PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball 2013

Tycho
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM
With the World Series over and new teams for the 2013 season's campaign starting to take form, let's have a home for next season's discussion!

I've nothing good to post.

Jason Marquis opted for Free Agency from the Padres. He's good. Maybe your team will pick him up?

And Yasmani Grandal, our best-hitting catcher, caught a 50-day game suspension for performance enhancement drugs.

The winter meetings are coming up so we'll have a new thread to post the 2013 news.

The 2012 thread can continue with the post-season awards discussion, btw.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Good to see that the recession is over, at least in southern CA. Geez, Dodger$ and Angel$.

Tycho
12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
The Angels are my AL team. It's a 90 minute drive to their park from San Diego - possibly faster by AmTrack.

I grew up going to the Angels' Stadium (Disneyland is across the street). I'm going to have to see some more games up there this year. But hopefully my Padres are going to be doing awesome!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Pirates dump their closer for Red Sox prospects. :( But they sign a middle reliever.

DarthQuack
12-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Let's go Yankees!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone ABLE to watch the World BB Classic? When are games on? WHERE are games being played? :confused: Who's on the US team, anyway? :o (What's on second, IIRC)

JimJamBonds
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
They are on the MLB network. I'm currently in Mesa for spring training and we talked about going to see USA v Italy last night but it didn't happen.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-10-2013, 08:38 PM
And ESPN had the same game on en Espanol today, as part of its Noche Latina coverage.

Tycho
03-11-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm watching (actually DVR) both the World Classic and Angels' spring training. I'm very jealous JimJamBonds. I have about $5K expsenses for my 2nd novel coming up and so I elected not to do Spring Training this year. I've become such a regular that I bet Phoenix misses me.

Where are you staying and what (if any) team are you particularly going to see in Arizona?

JimJamBonds
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
I (we, there were 4 of us) stayed in Mesa at the Dobson Ranch Inn. Apparently the Cubs used to stay there, I'm not sure if that is true but that is what I heard. We saw the Brewers/DBacks, Brewers/Rangers, Giants/Royals and the Brewers/Giants. We talked about going to the USA/Italy game on Saturday night but I couldn't talk my buddies into it.

Tycho
03-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Oh you should go to the USA vs Italy game! I would love to see that live. I go to Spring Training by myself and various friends meet me at times. Otherwise I meet my team's fans (Padres / Angels) who are there anyway and I know some of our players that I visit with.

I guess I just do what I want on my trip, regardless of what anyone else is doing. I'm like that - meaning no disrespect, but not sacraficing my own vacation time of course.

Hey I did do that Arizona Speedway thing - with the miniature indoor racecar course while I was there. That's a lot of fun for a group of friends. They're pretty strict about running a demolition derby in there though. I actually went with a pro-baseball player on my team and the staff was pretty hard on him since I guess they figured he could pay to replace their cars if we seriously damaged anything (we did not!) but it was a lot of fun. I have a video of us racing on my Facebook page and I did this total spin-out and slammed into him - now THAT was podracing!

I also went to the Challenger Space Musuem with Yoda. Yes - with Master Yoda for real. I have pictures of us on our simulated space shuttle mission. But Yoda just sat there like a stuffed animal and I had to do all the work of the pilot and co-pilot. Maybe he was trying to train me?

Anyway, I love the Padres' home stadium (Peroria Sports Complex) where I stay by, but Maryvale (the Brewers) and Surprise (the Rangers) were nice ballparks, as is Daiblo - where the Angels play - but there's hardly any shade at Diablo. Trying to remember the name of the Whitesox / Dodgers' facility. That was alright. It felt like a Double-A field - quaint is the word, I guess.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
U-S-A! U-S-A! Uh, wait, I mean... go territory of the USA? That's what can happen when you don't send your best players, or simply cobble together a team of people without cohesion and practice. :(

JimJamBonds
03-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Oh you should go to the USA vs Italy game! I would love to see that live.I would've loved to have gone as well. But there were 3 other people there with me and they seemed less interested in going so I didn't lobby all that hard about going. We did go to Cooperstown on Sunday night so I did get to go past Chase Field. #ascloseasIcouldget

Tycho
03-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Lot of the players don't want to risk injury. However, Chase Headley was injured in Spring Training so it doesn't make a whole ton of difference - playing in the Classic.

You have to try just as hard in Spring Training.

Injuries go with the game. For example, Ron Washington's been hit hard in his ego twice now ;)

*Actually, I have a lot of respect for he and the Rangers who have never given up and made it that far - twice.

Bruce Bochy just does it better.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-02-2013, 06:37 PM
The :Pirate:s won't lose today! :thumbsup: Because after yesterday's Opening Day loss?!? to the Cubs?!? at home?!? getting 3 total hits?!?, they aren't on today's schedule! :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Pittsburgh's in 1st place! :D

And so are four other NL Central clubs. So what? :pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey, every MLB team has both 1+ wins and 1+ losses after less than a week to the season. And, in order to start a flame war, the Designated Hitter is 40 years old today; discuss!

p.s. Did I say "in 1st place"? I meant, "tied for the worst in the majors" today. :(

Tycho
04-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Grienke had it coming. However I'd agree that he was injured worse than he deserved.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Two wins in a row over Cincy put the Buccos a game under .500 and tied with them for 2nd. Their starting pitching's been pretty good so far, the hitting just needs to improve (lowest batting avg., slugging, & OB %; and tied for 2nd-worst runs scored in all of MLB).

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Wow; what a difference a few months makes. If the Cards lose tonight, the :Pirate:s would be tied with them for the best record in baseball. Even if not, it'd be the 2nd-best, but they'd only host the one-game Wild Card. And the name "Puig" hasn't been posted in this thread at all. All Star break starts, with the "game" on Tuesday. Debate the various issues surrounding the Mid-Summer Classic, if you wish.

Tycho
07-15-2013, 01:38 AM
How about the Giant's runner on the infield grass (OUT OF THE BASELINE) getting awarded 3rd base while my manager Buddy Black is thrown out of the game.

And Tim Lincecum embarrassing us?

I heard Detroit wants to bid for Lincecum. Don't bother Tigers. He had one great game but he's going to be washing up.

Anyway, we beat SF 10-1 today after they knocked us around good for 2 games, actually taking 3 and beating my poor Padres since Thursday in a 4-game series.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Not a good sign: :Pirate:s do win, but closer Grilli leaves with a pitching arm injury. :(

And will Ryan Braun be the first of several (many?) PED suspensions?

Tycho
07-25-2013, 12:35 AM
I read an article about Ryan Braun shaming all Jewish-American athletes.

That's pretty harsh. Their argument was he was at the top of the MLB game and most looked upon as a role model.

Whatever. This is the 2nd time for Braun. Why is it so surprising?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Wow. :Pirate:s sweep a doubleheader with St. Louis to re-take the division lead with the best record in MLB, heading into the trade deadline.

JimJamBonds
08-03-2013, 06:14 PM
They also took the 3rd game as well iirc. They've been so bad for so long they are the team I'm hoping for does some damage come October. (presuming they hold onto a winning season for the first time since what 92?)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM
The Buccos had a chance to sweep a five-game Cardinals series (when does that ever happen, even playing five?) but were shut out in a football score of 13-0 on Thu. I attended their penultimate playoff home game (at Three Rivers) in the NL Championship Series of 1992 (they lost :mad: ), the last year they had at least 81 wins in a season.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
The Pirates are still going well; a nice 9-2 homestand. Raise the Jolly Roger! :Pirate: Arrr!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2013, 08:05 PM
They're still hanging in there, atop the NL Central, but the lead is tighter due to series losses to Colorado, St. Louis, and Arizona. :( August doesn't matter as much as final results in late September. Arr! :Pirate: :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
08-18-2013, 09:58 PM
They're still hanging in there, atop the NL Central, but the lead is tighter due to series losses to Colorado, St. Louis, and Arizona. :( August doesn't matter as much as final results in late September. Arr! :Pirate: :thumbsup:You're welcome for the series loss by Cincy. The only role my 'boys' can play here on out is spoiler, with all but 2 series here on out against NL Central teams.

Tycho
08-19-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry to say I turned down a chance to go see the Pirates vs. my Padres tonight.

I have been on a role with my writing. I'm taking an hour break to play on the internet, but that's very different from a 5 hour break to play at the ballgame.

Go Padres! Beat the Bucks!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry to say I turned down a chance to go see the Pirates vs. my Padres tonight.

I have been on a role with my writing. I'm taking an hour break to play on the internet, but that's very different from a 5 hour break to play at the ballgame.

Go Padres! Beat the Bucks!Well, if the Padres switch to basketball, they can beat a team from Milwaukee. ;) Bring your laptop to the game, Tycho, or write notes on a napkin (all great writers have napkin-idea stories to tell, right?). Go Bucs, beat the Fryers! :rolleyes:

Tycho
08-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Friars. Like Friar Tuck, not as in "fried chicken."

When I have writing ideas, I always e-mail myself so I don't forget!

But I love baseball so much I can concentrate on little else at the games.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2013, 08:38 PM
I did put a smiley after "fryers," you know. ;) And congrats on your win today, Tycho. :Pirate:s on to play Los Gigantes up north.

TeeEye7
08-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Scully for one more year! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I saw Los Doiyers at Chavez Ravine about a week ago. He was on the big screen.

Tycho
08-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Awesome Bel-Cam. It's a nice photograph even if it was taken of the enemy's territory. ;)

Baseball fields are beautiful things though.

Remember looking out the window when you're flying in a plane? Baseball fields are the most striking image across the entire landscape.

This is why the moon is so dull, as is even flying over certain other countries. There are no baseball diamonds to be seen.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2013, 08:56 AM
It was odd to attend a baseball game in which I had no rooting interest either way (Dodgers vs. Mets).

But don't be too quick to say the moon has no baseball, especially near Pittsburgh: http://www.moonbaseball.com/ :o

And the Cards have caught the Buccos at the top of the NL Central.

JimJamBonds
08-25-2013, 10:08 PM
It was odd to attend a baseball game in which I had no rooting interest either way (Dodgers vs. Mets).
I felt the same way during spring training when I saw the Giants play the Royals.

And the Cards have caught the Buccos at the top of the NL Central.
I think the Reds, Cards and Pburg will all be at the top of the NL Central at some point over the last month of the season.

Tycho
08-26-2013, 04:39 AM
NL

w - LA
C - ???
E - AT

AL

w - OK or Tx ?
C - DT!
E - BS

Series:

AT vs BS

In other news, my Padres went 15 innings vs. the Cubs yesterday. San Diego won. A friend that went to the game said it was boring and frustrating though.

The Pads left 16 runners stranded. So I think it must have gotten exciting in many innings as the tension peaked (until the obvious let-down).

Japan beat San Diego in its 2nd in a row LL WS.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Back in 1st! Raise the Jolly Roger! :Pirate: Arr!

JimJamBonds
09-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Back in 1st! Raise the Jolly Roger! :Pirate: Arr!

So I just checked the standings and unless the Pirates go 2-23 in their final 25 games of the season they will finally have a winning season. Mazel tov!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2013, 06:54 PM
81 wins. I repeat, in larger, black and gold font:

81 wins!!!

Twenty years is a long time to wait for a winner; my entire life as an Internet contributor has been without a winning (or even average) Pirates team in existence. Keep it going, Buccos! :Pirate: Arr!!

JimJamBonds
09-04-2013, 09:53 PM
81 wins. I repeat, in larger, black and gold font:

81 wins!!!

Twenty years is a long time to wait for a winner; my entire life as an Internet contributor has been without a winning (or even average) Pirates team in existence. Keep it going, Buccos! :Pirate: Arr!!

Lets save that for 1 more win.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2013, 07:10 PM
I heard that the family of Roberto Clemente hoped that the losing-record streak would not get to 21 years, so that his jersey number wouldn't be attached to such a terrible feat. A 2013 World Series banner in the 21st season since would be a lovely tribute (too soon to hope?). :D

Darth Metalmute
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Would love to see a Detroit - Pittsburgh World Series.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Lets save that for 1 more win.And then some. Back in first! Time to make a statement on this 11-game home stand, before the last 6 on the road. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Like a horserace with St. Louis: back and forth between up 1, down 1, even in the Central. And Cincy is still lurking like a non-registered SSG guest on the boards. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2013, 08:19 PM
We need more International Talk-Like-A-:Pirate: days! God was favor of the Padres the past three games against the Seven Seas Sailers, but today they get a win. Now the Buccos get three against the Reds to close out their home games for the season, then six on the road to end the year (3 @ Chicago, 3 @ Cincy). The other Central teams? St. Louis has 3 in Milwaukee (c'mon JJB's squad! ), and a home stand to end it with the Sens and Cubbies. Cincy is home to the Mets in between the Pittsburgh games. Gotta root for the Brew Crew and Metropolitans!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-21-2013, 08:37 AM
That's two gut-wrenching 9th-inning losses this week. :( Pirates used to be money with their bullpen; maybe it's time to re-insert Grilli in the closer spot, with Melancon back as set-up man. The Buccs really need these last two home games, then it's on to the Windy and Queen Cities to see if Pittsburgh is playoff-worthy. :thumbsup:

Tycho
09-23-2013, 07:04 AM
I am enjoying your enthusiasm Bel-Cam.

I have no feelings one way or the other for the Pirates, but it's nice to see a former underdog climb up the ladder.

I still think it's going to be Atlanta vs Boston.

In other news, I went to Friday and Saturday night Padres games with the visiting Dodgers. We won on Friday when LA just put in their 2nd stringers. Huston Street struck out Matt Kemp to end the game.

Then they played their regulars on Saturday and shut us out 4-0 (Kershaw was pitching).

I heard Grienke pitched today but I've been working on my novels and ignored baseball and football though I heard the Chargers lost to Tennessee.

I will check the Padres' score here.... Loss 1-0. L.A. got one run in the 7th as Andrew Cashner pitched really well for us. He throws 104 and we got him from the Cubs for Anthony Rizzo. I think it was our best trade in recent years.

We got Clayton Richard in part of the deal for Jake Peavy and that worked out pretty well, but I'd rather have Peavy.

For Adrian Gonzales, we got Rizzo who got us Cashner. Overall, if we kept Peavy and kept Gonzalez we'd be doing much better.

Meanwhile, we still have Chase Headley but he screwed up grabbing a ball bare-handed on Saturday and I had to sit there and listen to the Dodgers fans make fun of him (and Jesus Guzman who dropped a fly ball to left field). I can't stand Dodgers fans and they shouldn't let them visit my stadium! They're the worst, but when we play L.A., all the fans drive to S.D. and sell out all our seating. I mean the stadium approaches its capacity of 45,000.

I wish there were 45,000 Padres fans.

Just by comparison, and by real example, you get assaulted and stabbed if you wear a rival team's colors to Chavez Canyon (Dodger country).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I was in your town this weekend, Tycho. Family met there for about 30 hours total. Wonderful weather as always, not too many crowds, either. I kept away from Petco during game times, though.

Oh, and the :Pirate:s ended their home schedule with a big loss. Overconfident, eh, Cincy? ;)

Tycho
09-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Sorry the Dodgers had to be here when you week. It's a great park to see a baseball game in

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2013, 11:42 PM
I have seen two games there, IIRC. In fact, I've seen Padres games in three SD stadiums: Jack Murphy, Qualcomm, and Petco.

Oh, in case you missed it today...

THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES CLINCHED AT LEAST A WILD CARD SPOT.

After 20 years of crawlin', bottled up inside them. Torn wins and shattered dreams, was more than fans could stand. Five more games to try and win the NL Central, or at least host that WC play-in game.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2013, 11:24 PM
I seem to have hijacked this thread lately, but when for 20 years you do not win, brag so much, you may do, hmm? :Pirate: Arr.

Well, it's come down to this: Pirates sweep the Reds, Cardinals lose their last three to the Cubs, and Pittsburgh and St. Louis tie for the NL Central lead (I think that means a one-game "playoff" to determine who wins the division and who gets Cincinnati in the "real" Wild Card play-in game). Or, Pirates win at least two or three vs. the Reds and they get to host that play-in game to play the Braves or Dodgers, maybe.

