PDA

View Full Version : Even MORE new movies confirmed!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Bob Iger just confirmed (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-standalone-films-lawrence-418421) the rumors: there will be more films outside Episodes VII-IX, based on individual characters. Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are currently working on them.

This would be a great way for them to revisit popular characters who likely won't be appearing in VII-IX - Vader, Jabba, Yoda, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, etc. Awesome!

Beast
02-05-2013, 05:33 PM
They should adapt the Darth Sidious origins novel.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I think film versions of various EU books would be great:
- Thrawn trilogy
- X-Wing series
- Young or Junior Jedi Knights
- Han Solo trilogies (Crispin or Daley)
- Lando adventures

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Some of the EU stories might work best as animation so they don't have to recast the main actors. A Rogue Squadron cartoon with cool space battles would be great.

For the main actors that they wouldn't necessarily have to recast, they could definitely make standalone Qui-Gon and Mace movies with newly minted action star Liam Neeson and eternal badass Samuel L. Jackson and have them take place before their characters die since the actors don't look that much older. I would also LOVE to see spaghetti western-style bounty hunter movies about Jango, Boba, or any of the others. Or a mafia-style movie about the Hutts. I wonder if Ray Park could still play a younger Darth Maul - they could hide some of the aging under the makeup (his post-bisection storyline is being covered quite well in TCW, but they could go there if they so chose).

El Chuxter
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I would kill for a movie with Qui-Gon and Mace. I won't lie.

bigbarada
02-05-2013, 09:49 PM
They need to make a movie about the time Chukha-Trok saved the galaxy on his lunch break and still had time to help McDonalds invent the Big Mac.

Beast
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM
They need to make a movie about the time Chukha-Trok saved the galaxy on his lunch break and still had time to help McDonalds invent the Big Mac.
I think they made that movie already. It's called Mac And Me.

bigbarada
02-05-2013, 10:59 PM
I think they made that movie already. It's called Mac And Me.

Well, that was the bastardized version of the story that the studios turned into a silly children's movie. Chuhka-Trok was so angry over the disgrace that showed up onscreen that he personally hunted down and killed everyone responsible for that movie.

bigbarada
02-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm wondering how long it's going to take before we start seeing direct-to-Blu-Ray Star Wars films?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Entertainment Weekly is reporting (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/) that the current plans are for a Boba Fett movie and a young Han Solo movie. Boba I can get behind wholeheartedly, but they would have to absolutely nail Han's casting for that one to work. Too bad River Phoenix isn't available. :p

JediTricks
02-06-2013, 01:02 PM
"I have a very bad feeling about this.": - me, 10 seconds ago when I saw this in the news.

Disney sounds like they're going overboard. Why don't you wait to see if you can even crack the code to making good Star Wars films before you overexpose it into oblivion? I could see getting behind animated character movies, but live-action seems like a mistake, too many variables to get right.

I'd like to be wrong about that feeling though.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Entertainment Weekly is reporting (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/) that the current plans are for a Boba Fett movie and a young Han Solo movie. Boba I can get behind wholeheartedly, but they would have to absolutely nail Han's casting for that one to work. Too bad River Phoenix isn't available. :p
I liked Sean Patrick Flanery in Young Indiana Jones, but even he would be a bit old now for a young Han Solo. If casted well, I think the A.C. Crispin novels would be a good source for a Han Solo movie. I had always hoped it would be done as a miniseries, though.

bigbarada
02-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I was thinking that it might be cool to see a movie about Boba Fett until I remembered that they're most likely just going to get Temuera Morrison to play him.

Lord Malakite
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
"I have a very bad feeling about this.": - me, 10 seconds ago when I saw this in the news.

Disney sounds like they're going overboard. Why don't you wait to see if you can even crack the code to making good Star Wars films before you overexpose it into oblivion?
So the alienation of the audience begins.:suspicion: