PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary C-3P0 and R2-D2

SithDroid
03-09-2002, 02:13 PM
Please make a 25th Anniversary C-3P0 and R2-D2 2-pack. We already have Chewbacca w/ Han, Luke w/ Leia, and Vader w/ Obi-Wan. How could you leave out the other two most important characters from the original movie? We need one ASAP. Please get going on this. Some ideas for some great scene specifics for them would be on the Death Star up in the control room, on the Death Star Hangar Bay, on Tatooine with sand dunes in the background, in the hallway of the Rebel Blockade Runner, at the final medal celebration ceremony, inside the Sandcrawler, etc... My favorite pick would have to be one of the two Death Star scenes since all the other 25th Anniversary two-packs are scene specific relating to the Death Star. Anyne else agree this should be made? Let Hasbro know.

Beast
03-09-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Please make a 25th Anniversary C-3P0 and R2-D2 2-pack. We already have Chewbacca w/ Han, Luke w/ Leia, and Vader w/ Obi-Wan. How could you leave out the other two most important characters from the original movie? We need one ASAP. Please get going on this. Some ideas for some great scene specifics for them would be on the Death Star up in the control room, on the Death Star Hangar Bay, on Tatooine with sand dunes in the background, in the hallway of the Rebel Blockade Runner, at the final medal celebration ceremony, inside the Sandcrawler, etc... My favorite pick would have to be one of the two Death Star scenes since all the other 25th Anniversary two-packs are scene specific relating to the Death Star. Anyne else agree this should be made? Let Hasbro know.
They originally planned a set of C-3PO and R2-D2, they were supposed to have come out with the Vader/Ben set. For some reason they decided to not produce the 4th set. They never even got out of the planning stages, with them. Which is to bad, a set of them in the Death Star control room, or in the main hanger across from the Falcon would have been cool. Especially since we didn't get a C-3PO figure in the POTJ line. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-09-2002, 03:13 PM
Maybe they will release a set in '05 for the ESB 25th ?

I would love a set featuring their appearance on Hoth, with R2's sensorscope twirlin' in the snowy environment :)

Beast
03-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Maybe they will release a set in '05 for the ESB 25th ?
I would love a set featuring their appearance on Hoth, with R2's sensorscope twirlin' in the snowy environment :)
Ooooo, Good Idea Ceaser. We do need a frosty snow covered R2-D2 and C-3PO. After all they gave us a Chewie that way. To bad it was before they fixed Chewie's scale problem. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, one of my early ESB memories is of that pic from the storybook that shows that scene. Also, I believe it was released on some of the old trading cards. I dunno, that's always been one of my favorite SW images :) Hoth might be my favorite environment.

LTBasker
03-09-2002, 03:42 PM
They should've truly made a 3PO and R2 set, I mean they are the Dynamic Duo of SW. :)

I wouldn't mind an ESB "snowy" 3PO & R2, that would be an interesting change, I mean whoda thunk it, droids that need 'Chrome-Dome and Shoulders'. :D

JetsAndHeels
03-09-2002, 03:47 PM
The C3PO and R2 set is a good idea. Hasbro shouldve known better than to ignore this.
However when ESB has its anniversary, I had better see a 2 pack of some sort with Boba Fett!!
You hear me Hasbro!!
Im not askin, Im tellin!!

sith_killer_99
03-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Actually, I'd like to see a set of R2 and 3PO from ROTJ! We still need a Drink Tray R2 and 3PO with green slime!

2-1B
03-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Good idea Sith Killer :) A drink tray version, with a C-3PO to bump into him, would be fun.

Plus, I could display a Zutton figure behind them :D

Bosskman
03-09-2002, 06:41 PM
They should do a R2 and 3PO with escape pod set from ANH, this is a MUST. It would be sweet. The ROTJ set with drink tray R2 and slimed 3PO sounds cool too.

mark2d2
03-10-2002, 11:53 PM
Bosskman --- I've been clamouring for the Escape Pod for some time. (That and the Sandcrawler!) But I don't understand is why the Pod hasn't materialized? It's such a no-brainer! A cool vehicle that is crucial to the plot and would be at a relatively low price point. And the ship is a neat design which was never done right in the vintage line. (The playset packin was a bit goofy, though I loved it as kid...)

And yes --- it would have made an Awesome 25th Anniversary vehicle. Much better than the rumoured Landspeeder (Yawn!) we keep hearing about.

Beast
03-11-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
And yes --- it would have made an Awesome 25th Anniversary vehicle. Much better than the rumoured Landspeeder (Yawn!) we keep hearing about.
I don't mind them making a new 25th Anniversary Landspeeder. Though I wish they were actually doing a set with Luke and Ben, cause none of the decent Ben's can sit in the speeder. Oh well, I hope that the Luke will atleast finally come with his damn poncho. Hasbro has dropped the ball on the amount of Luke: Tatooine's they have done, without making him with his poncho. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
03-11-2002, 01:33 PM
This set would be pretty cool! I'm sure Hasbro of course is done making this line for a while.

Dryanta
03-11-2002, 08:26 PM
All the ideas of R2 C3-P0 are good.I'd have to lean pretty hard towards the Hoth idea.Drink tray is a good idea but I'm not sure about the Green slime 3PO.
The escape pod wouldn't need to be much larger than the Bacta tank would it?
How about a deluxe of that with a new 3PO?
Just a thought

evenflow
03-12-2002, 08:17 AM
I think that they should have included them in the set. I would have liked to seen R2 & 3PO with an escape pod.

I can keep on dreaming. :rolleyes:

greedo
03-12-2002, 09:08 AM
I don't understand you guys? How many R2's and 3PO's can a collector have?

Come on, there isn't any reason to make another 3PO, by simply painting some slime or snow....you guys must have too much money. They make the regular standard one, pull apart one, missing one arm with sand.... he doesn't look any different than that in all the movies.

How many R2's do you need? He doesn't change at all through all three movies, except attachments (which they made).... It is like the Luke, I think I own 12 of them..enough is enough.

I think there are enough other figures that could be made to round out our collections.

I will admit that the famous picture of the two of them on the story book, and trading cards and posters would be good for a 25th aniversary set, but you can pose the existing ones in that pose.

Beast
03-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by greedo
I don't understand you guys? How many R2's and 3PO's can a collector have? Come on, there isn't any reason to make another 3PO, by simply painting some slime or snow....you guys must have too much money. They make the regular standard one, pull apart one, missing one arm with sand.... he doesn't look any different than that in all the movies.

How many R2's do you need? He doesn't change at all through all three movies, except attachments (which they made).... It is like the Luke, I think I own 12 of them..enough is enough.

I think there are enough other figures that could be made to round out our collections. I will admit that the famous picture of the two of them on the story book, and trading cards and posters would be good for a 25th aniversary set, but you can pose the existing ones in that pose.

Well, lets see. We need the following C-3PO and R2-D2 figures that actually show up in the movies. For one, we need a couple C-3PO's with graspings hands. I hate how all the C-3PO's have his relaxed hand positioning.

The Phantom Menace:
C-3PO: Pod Race (w/ Anakin's flag)
R2-D2: Queen's Starship w/ power harness

A New Hope:
C-3PO: Death Star Escape (w/ comlink and grasping hands)
R2-D2: Trench Battle Damage

Empire Strikes Back:
C-3PO: Hoth
C-3PO: Falcon Escape (Missing lower left leg)
R2-D2: Hoth
R2-D2: Dagobah Swamp

Return of the Jedi:
C-3PO: Jabba's Translator (green slimed w/ regular and torn-out eye head)
C-3PO: Ewok Diety w/ chair
R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender
R2-D2: Endor Bunker Damage (All his numerous panals open)

That should do it for all the versions of C-3PO and R2-D2 we needs for the movies. Though with Episode II and III on the way, I am sure there will be more. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-12-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm not a completist collector, so I couldn't get dragged down with having to buy so many versions of R2 and Threeps :) I don't care to ever see more carded versions, but a ESB anniversary collector set would be neat :cool:

greedo
03-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

[b]The Phantom Menace:
C-3PO: Pod Race (w/ Anakin's flag)
R2-D2: Queen's Starship w/ power harness

A New Hope:
C-3PO: Death Star Escape (w/ comlink and grasping hands)
R2-D2: Trench Battle Damage

Empire Strikes Back:
C-3PO: Hoth
C-3PO: Falcon Escape (Missing lower left leg)
R2-D2: Hoth
R2-D2: Dagobah Swamp

Return of the Jedi:
C-3PO: Jabba's Translator (green slimed w/ regular and torn-out eye head)
C-3PO: Ewok Diety w/ chair
R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender
R2-D2: Endor Bunker Damage (All his numerous panals open)

You are still taking about the same figure with paint variations. The comlink idea is bad. if made to scale the thing would be like a pin head size, you would loose it and have a regular fig.

The hoth idea: same figs, they were never outside, except R2 with his radar.. oh I want to pay more for that. didn't they do that already with accessories.

remember these are small toys, 3po with eye out, how are they going to do that to look good? The only two figs I think that is a good idea is: R2 with drink tray. 3PO with bendable knees and elbows.

To buy another 3po with green paint on it is a little silly.

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:29 PM
You are still taking about the same figure with paint variations. The comlink idea is bad. if made to scale the thing would be like a pin head size, you would loose it and have a regular fig. The hoth idea: same figs, they were never outside, except R2 with his radar.. oh I want to pay more for that. didn't they do that already with accessories. remember these are small toys, 3po with eye out, how are they going to do that to look good? The only two figs I think that is a good idea is: R2 with drink tray. 3PO with bendable knees and elbows. To buy another 3po with green paint on it is a little silly.
The commlink can be molded into one hand, while the other is in a grasping position. Similar to how they did Princess Leia: Boushh. They did give R2-D2 his periscope, not the tall radar he uses to try to locate Luke and Han on Hoth. The periscope he only used on Dagobah, and the figure wasn't even painted with swamp muck. The C-3PO figure would have interchangable heads. One regular, and one with the eye pulled out. There is plenty of room in the bubble to do that. Besides, if they can make scene specific variations of Vader, Maul, Chewbacca, and other main charecters that never change outfits, I would like some intresting versions of R2's and 3PO's to match. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
03-12-2002, 06:27 PM
I really could care less if they didn't make any of them.I'm more interested in the escape pod.I said include a 3PO with it so kids might want to by one too.
I'd buy a Hoth set.I'd buy a Jabba's set too.Green paint and all.
Btw I don't have too much money,I have a really good time collecting.

SithDroid
03-12-2002, 08:30 PM
I don't understand you guys? How many R2's and 3PO's can a collector have?

Come on, there isn't any reason to make another 3PO, by simply painting some slime or snow....you guys must have too much money. They make the regular standard one, pull apart one, missing one arm with sand.... he doesn't look any different than that in all the movies.

I think there are enough other figures that could be made to round out our collections.

I will admit that the famous picture of the two of them on the story book, and trading cards and posters would be good for a 25th aniversary set, but you can pose the existing ones in that pose.

My whole point of this thread was that Hasbro alienated C-3P0 and R2-D2 by not making them into a 25th anniversary pack. I agree that we have way too many variations of them already, but no more than any other major character (ex. Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, Vader, etc...) I personally like collecting some of the different variations. The only reason Hasbro makes the different resculpts and such is so that a child will be interested in the MAIN characters instead of the obscure characters (ex aliens, droids, pilots, officers). The same is evident in every single major toy line. A prime example is the Simpsons figures. In every wave that they have had so far they have either had a different Homer or Bart figure to go along with it, so anyone familiar with the Simpsons will say, "Hey, it's Homer. Oh these are the other Simpsons characters. I don't really want any of them, but I guess I'll get Homer." Hasbro is no different. If you don't like any of the variations, then don't collect them, but don't bash on the people who DO want to get them.

greedo
03-13-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid

My whole point of this thread was that Hasbro alienated C-3P0 and R2-D2 by not making them into a 25th anniversary pack. I agree that we have way too many variations of them already, but no more than any other major character (ex. Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, Vader, etc...) I personally like collecting some of the different variations. The only reason Hasbro makes the different resculpts and such is so that a child will be interested in the MAIN characters instead of the obscure characters (ex aliens, droids, pilots, officers).

I personally buy every single figure that is carded, for that reason alone it bothers me when I have to buy another Luke because his belt is a different color (sarchasm) to finish my collection. I don't mind the Vader variants simply because they are obviously varients, no helmet, no hand, more accurately sculpted, etc....

IMHO, no need for more R2's, or 3PO's, a comlink isn't enough of a change to me, 3PO missing on leg and designing his hand to hold it is different, that idea is ok.

As far as your comment that Hasbro makes different figs to keep kids interested in the main character....wrong...wrong....wrong.

Hasbro makes variations of the main characters because they know we will buy them.. It has nothing to do with keeping kids interested in main characters, that is what we are interested in already, hello. Hasbro knows that every different Vader, Luke, Han, that is made will sell, they know, (kids especially) won't buy some alien that made a 4 second appearance. Aura Sing comes to mind, and the fan choice figs. Kids don't know who they are, but they know Vader, Luke, Han, etc. Your logic is very backwards.

The same with Simpsons, Homer and Bart sell, others don't. Common sense here. Toys are made of popular characters, not made to make characters popular........business sense. You say simpsons and you hear D'oh or eat my shorts....meaning these are the characters that poeple know and like.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't mean any disrespect here, just have to correct your line of thought. Sounds like you work for Hasbro. he he... I'm not bashing anyone at all, the whole point of a Forum is to express your opinnions........if you don't want my opinnion, than don't start a thread.

Lman316
03-13-2002, 12:25 PM

As far as your comment that Hasbro makes different figs to keep kids interested in the main character....wrong...wrong....wrong.

I don't mean any disrespect here, just have to correct your line of thought.

I'm not bashing anyone at all, the whole point of a Forum is to express your opinnions........if you don't want my opinnion, than don't start a thread.

It sounds a little different than sharing your opinion. You shouldn't have to correct anyone here. If that's what they want, that's what they want, who is anyone to tell them that they're wrong?
I have been in many arguments in this forum, but I've never flat out told anyone that they're wrong or that I must correct them. I might feel differently, and explain why I feel differently, but I never tell them that they're really wrong (at least, I hope that's how everyone sees it anyway :crazed: ).
Anyway, I'm not trying to take a shot at you or anything, but it seems more and more arguments are being started here. And like this, especially over something so petty, it really doesn't seem worth it.
But I think the biggest cause for a want of new versions is for (at least) a decent looking C-3PO. I've heard many people say that every sculpt so far is from bad to horrible (except for the Millenium Coin edition, is that right? I've never seen it up close.) and they would like a figure that could do him justice. I too wouldn't buy every version they make, but maybe a couple of them, I would. Like the Ewok Deity one (but for the Jabba slime version, just take a Flashback 3PO and paint over the sand with green paint. I think that would look decent).
And about why Hasbro makes different versions of main characters, you're both basically saying the same thing. I don't see why you're arguing with SithDroid, greedo. He said almost the same thing that you just said. Those characters are made because they're more recognized than the others. And if they're more recognized, or more liked, odds are more people will buy them, especially with kids. Vader definitely stands out to a child more than Aurra Sing. Like SithDroid said, it would be something like: "Oh, that's Darth Vader. I think I'll get him..."

greedo
03-13-2002, 01:47 PM
Re-read what he said and than re-read what I said. Were not saying the same thing, I'm not picking on him or arguing him. I am all for opinnion and freedom of speach, it is up to him and I to decide wheather were arguing or not, not up to you.

Sorry if that sounded rude, I find it hard to get emotions and feelings accross on a keyboard instead of actual speach.

It isn't up to you to tell me I offended someone else....if I offended him, he (sithdroid) will tell me.

I just need to say this, the reason these forums end up being an argument is generally because someone who isn't directly involved in the conversation uses the word argument. I understand what is being said, and what he is saying, I agree with him with the exception of his statement of why Hasbro makes so many of the same figure but with a varient.

He is saying that Hasbro decideds to make 12 variations of Luke so that kids will like Luke more than say Aura.

I'm saying Hasbro makes 12 variations of Luke because kids like Luke, he is a main character and Aura isn't..

See what I mean. I'm not attacking his opinnion, I'm correcting the facts, or at least that is what I'm trying to do.

Besides that, it isn't really Hasbro who is to blame on what is made and what isn't, Lucas is the one who has final say in what is done and how when it come to any Star Wars merchandise. That is where his money comes from more than the actual movie, is the merchandise because he has complete control of the toys.

Dryanta
03-13-2002, 03:06 PM
I can't believe you greedo!!
I can't believe you did what you did!!
HOW COULD YOU!!
HOW DARE YOU!!

YOU FIRED FIRST AND WHAT'S WORSE YOU MISSED!!!
YOU COULDN'T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN FROM THE INSIDE!!!

WE FIGHTING YET??? ;)

All three of you have made good points IMHO.
Greedo you do come across as arogant.Maybe the "emoticons" can help you get it across with out the misunderstandings.
Just a thought.Still can't believe you did that

greedo
03-13-2002, 03:53 PM
he he

I don't fight, I just say what I say and hope no one comes looking for me. He he

Like I said, I understand I may come across differently than I mean. Sorry, oh well.

Plus I didn't miss.

SithDroid
03-13-2002, 04:21 PM

I personally buy every single figure that is carded, for that reason alone it bothers me when I have to buy another Luke because his belt is a different color (sarchasm) to finish my collection. I don't mind the Vader variants simply because they are obviously varients, no helmet, no hand, more accurately sculpted, etc....

IMHO, no need for more R2's, or 3PO's, a comlink isn't enough of a change to me, 3PO missing on leg and designing his hand to hold it is different, that idea is ok.

Hasbro makes variations of the main characters because they know we will buy them.. It has nothing to do with keeping kids interested in main characters, that is what we are interested in already, hello. Hasbro knows that every different Vader, Luke, Han, that is made will sell, they know, (kids especially) won't buy some alien that made a 4 second appearance. Aura Sing comes to mind, and the fan choice figs. Kids don't know who they are, but they know Vader, Luke, Han, etc. Your logic is very backwards.

The same with Simpsons, Homer and Bart sell, others don't. Common sense here. Toys are made of popular characters, not made to make characters popular........business sense. You say simpsons and you hear D'oh or eat my shorts....meaning these are the characters that poeple know and like.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't mean any disrespect here, just have to correct your line of thought. Sounds like you work for Hasbro. he he... I'm not bashing anyone at all, the whole point of a Forum is to express your opinnions........if you don't want my opinnion, than don't start a thread.

greedo. I don't see your point here. You are basically saying the same thing I said. My logic is not backwards. What I was saying is that most people buy the MAIN or recognizable characters more then the obscure ones. This is why we get resculpts. Go back and read it if you like. I don't see how you misinterpreted what I posted as I thought it was plain as day. How do we differ? I was basically saying that if I was say six years old and I saw a Darth Vader on the peg (regardless of what variant it is) I'd be more likely to pick that figure up than say a Bespin Guard. Like Lman316 said, he believes we had the same point and I agree that we do as well. You even used the same Simpsons analogy that I used, so how do we differ? How you were able to turn my post into disagreeing with yours is beyond me. Go back and read my original post a couple of times and you'll see. As far as me working at Hasbro, I wish. Then perhaps we would actually see some figures that we want with good sculpts.

Dryanta
03-13-2002, 07:29 PM
I gotta agree with sith droid.I just reread both of the posts and it seems that you really are saying the same thing .I think some how you may be misundertsanding what sith droid said.
I'll stay out of this from now on.Just me butting in

greedo
03-14-2002, 09:35 AM
I apologize Sith, I misunderstood/misread what you said as I have already stated. It isn't a big deal, my replies were never intended to be taken too seriously. I prefer talking and facial expressions than typing my emotions and thoughts.

Now, why can't we just get along...

He he

But you have to admit, I made this thread a little more entertaining....???? no??

keep your stick on the ice.

Greedo

SithDroid
03-14-2002, 04:00 PM
No offense taken.