PDA

View Full Version : Mandalorian Assault Transport

Scackmgack
07-27-2012, 07:36 AM
How about this one? Most of the posts/first activity online I see about this vehicle were in January of this year. Now almost every Mandalorian Assault Transport I see on eBay is a Canadian Tri-Logo version.

Did Hasbro just not produce many of these? Why is it they keep shipping old vehicles like the ATT for the fifth and sixth time, keeping them off and on shelves for years, but a brand new vehicle can't even be kept in circulation for six months?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2012, 09:32 AM
It was produced and released for Canada, and I got one on eBay from a Canadian seller. It seems that, due to the good ol' "last wave syndrome" that typically only affects figures, this one was sort of lost in the shuffle, and if any were released in the United States, it was very, very few (like almost none at all). I believe it might have also turned up in Mexico, but I'm not sure.

Of course, they have to repaint and repack older vehicles to save money on tooling. They say that they'll re-release the Mandalorian Assault Transport, and it's just a matter of time. (The vehicle itself is fine but nothing to write home about, so unless you're a completist or big Duchess Satine fan, you're not really missing much.)

Tycho
08-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Are you glad you bought it John?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Are you glad you bought it John?
As a completist, yes. But it's not the most interesting design from the show, or the most interesting execution from Hasbro. A Death Watch shuttle would have been cooler and more relevant with the pre-existing figures, though they might have chosen this rounder one so you could fit more figures inside. If you like the design and can get it for close to retail, then I'd say go ahead. If not, then it's not going to blow your socks off or anything.

Tycho
08-09-2012, 12:28 AM
I Eventually want to make the sky lanes on coruscant and just display different vehicles hanging in lines of traffic