBike Darth Maul's cloak or the black sith cloak in the Episode 1 accessory pack (which I put on Jedi Luke). I don't much care for the heavier brown cloth they used on Saga Pilot Obi Wan. So anyway, four scenes of three members each that all connect into a big Jedi Council diorama.

That would be cool.

DarthBrandon
06-04-2002, 09:35 PM
They need knees and arms done so when sitting they can cross their arms and bend their legs. They need to be done for all figs and done correctly, so that they don't look stupid or akward when fighting. Did I mention 100 points of articulation ? If I didn't then this is a must.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-05-2002, 10:06 AM
Great idea, i have wanted a damn Jedi Council since i saw TPM "years" ago! Chairs, cloaks, i want the full monty!

:D

saladin
06-05-2002, 11:32 PM
yes new knees hould be quit helpfull

chris
06-07-2002, 07:35 PM
i like the idea of the new cantina sets, that assemble a diaroma when you have them all. I would like to see each E1 council memebr, released with articulated knees, a chair, and art of the council chambers, so all 12 memebers would assemble the whole thing.

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 07:40 PM
That's a great idea Chris, but Hasbro I'm afraid will not be as smart as some of us.