PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Jettster Picture

evenflow
03-11-2002, 06:57 AM
There is a picture of the figure over at rebelscum. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

Jargo
03-11-2002, 07:21 AM
I'm kinda disappointed now I've seen it. I saw a spoiler fanart picture some time ago done by Guy Lagace and I thought it was just something he'd summised. Turns out to be so darn close to the real thing it's scary. I like the fact that he's a solid chunky kind of character but really don't know what all this electro blue stuff is that hasbro keep shoving all over every single bloody figure. It's annoying me no since these characters won't have it in the movies. It's like Hasbro is trying to give crap figures some VAVAVOOM! or something. Anyway, that's my initial reaction, I'll relook at it and reappraise later. :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 09:06 AM
At first I thought "Awwwww...how cute. He comes with his own cotton candy..." but then I realized he was just frying up some..uh..blue energy with his spatula.:confused: Seriously though, I thought this guy was gonna be reminiscent of Bill Paxton's Chet the ***** monster in Wierd Science. Obviously, this guy is much better looking than that, so I am suitably impressed. Of course, I'll have to see the character in the film to make final judgment.

Beast
03-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Why complain about the blue electrical stuff that comes with the figures? It's removable after all, it's not like Hasbro is forcing you to display your figures with it. Well, unless you are a carded collector. :) As for the charecter, looks pretty good. I wonder if he used to have connections with Hutts or somthing, as he seems to have Hutt tatoos on his knuckles. I wonder who's card this is that he's pictured on the back of, must be one of the refresh cases, that have the spoilerish figures in them that are due around May 16th. I'm gonna slap a copy of the figure pic up here, so that if Hasbro makes Rebelscum pull it down, we still have access to a pic. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
03-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Non human, four arms, I like him!!
More aliens, more droids please!!

JEDIpartner
03-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Because it's ludicrous... what is that? A spatula??? Why has his spaluta been electrocuted??? Next we'll probably get a serving spoon with deflector blast effects. We know that kinda thing happens everyday.

The complaint is... it's a gimmick and now it's being overused. It's like they are running a joke into the ground. The more times you hear it, it gets less and less funny.:mad:

I like the look of the character and the figure... but that spatula zap thing... THAT'S gotta go!

2-1B
03-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Unless a character blasts that burger flipper out of his hand in the movie, I agree that the use of that electro thing is going overboard :)

Rollo, I don't really have an opinion on him either way, so I too will have to wait for the movie to see what I think of him. I dunno, the figure looks kinda boring, but there might be potential there for a cool CGI character.

I like his big feet, they remind of that show Dinosaurs :D

Lord Tenebrous
03-11-2002, 01:20 PM
I would have least wanted knee articulation, because this character is sitting when he's informing.

But it looks like he's the right size, at least. I'll have to see what I think of him in person.

Jargo
03-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Anyway, that's my initial reaction, I'll relook at it and re-appraise later. :) I said I'd re-appraise because my first impressions weren't favourable. I actually do like the figure now I've sat and looked at it a long time. It's okay. Not the most stunning thing I've ever seen but it's okay. The electro blue sparks are crap uselessness that should be dumped outright. As far as i can tell from spoilers, Dexter is only in the movie in a conversational scene and never uses this cleaver or spatula or whatever. Why give him the blue stuff? He comes with his pipe and two accessories so why spoil the simple look of this character with useless blue crap?

It's just a comment.

JonoFett
03-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Does anyone have any ideas about the possible identity of the Jedi standing next to Dex? It looks like the hand wielding the blue lightsaber may belong to an alien species.

Lord Tenebrous
03-11-2002, 02:28 PM
That's Plo Koon. :)

mabudonicus
03-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, he's an alien, and I think he's pretty cool- very reminiscent of "dinosaurs", Caesar. I'm just sort of underwhelmed in an odd way- THIS was gonna ruin the film for us if we saw it before may 16th? How come the Acklay wouldn't spoil anything, given ITs role in the storyline?!? Dexter is the "spiderlike" secret alien from this film, just like sebulba (or gasgano,maybe, either one) from TPM? Both times the species was described as spiderlike, and I guess that's my problem. He just looks like a big pote snitkin type guy with an extra pair of arms. I want the figure, but not as bad as I'd been led to imagine. Thanks for posting the pic, Jar Jar, as my connection is bad enough to discourage me following links too often.

pthfnder89
03-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
[BThe electro blue sparks are crap uselessness that should be dumped outright. As far as i can tell from spoilers, Dexter is only in the movie in a conversational scene and never uses this cleaver or spatula or whatever. Why give him the blue stuff? He comes with his pipe and two accessories so why spoil the simple look of this character with useless blue crap?
[/B]

