PDA

View Full Version : 1138 and other "memes"?

El Chuxter
03-09-2013, 01:32 AM
It's already essentially a given that the next SW movies won't open with the familiar 20th Century Fox Fanfare.

What about the ubiquitous 1138? Will future directors be sneaking it in? Or forgetting it? Or, possibly worse, making it stick out like a sore thumb?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2013, 12:18 PM
That number seems to have a different meaning now, so I wonder if it'll not be included. But I am absolutely positive that "IHABFAT" will be in all of them.

JediTricks
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't think these are actually "memes" as they aren't developed from the public consciousness, but I do otherwise see what you mean. A lot of shows and movies have been abusing the hell out of the "Wilhelm scream" so I can see that getting overused in the new SW movies. I'm sure the art department will have 1138s here and there, but they weren't overboard in the prequels so I suspect it won't be too bad here either. Since this is Disney though, I bet we'll get a few A113 refs and Hidden Mickeys. I'd like to see a Tron gridbug or something really clever that'd fit in well with SW.

IHAVBFAT is virtually assured to be there.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Three words: The Black Hole. Would be uber-awesome to see Maximilian or Old B.O.B. in a junk heap or something.

JediTricks
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
You're just trying to relive your 1980s action figure playing days. :p

Darth Metalmute
03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Three words: The Black Hole. Would be uber-awesome to see Maximilian or Old B.O.B. in a junk heap or something.

This would be great, I would be all for it. Add in Master Control Program scraps too.

Maybe a planets queen dressed as Belle or a Stitch-esque alien species as well? A speeder bike-esque chase only on light cycles?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I fear which character will get the look-off-in-the-distance-spin-around solo song. Wait; "Solo" song? How's Mr. Ford's vocal range, anyway? :PartOfTheirWorld: