PDA

View Full Version : DVD Deleted Scenes

Jek Porky 2002
03-10-2002, 05:55 PM
If they where to put deleted scenes from the origional trilogy DVD which ones would you like to see?

SithDroid
03-10-2002, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see a comparison of the Original guy that played Jabba to the SE version we got.

Apparently there are a couple of lost scenes involving Biggs and a girl Luke likes. I'd like to see these.

A section for audition footage of the original actors.

The From SW to Jedi footage on a separate disc.

Stuff I'd like DELETED from the Special Edition:

ANH

1. Greedo firing first. Get rid of this. Every single SW fan I know hates this moment. We can only hope it will stay the way it originally was back in 1977.

2. Re-color Jabba. The coloring on him is horrible and you can totally tell that he is a CGI character. The colors are not even close to the ROTJ Jabba. I know it is about 4-5 years between when ANH and ROTJ take place, but he couldn't have changed color that much.

3. Get rid of Ketwol. Give Lak Sivrak his scene back.

4. The approach on the city. I can live with it, but I'd like to see the ASP Droid not knock out the other droid. It looks childish.

5. Re-color the lightsabers. The coloring on these was not fixed. Luke's lightsaber has a greenish quality to it when he uses it in Obi-Wan's house. Later on when he is using it on the Falcon against the practice droid it is completely white. If it is indeed the same lightsaber Luke uses in ESB then it should be blue. Also Darth Vader's lightsaber is white in one scene (from a distance) and should be fixed.

ESB

I was fairly pleased with the SE of ESB. Nothing really detracted fromthe film. The new Wampa scene was good and the flight into cloud city was well done. Only two things I'd change.

1. Luke's pathetic scream after he jumps off the platform. It is absolutely horrible.

2. Making cloud city more open by using CGI windows.

ROTJ

1. Bring back the original Jabba's Palace song and get rid of the whole Jedirocks sequence. This scene looks childish and absolutely dumb. Give me some puppets any day of the week over some stupid CGI characters.

2. Bring back the original Ewok song. I liked it much better than the SE one.

Everything else I can live with.

2-1B
03-10-2002, 07:56 PM
I'd like to see that ESB scene with the Snowtroopers happening across the locked up Wampas. A few years back, Anthony Daniels described the events in his Insider column, and there was a pic of Threeps tearing off a warning sign from the door.

I am curious to see how this comes across on camera, was it funny? And if so, how? Would it ruin the suspense in that scene or provide comic relief instead?

:)

LTBasker
03-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I'd like to see all the scenes I know of. :D Which is:

ANH:
Luke working on a vaporator and seeing the fight through his electrobinoculars.
Luke talking to Biggs at Toche Station
The original Cantina scene, maybe with some revisions, and Greedo NOT shooting.

ESB:
Han, Leia and 3PO running to the Falcon and 3PO pulling a sign off a door of a room containing Wampas which Snowtroopers unknowingly run into.

ROTJ:
Everyone meeting at the Falcon and Luke's X-wing on Tatooine during a sandstorm after they escape Jabba.

SithDroid
03-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I'd like to see that ESB scene with the Snowtroopers happening across the locked up Wampas. A few years back, Anthony Daniels described the events in his Insider column, and there was a pic of Threeps tearing off a warning sign from the door.

I am curious to see how this comes across on camera, was it funny? And if so, how? Would it ruin the suspense in that scene or provide comic relief instead?

:)

Perhaps GL didn't think that that kind of humor was appropriate. But then again this coming from a guy who created the most annoyingly stupid character in the history of Film, Jar Jar.

dr_evazan22
03-10-2002, 11:43 PM
For ANH:

1. The Greedo scene, put back to original.

2. Get rid of the Jabba scene.

3. Get rid of the approach to Mos Eisley. The part where the speeder goes past the "scurriers" looks terrible!

For ESB:

1. Get rid of New Cloud City and bring back Old Cloud City.

For ROTJ:

1. Get rid of Jedi Rocks- it sounds too much like a Sat Morning Song- or at least re-do it so it sounds cool, like Conjunction Junction, or A Bill on Capital Hill!

And, to all 3, clean up the effects. Get rid of the matte lines, the picture "jump" from when a 'saber is on then switched off... that kind of stuff.

