PDA

View Full Version : 2 Early preview figures found - Walmart

jad
03-09-2002, 12:21 AM
I was at my local Walmart who actually never has anything. To my surprise I found 2 AOTC preview figures on the pegs. I figure that somehow a few of them got put out early. Toys don't sell very well in my area, so I can't imagine that they were all grabbed except two. Anyway I checked the price scanner to see what the price was, and of course they wern't in the computer yet. So I didn't ask about them ( I didn't want them to be returned to the stock room)

I also went back to the lego shelves to see if the Jedi Starfighter preview set was around. To my surprise there was a shopping cart literally full of probably 30 or more of the Starfighter sets. I priced scaned the set and it wasn't in the system yet either.

So I decided that I would pick up the lego set later, seeing how many they have it will be on the shelves for a while, atleast in my area. I went and bought the R2 unit and the Clonetrooper.

I'm very happy with them both. The R2 unit is very nice, and I actually enjoy the electricty effect too. It's nice that you can remove it however. The clonetrooper is great as well. While alot of folks have complained about the pose, I think it's pretty good for a shooting stance, and there will be two other versions coming out this year anyway. ( Clone captain and a new Clonetrooper.)

I also asked a stock person about the Jedi Starfighter (hasbro version) but didn't get anyinformation out of him, other than it should be on shelves next week. So I'm looking forward to picking that up as well as the other two preview figures.

PloKoon2385
03-09-2002, 01:22 AM
I found NOTHING, nada, zip, zilch, zero at my Wal Mart. The only things on the pegs were two Duros and one Shmi. Like I need them? Bah! Well, the internet will once again serve me well...

Obi-Don
03-09-2002, 06:40 AM
I'll be checking out my Wal-mart but won't get my hopes up.

CrossWizard
03-09-2002, 08:16 AM
My local Walmart and KMarts are filled with Boomer Battle Droids, Ketwols and Bespin Leias, in fact its been that way ever since last fall.