PDA

View Full Version : What battle packs (like the upcoming Ewoks) would you like to see from each movie?

Tycho
08-03-2012, 05:34 AM
I am really anticipating the Ewok battle pack with all new Ewok characters in it coming as an exclusive to TRU.

Each movie has some options left for getting out kind of obscure or not-well-known characters that haven't been made before.

What are you interested in?

Here's my list:

TPM:

Naboo - Soldier in green jumpsuit (perhaps Asian), black ethnic variation on Security, handmaiden in purple (Senate), white officer (similar uniform to Panaka's), black pilot (Bravo 2 I think). They still have the woman pilot (Bravo 3 left) and an astromech could add a droid. But some variation of this possibility. Add the Hanger Droid and various Naboo weapons like ascension guns, Naboo rifles, and the throne hold-out pistols, etc.

Pod Racers - just like the current set, but have Ark "Bumpy" Roose, Wan Sandage, Adar Beedo, Bolls Rohr, and Elan Mak (spelling) or something like that group. Maybe add a pit droid or the folded up prop of one and some of the stuff from the old E1 Pod Racer Accessory Pack that was very hard to find.

Senators - Anaconda Farr (realistic), Bail Organa (ROTS senate look), E.T. Senator would be too good to be true, the Gragga senator, Sei Teria (secretary), Palpatine (AOTC red outfit is different from ROTS one), Padme (ROTS senate look).

AOTC:

Club Outlander - bartender (Bufon Terieia - spelling), Weequay pirate, Nyrat Agira, tough guy with long hair, Asian dude (was actually outside and Art Director Doug Chiang, I believe).

Dexter's Diner: Hermione Bagwah, old Dug, woman bounty hunter patron, freighter pilot/smuggler, maybe another waitress droid

Kamino - Kaminoan scientist, kid clone 1, kid clone 2, Kaminoan worker, maybe an observation droid? Or realistic training armor clone (like the animated version's style). Perhaps wet-hair Obi-Wan from E2?

Separatists: Senator Tiikes (Quarren), Geonosian Honor Guard, Rogwa Woodratta, maybe the Orray would come with this, and a Geonosian Warrior that could ride it?

ROTS:

Utopau - a fat Pau'n, Utai Security, Battle Droid, maybe the flying dactyl beast could be included? And another Pau'n to ride it. Maybe another Utai Security soldier.

Opera - Mon Calamari Dancer 1, Mon Calamari Dancer 2, lizard alien from Palpatine's box seats, Twi'lek girl in long white dress, luxury droid

landing platform - Padme - hair in buns, JarJar E3 - perhaps it's the robes from Padme's apartment in AOTC?, luxury droid (different color), Corellian Senator Fang Zar, Republic Intelligence Director Isaard (Ysanne's father).

Polis Mason birth - Padme in birthing attire, medical droid 1, medical droid 2, fat Polis Mason, additional polis mason from flight hanger, baby Luke, baby Leia

Naboo funeral: Ruwee Naberrie (father) Jabal Naberrie (mother), Boss Nass, Sio Bibble (E3), Queen Apalieena, perhaps dead Padme?

ANH:

cantina - Tzzizzt, Ranat, missing Duro (yellow jacket), space suit dude, Jenny (cut scene)?, or Moisture farmer / smuggler.

ESB

Cloud City - Bespin Guard with mustache, Ugnaught, female civilian, Imperial officer, Stormtrooper

ROTJ

Jabba's - Cane Adiss, Fozzic, Tayn dren-Garn, other outfit for Sgt. Doallyn, Gizzum (Snaggletoothe), Ariel (Mara Jade in disguise)

Death Star - Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary Sate Pestage, Palpatine with throne chair, Imperial Officer, perhaps Death Star II computer display access station (like in the Emperor's throne room), perhaps electro-shocked Luke Jedi

Anyway, these are some of my ideas to get obscure figures out there.

You could also do an all-Padme pack again, but this time no TPM figures:

Yellow waterfalls, packing, Senator, AOTC nightgown with kohouon creatures, deleted scene, Lars' garage, pregnant Padme Senator (Palpatine's speech), Rumintions, office Padme (ROTS from Anakin's visit with her headpiece), and I'm sure I forgot a few but I was trying not to retread on ones I suggested above. Thing is, some of the AOTC figures would make great carded figure choices for Padme (yellow waterfalls and Naboo Senator or Packing, especially - maybe her Senator outfit from ROTS).

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Okay.

TPM
Anakin's Friends (Kitster, Wald, naked Threepio OR Braces Girl) by the Pod
I agree about the Senators (especially Grebleips)

AOTC
Lost Planet (Yoda OR Obi-Wan with two younglings)

ROS
?

