PDA

View Full Version : hands and weapons

iguanabytes
03-09-2002, 05:19 PM
I've noticed a lot of the newer figures have hands or accessories (holsters) which are not a very god fit for the weapon they come with. basically, if you take off the rubber band which holds the weapon in their grasp, they no longer grasp the weapon. my solution to this is to heat the hand up slightly with a blow dryer, squeeze the grip smaller, and cool it with cold water of ice. this is also effective on swivel joints which have gotten too loose

Starfig873
03-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Interesting. That may actually be a good idea.

Chances are though, I won't do it. I'd probably melt his hand...burn myself, set something on fire I'm sure. :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
03-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Another method is boiling the figure/part in hot water.

It's an OLD custiomizer technique that can be used for a LOT of things.;)

Obi-Don
03-10-2002, 07:07 AM
I never thought of that to fix the hands. Will the hand retain the shape after it is cooled off?

Lman316
03-10-2002, 09:17 AM
That's why I usually just leave that rubber band on the figure. If I even think I might want that figure to be holding his or her weapon, I just leave it there. Because, I usually regret taking it (the rubber band) off, and then I'm sitting there trying to get it back on.
But for the ones that I have removed, if I get too annoyed with them, I'll try those ideas.

stillakid
03-10-2002, 09:32 AM
Speaking of those rubber bands, how in Hades do they get them on there in the first place?:confused:

Lman316
03-10-2002, 09:50 AM
Speaking of those rubber bands, how in Hades do they get them on there in the first place?

I've always wondered that myself. When you get them, they're on the hands so tight, but if you take them off, it's a pain trying to get them back on. And they'll never be as tight as when you first bought the figure.
I think the Biggs figure had a bigger piece of plastic around his blaster, rather than the rubber bands. But that looks like it would be a pain to get on there too.

iguanabytes
03-10-2002, 11:57 AM
"I never thought of that to fix the hands. Will the hand retain the shape after it is cooled off?"

it retains the shape much better if you cool it quickly, with cold water or ice... not perfect, but it works

"Chances are though, I won't do it. I'd probably melt his hand...burn myself, set something on fire I'm sure. "

trust in the force, Starfig873... but seriously: it's pretty safe. hold the figure while you are heating it, and you can gauge the heat. and the figure can be manipulated easily when it's still not too hot to work by hand.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Ah i might try that on my POTJ Sandtrooper, the SOB can't hold the gun properly. Anyone have ani idea to "harden" weapons?

:)

JEDIpartner
03-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Eeth Koth! That guy can't hold his lightsaber at all! It just flops around in his hand when you move his gravity defying sleeved arm into different positions!!! Garbage from "A" to beyond the alphabet!

iguanabytes
03-11-2002, 09:26 AM
he's a tricky one. this should work on him too, but he may require more than one treatment. any votes on worst grip of POTF2?

spacelord
03-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Hoth Han Solo. With some glue and some luck, he could point a weapon at someone about 45 degrees to his left. Maybe he knows karate?

iguanabytes
03-11-2002, 09:44 AM
ooooo. I was thinking zuckuss. I had blocked hoth Han from my mind...AAAUGH! Flashback!

Jayspawn
03-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Thats not to bad an idea iguanabytes. I may have to try that with problem figures.