2-1B
03-10-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
For ANH:
1. The Greedo scene, put back to original.

Good point, (no)thanks to the Special Edition, Greedo's cold blaster is an officially deleted scene :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 12:51 AM
Supposedly there's an alternate cut of ANH with different angles and such, including a scene in the Death Star where the trio of heroes sneak past an Imperial checkpoint by hiding their blasters behind their backs and whistling and looking at the cieling. Some guy reviewed it in a SW Insider a few years back.

The ANH Cut scenes of Luke at the vaporator, Luke, Biggs, Camie, Fixer and the others in Anchorhead, and an alternate Cantina scene where Han has a girlfriend are on the "Behind The Magic" Cd-Rom.

The "Wampa scene" from ESB was cut because even though they shot the scene where 3PO pulls the sticker off the door(it even made it into a trailer), and the Snowtroopers go in and presumably get the stuffing GONK!ed out of them. But they never shot any of the story leading up to that scene. the subplot involving wampas invading Echo Base was nixed before it got shot and their are only fleeting references in the remaining film (the dead tauntaun, and Leia saying 'then it couldn't be one of those creatures.") So without explaining what the wampas were doing in that room in the first place, it would be confusing to show 3PO pulling the sticker off the door.

I think they shot additional scenes of training on Dagobah where Luke is fighting multiple seeker balls like the one he battled on the Falcon in ANH.

I want to see tons of bloopers also.

LTBasker
03-11-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
The "Wampa scene" from ESB was cut because even though they shot the scene where 3PO pulls the sticker off the door(it even made it into a trailer), and the Snowtroopers go in and presumably get the stuffing GONK!ed out of them. But they never shot any of the story leading up to that scene. the subplot involving wampas invading Echo Base was nixed before it got shot and their are only fleeting references in the remaining film (the dead tauntaun, and Leia saying 'then it couldn't be one of those creatures.") So without explaining what the wampas were doing in that room in the first place, it would be confusing to show 3PO pulling the sticker off the door.

I think they shot additional scenes of training on Dagobah where Luke is fighting multiple seeker balls like the one he battled on the Falcon in ANH.

I want to see tons of bloopers also.

Obviously the wampas would've been in there for the Rebels to study, how though, I have no idea, I hope they have some BIG tranqs.

Don't forgot the Dagobah Whack-a-mole scene with Yoda! :D

Bloopers, bloopers are good. :cool:

2-1B
03-11-2002, 02:22 AM
I'd love bloopers too!

The George W Biography showed the ANH "mic was in picture" gaffe, but I think that's a pretty common one.

They put that blooper reel on the TPM DVD, so my hope is that the OT will get the blooper treatment as well :)

JetsAndHeels
03-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Speaking of that blooper reel, what was the code for it again?
I got it one time, but lost it.
Also what screen do you access it on?

Dryanta
03-11-2002, 09:19 PM
I heard of a scene in ROTJ where Vader "Force chokes" two royal guardsmen for trying to keep him from seeing the emporer.
If this was filmed I would love to see it.
I think I heard of this scene in these forums somewhere.
There is only one thing that I would have changed.The Holo of the emporer in ESB.That one scene ruins any and all continuity in the films.Even more so now with basically two more films with the emporer in them.Why wasn't this re shot for the SE?
Oh yeah and Bloopers would be awesome too

LTBasker
03-11-2002, 09:59 PM
How about the scene that is obviously missing from ANH with that Leia from the cover art of the original "Star Wars" VHS release? :rolleyes:

2-1B
03-12-2002, 01:59 AM
I want to see this scene from ROTJ with General Madine gettin' loose on the bridge of his Rebel Cruiser. Maybe THAT will get Crix his new figure :D

hamsterboy
03-12-2002, 02:13 AM
Gotta go with everyone else on the changes. The only thing I would add is the scene from ROTJ where Luke is in Obi-Wan's hut.

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Dryanta
I heard of a scene in ROTJ where Vader "Force chokes" two royal guardsmen for trying to keep him from seeing the emporer.
If this was filmed I would love to see it.
I think I heard of this scene in these forums somewhere.
There is only one thing that I would have changed.The Holo of the emporer in ESB.That one scene ruins any and all continuity in the films.Even more so now with basically two more films with the emporer in them.Why wasn't this re shot for the SE?
Oh yeah and Bloopers would be awesome too
Yes the scene was filmed, and stills of Vader and Moff JerJerrod I believe with a few Stormtroopers in tow walking up to the elevator to Palpy's Throne room have popped up in a few places. Now I wish I could find them. :( I'll start digging thru my websites, and see if I can turn them up.

I also agree, they need to redo the old lady/chimp eyes Emporer hologram for the Archival Editions. Actually there is some talk of doing that. The last I heard was it would shift from the Emporer in hologram in Vader's chamber, to a interior shot on Coruscant of Palpatine speaking to a holographic Darth Vader from his new office. And it was going to show that he has taken over the Jedi temple, and his throne room is the old Jedi council chamber.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:39 AM
Found it. I also found out that while it was originally in the script that it was a royal guard that Vader chokes, it appears it was filmed as him choking Jerjerrod, when he's denied entrance to Palpatine's Throne Room. Here is the script excerpt, as well as the novelization excerpt, and a picture from the filming of the scene. You can read even more at the following link: http://www.cinescape.com/starwars/Editorial.asp?this_cat=Cut+Scenes+Archive&obj_id=24802&aff_id=24

Here is an excerpt from that early draft of the script:

INT DEATH STAR - CORRIDOR TO EMPEROR'S TOWER
Darth Vader walks down the corridor to the Emperor's Tower and private elevator. The Emperor's private guard steps in Vader's path.

GUARD
Halt! The Emperor does not wish to be disturbed at the moment.

VADER
(raising his gloved hand to the two guards and choking them with the Force)
The Emperor will see me, now!

GUARD
(repeating Vader's command)
The Emperor will see you, now.

Here is the passage as it reads in the novelization:

When he reached the elevator to the Emperor's tower, he found the door closed. Red-robed, heavily armed royal guards flanked the shaft, seemingly unaware of Vader's presence. Out of the shadow, an officer stepped forward, directly in Lord Vader`s path, preventing his further approach.

"You may not enter," the officer said evenly.

Vader did not waste words. He raised his hands, fingers outstretched, toward the officer`s throat. Ineffably, the officer began to choke. His knees started buckling, his face turned ashen.

Gasping for air, he spoke again. "It is the...Emperor`s...command."

Like a spring, Vader released the man from his remote grip. The officer, breathing again, sank to the floor, trembling. He rubbed his neck gently.

"I will await his convenience," Vader said. He turned and looked out the view window.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:43 AM
Here is just another angle of Jerjerrod getting choked. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 06:56 AM
Wow, and when do we see the Jerjerrod getting choked figure? :D

I would've loved to have seen the Royal Guards actually interact with Vader, that would've been very interesting, however there is a small plot hole there, he halted when Jerjerrod told him it was the Emperor's wishes, but you'd think the VADER would figure there is a good reason that inferiors are trying to keep him from seeing Palpatine when they're on the same side.

Beast
03-12-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Wow, and when do we see the Jerjerrod getting choked figure? :D I would've loved to have seen the Royal Guards actually interact with Vader, that would've been very interesting, however there is a small plot hole there, he halted when Jerjerrod told him it was the Emperor's wishes, but you'd think the VADER would figure there is a good reason that inferiors are trying to keep him from seeing Palpatine when they're on the same side.
Vader doesn't listen to Imperial Officer's anymore. He probably got really sick of doing it for Tarkin. After Tarkin died on the first Death Star, Vader had no one above him but the Emporer. So, he figures his news is important enough that no one is gonna stop him from delivering it. I mean come on, if you were a Sith Lord and some idiot in a uniform told you that you couldn't inform your master about somthing important, would you be a happy camper? :D Having it be the wishes of Palpatine that he not be disturbed, is another thing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Wow Binks, I just learned I was wrong about this scene. Sansweet's Figure Archive has that same pic, but they describe it as a Royal Guard shocking Jerjerrod :eek:

I actually posted that pic in an AOTC Royal Guard thread, believing what Sansweet wrote in that book. WELL, I just double checked that pic from the book and sure enough, the pic of the POTF2 Royal Guard just obscures Vader's presence, making it look like the Guard is doing the work.

Look, I'll post it here for comparison.

Sorry if I confused anyone in that thread :(

Beast
03-12-2002, 02:08 PM
Wow Binks, I just learned I was wrong about this scene. Sansweet's Figure Archive has that same pic, but they describe it as a Royal Guard shocking Jerjerrod :eek:
I actually posted that pic in an AOTC Royal Guard thread, believing what Sansweet wrote in that book. WELL, I just double checked that pic from the book and sure enough, the pic of the POTF2 Royal Guard just obscures Vader's presence, making it look like the Guard is doing the work.
Look, I'll post it here for comparison.
Sorry if I confused anyone in that thread :(
Hey, no problems Ceaser. Everyone makes mistakes, including Super Collector Steve Sansweet. :D I really need to pick up that book though, I hear it's on clerance in some places. Anyone happen to know where, off hand?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-12-2002, 02:17 PM
Now that I look at it again, it appears we posted the same pic? It looks like the figure's arm in your pic too, Binks. Maybe the guard did shock him? Jerjerrod looks like he is grimacing, unlike the choking going on in that other pic. Oh well . . .

Anyhoo, I like that Archive book, it has some great reference shots. There are other deleted shots in there too, as well as some prototypes. I would love to see an updated verison next year to include everything since '98 through the bulk of the AOTC stuff.

:) :) :)

El Chuxter
03-12-2002, 02:52 PM
I can see why they cut that scene. . . . Jerjerrod just looks like he had too much Taco Bell. :D

Wolfwood319
03-12-2002, 02:58 PM
I gotta give props to Ceaser and Jar Jar for that! I never knew those Guard scenes existed, thanks a bunch guys!

I'd love to see the alternate cut of ANH that they talked about in the Insider a few years back. Also, all the ANH scenes from the Behind the Magic CD-ROM (Luke on farm, Anchorhead, Luke/Biggs).

For ESB, I'd like that additional Wampa and Dagobah stuff.

Then the Falcon and X-Wing stuff on Tatooine after the Sarlaac scene. I've never seen that scene with Crix Madine on his cruiser either, was there more of that scene too?

I'd like deleted scenes to be put with the actual movie disc, then have a special disk with behind the scenes stuff. Also, a dual lfeature format so we get the original and SE on the same disc, like with E.T.

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Now that I look at it again, it appears we posted the same pic? It looks like the figure's arm in your pic too, Binks. Maybe the guard did shock him? Jerjerrod looks like he is grimacing, unlike the choking going on in that other pic. Oh well . . .
Hmm, yeah...looks to be the same picture. I don't think the Royal Guards shocked him, he looks to be pointing his force pike past Jerjerrod, at where Vader would be out of frame. I think it's either just the start of Vader choking him, and Jerjerrod hasn't raised his hand up to clasp his throat yet. Or more likely, he just released Jerjerrod from the choke and his gasping for air like Motti did.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Or he could be getting in a defense posisition against Vader in case he tries it on him too.

Toad
03-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by hamsterboy
Gotta go with everyone else on the changes. The only thing I would add is the scene from ROTJ where Luke is in Obi-Wan's hut.

Which scene is that?

I would most like to see the Sandstorm scene.
Is there any dialogue from that scene?

hamsterboy
03-13-2002, 02:25 AM
The one where Luke just finished his new lightsaber and put it inside of R2.

Beast
03-13-2002, 02:39 AM
It actually seems that while it was originally intended that the construction of the Saber scenes were to be filmed inside Obi-Wan's hut for ROTJ, Lucas choose instead that the scene would take place in a cave, near where the Falcon and Luke's X-Wing were parked. Here is a link to three articles over at Cinescape online that discuss the cave scene, as well as other scenes on Tatooine that either were never filmed, or left incomplete. Here is three articles that includes photos and info about it:

CUT SCENES: Telepathy (http://www.cinescape.com/starwars/Editorial.asp?this_cat=Cut+Scenes+Archive&obj_id=28194&aff_id=24)

CUT SCENES: The Cave, The Inn, The Dream, The Jawas... (http://www.cinescape.com/starwars/editorial.asp?aff_id=24&this_cat=Cut+Scenes+Archive&action=page&obj_id=28197)

CUT SCENES: Luke Constructs His Lightsaber And Sends The Droids To Jabba (http://www.cinescape.com/starwars/editorial.asp?aff_id=24&this_cat=Cut+Scenes+Archive&action=page&obj_id=28195)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
03-13-2002, 02:45 AM
Very interesting, I would've liked to have seen a little more advancement in the opening of ROTJ. Like how Lando got there, Luke building the lightsaber and putting it into R2, etc.

I wonder if GL is taking any of this into consideration with his "Super Special Edition" plans, or if he's just planning to rework the films to fit with the prequels better.

Toad
03-13-2002, 10:00 AM
I would love an entire supplemental disc of all the deleted scenes. :D

I could watch deleted scenes from the OT for hours on end. After watching these for so many years, it would just be fun to get ANY added bonus!

stillakid
03-13-2002, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see an hour of Lucas being interrogated under hot lights about some of the stupid story decisions he's made with the Special Editions and the entirety of TPM.

"What the hell were you thinking, having Greedo fire first?"
"Jar Jar Binks? What preschool book did you steal that one from?"
"My mom has more backbone than screaming-like-a-girl Luke. What the f was that?"
"What in blazes made you think Midichlorians were going to be a good idea?"
"Qui Gonn what? Yoda was supposed to be training ol' Ben."

You wanna sell DVD's, his sweating out some explanations would do it.

Pendo
03-13-2002, 11:51 AM
I'd like to see the scene on the Death Star II in ROTJ where Luke rolls out his lightsaber to Vader when refusing to fight. It would also explain why Vader is holding it when telling Luke that if he won't turn, then perhaps Leia will.

PENDO!

Toad
03-13-2002, 12:35 PM
:crazed:
LOL, I thought that was already IN the movie!
It's been too long since I've watched it, I think...

stillakid
03-13-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I'd like to see the scene on the Death Star II in ROTJ where Luke rolls out his lightsaber to Vader when refusing to fight. It would also explain why Vader is holding it when telling Luke that if he won't turn, then perhaps Leia will.

PENDO!

I don't recall Luke ever doing that, or Vader having Luke's saber at that point. Luke is hiding under the stairs and suddenly gets up, shouting "NOooooooo" and his lightsaber instantly is ablaze. I've never noticed it flying through the air or anything. I always figured that Luke retrieved it while falling from the gantry and the saber that Vader has in his own hands is his own weapon.

Pendo
03-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I don't recall Luke ever doing that, or Vader having Luke's saber at that point. Luke is hiding under the stairs and suddenly gets up, shouting "NOooooooo" and his lightsaber instantly is ablaze. I've never noticed it flying through the air or anything. I always figured that Luke retrieved it while falling from the gantry and the saber that Vader has in his own hands is his own weapon.

Check out:
http://www.cinescape.com/starwars/Editorial.asp?aff_id=24&this_cat=Cut+Scenes+Archive&action=page&obj_id=24803

and if you look closely during the scene you can see that Vader is holding another lightsaber, other than his own.

PENDO!

stillakid
03-13-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm sure you're right. That downloadable clip doesn't show it too clearly. I'll have to pull out the original source material.

So how does Luke get the saber back so quickly? I don't recall seeing a shot of it getting yanked from Vader's hand or it flying through the air?

Pendo
03-13-2002, 01:29 PM
The shot was cleverly edited out of the movie so it doesn't look like Vader had it. Or maybe they re-shot that bit.

PENDO!

SithDroid
03-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I'd like to see an hour of Lucas being interrogated under hot lights about some of the stupid story decisions he's made with the Special Editions and the entirety of TPM.

"What the hell were you thinking, having Greedo fire first?"
"Jar Jar Binks? What preschool book did you steal that one from?"
"My mom has more backbone than screaming-like-a-girl Luke. What the f was that?"
"What in blazes made you think Midichlorians were going to be a good idea?"
"Qui Gonn what? Yoda was supposed to be training ol' Ben."

You wanna sell DVD's, his sweating out some explanations would do it.

LOL. I'd pay to see that.