ANH
Might have as much chance of a Tonnika as E.T.
Droids For Sale (3 various Jawa sandcrawler droids)

ESB
Frozen Freedom Fighters (3 rebels from Hoth: Rieekan? pilot with cap [not helmet]? deck officer?)
In His Emperor's Service (various Star Destroyer officers)
Confusion on Cloud City (3 various citizens from evacuation [minus Ice Cream Dude])

ROJ
?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2012, 04:12 PM
The reason they're able to make packs like the Ewoks and Yavin Pilots is that much of the tooling is reused, with the only new parts being heads and accessories (except for the all-new Porkins). Some of the previous sets (like Force Unleashed-related ones or the Republic Commando set) have had more new figures, but still reused some parts. These sets have five figures, unlike the bizarre 2012 battle packs (which aren't coming back in 2013). That said, there are a few they could easily do:

Jawa Sandcrawler (ANH)
*Jawa (re-release)
*C-3PO (repaint of build-a-droid mold)
*CZ-1 (repaint of CZ-4)
*3B6-RA-7 (tan/bronze repaint of build-a-droid mold)
*WED-15-ST68 (more accurate repaint of WED droid)
*M-HYD (new - small enough to be an accessory)

Death Star Hangar (ANH)
*Imperial Navy Commander (repack of Vintage figure)
*Imperial Scanning Crew (unreleased variant)
*Stormtrooper (repack)
*Imperial Power Droid (seen in background of Death Star - could use lower half from Special Action Figure set Power Droid)
*Imperial Astromech Droid (repaint of build-a-droid sculpt, based on ROTJ R2 or R5 design)

I'll post more later. I love me some speculative lists. :p

mtriv73
08-03-2012, 05:34 PM
ANH: Those were the droids we were looking for: Crispy Owen and Beru and a pile of burning Jawas. Maybe a sandtrooper thrown in for good measure. Seriously, I would buy this and I think a lot of other people would too.

ANH: Why don't we get drunk and...: Tonika Sister (yeah right, but we can always dream) and Han's girlfriend from the cut scene

EU: EU all-stars: Guri; Jaxxon; and Jorrus C'Boath

I like the idea of a night at the opera from ROTS and imperial dignitaries packs from ROTJ.

bigbarada
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
This is easy:

ROTS:
Wookie Warriors - Tarfull, MeruMeru and a generic Wookie Warrior.

ROTJ:
Skiff Guards 2 - Klaatu, Barada, Vizam (Nikto Gunner) - all SA updates of the POTF2 Skiff Guards pack.

Skiff Guards 3 - Vedain, Velken Tezeri, Shirtless Human Guard

Since Velken Tezeri is wearing the exact same outfit as Nizuc Bek, and the shirtless Human is wearing the exact same outfit as Fozec, then they could follow it up with:

Jabba's Palace Thugs - Nizuc Bek, Fozec, Taym Dren-Garen

Skiff Guards 4: Yotts Oren, Gailid, Mercenary Pilot

Sail Barge Guards: Sail Barge Weequay, Human Barge Guard, Human Barge Gunner

EU:
Droids Animated - C-3PO, R2-D2,

Droids: The Lost Prince - Jann Tosh, Uncle Gundy, Kez Iban

Droids: The White Witch - Thal Joben, Jord Dusat, Kea Moll

Ewok Adventure - Chukha-Trok, Kaink, Weechee, Logray

Ewoks: Battle for Endor - Noa, Cindell, Teek, Endor Witch

Ewoks Animated - Wicket, Kneesaa, Teebo, Latara

Ewoks Animated 2 - Paploo, Weechee, Wily, Logray

Ewoks Animated 3 - Chief Chirpa, Asha, Chukha-Trok, Kaink

El Chuxter
08-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Cruisemissile Rescue: Captain Frassk (kitbashed from a TIE Pilot and an AT-AT Driver), Yarna d'al Gargan, three Neimodian Warriors carrying "No fat chicks!" signs

Darth Metalmute
08-04-2012, 03:28 AM
It will never happen, But I would love to see a Star by Star Battle Pack. Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo with a Voxyn.

Snowtrooper
08-04-2012, 01:02 PM
ANH Death Star Officers
-White coat, black slacks.(can't think of the official name)
-Black Uniform
-White Uniform

ANH Cantina
-Spacers
-Tzzizzt
-Tonnika Sisters

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Going off the five-figure, mostly-repack idea again:

Droid Control Ship (TPM)
*Holographic Nute Gunray (reuse of 1999 mold - a hologram doesn't need 14 points of articulation)
*Battle Droid Commander (repaint of Vintage Collection figure)
*Security Battle Droid (repaint of Vintage Collection figure)
*Pilot Battle Droid (repaint of Vintage Collection figure)
*Tey How (2006 Lushros Dofine's body with new head)

Hoth Rebels (ESB)
*Luke Skywalker (Vintage Collection figure with new scarf-hanging-down head)
*Wedge Antilles (one of the pre-existing Snowspeeder pilot bodies with Wedge head)
*Toryn Farr (body of Vintage Collection Hoth Leia with new head and jacket)
*Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear - repack of hard-to-find figure from 2011)
*black-striped R4 unit (repaint of build-a-droid)