PDA

View Full Version : Scalpers on SSG

SithDroid
03-10-2002, 03:31 PM
I may be wrong about this, so if I am please excuse me, but is it just me or does anyone else here get really annoyed when someone registers as a SSG member and then posts that they are selling a ton of their figures at scalper prices? I have noticed this a lot because their post count is always 0 and more recently by star wars guy trying to sell a re-tooled vader and R2-D2 w/holo leia for $200. I understand the need to get rid of figures that you have no need for, and I can also understand trying to make some money when you need some, and I can understand some people are only selling them at that price to protect their investment because that is what they paid for them, but is this really the place for it? Isn't an auction site like ebay a more fitting place for someone to sell these figures? Also I'd like to think that SSG members would be more interested in helping fellow SW collectors out if they were/are in need of something instead of making money off of them. Just ask Sidiously Darth. I helped him track down a comic that he was looking for and I asked nothing in return. Knowing that I helped him out was enough for me. Anyone agree with me here or am I just :crazed: ?

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 03:46 PM
I HATE SCALPERS!!
That being said I agree. I have been weighing the option of listing something here under trades or if I should re-list it on eBay. I'm kinda torn. I want to get at least what I paid for it, but at the same time I'd like to get some cool SW stuff to add to my collection :confused:

2-1B
03-10-2002, 04:58 PM
It's my understanding that when someone posts in the Trading section, they do not get "credit" for their post. I'm sure there are alot of long time users with few posts because they are primarily interested in trading :)

If someone is asking scalper prices, I doubt there are many folks here who would pay that much. :confused: But that wouldn't stop new people from trying to sell their items.

Dar' Argol, give the trading section a try ! :) I often see posts praising others for their help and honesty, and I agree you could probably get some neat items.

SirSteve
04-04-2002, 02:37 PM
If you post in they buy/sell/trade section, your post count does NOT increase. None of us likes scalper but be sure you know what a scalper is before you accuse someone of being one.

vulcantouch
04-05-2002, 07:56 AM
. . .i'm quite clear (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=20&PID=1590) about what i consider a scalper :cool: