PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found Evolutions yet??

OC47150
08-27-2001, 11:53 AM
I read where the cards were supposed to be available Aug. 23, but I've been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to visit the local comic shops.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-27-2001, 07:45 PM
I've only checked retail stores (i.e. Wal*Mart or Target) so far. But as some great person once said:

"I don't even collect the cards, but..."

(Wipes tear from eye) :) ;) :( :p :D :eek: (this last one's called "Eek!" )

OC47150
08-28-2001, 06:41 AM
I checked my local Target and nothing there. I plan to hit the comic shops either this weekend or next.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2001, 07:28 PM
I bought a pack from the comic shop I usually get my bags and boards from. They're... okay. You get 8 cards for $1.95 (about $.25 each), but my pack had 9 (8 + a checklist card, maybe each pack has a checklist?). The cards are dull, with two photos (far away and close up) on the front, and a "yeah, I already knew that" bio on the back, plus the same photo as one of the front ones. The odd thing was on the wrapper, the "for a chance to obtain any of the Insert Cards listed above" mail-in information, at the end it says:

Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
What's up with that? Why dis our North American brethren like that? :( I probably won't even collect the card set. :p

OC47150
08-31-2001, 08:36 AM
At least we're getting our money's worth with the Evolution cards, unlike the Ep. 1 3Di cards. The 3D cards were nice but $2.50 - $3 for two was too expensive!

Rollo Tomassi
08-31-2001, 02:37 PM
I saw them at my local comic shop today. $2.49 a pack. No thanks. I'll stick with my Decipher habit thank you very much. OC, did you ever collect the Star Wars galaxy cards from 5-7 years ago? I'm trying to fill out a second set of the second series, but apparently, Card collectors of the Star Wars variety are few and far between... :0

OC47150
08-31-2001, 03:14 PM
I'm a huge card collector, domestic and foreign cards. Yes, I have all three Galaxy card sets. I even have the Galaxy 1 factory set that comes with the plastic Falcon holder.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2001, 12:29 PM
OC47150 (if that is your real name! ;) ), I believe Rollo was asking about doubles or trade possibilities. I have those cards, too, but only one of each. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Rollo Tomassi
09-02-2001, 04:13 PM
I've got that Falcon set also, at least I think I do, it's still shrink wrapped inside the box so it could be a brick in there for all I know...

OC47150
09-10-2001, 08:34 AM
A friend of mine told me the Evolution cards were spotted in my area at one of the local comic shops. Some guy came in and bought two boxes! I'll have to get there this week.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
OC, did you ever collect the Star Wars galaxy cards from 5-7 years ago? I'm trying to fill out a second set of the second series, but apparently, Card collectors of the Star Wars variety are few and far between... :0

Rollo, are you still trying to complete a second set almost a year later? Because if you are, I have a handful of Series 2 cards . . . not many but they might be of some help. :(

Evolutions? I just posted about the $7 set I bought last weekend in a much more recent thread . . . but Bel-Cam, your assessment of the:

"yeah, I already knew that" bios on the back

is pretty accurate! :D