PDA

View Full Version : If? Could? How?

PloKoon2385
03-10-2002, 04:13 PM
I was wondering, hypothetically, subjectively, what you think about the following.
If Qui-Gon had trained Anakin, do you think he could have trained him better and he wouldn't have turned?
If Yoda had trained Luke from the beginning, would he have destroyed Vader and never found out the truth?
Does Yoda like Obi-Wan? (he didn't look like it in Ep. I, but in Ep V and VI he did)
I think that Qui-Gon could have trained him much better because he was more experienced. Also because Anakin had started to build a relationship with him and when Qui-gon was killed, it angered Anakin a bit.
I don't think Yoda could have trained Luke better because Ben had a "connection" with the Skywalkers already and probably would have learned from his experiences.
I think that Yoda respects Obi-Wan, although he doesn't like him like a friend (this could change in Ep.II) This relationship is similar to his and Qui-Gon's.
What do you think?
:confused:

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 01:02 AM
I think Anakin's fall to the dark side is a direct result of being separated from his mother and from being emotionally involved with that tart, Padme. I think who trained him is irrelevant. Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Yoda; It makes no difference. That trampy Padme still breaks his heart and sends him into Palpatine's manipulative little paws.

PloKoon2385
03-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Those are interesting points, Rollo. I took that into account also, but I still think that perhaps a more experienced Jedi could have trained him better. Obi Wan says in the trilogy, something like "I thought I could train him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong." So, I think that shows that Obi-Wan even knew he wasn't good enough.

El Chuxter
03-11-2002, 06:50 PM
1. Possibly. Part of Ani's problem is that his Master wasn't quite experienced enough to know how to deal with such a rebellious and powerful student. But then again, Qui-Gon's even flakier than Obi-Wan, so it may have turned out worse.

2. No. The Jedi Order may have its faults, but flat-out manipulation isn't one of them. Yoda would have done as he said in ROTJ: he'd have told Luke later on in his training, when he was ready. Luke probably would've tried to save his father anyway, though due to timing it would have happened under different circumstances and turned out differently.

3. Yes. Yoda has no reason to dislike Obi-Wan. At the end of TPM, I saw his response to Obi-Wan's defiance as more of a lament that he took after his former master to such a degree. If we only went by what Yoda says, he doesn't like Luke, either.