PDA

View Full Version : marmit boba fett and sandtrooper

derek
03-08-2002, 10:21 PM
well, i finally took the plunge and got these two marmit figures after putting off paying $100+ per figure. i got them for the "bargin" price of $89 each at toy maniacs. after discarding the marmit body for a gi joe body for the sandtrooper and a dragon body for boba fett, i'm very happy with these two guys. the hands that come with the figures wouldn't stay on, so i cut the fingers off a dragon hand(removable) and crammed it in the boba fett glove. this was a vast improvement, and now the hands don't fall off!:)

the uniforms on both figures are super detailed. hasbro could duplicate this, but why they don't i have no clue. if you've been putting these off because of the price, after a few modifications, you won't be sorry to add these to your collection.

i eagerly await the rumored vader marmit is rumored to release in the future. if he ever sees production, it could be one of the best action figures ever released.:greedy:

humsup
03-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Hi Derek, congrats on your catch!!
I have given up hope wanting Hasbro to do anything to their 12" SW Stuffs cos they either do not listen or their targeted customers are kids and kids are not particular about fine details I guess. So, I have stopped buying Hasbro's 12" altogether now. Just want to wait and see on EPII stuffs... if there's no improvement on those as well, it'll be sad. Not asking much, just better articulations.

derek
03-12-2002, 08:00 PM
hey humsup,

rebel scum has some back of box photos of the 12 inch "ultimate" jango that look very promising. why they put it in that big box though, i don't understand. it looks "almost" marmit quality, with a touch of hasbro, but definately an improvement.:)

and the 12 inch count dooku looks really good. anikin and obi wan look like the old stuff, but if hasbro stays true to form, they'll give us re-releases of anakin and obi-wan. hopefully the headsculpts will be better.

derek
03-12-2002, 08:06 PM
i deleted the jango photos. i forget the spoiler rule!:eek: