PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyers in Ep II

DarkArtist
03-10-2002, 10:43 AM
:crazed:
I wouldn't believ it unless I saw it with my own eyes, but if your look closely at certain scences in the new trailer you can see a pre design to the powerful ships of the original Star Wars.
Can't wait to see these babies back in action on the big screen. The Empire is coming soon. :crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
03-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Didn't JediPartnr have schematics from the DK books posted in the book section with those republic dropship thingies ( i forget what they are called) a while ago? maybe he could drop a jpg in here as well so we can all take a second gander.

JediTricks
03-10-2002, 12:51 PM
This seems like a spoiler, so I'm moving it to the spoiler section.

I believe there are 3 sizes of "Star Destroyer"-shaped ships in Ep 2, the largest one (the Republic Assault Ship) is a big space craft, but looks probably only 1/3rd the size of a Star Destroyer or less.

Jargo
03-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Three? I count two including the debateable jedi starfighter and the Republic assault craft that ferries the Clones and republic attack gunships to geonosis. What's the third?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the ships at the finale battle. From the spoilers there seems to be a load of cool new vehicles. All with shades of the Empire to them. AT-TE's based on the Walker design but smaller and with more legs, The Neimoidian ships are like mini death stars. The jedi starfighter looks more like a rebel A-wing to me though. And there's federation droid fighters again based on the TIE interceptor shape. Wicked! I really liked those droid starfighters in TPM especially when they walk. I wish hasbro would make a new one to scale. Twice as high as a battle droid. cool... :)

here's the republic assault craft...

DarkArtist
03-10-2002, 04:44 PM
:crazed:
I was refering to the images posted on sirsteve's website that shows in the background a star destroyer type ship, not the republic battle ship. In the one picture it shows the republic gunship in the front and a massive wedge shaped ship floating in the background.

I also agree, Hasbro should remake the droid starfighter and make it more realistic. Perhaps they will in a different assortment of the AOTC Figures.

I heard that at Celebration II They will be showing a fifth exclusive trailer of AOTC that will not be released till after the movie is in the theaters.:crazed: :D :D :crazed:

Beast
03-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DarkArtist
:crazed: I was refering to the images posted on sirsteve's website that shows in the background a star destroyer type ship, not the republic battle ship. In the one picture it shows the republic gunship in the front and a massive wedge shaped ship floating in the background.
That is the Republic Assault Ship in the photos. Just compare the two pictures. The ship is obviously a precursor to the Star Destroyer. Star Destroyers are just newer and larger models. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-11-2002, 12:02 PM
I know Uncle George is running out of ideas, but I highly doubt that he would have the same type of design for two different ships in the same film.

Thank you, Jargo for the assist in dropping that Cross-sections schematic in there for me! :)

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Maybe we'll be lucky enought to see the StarDestroyers in Episode III, but I'm very happy to see the begining of the Empire's dreaded ships...

JediTricks
03-11-2002, 11:40 PM
I thought I saw a ship sized more like a Trade Federation MTT somewhere, but I forget where. As for the Jedi Starfighter, from above, it looks like the same shape as the Super Star Destroyer, to me anyway.

Plus, the official site says so: http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/delta7/bts.html

;)

Co Jo-Da
03-13-2002, 12:02 AM
What if you blend a Jedi Fighter and a Republic Cruiser together I think you get a big bad Star Destroyer...

Sith Vicious
03-16-2002, 06:58 PM
In the Essential Guide to Vehicles book, there is something called a Victory Class Star Destroyer which was a predecessor to the Imperial Class (the one seen in ANH). Maybe that's what was in the trailer.

Jargo
03-16-2002, 07:38 PM
What a crock of ****! Derived from a star destroyer my backside!!!!!!! It's derived from a triangle and an A-wing and a need to conveniently 'wedgie in' designs to make everything tie up neatly. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
They'll be telling us next that Wookiees are a distant cousin of the Ewok. Or that there can be only two Sith at any one time 'in the same room'.
Notice how they say that the starfighter is 'derived' from the star destroyer not that the star destroyer is derived from the starfighter? contradicting what George says in the making of documentary. George clearly states that the starfighter is the basis of the star destroyer. "Ultimately that's where all these ships grew out of" is what he states. But clearly the star destroyer is based on the republic cruiser. It's patently obvious that if the republic already has these huge lumbering ships then they're just going to build bigger versions of that. They're not going to go to the trouble of taking a tiny fighter craft and spend years making it bigger and bigger until it gets to republic cruiser size and then make it bigger again. That's just ludicrous. The Jedi starfighter has nothing to do with the evolution of the star destroyer and they know it but they're trying to cover George's goof for him. Shot yourselves in the foot there didn't you guys? HAHAHA!!! :crazed:

corporal AMF
03-18-2002, 02:39 PM
All this derivation is making me ill:frus: !!
Now I don't mind if GL or yhe ILM guys make the death star derivate from a battle droid!!:mad: