PDA

View Full Version : Vegas!

Tycho
01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Who is watching this show? I'm really liking the storyline for the younger brother and Rizzo's daughter.

She is probably the most attractive girl on television that I watch right now. (Since a certain death on Hell on Wheels) and I'm not actively watching Kristin Kruek's new Beauty and the Beast.

Lord Malakite
01-23-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm watching it. Unfortunately it appears no one else is according to the ratings. Vegas is currently one of the shows for this season that is in danger of cancellation.

OC47150
01-24-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm watching. Good show. I like watching the CG of young Vegas.

Tycho
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
I really hope it's not cancelled.

It's really starting to get good.

El Chuxter
01-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Didn't realize it was actually on already. If the networks stopped complaining that no one watches their shows and communicated better when they're on, I might have been watching. I shouldn't have to sit through tons of reality garbage to learn when the one or two good shows are on. I'll see if I can catch up somehow.

Tycho
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I loved Michael Chiklis in The Shield.

Dennis Quaid I've warmed up to on this show. They made him look at least a little better in later episodes. He's a guy that hasn't aged well.

Michael O'Hara - I think is his name - came from Tera Nova where I thought he was great as the lead and I'm sorry it was cancelled. His love affair with Rizzo's daughter is one of the best parts of the show. Anyway, he is totally a young Mel Gibson. I don't think his character will be caught driving drunk and hating on Jews, but it would really play like a realistic episode (if he were Mel Gibson). Maybe his character will interact with the Jewish Mafia (allied to the Italians in this period of Vegas history anyway) and he'll be drunk at the time. Too bad it's not a cable show so he could rant in a drunken tyraid and really pour the hate on. But his character is a great heroic idealist, so that's not going to happen and should not even if he does look like a young Mel Gibson. Still, he'd be perfect to recast Mad Max!

Tycho
05-04-2013, 01:46 AM
So I've recorded a handful of new episodes. I think I will be getting to them this weekend.

I'll return to discuss when I've gotten to watch them.

OC47151
05-10-2013, 04:58 PM
The actor playing Uncle Cal sure resembled the Swede from Hell on Wheels. Gotta investigate further.

Caught up to tonight's finale. What happened to the slim, trim Michael Ironside from V?

Tycho
05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
I watch all my shows with my friend David. He doesn't have cable so when we can catch up, I clear them off my DVR.

We're watching the finale of the Americans tonight. Then I have two justifieds left from the season and all of the second part of Vegas.

I've started recording Hannibal but havent watched any yet.

Hope its good!

Lord Malakite
05-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Then I have two justifieds left from the season and all of the second part of Vegas.
And just like that, Vegas is over. News hit the internet about ten minutes til 10PM EST (while the final episode was currently airing) that Vegas was cancelled.

I've started recording Hannibal but haven't watched any yet.

Hope its good!
Pretty good so far. NBC pulled/never showed the 4th episode in the US though at the request of the show's executive producer (he felt uneasy with showing it after Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon bombing). The plot had something to do with teaching kids how to murder other kids. If you want to see it you'll either have to track down an Asian/European aired copy of the episode over the net or make due with NBC.com's 6 butchered "webisodes" that came from said unaired episode to fill in some of the plot holes.

Tycho
05-11-2013, 01:43 AM
But This is Hannibal. Kids won't just kill other kids they'll still have to eat them too

OC47151
05-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Just like Hogan and his crew on Hogan's Heroes, Katherine is forever in unconscious limbo now.

I told one of my friends at church Sunday that Vegas was canceled, and he was crushed. Then I told him Golden Boy was gone, too, and I really broke his heart.