PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars - The Black Series: 6" Figures Wish List!

Beast
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Ahhhh... a fresh new forum for a fresh new toyline. And one that has me interested in buying Star Wars again. Something that I haven't done really since a couple years after RotS outside of every Jar Jar figure, Jocasta Nu, and the Jedi Force line. So let's kick things off with everyone's favorite wish list.

I'll keep this thread updated as much as I can. So list your Top 10 Figures!

Beast
01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
1. Jar Jar Binks (The Phantom Menace)
2. Darth Vader
3. Grand Moff Tarkin
4. Boba Fett (ESB and ROTJ Variants)
5. Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
6. Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
7. Count Dooku
8. Chewbacca
9. C-3PO
10. Princess Leia: Bespin Gown

bigbarada
01-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Trying to be realistic about my choices, this is what I would love to see within the first 2-3 years if the line is a success:

1. Bossk
2. TIE Pilot
3. AT-AT Driver
4. Biker Scout
5. Jedi Luke
6. C-3PO
7. Chewbacca
8. Stormtrooper
9. Boba Fett
10. Gamorrean Guard
11. Han Carbonite

I think Darth Vader is such a foregone conclusion for this line that I see no point in including him in my wish list.

If the line is successful and continues on for a few years, then I would like to see some more obscure choices:

1. Barada
2. Kithaba
3. Ephant Mon
4. A-Wing Pilot
5. Amanaman
6. R5-D4
7. Yak Face
8. Pote Snitkin
9. Squidhead
10. Weequay

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Trying to be realistic about my choices, this is what I would love to see within the first 2-3 years if the line is a success:

If the line is successful and continues on for a few years, then I would like to see some more obscure choices:

1. Barada
2. Kithaba

8. Pote Snitkin

10. WeequayI am VERY surprised at these names on your list, BB. :rolleyes:

I am not all that enthused about this line. I'm taking a wait (a while) and see approach.

mtriv73
01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm already sold on the Luke X wing pilot and r2 figures. Maul I think I can live without. If it was a regular storm trooper rather than a sand trooper, I'd be ready to buy it as well. I don't think we'll get any obscure characters for quite a while so I'll keep my list realistic.

1. Vader
2. Stormtrooper
3. Han
4. Chewie
5. C3PO
6. Leia from anh
7. Boba Fett
8. Scout trooper
9. Luke stormtrooper
10. Luke hoth
I'd really love to see some scaled accessories/beasts to go with these like speeder bikes, taun tauns, and a wampa, but I won't hold my breath.

JediTricks
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
I'd really like to see the Sandtrooper they're doing be accurate to the armor in ANH for Sandtroopers, which means notably different from the armor used for Stormtroopers in places like the knee, the hip boxes, and more.

Do you think this line is going to use soft-goods, cloth robes and such? I hope they are better quality than the last large-format figures with soft goods, the Mega Action line. The issue of soft-goods could affect my list, like where Obi-Wan would fit in, that sort of thing.

Anyway, I really don't have a wish list yet, just do this line right and I'll be tempted by most figures, plan it out so there's longevity rather than flopping early.

Adam
01-31-2013, 12:40 AM
As a wave I wouldn't mind: 1) Endor Han Solo 2) Dagobah Luke Skywalker 3) Yoda, with the obvious backpack accessory for Luke 4) Captain Rex

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Boba Fett and Darth Vader are the main two I want. Having said that, the pic of the X-Wing Luke looks superb. If they are all that nice I may buy every friggin one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Hmm, I'll be forcing myself not to pick all of these up, but how about ones I would conceivably buy?

*Jango Fett (shiny armor would look awesome)
*General Grievous (something similar to the TVC figure in terms of articulation, but in stronger plastic)
*Commander Cody
*Kit Fisto
*C-3PO (kind of depends on how R2-D2 looks)
*Darth Vader (if it's anywhere as good as the TVC ANH Vader, I'm sold)

I can't even post 10 since I shouldn't even be thinking of buying that many. :p Also, a Plo Koon would look great in this line, but he's not exactly a hot seller after so many repacks in the basic line so I doubt we'll see him.

Battle Droid
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
General Grievous
IG-100 MagnaGuard
Battle Droid (TPM & AOTC variant)
Battle Droid Commander (TPM & AOTC variant)
Security Battle Droid
Pilot Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Super Battle Droid
Neimoidian Warrior
Geonosian Warrior
Nute Gunray (TPM, AOTC, and ROTS)
Rune Haako (TPM and ROTS)

LTBasker
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure how many 6" figures I'll actually end up getting, but here's what I hope to see outside of the predictable main cast (Vader, Chewie, etc.) and obvious others (Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, etc.).

Grand Moff Tarkin
Han in Carbonite block (at this scale should be electronic)
Royal Guard
Greedo
Snowtrooper
Biker Scout
Any other Imperial (Drivers, Pilots, Troopers, Gunners, chokefodder Officers)
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Wedge
Biggs
R5-D4
The Bounty Hunters (Bossk, IG-88, etc.)
Any Skiff guards

bigbarada
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Han in Carbonite block (at this scale should be electronic)

I'm not sure if electronics are the best idea for a collector themed line. You'd basically be forcing mint-in-box collectors to open the toy up or face leaking batteries 10-20 years down the road. Plus the battery pack would need to be accessible to allow people to change or remove the batteries. Which is a permanent compromise to the look of the toy for an electronic feature that will get old after a couple of days.

If the battery packs are sealed and inaccessible, then what's the point of collecting them since the figure is likely going to be destroyed by leaking batteries after a few years?

LTBasker
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
That is true. But, I'd rather the batteries not be included anyway. With it being a more mature collectible line, I don't think it's necessary for it to have "Try Me" packaging and so there'd be no need to include batteries. Besides, not including the batteries means they don't have to sacrifice cost from the actual block and/or its features.

It's an unrealistic desire anyway. If they make it electronic, it'll probably be part of some exclusive set like for SDCC or something. If they actually use up a slot just to release a 6" block of plastic at retail, then it will probably come with a Han Solo figure and be a meager accessory that's not worth adding electronics to.

bigbarada
01-31-2013, 09:20 PM
I'd really like to see the Sandtrooper they're doing be accurate to the armor in ANH for Sandtroopers, which means notably different from the armor used for Stormtroopers in places like the knee, the hip boxes, and more.

I'm really hoping that will be the case; but it won't necessarily be a deal-breaker if it's not.

Darth Metalmute
01-31-2013, 11:53 PM
1. Vader
2. Jedi Luke
3. Stormtrooper
4. Boba Fett
5. Commander Cody
6. General Grevious
7. Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike
8. Endor Han
9. ANH Leia
10. Chewbacca

JediTricks
02-04-2013, 07:09 PM
With this line, I don't think I'd bother getting visually indistinctive characters like Tarkin and Biggs, I think I'd stick with iconic characters that are somewhat action-related (example: Endor Leia, maybe; but Ewok Village Leia, no). I do wonder how those secondary characters would do at $20 in this line though.

Beast
02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
With this line, I don't think I'd bother getting visually indistinctive characters like Tarkin and Biggs, I think I'd stick with iconic characters that are somewhat action-related (example: Endor Leia, maybe; but Ewok Village Leia, no). I do wonder how those secondary characters would do at $20 in this line though.
The 12" Action Collection ran for a long time and included some major secondary characters.

Darth Metalmute
02-04-2013, 09:31 PM
The 12" Action Collection ran for a long time and included some major secondary characters.

The 12" Action collection also ran for about $19.99...
How inflation has changed our figures. :(

JediTricks
02-06-2013, 03:19 PM
The 12" Action Collection ran for a long time and included some major secondary characters.Yes, and I didn't get a lot of those either.

Tycho
02-10-2013, 10:57 AM
If these figures compliment my Unleashed at their scale - and I don't think they do as Unleashed is 7" if I'm right - I'd buy only 4:

Qui-Gon Jinn
Luke Bespin
Snowtrooper
IG-Manga Droid (x2)

I might be persuaded to get:

Lando Bespin
Chewbacca with C-3PO parts
Leia Bespin Escape
R2-D2

It would have to start with Hasbro making Lando Bespin and then I might go back and purchase the others if they were released first - I think R2D2 is coming out, right?

Otherwise, I'm not collecting a new line.

El Chuxter
02-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Lando Calrissian
Captain Panaka
Captain Typho
Mace Windu
Adi Gallia
Stass Allie
Fozec
Edian

happy
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Jedi Luke
ESB Bounty Hunters
Darth Vader

I would buy these.

TheDarthVader
02-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Figures I would like to have:
Boba Fett ESB
Boba Fett ROTJ
Luke Jedi
Gammy Guard
Ephant Mon heheehheehe one can dream
C3PO
Lando as skiff guard <---that would really rock!

JediTricks
02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Gamorrean Guard comment made me think about big figures in this line. Will we finally be getting an accurate, transforming Destroyer Droid? That's a pretty major presence in the prequels, after all, and it's something fans have been demanding for 14 years now, but I suspect Hasbro will say it's too difficult to work the transformation into that figure.

El Chuxter
02-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Which makes no sense from a company whose biggest proprietary franchise is Transformers!

Tycho
02-20-2013, 02:35 AM
I just want to express my agreement with El Chuxter and JediTricks above.

That being done, I want to also just roll my eyes at Hasbro.

I'd buy a Transforming Destroyer Droid but I really want Hot Toys to make it in the 1/6 scale!

I'd probably go $250 on that. But don't tell them that. "Officially" I said I'd probably pay like $75 dollars and skip getting my car washed if they'd make one already.

JON9000
02-21-2013, 07:51 AM
any figure from the original Kenner 12. The two I could most do without are the jawa and tusken, since I had neither as a kid.

JediTricks
02-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Which makes no sense from a company whose biggest proprietary franchise is Transformers!Takara does most of the engineering on good Transformers. You can see Hasbro's hand more on the TF:The Movie and beyond figures, simpler and lamer. But that was then, now they're sometimes not awful. Anyway, the issue is partly that ILM used impossibly thin designs for some of it so a 3.75" wouldn't be a safe enough toy if it executed it, but it should be entirely feasible in a 6" scale because the parts will be larger and the "spine" will be able to move more freely (that was the reason they couldn't do it on the 6" Mega Action version, its spine was cheap and thick so they transformed the head the opposite direction).

ShoulderOfOrion
05-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey guys

I used to post on here about 10 years ago and for some reason I stopped (although my passion for Star Wars and Star Wars figures has remained). I don't even remember my username.

Anyways, hello everybody! I still recognise a few names from 10 years ago.

Well, I'm really looking forward to the Black Series as I love the 3.75 figure line and I also love the Sideshow line so I'm excited to get something in between.

What are the figures that on your wish list?

For me, the number 1 is Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. I absolutely love the Sideshow version and I would love a highly detailed 6" version of Luke from Return of the Jedi.

The others on my wishlist are as follows:

Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Padawan)
Aayla Secura
Anakin Skywalker (AOTC Tusken Fight)
Jango Fett
Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)

What about you? :-)

bigbarada
05-04-2013, 11:52 AM
If the Sandtrooper wasn't in wave 1, that would have definitely been in my top 5 somewhere. I think X-Wing Luke might have made the top ten as well. But since those two are on the way, my want list looks like this:

Bossk - I don't want this line to die until they make a Bossk figure, no one else matters. :)
TIE Fighter Pilot
Biker Scout
Gamorrean Guard
Stormtrooper
AT-AT Driver
Barada
Kithaba
Ephant Mon
Amanaman - these last four would never happen, but I would buy them in a second if they were made.

I really can't think of much from the Prequels that I would buy. Maybe Commander Cody, a Shocktrooper or an Ep2 Clonetrooper if they looked amazing

Beast
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Top 5 Original Trilogy:

1. Emperor Palpatine
2. Grand Moff Tarkin
3. Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet (RotJ)
4. Princess Leia: Bespin Gown
5. C-3PO

Top 5 Prequel Trilogy:

1. Jar Jar Binks (TPM)
2. Darth Tyranus
3. Jango Fett
4. Mace Windu
5. Anakin Skywalker (RotS)

JediTricks
05-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey guys

I used to post on here about 10 years ago and for some reason I stopped (although my passion for Star Wars and Star Wars figures has remained). I don't even remember my username.

Anyways, hello everybody! I still recognise a few names from 10 years ago.

Well, I'm really looking forward to the Black Series as I love the 3.75 figure line and I also love the Sideshow line so I'm excited to get something in between.

What are the figures that on your wish list?

For me, the number 1 is Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. I absolutely love the Sideshow version and I would love a highly detailed 6" version of Luke from Return of the Jedi.

The others on my wishlist are as follows:

Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Padawan)
Aayla Secura
Anakin Skywalker (AOTC Tusken Fight)
Jango Fett
Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)

What about you? :-)Welcome back! Great username, Blade Runner reference? I was just thinking about that scene in particular the other day, so that'd be a funny coincidence.

I merged your thread into the existing one we have for 6" wishlist since they're so similar.

Your list is pretty good, I definitely would have Jedi Luke near the top of my list (it would have been the top a couple years ago, but since then Hasbro has hit this figure a lot in the 3.75" line). Vader ESB is another that'd be right up there, and Jango is one of the few prequel figures I'd like to see, there's not a definitive one yet in any line (Gentle Giant's 2nd mini-bust is as close as it gets right now). A transforming Destroyer Droid would be boss too.

Largely, I'm hoping they'll surprise me with quality paint and sculpts, and any character choices should mostly be good by me.

Tycho
05-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Lando Calrissian
Captain Panaka
Captain Typho
Mace Windu
Adi Gallia
Stass Allie
Fozec
Edian

Chuxter: I finally got your joke!

JediTricks
05-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Holy crap. "The Black Series", you just got that??? That was literally the first thing one of my buddies said was going to be a problem with this line, the racial issue.

El Chuxter
05-06-2013, 08:59 PM
All joking aside, I would buy a Lando in this line if he looks good enough. I think the packaging would look classy with the ol' scoundrel.

However, I foresee them leaving him out just to avoid the potential backlash.

JediTricks
05-07-2013, 03:54 PM
All joking aside, I would buy a Lando in this line if he looks good enough. I think the packaging would look classy with the ol' scoundrel.

However, I foresee them leaving him out just to avoid the potential backlash.Yeah, I'd buy regular Lando or maybe Skiff Lando if they made him good enough. Not likely General Lando though.

If they leave him out to avoid racial bias, won't that be a sign of racial bias itself???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-07-2013, 04:05 PM
If they leave him out to avoid racial bias, won't that be a sign of racial bias itself???
In this world of Django Unchained NECA figures being recalled and groups complaining about a Jabba's Palace LEGO set, it's not hard to imagine a member of the General Public seeing a black character on a Black Series packaging, take it out of context, and complain to the media about it.

I doubt they'll get to Lando unless the line goes for quite some time, but the entire line is a surprise, so who knows.

JediTricks
05-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah, but not having ANY black people in the line would return us to the original SW ANH days when people complained there were only white people in space according to George Lucas, that is not better.

El Chuxter
05-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah, but not having ANY black people in the line would return us to the original SW ANH days when people complained there were only white people in space according to George Lucas, that is not better.
But people might not notice there being no black people in it. Whereas Lando on a card that says The Black Series will be a beacon for those crazies... particularly if he pegwarms like Lando has an unfortunate tendency to do. (I'm thinking of a situation where a store has nothing but Black Series Landos on the shelf at some point. Yikes!)

JediTricks
05-08-2013, 01:15 PM
But people might not notice there being no black people in it. Whereas Lando on a card that says The Black Series will be a beacon for those crazies... particularly if he pegwarms like Lando has an unfortunate tendency to do. (I'm thinking of a situation where a store has nothing but Black Series Landos on the shelf at some point. Yikes!)Yeah, SW fans aren't going to notice the absence of non-white folks or anything. :p

Beast
05-08-2013, 04:05 PM
If people make a stink about the name "The Black Series" for any reason...

They need a serious kick in the butt. As well as the other side of the butt. :)

Tycho
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't care what it's called.

I am not buying 7" figures (unless / except) 3 that can match my Unleashed and pair with them nicely -

Luke Bespin
Snowtrooper
Qui-Gon Jinn

But I don't think the pairing will work. It will probably not look right, in which case I'll buy zero.

Lord Malakite
05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
I choose the following:

B'Omarr Monk
Jocasta Nu