I keep being amazed at how ferociously people dislike the little Force/Blaster packins. I understand if you don't care for them, or you think they're useless, but I think there are more people out there than not, who consider them to be a neat extra for your money.
I really don't think that you can tell anything about what Jettster is doing while he's talking from spoilers and stuff though. I'd be REALLY surprised if Hasbro just made up that weapon out of nowhere. It probably shows up on screen

I like the figure, but I don't know if I'll buy him. I'm trying to cut down on the scene filler figs I buy. Stupid bills....:frus:

Jargo
03-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Oh no, i don't doubt that he has those accessories in the movie, He's a diner owner and a working alien so he surely uses his 'knife' and 'spatula' in the movie when we see him. But it just seems like so many of the figures come with this blue sparky stuff and they can't all have it in the movie because the movie would just be so dull if they did. It's a gimmick that seems to be used by Hasbro to add something active to inactive figures. And like I say, so many of them.....

If this character has blue electro sparky stuff flowing around his 'spatula' in the movie then I'll eat my right hand. I'm just bored with it. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't look like electro sparky stuff anyway. It's just another thing to clutter up the space under my bed reserved for non movie stuff like half the accessories that come with cantina characters and the horrible pack-in figures. I'm entitled to say how I feel pthfnder89 same as you. If there's so many people who like them then I'm outnumbered and you needn't get so steamed. :)

You're taking my post too seriously. If I was angry or seriously P'd off I'd have voiced my opinion much more strongly. I'm just irritated with it that's all. If they start sticking it on all the classic figures too, then I'll get mad.

I've had a chance to sit and study him some more and the figure is growing on me a little. I'd like to see a better quality pic though. Nothing I can do will improve the quality and I've run it through tons of filters. It's just lo-res. My favourite part is his pipe. He's holding it to his mouth and theres's a tube or something attached to his waist that the pipe comes out of. Y'see, I can be positive when it's called for. I like the pipe I like the pipe.....

The blue stuff is horrible though. Another reason I don't like it when over used is that if in the movie a character does have blue electro stuff on them, Hasbro using it on characters who don't detracts from the impact of using blue electro stuff on that character's figure that does have it in the movie.
I can think of one in particular that will possibly have it in a later release and all these 'shocked' figures will diminish that figures impact somewhat.

An ugly sentence but it gets my point across.

pthfnder89
03-11-2002, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't begrudge anyone on the board from saying what he feels Jargo. I know my last post seemed a little arrogant, but it's not that I'm angry. I just wanted to express how honestly surprised I was that you seemed really upset about these little packins. And it's definitely not just you, obviously several people have said the same thing.

These are just usually the kind of accessories I really like in toys, so I'm happy to get them in these. MUCH more so than slides or Force Files...:D

Starfig873
03-11-2002, 09:47 PM
I like him! He looks like a bird/dragon thingy, and that's cool in my book. :)

*laughs* I guess I'll have to agree that the blue stuff is getting a bit overused, but it doesn't bother me. :)

Still, neat looking figure.

LTBasker
03-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Pretty cool figure, if you don't like the accessory thing, toss it. I hope we get a nightclub playset for him. :cool:

hairless chewie
03-12-2002, 01:53 AM
Maybe he'll wind up frying Chubas at Wuher's bar!! He kind of looks like Star Wars version of the Swedish Chef. Seriously, the kiddies will love a big, four armed, knife wielding alien. At least it's not another resculpt!

julian
03-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Jar Jar you were curious to know:

"I wonder who's card this is that he's pictured on the back of, must be one of the refresh cases, that have the spoilerish figures in them that are due around May 16th"

Dexter is pictured on the back of the Geonosian warrior card.

evenflow
03-12-2002, 09:13 AM
I think that he is an interesting figure. For now I am going to say I like it.

Beast
03-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by julian
Jar Jar you were curious to know:
"I wonder who's card this is that he's pictured on the back of, must be one of the refresh cases, that have the spoilerish figures in them that are due around May 16th"
Dexter is pictured on the back of the Geonosian warrior card.
Yep, thanks. Also, the Geonosian Warrior is figure #15, and good ole Dexter is figure #16. So that hopefully means that both of them will be in the cases hitting around May 16th. :D Now, I wonder who the #17-#26 will be....

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
03-12-2002, 11:41 AM
I think he's a cool figure. Not every figure in our Star Wars world has to be lean. More aliens is what we need. They look good as background fillers for scene builders.

I'm with JEDIpartnr, whats with the electro-spatula? Is that for some mean space pancakes?

INDIANA
03-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey...Jar Jar !!!

He's number 2/16. Does that imply the 16th figure of collection 2 or just the 16th figurure of both collections combined? If it's the former, I think that would place Dexter and the Geonosian in the 3rd wave of collection 2, no?

Nataku
03-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
Hey...Jar Jar !!!

He's number 2/16. Does that imply the 16th figure of collection 2 or just the 16th figurure of both collections combined? If it's the former, I think that would place Dexter and the Geonosian in the 3rd wave of collection 2, no?

Actually, the number is as follows:

MOVIE-Figure

In other words, the 02 refers to Epsiode 2 and the 16 refers to the 16th figure from that movie in this series (SW Saga Blue Card).

In other words, the new Qui-Gon would be 01-01, the Cloud City Chewie 05-01, etc.

Nataku

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Now, I wonder who the #17-#26 will be....

Jango versions #5, 6, 7
Obi-Wan versions # 2, 3
Anakin versions # 2, 3, 4
Padme versions # 2
:p

I can't wait for Dexter, his figure could make an interesting addition to the Mos Eisley Cantina, just as a background alien and stuff, I mean it's not everyday we get a 4 armed alien. :D

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Nataku
Actually, the number is as follows:
MOVIE-Figure In other words, the 02 refers to Epsiode 2 and the 16 refers to the 16th figure from that movie in this series (SW Saga Blue Card). In other words, the new Qui-Gon would be 01-01, the Cloud City Chewie 05-01, etc. Nataku
That's not quite correct. Notice the ' before the 02 on the back of the cards. It's refering to the year the figure is coming out, not the movie that it was in. So it's year/figure number. As for who #17-#26 is, I think I have a pretty good idea.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bosskman
03-12-2002, 05:06 PM
To be honest, when I first heard about this character I thought to myself:"Great, another cartoonie character that everybody's gonna complain about" Now that I've seen the figure I see that I was wrong. As long as he does'nt have some ridiculous voice like Jarjarbinks then I think he'll be pretty cool. m definately happy with the figure though. The blue stuff is getting a little excessive but thankfully it's removable.

Jargo
03-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I thought like that about Dexter as far as moaning about CGI goes, but then when i heard about his involvement I was like - okay, I'll see... Now that I've seen him and can put a face to the scene it all makes sense and Dexter seems fine. He's a character you can identify with in a galaxy of creatures and situations you can't. He's just a greasy short order cook who happens to be a four armed lizard looking alien with a smoking problem. I can buy that. How many ties have you been to a fast food place and looked through to the kitchen and seen the cook smoking while preparing food? Pizza takeaways are great for that.

Anyway. I've decided I like Dexter. I'm putting him at the top of my list alongside Orn Free Taa. Big chunky figures always attract me because I like to get as much plastic for my money as possible.
But his electro shock cleaver is still odd. Yeah it's removable and I'll remove it as it comes out the bubble when i buy him. Then the blue stuff gets thrown out like a gherkin on a Macdonalds burger. Everybody hates the gherkin and takes it off the burger so why do Macdonalds insist on putting it on the dumb thing? Same thing here with electro blue stuff. Hasbro are the Macdonalds of the toy world. :D

Beast
03-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Ok, everyone throwing away all the blue electrical stuff and the weapon firing attachments. Please send them all to me, I think they are very cool, actually. And I could always use more of them. That way you can enjoy your Dexter Jettster without blue stuff on his spatula, as well as your other figures without it, and I can use it on some of my other figures. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Starfig873
03-12-2002, 07:53 PM
I think we all know that Dexter here is a real ladies lizard. Boo yah! :p

Believe it or not, I'm actually curious about what the food is going to look like that this boyo is going to be making...

Jargo
03-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Pretty cool figure, if you don't like the accessory thing, toss it. I hope we get a nightclub playset for him. :cool: Nononononono - Dex has his own place like a fifties diner with bench seats and a jukebox sort of thing. The nightclub is totally different and more on a par with the nightclub from Bladerunner....

Did I just compare the Coruscant sets to Bladerunner? Mercy me!

I hope we get the diner waitress droid - FLO to go with Dex. it's doubtful we'll ever get a playset though and if we do it won't match expectations. Star wars is Hasbro boys and boys don't play around with dollies and dressing up and making little houses for their action figures do they? Course not as Mysoginistic Hasbro knows full well. Playsets are for girls and Barbie dollies. Can't confuse things with cross gender branding or allow the company policy to change to encompass modern thinking or social mores.
That's why the playset attempts in the star wars line so far are so poor and basically consist of a wall or doorway and a big gun that wasn't in the movie. Or some kind of lever to attach figgies to and then simply jiggle them around..... thrilling! :rolleyes: But all of this is for another thread. :)

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 08:57 AM
Well ok a diner playset then, I wasn't thinking fully. :p

The Simpsons line has cool playsets, nuff said. :happy: