PDA

View Full Version : Clone War Favorites

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 03:35 PM
I know they're is the Trailer Thread. But I want to know what was your favorite shot/scene from the new trailer. I loved seeing the Republic Assault Ships dropping into the Arena and shooting Battle Droids. Or the cool holographs of Obi-Wan first talking through the wind or fighting Jango at point blank range. Seeing Anakin jump out the speeder and free-falling so very cool. Man there is so much cool stuff to see and I want to know what was YOUR favorite one, or if you're like me and don't have one (there is so much to go around)...

PLEASE, POST WHAT YOU THINK...

mabudonicus
03-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Oddly, despite complaints from many of the "wooden" acting, two lines struck me the hardest(although it sorta felt like winning a BIG lottery watching it IMHO)- either Jango (finally we hear his voice!!) saying "they'll perform well", or the line from dooku about" Join me Obi wan, and we'll beat the sith together". KILLER!! Favourite shots- any of the Clone Army scenes- such a completely different angle than the quieter "approach" scenes from TPMs trailers, no doubt due to the human-ness of the troops themselves, and the desperation of the last frenetic scenes of the film. Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 04:00 PM
I hear ya, Mabudon. Count Dooku trying to suduce Obi-Wan was a jaw-dropping shock, never heard anything about it before. One other thing that i was surpirsed with was how GL panned around the battlefield, very much like another blockbuster film from December.

My favorite action shot so far is Anakin fight the Count with two lightsabers, but the more I watch it, the more likely I'll change my mind over and over again...

JetsAndHeels
03-11-2002, 04:12 PM
My favorite scenes would have to be the Obi Wan/Jango dialogue, the holo of Obi, and the rain duel between them on Kamino.
Also liked Dooku's Solar Sailer ship (with the big opening "fan" like apparatus) in space.
Ani w/the 2 sabers vs Dooku and the countless arena battle scenes.
Also Mace, Yoda, and Obi Wan in the Jedi Temple (where Yoda hovers in the chair).

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 04:19 PM
I love any shot of the battle between the Droid army and the Clones. All those wicked new vehicles are gonna make great toys!!!:D :happy:

Dooku's sailship was great, too.

The asteroid shots. This asteroid field is going to make the one in ESB look boring.

Plus, all the other shots from the trailer!:D ;)

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 04:23 PM
What about Anakin jumping way up into the air, spinning around LightSaber drawn in the Droid Factory. So very, very cool...

jonthejedi
03-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Just the sheer intensity of the final battle shots. Jedi bodies being assaulted from every direction...the sheer chaos was mind-numbing...to think these guardians of peace and justice are fending off laser strikes with just lightsabers. WOW!!!I hope the movie is edited half as good as the trailer. But Obi vs. Jango has got to be up there. You go Ewan!

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 11:45 PM
I was alittle disapointed that Jango and Obi-Wan's fight was toned down plus Jango and Mace fight was left out (accept one shot of Mace with Jango barely in frame) but what I really wanted to see and was left out was Anakin going insane on a group of Tusken Raider at night... :mad:

2-1B
03-12-2002, 01:32 AM
Can anyone venture a guess as to what was going on with Padme toward the end, when she has a blaster in hand and she seems to be bouncing? Is she riding something? A beast . . vehicle . . . Anakin's shoulders . . . :confused:

Some of my favorites:

Jango / Obi-Wan's introduction, Geonosians moving toward arena through that dark hallway, Palps speaking to Anakin, so many others :)

I like the cut of Anakin hopping in that speeder and then later on when he jumps out. I like that show of carelessness. Reckless is he :D

mark2d2
03-12-2002, 06:44 AM
Several things really jumped out for me.

Palpatine's office -- with that ridiculously long and curvy window was truly out of this world. I just loved the look of this set. The colors, the furniture. Very cool. Very Star Wars.

The Astroid chase scene looks great as well. CGI really works well for ships and space stuff.

Also, I'm stoked we get to see more of the senate.

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 06:50 AM
I'd have to say alot of it actually. Especially Count Dooku's solar sailor sail getting deployed!

I only got to see half of it since I don't have the more up-to-date Quicktime versions and when I was gonna tape it on FOX they screwed up here and I only got to see half of it cause they played the dang FOX screen for the first half! :frus: :Pirate: :cry:

Anyways, from what I saw, these are my favorites:

- The hoards of Clone Troopers being deployed
- The Clone Troopers in the gunships
- Anakin dueling with Dooku
- Obi-Wan getting attacked by Jango Fett while making a hologram message, too cool!
- Anakin or someone cutting off the head of a Geonosian (you don't see it but the saber goes by that way so I assume that's what happens)
- The Acklay behind Obi-Wan
- That tiny amount of Jedi in the Arena surrounded by all those Battle Droids
- When Obi-Wan flies through the asteroid after Jango fires a missile and the missile dodges the asteroid edges and keeps after Obi-Wan.

Bottom line - I liked that whole 2 minutes. :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-12-2002, 08:56 AM
LTbasker, I just noticed the "modification" to your avatar. Nice!:)

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 10:40 AM
I also have to agree that the Jango/ObiWan dialogue was really good. I'm hoping that Temura Morrison can deliver all his dialogue that well. He seems like a good actor so far, and that can make ALL the difference.

Look at Perniall August: her lines in TPM were awful, but the way she said them, and the way she acted... every time she comes on screen in Ep1, I feel like I'm watching a good movie again.

And then her son shows up... *shakes head in disgust*:D

Jedi Clint
03-12-2002, 02:55 PM
The shots of Kenobi in hologram are linked together only by dialogue starting in the first sequence and being pasted over the others. In the first he has his hood up, and it is raining. In the following shots he has his hood down, and there is a different composition of spectators assembled in Palpatine's office. The first takes place on Kamino before the rain fight sequence. It is no doubt the exact scene that the action figure which comes with a transmitter is based upon. The second sequence takes place right before Kenobi is captured on Geonosis.

Co Jo-Da
03-13-2002, 01:41 AM
Man, I hate to go off on a rant here but did anyone catch Lance Bass in the trailer.

ALL I CAN SAY IS, OH GOD SAY IT ISN'T TRUE, PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG ON THIS ONE...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/lance.jpg

Darth Ovori
03-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Hope that he gets crashed by some Gunship and slashed by some other Jedi!!!

Jedi Clint
03-13-2002, 03:40 PM
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=14809

Ya know this is a PERFECT example of how people are trying WAY TOO HARD to find things wrong with the upcoming SW movie. I didn't even think about N'Sync being in the damn trailer, but some loser went over every single frame in the trailer where the arena scenes were featured and compared the faces in each scene to freakin N'Sync band members. I can't even begin to express how ridiculous this is and stay within SSG forum user rules. And they found one they thought looked like a band member, but because they only half arsed follow the prequel news, they didn't pay attention enough to know that the band member in question wasn't even there when they filmed the sequences that have so many (with their priorities so far out of freakin line) so ****ed off. Then it became a small story. "OOoooo look they did leave the guy in for half a second.....I am so mad." Beyond being wrong it took going through the footage shot by shot to even come close to identifying a band member. I don't think it gets any more pathetic than this!!!!!!!!!!!!

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 03:56 PM
It could be a coincidence, looks more to me like E1 Obi, in otherwords it could just be some misc. english fellow, Lance seems to look a little English, but not THAT English, and the person that is in the scene does look rather English, so quite possibly it could just be someone looking to keep the N*Stync horse hockey alive because they like to peeve people off for laughs. Let's hope it is just that.

Jedi Clint
03-13-2002, 04:14 PM
Did you read the info at the link LT?

