PDA

View Full Version : after watching the trailer last night

good shot jansen
03-11-2002, 10:46 AM
all's i got to say is, sheeeeesh:mad:

don't git me wrong, i was blown away by the images of the latest trailer, the movie looks like great fun, i'm just upset, cause while all the other star wars toy fans are looking forward to all the great new stuff they're gonna get , all us micronaughts have to look forward to are old af toys we already got in our collection, and as of now, we got no micro's to look forward to at all :frus:

every one of those ships shown in the new trailer would make excellent additions to a micro machines collection, instead we get bupkis.

and on top of that, we don't even get our measly af's until late summer, leavin us with nothing to anxiously anticipate, and look forward to in conjunction with the release of the film:mad:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2-1B
03-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Sorry gsj :( , I did think of MM collectors last night and what great toys they should be making out of those vehicles.

It's not right :mad:

good shot jansen
03-11-2002, 01:01 PM
the potwhatever class toys will only deliver at best, the small to mid sized vehicles from this new movie only. we already know about the speeders, jedi star fighter, slave I and the gunship (for a reasonable 100 samolians if i recall:rolleyes: ).

larger vehicles such as the early proto types for the star destroyer and at-at's, newly designed royal starship, transport ships and other large craft that were shown in this and previous trailers, ships of these sizes were only in the past made into affordable toys via the micro machines lines. sadly with mm's apparently dead and buried, these new ships will never see the light of day as an inexpesive toy to be given happily to children.

britcit3
03-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey GSJ

I have a feeling that if Hasblow release rehashed old AF's in ATOC packaging, then they must also release some new ones (well that's what I keep telling myself).

Love the new trailer - those clone trooper ships DO look like embryonic Star Destroyers.

Republic Gunships - also dead cool.

Love the new Avatar - who is it?

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
03-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
the potwhatever class toys will only deliver at best, the small to mid sized vehicles from this new movie only. we already know about the speeders, jedi star fighter, slave I and the gunship (for a reasonable 100 samolians if i recall:rolleyes: ).

Eh? If you meant the retail prices, here's the prices:
(TRU prices)
Smaller Speeders - $12.99
Jedi Starfighter - $19.99
Slave 1 - $29.99
Gunship - $39.99 (truly)

I'm hoping the MM line get's revised, I mean with ALL the new awesome ships coming out, there is a bigger selection than with E1.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
Count Dooku has a solar sailor, and they even made Sisko's solar sailor when it was only in a single episode

good shot jansen
03-12-2002, 06:26 AM
but just think how many gunships one can send into battle at 5.00! (the typical cost of newly released 3 pack mm's)

last night, mason had a mm battle raging on his desk, consisting of some 20 at-at's, 10 or so att tanks, and a dozen or so at-st's, these were up against a squadron of flash and gian speeders, along with about 15 snowspeeders.

it was awsome seeing this many star wars vehicles on the relatively small surface of his desk keeping my 7 year old happy as a lark.

the bigger toys just don't offer this kind of play value!

and when you consider that we amassed this size of army for well under the asking price of just one new potwhatever gunship, you begin to see why mm's are very important to the star wars toy line.

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 11:54 AM
Ya know, if they bring MM's back, they better not forget to bring the MM stands back as well. :D You can't have flying gunships, Jedi Starfighters, etc. all fighting without being held up by a stand, plus one modified so that Jango's Slave 1 can fit on it in flight mode would be nice. :cool:

2-1B
03-12-2002, 12:38 PM
GSJ, I love how you keep referring to it as "potwhatever" :cool:

Hilarious! :)