PDA

View Full Version : Re:Jawa01 post on clearance POTJ figs

Dar' Argol
03-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Well, since you can't post a reply in the news section this is the next best thing. Jawa01 reported that at his local Wal-Mart he found the Baca Luke and Darth Maul figs on clearance for $3. I just wanted to let everyone know this might not be company wide. I work for Wal-Mart and being the Bike Tech Manager and a SW fan I work closely with the Toy Dept. I have access to all the same screens as a department manager. I was at work today and checked those screens to see if any of my bikes went on clearance, and I did not see anything for any SW figs.

Here's how it works. There is 2 ways something gets marked down. Either our Home Office sends down the markdown through our system(which means its company wide), or we mark them down at the store level. We are allowed a certian amount of $ every month to clearance old stock out. Maybe this store Jawa01 went to had too many of these figs and needed to get rid of them:confused:.

What I will try to do for all of you is from now on, if I see a clearance come down from our H.O. I will post it. Its the least I can do :D .

2-1B
03-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Dar' Argol, does your store even have the deluxe figures?

The 3 three Wal-Marts in my area never got them . . . maybe it's a regional thing? :)

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 05:12 PM
The only ones that we have are the Luke and Maul. I haven't see the other two yet. I don't think its a regional thing, I think its a supplier issue.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-11-2002, 10:17 AM
OK, I finally see why WM clearance pricing is so random. I've been to four WMs in various parts of Utah over the past couple of days. All have had the Luke/Bacta Tank in stock but only one has had them marked down to $3.