Beast
03-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Ya know this is a PERFECT example of how people are trying WAY TOO HARD to find things wrong with the upcoming SW movie. I didn't even think about N'Sync being in the damn trailer, but some loser went over every single frame in the trailer where the arena scenes were featured and compared the faces in each scene to freakin N'Sync band members. I can't even begin to express how ridiculous this is and stay within SSG forum user rules. And they found one they thought looked like a band member, but because they only half arsed follow the prequel news, they didn't pay attention enough to know that the band member in question wasn't even there when they filmed the sequences that have so many (with their priorities so far out of freakin line) so ****ed off. Then it became a small story. "OOoooo look they did leave the guy in for half a second.....I am so mad." Beyond being wrong it took going through the footage shot by shot to even come close to identifying a band member. I don't think it gets any more pathetic than this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen Jedi Clint, I too am suprised at the lengths that alot of fans are going to say, point out, and prove that the movie sucks, before they have even see it. Everything lately has just been so negative, the toys suck, the movies suck, Lucas sucks, etc. I for one look forward to E2 just as much as I did E1, probably more. E1's complex political story, and the need to set up charecters and situations that will carry thru the next two movie did make it alot more technical and wordy then any of the OT movies, but now that Lucas as all that taken care of in the first movie, he can use II and III to tell the story. I respect everyone's opinions about the new films, as well as the old... but it seems that there are some that are wishing failure on the new films, so that they don't equal or surpass the originals.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Co Jo-Da
03-13-2002, 04:43 PM
I've gotten to the point that I don't care about Lance Bass being in Arena Battle, I just want to see the movie and we have to wait 2 more months...

Co Jo-Da
03-13-2002, 07:19 PM
Insider sources like Que tell us that you cannot see any of the gang from N'Sync in the footage included in the most recent trailer, Clone War. Although footage from the shooting of the afternoon is seen in the movie, the boy band is missing. We're not going to beat this around again, just wanted to squish some recent rumors.

So it looks like that is that, THANK GOD...

2-1B
03-14-2002, 04:06 AM
There were so many things going on in that arena battle that the last things I cared to look at were human Jedi.

Yeah, I personally don't care for the thought of NSYNC's inclusion, so I surely won't be looking for them! Either way, they weren't in there and I doubt they will even be included in the film. Meh ;)

Co Jo-Da
03-14-2002, 11:47 AM
Getting back on track now, I' still blown away by all the cool stuff to see in this trailer. The shot of the tens of thousands of CloneTroopers on Coruscent, very Imperial...

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint

Ya know this is a PERFECT example of how people are trying WAY TOO HARD to find things wrong with the upcoming SW movie. I didn't even think about N'Sync being in the damn trailer, but some loser went over every single frame in the trailer where the arena scenes were featured and compared the faces in each scene to freakin N'Sync band members. I can't even begin to express how ridiculous this is and stay within SSG forum user rules. I don't think it gets any more pathetic than this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad you said this Clint, because I thought the same thing when I saw that article. I just don't understand how having a few members of N'Sync in the BACKGROUND of a huge scene could possibly have any effect on the movie.

I really don't care for the band but it doesn't bother me at all that Lucas let them be extras. It just DOESN'T MATTER!

mabudonicus
03-15-2002, 08:33 AM
Yeah, why don't people hate the fact that Mark Hamill was in "corvette summer", and cry about how that decision somehow ruined Star Wars for them. Has anyone seen some of the awful films James Earl Jones was in?? Does that change the OT for you?? How about "life as a house"? I haven't personally seen it, but I know how hayden is introduced in the film- does this mean that some fans will be shaking their heads throughout AOTC, not able to get over that scene from ANOTHER FILM?
Enya did music for LOTR, and I cannot STAND her work, but I didn't stand up and walk out, cursing loudly and saying that somehow the ENTIRE FILM SUCKED. The whole Nsync Stink seems real fanboyish to me. I mean, I heard that U2s Bono asked GL for a role in one of the next films, and all I thought about that was "geez, you wouldn't think that guy liked star wars, good for him", not "ohhh haow can this BEEEEEE!! There's no way that two and a half hours of AWESOME could make up for that jerk appearing in the background in a nonspeaking role- thanks a lot george!!"(I despise that poser, BTW)
If nsync is able to ruin the film singlehandedly, I'll eat my hat. WooooooooooooOOOOO!!!

2-1B
03-15-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
How about "life as a house"? I haven't personally seen it, but I know how hayden is introduced in the film- does this mean that some fans will be shaking their heads throughout AOTC, not able to get over that scene from ANOTHER FILM?

Hahahahahahaha

mabudon, wait til you see that movie (if you are ever so inclined)! Your comment is so ironic, 'cause there ARE a few scenes that I'm still shaking my head at :D I loved that movie, but some of the content was . . . bizarre. If you ever do watch it, come back here and reread this - you'll have a quite a laugh ! :)

But your point is valid, I would hope to never carry baggage like that into my viewing of a Star Wars film. :)

Man In The Box
03-15-2002, 03:23 PM
I like seeing the Clone Troopers wanna-be Star Destroyer things, AT-AEs and that they were they Republic. Just shows the evoulution of the Empire perfectly.

Jargo
03-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Y'know how sometimes the crappiest ideas are the best in the end? All the fine art and detail in the world put into the main ideas and then there's one afterthought that steals the scene? For me the star of the clone war trailer was the little spider droid marching into attack against the clones. Just so cute and deadly at the same time with it's big round eyes and that massive gun for a nose. like a big wingless mosquito. I relly want a toy version of this now more than any dumb battle droid. This and a rolled up droideka. Yeah cool - too cool for words... :cool:

Lord Tenebrous
03-17-2002, 09:45 PM
I've watched this trailer a lot, and every time, I find more cool details. Like, the second full shot, for instance, the audience arena shot. You see some stuff flying around and down in the arena, but you look to the left, and there's a wingless Geonosian crawling up a rock spire.

Then, the next, you can hear the spraying of the water as the aiwha leaves the water.

The scene before Anakin slices the Geonosian with his lightsaber, frame-search to find a really goofy expression on Hayden. :D

And, wow, just all the blaster and shrapnel effects [the scene with the "Wheel Tanks" is particularly great...parts fly up into the sky and across the ground]...this movie won't be truely squeezed of all its detail until we get the DVD.

jedibear
03-18-2002, 12:59 AM
While it's hard to pick favorites (& I saw it on the big screen before "Ice Age" over the weekend...and it looks GREAT!) from the trailer, but here goes (all picks are subject to change....by the day!)

* The looks Obi-Wan keeps giving Anakin throughout the trailer...

* The whole big battle stuff at the end...from the cool wheel-things to the squat AT-AT-esque tank to the cool spider-like things others have mentioned...it's so cool to see Chaing & co are animorphosizing equipment like McQuarrie did in the classics!

* I liked the quick sample of the tension between Obi-Wan & Jango...I have a feeling those are going to be some of the cooler scenes in the film...I'm trying to imagine what musical motif's Williams is coming up for these....

* Christopher Lee is fantastic! Totally commanding presence. I'm going to have no problem watching him duel it out....

* R2 soaring through the air through what looks like the droid factory....droid in action, look out!

* And finally (for now, anyway) that final shot of the jedi surrounded in the arena just looks great....

But overall what I liked was the tone of everything....the richness of the colors (all those deep rust/earth tones seeping in with the blood-reds of Palpy's office into the cool, sterile tones of Kamino...) make this film really stand apart from the others.
Bravo Lucasfilm! Can't wait!!

It's a great look at what I think will be a fun film. Overhyping am I? No....just having faith!

mark2d2
03-18-2002, 03:55 AM
This whole Artoo-flying thing bothers me to no end. (He's my favorite character) Why didn't he fly in the OT? It just seems silly AND inconsistent.

pthfnder89
03-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
This whole Artoo-flying thing bothers me to no end. (He's my favorite character) Why didn't he fly in the OT? It just seems silly AND inconsistent.

I agree, it just doesn't make much sense. And although I'd have to see the movie to know for sure, I bet they could have found a way to leave that out.

They just put it in because they thought it would be neat, but it doesn't mesh with the OT.:rolleyes:

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Well in E1 he was originally supposed to fly but the scene was cut but some of the tidbits of green screen filming from it can be seen on the DVD, mostly in "Bad Droid Karma." Hence why the E1 R2-D2 figure had the rocket boosters.

I agree it is a little inconsistent, especially since he could've used'em to fly over Tatooine looking for Obi-Wan, fly over Hoth for Luke, fly on Dagobah to get around, and fly on Endor to look for Imperial patrols, maybe though in E3 or inbetween the movies he gets upgraded or even memory wiped ( :( ) and they get yanked out so he can have more arms.

Co Jo-Da
03-19-2002, 04:34 PM
I went into a local department store chain (Fred Myers) and as I walked by the computer department I just had to stop and laugh. Someone had set the 'Clone Wars' trailer as a screensaver and every monitor had it on... :D