PDA

View Full Version : To the IDIOT that paid $275 for Jango Fett

yaddle yodas love pu
03-08-2002, 09:46 PM
To the IDIOT that paid $275 for Jango Fett on ebay a few weeks ago: Dear sir, you are a total flaming, scalper-feeding, idiot. I just picked one up for $6. How do you feel now? Has the warm feeling of glee that you felt when you paid $275 for this stupid figure outwieght the shame, humiliation and foolishness you now feel as the rest of us now have thus for $269 less than you paid, you flaming fool!

Lord Tenebrous
03-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Thank you for that unfocused personal attack. Flaming's so much easier when you can't say it to a face, eh? :Pirate:

Emperor Howdy
03-09-2002, 03:40 AM
Dear yaddles poo,

I just so happen to be the guy you're talking about who paid that price on Ebay......and for your information, Mr. Smarty-pants, MY Jango Fett, unlike YOURS, comes autographed by America's most-beloved and gut-busting hilarious comediess: Carol Channing. That's right! None other than "Hello Dolly" herself! NOW who's the idiot, buddy!?!

187-Maul
03-09-2002, 06:28 AM
I would say nonobys an idiot here
if you like to pay that much for a fig with an autograph that's fine and nobody should argue about that
I personally wouldn't pay that much but I don't care who does what - as long as you're happy with your fig it's ok

Obi-Don
03-09-2002, 07:27 AM
Too much money and not to much sense. But hey, if there is someone out there who would pay that much for a figure that you can pick up later at $7.00 more power to them.:stupid:

Jayspawn
03-09-2002, 11:32 AM
(I paid $6 for mine and I opened him)

LTBasker
03-09-2002, 12:21 PM
The thing people don't get is that getting a figure before it's shipping date no matter the cost doesn't give you bragging rights, finding it for the cheapest price after it comes out does.

Casual George
03-09-2002, 12:59 PM
There is no way I would pay that kind of money for any figure. I finally found the preview figures at Wal-Mart yesterday and they had two cases worth. I love collecting these things but it's not worth paying some crazy scalper price for something that WILL be on the store shelfs in a matter of days:confused:

Bothan187
03-09-2002, 03:10 PM
Samething can be said about someone who pays 6-7 dollars for a figure. I give you an example...

I often get my toys by going to K-mart and telling them that wal-mart of target has their Star Wars action figures for 2.88. Well, this was true about 2 years ago, when episode 2 was on it's way out. Hope I didn't put K-mart under!

Anyways, you pay 6-7, and I pay hafe that. Now who's the fool?

"From a certain point of view."

JonoFett
03-09-2002, 03:14 PM
I did a huge favour for a friend of mine and received all 4 for my trouble:p :D They now stand pride of place, along with the battle droid, on Real Stands. I'm a happy man!:cool:

Jargo
03-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Flaming? Well I don't have much to say about that. I think whoever paid that much must have more money than sense. I'm as eager as the next man to get hold of figures but logic tells me to keep hold of the pennies until they are released and then I can get more figgies for my money. If I had 270 odd dollars I certainly wouldn't blow it on a single figure. I'd be getting me some serious lovin......... oh, wait - shouldn't have said that........ :eek:

Seriously, I think that impatience is a handicap for some people who simply must have something so badly they'll do anything to get it. It's not like these figure are rare or hard to find or anything. If the motivation was simply having one before anyone else then yeah, whatever... :rolleyes: like I'm really impressed that you have a figure costing the same as a small second hand car when I can pick one up for the cost of a meal just a couple of weeks later.
I don't think scalping has anything to do with it. if someone is mug enough to give in so easily and feed some craving that needs addressing by a therapist then so be it Jedi. I wouldn't, but that's me. I laugh hollowly at this sort of thing. But it doesn't eat at me. Let's be realistic here eh? Patience is a virtue not a social disease...... wait - that didn't come out right... Oh what the hell! :stupid:

Lman316
03-09-2002, 08:26 PM
I - like most of you - would never spend that much on a single figure. I think the most I've ever spent for a figure was $16, and that was with shipping.
But onto another note, getting these things in advance really isn't that big of a deal. I just got mine tonight, and although they look fine, that dang PVC that they're using just isn't working for me.
When I opened Zam up, I thought her arms were going to break right off. Same thing with the Clonetrooper. Even his legs are spongy and soft. Jango and R3 seem okay though.
The accessories are even softer than the last assortment of POTJ figures.
But, I don't want to complain over this because, actually, they look really nice. And I'm really liking the blast effects too. But no, I would never pay that much for figures, especially if they're not completely worth it.

Unit-01
03-10-2002, 12:00 AM
OMG! Look at this thread. It should have been buried at the bottom! Not even a decent thread gets this much attention.