PDA

View Full Version : Active Members?

DarthQuack
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Just curious if SirSteve or JT could say how many active members there are on the forums these days....seems to have trailed off over the last 5 years into a much smaller quiet community. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
10-04-2012, 01:10 AM
I am currently inactive as I type this reply.

JEDIpartner
10-05-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not on as much as I used to be because I really haven't found myself with much time to hop online when I get home. I used to jump on more frequently during the day while taking a break at work, but they started to monitor our internet activity a little more closely. So, I don't really have the occasion to post much. I try to from time to time.

JimJamBonds
10-05-2012, 12:41 PM
What do you consider active? No doubt there is less going on, but a lack of movies coming out will do that imho.

JEDIpartner
10-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm like the Star Wars brand in 1992... present, but not prolific.

TeeEye7
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I check in frequently and post occasionally. You must admit, people and their priorities have changed over the years: members have graduated from high school or college; started careers and families. Look at our "Joined dates". A good many of us have been here over a decade!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I have never joined nor posted on this website.

TeeEye7
10-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I have never joined nor posted on this website.

...and you did not approve this post....

JediTricks
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't think we have anything that lists the activity of users that way.

Hasbro is killing us though, I think. Not just SSG, the budget collecting community. The prices going up, quality going down, quantity going down, just very difficult to drum up as much excitement to carry people back to the brand.

LTBasker
10-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I still check things out here about 3-4 times a day to see if there's any interesting news. I haven't had much to post about, my area hasn't seen any vintage wave past the TPM/ROTJ Deleted Scenes, and the latter only seemed to show up when Wal-Mart didn't have them in the system. I haven't been keeping track of how many waves of the non-vintage figures there have been, but nothing new has been showing up regardless so they're suffering too.

Pretty much looks like the last SW items I'll be picking up this year will be the TRU Speederbike and the K-Mart 2-packs... although I have to wait until next month or so before looking into buying them. Had to deal with moving over the last 4 months, and am still recovering.

I feel as though the SW line is close to coming to an end unless Hasbro does some dramatic overhauling.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Hasbro really screwed up this year (and to a lesser extent last year), so as JT said, the enthusiasm is difficult to maintain. Aside from that, there's got to be a general sense that there's not a whole lot left to do figure-wise aside from dutiful upgrades . . . There are hints that there are some big things coming next year that will hopefully be announced at Toy Fair, and hopefully the remaining five 3D releases will be handled a little better and get people excited again.

bigbarada
10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
My interest keeps fading more and more each year. I check here everyday more out of habit than anything else right now.

After Kithaba, I finally went after one of my "holy grail" items and bought a MOC 12-back R2-D2. Well, that purchase must have filled some hole that has been empty since 1978 because my urge to collect has vanished almost entirely. As of right now, there isn't much to get me excited about collecting anymore. Sure, I could come up with about 20-30 figures to fill a wishlist, but if the line was cancelled today and none of those got made, I wouldn't be too upset. I don't feel that there is a whole lot that "must" be made right now.

So, even if Hasbro got their act together and produced a stellar line for 2013 that was well-made and easy to find in stores, I don't know that my interest in Star Wars would necessarily return to what it used to be. As time goes on, Star Wars feels more and more like a part of my past, not necessarily a part of my future.

El Chuxter
10-13-2012, 12:23 AM
I bought Jar Jar and the Ewok 2-pack today. The last figures I bought before these were the TRU Ewoks. Prior to that, most of the Deleted Scene wave (never saw or cared about Luke).

I'd kill for Evazan and Nom Anor, but the prices are so high and the paint so iffy sometimes, I don't want to buy them without knowing the paint's good. I'm assuming Marshall's around Christmas or next year will have them. Not that I've been holding out for closeout stores, but it's tough to get stuff at full retail and support the line when it simply doesn't go to other stores.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Seems like it has been a slow year collecting-wise for me. As I get less space, I am kind of glad about that. I've become less enthusiastic about The Clone Wars figures, and most of the deluxe figures and larger items I have passed on unless there is something new and exciting about them. I did get a bunch this week as that online-only wave shipped, and I just ordered four figures from that Kithaba wave (Kithaba, Evazan, Nom Anor, Aayla Secura). There is a seasonal TRU in the mall now, and I got the Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper yesterday.

Seems I have also had less time to post here as well, so I haven't been checking in as much other than on threads I am already subscribed to. Seems to be the case with others as well, based on the response to my poll thread and to Tycho's as well.

JimJamBonds
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Back after a few weeks away.