PDA

View Full Version : Hobbit figures good custom fodder?

OC47150
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
One of the stores in my area has clearanced the Hobbit figures. They caught my eye back in December, when the movie first came out, but I looked at them a little closer last night. I see some custom possibilities with the Thorin and Legalos figures, and they can't be beat for the price.

Anyone else pick them up?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2013, 10:09 PM
I haven't, but I did see last night at Kmart that they're blowing them out at crazy low prices - $2 for individual figures, $4 for two-packs, and $8 for the bigger figures, IIRC. So you might want to check them out to see what they've got - I haven't actually seen The Hobbit figures anywhere else but TRU and Barnes and Noble.

OC47150
02-28-2013, 07:55 AM
The price is what caught my attention. I wasn't going to pay full price for these back in December but for those dirt-cheap prices, I'm willing to try.

OC47150
02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I picked up four figures -- two singles and one two-pack -- for $8 and some change. The heads on the dwarf figures are good. Need to whittle down the neck post on a SW figure for them to fit but definitely some customizing possibilities.

Also, the accessories are great! The swords fit in with the Old Republic.

Oh, it was Kmart where I found them. Don't remember seeing them at any other store. Might look at trying to find Gandolf.