PDA

View Full Version : ALF's comeback!

2-1B
03-09-2002, 06:07 PM
ALF has been on television alot lately, promoting 10-10-220 with another washed up TV personality named Terry Bradshaw :D :D :D

What might ALF's management agency have planned for him next?

Jargo
03-09-2002, 06:24 PM
ALF? Why i simply adored that naughty scamp!!! :D I always wanted a stuffed ALF toy but never got one :( Maybe a resurrected ALF would spin one my way in a merchandising blitz of crapness to equal the sad return of ET. :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

2-1B
03-09-2002, 07:02 PM
Well this is strange, I just posted this thread a short while ago as a sarcastic response to seeing that advert again, and now I just found this bit in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly. If the scan is too blurry, I'll happily type it out if anyone is interested.

ALF fans, read on . . . :)

Jargo
03-09-2002, 07:11 PM
That's a scary prospect. maybe ALF could get the late show spot?

ALF took drugs.......? I'm horribly disillusioned............. :(

Huckleberry Josh
03-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Alf rules!

El Chuxter
03-09-2002, 10:19 PM
I remember talking with a friend about two or three years ago about how cool ALF had been, and how we both would love to see it again. And lo and behold, that very night we were flipping through channels and found an old ALF re-run.

Let's just say ol' Gordon Schumway hasn't aged too well--he ranks somewhere between Family Ties and Webster as far as re-watchability goes. If a new ends up being better, I'll welcome it. If it's on par with the old show, well, I'll just hold on to the nostalgia. :)

2-1B
03-09-2002, 10:27 PM
Last year someone (Nick or TV Land?) was showing an ALF marathon, so I just threw a tape in the VCR and recorded 6 hours of it. I still have to plow through those 12 episodes, maybe ALF's resurrected career will prompt me to do that now :)

Dar' Argol
03-09-2002, 11:40 PM
NBC's(or is it CBS???) new Celebrity Boxing Match: Alf vs. Gary Coleman!!!! Who would win the fight of the Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars?!?!?!?! Tune in tonight.

Just kidding! :D Would be a good match though!!

SithDroid
03-10-2002, 01:58 PM
ALF is awesome. Give him a new show. It would be cool.

chewie
03-10-2002, 05:40 PM
I remember a few years ago (actually closer to 6 years now), there was an NBC special that was supposed to be the end-cap for the series. Doing a quick google search, I came up with the name of the special "Project: ALF".

At the end of the series, ALF was captured by the military, and then the show ended. Well, the special showed us that ALF has been in captivity in a military base under scientific study, but everybody liked him and he was given freedoms to run about the base. Though one of the military guys wanted him killed so he was snuck off the base by a couple of sympathetic people.

Well, the story ends that he is shown to the world on television and everybody loved him (I think).

ALF mentions his "family" in the show, but never once says anything about the Schumways by name. Nor does he try to go back to them. I found that odd. Oh, and none of the old Schumway cast members showed up in it. It was strange to see ALF all by his self in it.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-10-2002, 10:51 PM
I (unfortunately) have all but one (#31, I think) of the STAR Marvel Comics ALF series. There is many a story of Gordon gong back to Melmack (sp?). Sometimes they're worth a chuckle, but chuckle's don't pay the bills! (Unless you're a comedian. Wait, everyone's a comedian! Hooray!)

Ha!
And in the other immortal words of ALF, "These, are tear drops."
:cry:

2-1B
06-08-2002, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Last year someone (Nick or TV Land?) was showing an ALF marathon, so I just threw a tape in the VCR and recorded 6 hours of it. I still have to plow through those 12 episodes, maybe ALF's resurrected career will prompt me to do that now :)

Nope, in 3 months I still haven't been "prompted" to watch that tape yet! :D

Alright ALF, time to lay it to rest pal! :evil:
Terry Bradshaw was one thing, but now your arsenal includes Mike Piazza, Emmitt Smith, and country twanger Toby Keith.
Move along . . . :crazed:

Obi-Don
06-09-2002, 06:36 AM
I loved ALF but couldn't stand the whining people he lived with. If he does come back. Please give he a good cast to work with.

Exhaust Port
06-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Perhaps this could be a trend of bringing back 80's TV shows. I'm putting my vote in for Knight Rider (not that dumb version from couple years ago), Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica and Small Wonder. I'm just kidding about that last one. ;)

"Ha, Willy!"

SWAFMAN
06-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I loved ALF but couldn't stand the whining people he lived with. If he does come back. Please give he a good cast to work with.

If you close your eyes and listen to the guy who played the father in the old ALF shows, then listen to Senator Joseph Lieberman, they have the EXACT SAME IDENTICAL VOICE. It is spooky, it's so exatly the same. That actor should do call-ins to TV and radio news shows, pretending to be Lieberman, and then say inflammatory stuff to get the Senator in trouble!

JediTricks
06-09-2002, 10:08 PM
I'd love a real return to the Dukes of Hazzard and Knight Rider, though neither would probably work in today's modern world. The Dukes have had a couple TV movies, they were entertaining enough but I think a series would feel forced after about 4 eps. Knight Rider would have a pair HUGE continuity errors in the ways of the form of the syndicated "Team Knight Rider" (which I found somewhat entertaining - it had JUST started to deal with the "where's Michael Knight?" issue when it got cancelled) and the sequel TV-movie from 11 years ago, "Knight Rider 2000", which had KITT dismantled and reassembled into a red Pontiac Banshee (actually a Dodge Stealth made to look like the Banshee concept car), a Michael Knight who has retired TWICE and "might drop in" on KITT's new driver, some ex-cop woman with a pseudo-psychic link to KITT thanks to a brain implant. The problem is that these events (which also killed off Devon Miles) took place 2 years in our real world past.

Personally, I'd opt to have them throw out continuity for more of David Hasselhoff behind the wheel of that black 1980s Pontiac Trans Am voiced by William Daniels, but according to IMDB, there's some sort of sequel already in the works entitled "Super Knight Rider 3000" for release next year set MANY years in the future with Daniels as KITT, RC3's grandson played by the same actor as RC3, the great grand neice of Devon Miles and the son of Michael Knight, and the return of Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen as KARR. Apparently, it's being produced by Hasselhoff.

Exhaust Port
06-10-2002, 12:13 AM
I too heard about the rumored Knight Rider project. I figured that David Hasselhoff would return as Micheal Knight and not just as a producer. That actually sours the deal for me. I wanted to see him wearing that same black leather jacket in the year '03. I'm still interested to see what they finally produce.

The Dukes have been entertaining in their reunion movies but that series is getting tougher as the actors are dying. I still can't believe that Daisy blew off Enis (?) at the last minute to marry that other guy. What a B#$%h.

If TNN would just start showing the KR and DoH reruns my day would be complete.

JediTricks
06-10-2002, 03:28 AM
If Hasselhoff is producing, that's a guarantee you'll have at least 5 visits from Michael Knight per season if nothing else. ;)

Out here, KR is being aired on a local UHF station, KDOC. Their image quality is really bad even on my cable, but it's still nice to have KITT every day. I could have sworn TNN was already playing DoH already, but I guess not.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I saw ALF begging for change on a street corner in Toronto. He said something about how "the man was keeping him down." A couple of people pointed and stared. Someone threw a stone at him and called him "smelly."

Things look pretty bleak for him. :sad:

2-1B
08-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh man, I forgot all about this thread. :D

Plus I forgot about 10-10-220, I haven't seen that advertised in YEARS.

By the way, 4+ years later and I STILL haven't watched that ALF marathon tape. :crazed:

CaptainSolo1138
08-11-2006, 07:40 AM
I saw ALF begging for change on a street corner in Toronto. He said something about how "the man was keeping him down." A couple of people pointed and stared. Someone threw a stone at him and called him "smelly."

Things look pretty bleak for him. :sad:
Are you sure it wasn't Willy (http://micarrusel.blogia.com/upload/dios-mio-si-alf-levantara-l.jpg)?

He likes crack rock :pleased:

2-1B
08-11-2006, 11:35 AM
"Forbidden" - I can't view the link. :confused:

I'm guessing it has something to do with KH's edit. :D

CaptainSolo1138
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
I can view it still. Odd. Perhaps it's because I linked it whilst using a proxy?

Actually, KH's edit involved the cutting out a word. The PEN IS mightier than the sword.

JediTricks
08-12-2006, 11:57 PM
The pic is still there, they just don't allow outside links. Copy the URL and paste it into your URL bar, if it still says "forbidden" add a new backslash " / " next to an existing one in there... or better yet, don't, you won't be happy.

I found a larger scan off IMDB, with part of the article it came from:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4061/maxwrightforpresident8ew4gf.jpg

2-1B
08-13-2006, 12:39 AM
WOW, where do you dig up this dirt, Caps ? lol

Thank you JT for doing Solo's work for him. ;)

CaptainSolo1138
08-14-2006, 07:09 AM
WOW, where do you dig up this dirt, Caps ? lol

Thank you JT for doing Solo's work for him. ;)

I was busy all weekend. Bite me, ya hump. ;)

It was in one of them tabloids a couple years ago and I think I saw in on the Smoking Gun or something like that.

I wonder what Kate's up to?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Are you sure it wasn't Willy (http://micarrusel.blogia.com/upload/dios-mio-si-alf-levantara-l.jpg)?

He likes crack rock :pleased:

Yeesh, and I thought Alf hit rock bottom.

Who woulda thunk it of poor, mild-mannered Willy to be caught in a crack house?

2-1B
08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
"rock" bottom ? lol

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2006, 08:20 PM
"rock" bottom ? lol

I could claim that original post as something I cleverly came up with, but truth be told, it was accidental. :tired: