PDA

View Full Version : Items not yet seen

Jargo
03-09-2002, 02:14 PM
I was over at tradefederation.net today and read a report that stated with quiet confidence some interesting releases to go alongside the AOTC offerings we've already seen.

Ki-Adi Mundi with destroyer droid
Padme Pilot
Dexter jettster
Taun We
Anakin hangar duel
Watto
Tusken raider male
Jango with 'removable feature'
Night club alien 2-pack #1
Night club alien 2-pack #2
Accessory set with Battle droid =(rebelscum.com) Jedi =(tradefederation.net) which is accurate is yet unknown
C-3PO with Battle droid

Some we know are coming from prior reports but there are some interesting items listed such as the nightclub alien packs which will be in the same vein as the cantina aliens 2-packs. And the Ki-Adi Mundi deluxe pack. (?)

just thought I'd pass this on. :)

Jek Porky 2002
03-09-2002, 02:24 PM
I hope this is true, I was hoping to see a new K-Adi Mundi, hopefully it will be in a battle stance unlike the Episode I version which was pretty useless. If it comes with a Destroyer Droid it will definatly be deluxe.

Beast
03-09-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I was over at tradefederation.net today and read a report that stated with quiet confidence some interesting releases to go alongside the AOTC offerings we've already seen.
Ki-Adi Mundi with destroyer droid
Jango with 'removable feature'
Some we know are coming from prior reports but there are some interesting items listed such as the nightclub alien packs which will be in the same vein as the cantina aliens 2-packs. And the Ki-Adi Mundi deluxe pack. (?)
The Ki-Adi Mundi isn't a deluxe figure with the Destroyer droid, they are seperatly packed figures from everything I have heard. They are not listed as a 2-pack on Trade Federation either. Notice the semi colon, not a comma.

Darth Vader (Bespin Duel); Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel); Darth Maul (Number 256)*; Ki-Adi Mundi; and Destroyer Droid (Arena Battle) are all pretty tame, standard stuff. (I'm sure they'll look great, though.)

And we have seen the Jango with 'removable feature'. He was shown at Toy Fair. He was the Geonosian Arena Fett, that has the flame thrower action feature. This 5th Jango Fett isn't the removable feature one. Here is a picture of the Fett from Toy Fair, you can see the obvious removable feature on the figure. Since it isn't flush with the part it comes off of.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-09-2002, 04:10 PM
I'll admit that I missed the punctuation because I'm tired and have eyestrain from no sleep for a week. Either way it's still interesting to see them listed. 2-pack or not. The Jango I really don't care for. It looks like the head is not removable from the helmet so that's not much fun. And it's just one more tiresome Jango fett figure after another so who's counting?

The removable part isn't obvious if you aren't looking for it. That picture could be any jango and it's only when looking for the removable part that I see it. it isn't that obvious. But like I say, I'm not a jango fan so I really don't care either way.

I'm more interested in the nightclub aliens, Watto, Dexter, Taun We. New characters that aren't done to death within five minutes before the movie even opens. I'm sooooo tired of seeing jango this and Jango that. That character is dead in the water for me quite honestly.

Beast
03-09-2002, 04:17 PM
I'm more interested in the nightclub aliens, Watto, Dexter, Taun We. New characters that aren't done to death within five minutes before the movie even opens. I'm sooooo tired of seeing jango this and Jango that. That character is dead in the water for me quite honestly.
Same here, can't wait for those figures either. I hope they pack Taun We in with Lama Su, or with a cloning tank or even a clone child. If not that is gonna be one empty figure bubble, what with the charecter's being so thin and long limbed.

They do need to give Jango, aka 'Maul 2002' a break. Hasbro over did the Maul figures, and now they are well on the way to overdoing Jango even worse. Sure he's a cool new charecter, but give it a rest. And where is our Kitster and Wald 2-pack, Hasbro? :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-09-2002, 04:21 PM
I'm sooooo tired of seeing jango this and Jango that.

I agree, I have not even seen the preview Fett in stores yet and I'm already reading about a 5th version. Ridiculous! :crazed:

Binks, are you sure that's a flame thrower? Looks more like his wrist is sneezing . . . ;)

Jargo
03-09-2002, 04:26 PM
*sigh* Don't even get me started on what they could have come up with. But as they're supposed to be releasing a Teemto Pagalies and scavenger droid 2-pack it may be on the cards for either late this year or early next for that Kitster and Wald pack. maybe not, but a guy can dream about such things as a YARNA D'AL GARGAN figure to commemorate the life of sadly departed Claire Davenport. I won't rest until I see that Yarna on a card in the stores.

YARNA YARNA YARNA YARNA!!!!!!!! Rather a million Yarna resculpts than Jango ones or Maul ones.

mark2d2
03-09-2002, 05:13 PM
All this and no R5D4? Who the heck needs another Watto? Ugh. I'm depressed. Maybe the best I can hope for is there's Hammerheads, Aqualish, and Rodians in the Nightclub Alien Packs . . .

But somehow, I doubt it.

Jargo
03-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Go and look at the POTJ section mark, I posted another list in there that should raise a smile although I agree that R5-D4 is sadly missing from this selection. Did I already say that? I'm going senile....... :rolleyes:

here it is (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=47461#post47461) :)

sith_killer_99
03-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Groan, play-action-feature AKA Flaming Fett...BAD!!!

I'm sorry, but all these STUPID play action features RUIN toys IMO.

Anyway, why do we need 5 Jango Fett's? Is it a clone thing?

All we really need are 3 Jango Fett's:

Jango Fett Preview, well detailed with a neutral pose. It should be a great figure without giving anything away from the movie.

Jango Fett, with removable helmet and lots of articulation and cool features, holsters with removable guns, etc.

Jango Fett, with removable feature (not helmet). This guy could even be a 1 pose wonder, as long as we got the second Jango I mentioned.

Instead, we will probably get a dozen that ALL fall short of the mark, that a character like this deserves.:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-09-2002, 09:17 PM
I was just going back over some old lists and noticed three names for figures I haven't seen or heard anything about for a long while.

Wat Tambor
Senator Segat
Ooda

Now I'm assuming that Ooda is one of the nightclub aliens from one of the 2-packs. And with a name like that it has to be yet another Twi'lek chick.....

Wat tambor is supposedly some sort of aide to Palpatine but this one might have been shelved.

Senator Segat was listed as seen at the UK Toy Fair but I've heard nothing about it from Stateside.

It just seems odd that three figures should drop of the map so quietly. Wonder if these will be the hologram figures of the AOTC line and just not get made for four years? Odd, very odd........ :confused:

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Speaking of items not yet seen...what about all those groovy vehicles from the massive battle sequence like the AT-AT wannabe and those hula-hoop vehicles the badduns are using, and the spidery giant bo'marr monk vehicle things and...TONS OF NEW TOYS TO BUY!!!!! ARRRGHHHH!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
03-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Wat Tamblor is a member of the commerse industry, namely, on the side of the Separatists. It would have been a nice figure to counter the Loyalist senators, but we don't even have a picture of this guy from the movie. I think he was pushed back to release Orn Free Taa. There are several other Separatists I want to see before Wat, mostly TPM-crossover characters like Toonbuck Toora and Passel Argente.

The nightclub 2-packs, well, one of them, should have Anthony and Ahmed in their other roles. I don't know how well these will go. Probably better than the POTJ Tusken Raider (why do we need a new one?)

I'm looking forward to Taun We, if they get the colors right. Maybe even a glow in the dark or blacklite scheme. The Kaminoans are pretty tall, so I'm not worried about pack-ins, actually I'm hoping they didn't give her accessories, and just gave her extra articulation. Well, one could hope.

:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-11-2002, 03:17 PM
LT. Faytonni and Ach Med-Beq can't really be classed as aliens can they. The nightclub aliens 2-packs will most likely contain Ayy Vida and a figure of Lucas' daughter as a Twi'Lek and then possibly the big Swokes Swokes (Like Gragra the frog seller in TPM) and some other critter like Elan Sleazbaggano or a Nikto or a new Aqualish or something. Human characters would be welcome but not right now. There's enough core characters coming at us to fill a small hangar so it's more likely to be weird aliens in bizarre costumes. I mean, not that the two military looking figures wouldn't go amiss in a star wars collection but I'm more keen on aliens right now. :)