PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Exclusive Vintage Ships Biggs X-Wing Slave 1 TIE Interceptor

indyjones1981
02-24-2013, 05:32 PM
JT I figured you would know the answers :)
I though the answers was posted in another area but couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the 2013 Toy fair coverage. What stores will the 3 vintage exclusive ships be at? I thought Target, Amazon and Toys R US? If so please list what stores the following will be at and a time frame of when in 2013.

Biggs X-Wing

Slave 1

TIE Interceptor

JediTricks
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Steve covered this in his live notes, but they're on Facebook.

Amazon.com gets Slave I and the TIE Interceptor, while TRU gets Biggs' X-wing and the Republic Gunship, Target gets no vehicles but gets the birth of Vader set.

No dates or prices yet.

indyjones1981
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks JT, I knew you had the answers and could tell me where I read it on sirstevesguide. Thanks for the intell looking forward to all 3 ships.
When you hear release dates and price lets us formites know. Thanks again.

JediTricks
02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks JT, I knew you had the answers and could tell me where I read it on sirstevesguide. Thanks for the intell looking forward to all 3 ships.
When you hear release dates and price lets us formites know. Thanks again.Sure thing, and you're welcome.

JediTricks
05-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi-res Hasbro images of each one, loose and boxed, on RS:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/High_Resolution_Hasbro_The_Vintage_Collection_Vehi cles_151998.asp

The X-wing looks so sharp on the packaged image and so mediocre on the loose image. If this comes looking like that at higher than $40, I'm going to be disappointed.

Slave I looks good except for the gimmicky guns, those should have been swappable.

TIE Interceptor looks same ol' same ol', the POTF2 wings yet again that sag and have ugly seams on the wing hubs. I still have no idea if I'll buy this, depends on the price I guess.

El Chuxter
05-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Biggs' X-Wing looks vintage. As in it looks like the '78 toy in all but the actual mold.

I can't help but laugh at how, unlike Kenner, Hasbro retires figures in less than a year, but they use them on vehicle packaging years later. lol

Darth Metalmute
05-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Are these the reduced size vehicles?

JediTricks
05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Are these the reduced size vehicles?No no, these are the exclusives, the Slave I is from the BMF-style line while the X-wing is the 3rd generation remold of the Power FX X-wing, and the TIE is the same TIE as ever.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Hopefully the Biggs X-wing will have a better wing-opening mechanism, as the Death Star Trench Run version was more limp than any previous versions. The TIE Interceptor is very similar to the 2009 Legacy Collection version, but with slightly different paint applications. At least it's a little different.