PDA

View Full Version : What about the Supertrooper?

GrandArmyofYoda
03-11-2002, 01:08 PM
I have seen in the picture archive a listing for a character called a/the "Supertrooper....Is this another name for a Clonetrooper or what? Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thank You

187-Maul
03-11-2002, 01:21 PM
I think they mean the superbattledroid with that
could be wrong though...

General Veers
03-11-2002, 01:36 PM
187-Maul is right it is the Super Battle Droid/Supertrooper

JEDIpartner
03-11-2002, 01:45 PM
That's rather disappointing. I was hoping it would be like a "special forces" unit.

Jargo
03-11-2002, 02:08 PM
"Just like a supertrooper lights are gonna find me, shining like the sun, smiling , having fun. Feeling like the number one."

ABBA gold, can't beat it! :crazed:

I always thought it was a code name for the clonetrooper. I thought the battle droid - blue was the listing for the super battle droid. But I've seena pic of a battle droid body with those extra little arms on the torso that they designed for episode one and the whole body is a sort of blue metallic colour like the destroyer droids have on them sort of pearly and tarnished. Almost like the paint has been burned off. Could we see a blue battle droid?

Jargo
03-11-2002, 02:11 PM
here's the pic I was talking about........

Unit-01
03-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Wasn't that in an article with several pictures of/about E2?

Beast
03-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Jargo is right the original listing for the Clone Trooper is the Super Trooper. They used Super Trooper originally on all the in-house Hasbro lists that have slipped out. Infact the one list from the german website I still have saved says: Super Trooper/Clone Trooper.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
Wasn't that in an article with several pictures of/about E2? Yeah, I was saying they designed the extra arms for episode one battle droids but never used them. Not that the blue battle droid was designed for episode one or that this picture came from ep1. :) This pic is out of Vanity fair I think.

Lord Tenebrous
03-11-2002, 03:33 PM
That battle droid only has two arms. What you see on the side is just a broken side bar. It's cut right above the waist, and you're seeing the right hand (you can see the shadowy elbow joint on the other side of the droid).

Jargo
03-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Nope, I'm not buying that. The side bar is attachedto the lower part not seen. This battle droid has one regular arm and one smaller arm. There's an elbow and wrist joint on the smaller one and it ends in a claw hand like a smaller version of the regular one.. The bar jutting out at the front is the central bar - or spine if you like. I think this is just a mock up but it would be cool if they used a variant of the battle droid in the movie. it's something different in the design of the droids and another element to make them interesting. But with so many different droids seen in the trailer I think this would have proved too difficult to animate. It's too fiddly really. Still a nice colour scheme for the droids though. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
03-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Supertrooper. Isn't that a movie about fat cops that was just released?