I'll wait until Sunday to see how everything plays out.

Darth Metalmute
09-26-2013, 07:49 PM
I played my baseball game and it ended up Pittsburgh vs Detroit for the World Series title. I would love to see that series, as i mentioned before.

Currently, I am hoping for the Indians, Rangers, and Rays to tie for the wild card spots.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Here's what I'd like:

NL West: Dodgers (duh)
NL East: Braves (duh)
NL Central: Cards have locked it up, if their lead tonight holds up
NL Wild Card: Reds lose at Pirates

Pirates win at Braves
Cards win over Dodgers

Pirates take out Cards

AL West: A's (duh)
AL East: BoSox (duh)
AL Central: Tigers (duh)
AL Wild Card: Cleveland wins at Rays

Cleveland wins at A's
Tigers win at Red Sox

Cleveland get by Tigers

Pirates get 6th World Series title over Cleveland!

Darth Metalmute
09-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Cleveland would never get by the Tigers...
But you have the format backwards. A's and Tigers will meet in the ALDS.

We are only one Indians loss away from that 3-way tie! Chaos will ensue!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Cleveland would never get by the Tigers...
But you have the format backwards. A's and Tigers will meet in the ALDS.

We are only one Indians loss away from that 3-way tie! Chaos will ensue!It was a guess, just like the NL matchups might be off, too.

It's not so chaotic, if you believe the analysts: winner of AL WC game 1 plays winner of AL WC game 2, with that winner playing Boston. Easy! Right?

Darth Metalmute
09-29-2013, 07:24 PM
I can't believe how close we were from chaos. Stupid Indians.

Tycho
09-30-2013, 05:18 AM
Boston and Atlanta.

Almost enough said. (I'm rooting for Boston btw - the Padres were once their farm team and I have good Red Sox fan friends - though I acknowledge and love my friends who are fans of some other contending teams).

I am really happy for my Pittsburgh Pirate fans - especially Bel-Cam Jos. His enthusiasm is awesome and I love baseball. That's why I am here in this thread.

As to why I am not rooting for California teams?

I have no feelings one way or the other towards Oakland. It would be good for that city if they can make it.

But the Dodgers...their fans made me leave the Saturday night game at my home field early because our left fielder and 3rd baseman made errors and the L.A. fans shouted their names as in "Guzman Sucks!" and "Headley Sucks!" over and over again for 4 innings (like the 3rd through 7th) and then began chanting "F SD! F SD" but said it all out (can't post it on these forums). They were getting kicked out but it was enough that our stadium gets taken over by whole sections of Dodger fans since it's only a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive for them to come down here and get drunk and start fights because a Padres baseball ticket can cost as little as $5 - less than a movie! for a park pass and from there they go everywhere and be obnoxious Los Angelinos.

I want the asteroid from "Armageddon" to hit Dodger stadium when they have a full home game!

(OK - no not really but it felt good to write that.)

Meanwhile, the Braves got on top and maintained the whole season. (St. Louis surpassed them by 1 win, I think)

Boston had the best record in the AL.

But let's go Boston.

One last note to my Tiger fan friends. I like you guys. I don't think you can do it, that's all.

Slicker: the Tigers come to Petco Park next year for interleague. We should plan on you coming out here. I just haven't had an opportunity to talk to you about it yet.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2013, 10:31 PM
WOO HOO!

Raise the Jolly Roger! On to St. Louis! :Pirate: Arr!!

Maradona
10-02-2013, 11:27 PM
You've endured quite a draught, BCJ.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I wasn't surprised at yesterday's loss (well, maybe losing by so much), after the Wild Card exuberance at home. But game 2's win today means if the Buccos can hold form at home the next two: onto the NLCS! If they play the Dodgers? See a game in person out here in LA? :D

Maradona
10-05-2013, 09:23 AM
I live up the street from Dodger Stadium, so if you decide to go, you can save on parking.

And I meant "drought" in my previous posting. Stupid iPhone autocorrect must have made it into "draught," which may have been true, nonetheless, depending on how much you drank.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-06-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm not a drinker, not even Iron City Beer. But after today's win... if it goes further... :Pirate: Arr!

Tycho
10-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Congratulations to the Dodger fans here. [It takes a lot for a Padre to say that.]

Nice to see the Pirates playing so well.

Boston is my team in this. And they stopped the Rays.

I was surprised the Braves were eliminated, but L.A. just has more talented players.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2013, 09:23 AM
It was a good ride while it lasted. Great return-to-quality, Pirates! :thumbsup: Now, I guess all my support chips are in on Detroit. Unless St. Louis sweeps the next two series for the title; then I can claim, like 1990, that the Bucs were the only team to beat the eventual WS champ in the playoffs (Cincy was 4-2 in the NLCS, and 4-0 over Oakland).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-19-2013, 08:59 AM
So, will it be a recent rematch of the 2004 World Series, or a recent rematch of the 2006 World Series, now? As I said, I'd love for Detroit to be able to come back and ride that wave of mo' to their first title since 1984.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-20-2013, 09:19 AM
... and, now I couldn't care less about the matchup. Go 2013 World Series participants! Win those four games! (quickly, so less evening FOX programs get bumped).

Darth Metalmute
10-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Baseball ended for me last night...

Bel-Cam Jos
10-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Two weird endings the past two WS games. I'm routing for a 6-game series win for St. Loouie. Or a tie, 3.5 wins to 3.5.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Woo hoo! Baseball's over! Wonder who'll get the awards (hoping for :Pirate:s McCutcheon as MVP and Hurdle as Manager).

JimJamBonds
11-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Congrats Beantown, unfortunately you're victory may have made the idea I had for a quick trip to see Fenway in April financially not possible.

Tycho
11-04-2013, 09:50 AM
I bought my tickets to see the Padres play in Fenway back in 2011 right on the first day tickets went on sale.

I got them from the Red Sox box office so it wasn't too expensive.

Because I wanted my seats on the Padres' (visitors') dugout, they were $200 a night for 3 games.

It was totally fun and I never regretted spending it.

I made a lot of friends in Boston, but especially with a great girl that was a Red Sox "bobbie sox girl" and now works for their front office. We talk all the time and she'd be such a great girlfriend for me!

She now works for the Red Sox front office and will come to stay with me when Boston visits San Diego in interleague.

My Red Sox vacation made me a fan (well I rooted for the Padres while I was there and we took 2 of 3!) so I completely enjoyed Boston's victory. It happened the night of my Grandpa's funeral services as well, so it lifted my spirits as did talking to my friend while she was there, partying live on Fenway's field following the victory.

JimJamBonds
11-04-2013, 07:42 PM
That's "not that bad", actually thats a really good price. The thing that scares me is that the Brewers/Red Sox series is Boston's home opener so there could be a ton of people wanting to go so who knows what that will do to prices. There are a few people that have shown interest in going, so I guess I need to get everybody together and find out what each is willing to pay for a ticket. (we'd go to the Saturday game)

But, thanks for the ideas on a way of going about things Tycho. I guess I'm the unoffical planner of this circus so I guess I should look into all my options.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Well, :Pirate: SP Francisco Liriano gets the NL Comeback Player award. More to come?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-13-2013, 06:39 PM
More to come?Yes: Clint Hurdle wins his first, and the :Pirate:s' third (Leyland won twice in the '90s) Manager Del Ano.

Maradona
11-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes: Clint Hurdle wins his first, and the :Pirate:s' third (Leyland won twice in the '90s) Manager Del Ano.

Unless you use the "" when you spell that, Manager of the Rear Orifice is what you wrote in Spanish here, sir.

Darth Metalmute
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Tigers sweep the MVP and Cy Young for the second time in 3 years... Yet no World Series Rings... sigh...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Unless you use the "" when you spell that, Manager of the Rear Orifice is what you wrote in Spanish here, sir.I can't ever seem to get the ~n to work right, no matter what hints and F keys people tell me to use!

But Dred Pirate Andrew wins the first Pittsburgh MVP since some skinny LF with a famous father MLB player did in '92... and then left for San Fransteroid.