PDA

View Full Version : Bo Shek lives!

JediCole
08-27-2001, 10:54 AM
I sincerely hope I am not the only one out there who is excited about Bo Shek appearing on the Wal-Mart SKU list. Why? Because the presence of Bo Shek portends the possibility of any character in the entire series. Out with the core character dependence of old, in with a new commitment to people the Star Wars toy universe with the minutia of the Star Wars movie universe!
And Teebo is there as well, putting us up to a still inadequate three Ewoks, but it does mark the return of the Ewoks to the toy store shelves. And yes, FINALLY, a new R5-D4! I'm not the only one to have repeatedly said this, but the presence of R5-D4 (hopefully) done right opens the door for many more droids! I say hopefully done right as we have no pictures yet and I am fearful that Hasbro, enamoured as they often are with gimics, will have a gaping hole in the head and black smudges all over the head and body to simulate the post-motivator explosion. I hope they do not make the same mistake with R5-D4 that they made with K-3PO (see my post in Dear Hasbro).

JEDIpartner
08-27-2001, 11:06 AM
I feel Hasbro has learnt their lesson from their past mistakes... now they can make new ones (har har!)!! All kidding aside, I think the new sculpts are quite awesome and I think we will be pretty happy with the new R5-D4, Bo Shek and Teebo. TEEBO!!!

more Ewoks on the way? Let's hope!!!

As long as they don't start putting regular tyres on their speeders I think we will be okay!

evenflow
08-27-2001, 03:19 PM
No, I think its great. Finally some more ewoks. R5 has always needed to be redone, and a character that has yet to be done. What more could we ask for, nicey nice. :D

Lobito
08-27-2001, 03:43 PM
Lets hope this Bo-shek guy has a removable helmet, and a cool gun. Im also happy to hear of Teebo, although they still have to make Chief Chirpa, Lumat, Paploo, Warok and Romba.

Fulit
08-27-2001, 04:18 PM
Bo Shek should come with thumb-jerking action, so you can place Chewie at the bar behind him ala the ANH scene. But he shouldn't be limited to that pose.

The_Collector
08-27-2001, 08:54 PM
Do you think Teebo will be packaged alone? Or will he have another Ewok with him? (ala the other Ewok 2 pack)

Lobito
08-27-2001, 10:44 PM
Hmmm...i would love that Teebo would be in a two pack, but i guess they are packing him alone.

humsup
08-27-2001, 11:55 PM
I always like to see OT figs being release on POTJ cards and this piece of news is very good news to me :)
Morever, Bo-Shek is never once release as a SWAF, its an added bonus and I'm looking forward to its release.

JediCole
08-28-2001, 10:06 AM
I have, from the moment a few months ago that Teebo was rumored, labored under the assumption that Teebo would be packed alone. If memory serves, the initial reports of these three great figures were, as the current report, based on Wal-Mart SKUs. The name associated with this particular SKU is Teebo, however, in Wal-Mart fashion and out of necessity, they may have abreviated something like "Teebo/Chief Chirpa 2-Pack". This is SPECULATION ONLY, do not imagine for a moment that there is a confirmed Cheif Chirpa figure on the way. Personally I would hold Chirpa out for a Deluxe C-3PO set with a seated 3PO, the throne/litter, Chirpa (also seated) and Chirpa's throne. Regardless, it is still possible that Teebo will have company in his blister. If he is packed alone, he had better have a mess of accessories, and very thoughtful ones at that (though as Ewoks go, Teebo was rather tall).

Starfig873
08-28-2001, 10:56 AM
Bo'Shek will be cool, no doubt about it. Wonder if he'll come with a drinking glass like our little Zutton friend...

Jargo
08-28-2001, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty excited about the pending release of R5 and BoShek. R5 is very much needed to replace that abortion we've already got using R5's name in vain. BoShek never wore a helmet in the movie so I can't really see him having one molded onto his head.
teebo is probably meant to be a companion piece to the Ewok coming with the AT-ST and speeder bike. Which if memory serves me and correct me if I'm wrong, is Paploo. Hopefully Teebo will come packed with another Ewok like Chirpa. but I'd rather have Romba or Lumat. Chirpa could come later with that Ewok who plays the Imperial helmet xylophone... OOPS! Wishful thinking creeping in. :D

JediCole
08-28-2001, 07:11 PM
Wish, wish, wish away Jargo! After all, can any of us honestlly say that a year ago we would have imagined there would be a Bo Shek action figure EVER? Like Zutton (see my "Dear Hasbro" thread, "Hooray for Zutton"), Bo Shek portends the vast potential Hasbro has begun to recognize in the license. If you make it, we will buy!

Wait a minute, are we just a bunch of Star Wars sheep?!

JediCole says, "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

Rollo Tomassi
08-28-2001, 10:19 PM
If BoShek is on the way, can Swilla Corey be far behind??

(You win the Obscure Star Wars character award if you know who Swilla Corey is...)

(yes, that's a challenge...)

The_Collector
08-28-2001, 10:28 PM
Will the CCG definition be enough for you?

Swill, Corey: "A human female, this petty criminal stalks her prey in the dark alcoves and alleys of Tatooine. One of her favorite spots in the cantina in Mos Eisley"

GNT
08-29-2001, 01:22 AM
I think BoShek kinka su**s in my opinion,We should at least get other figure before they make him aka Imperial Dignitary,Jedi CouncilMembers etc....

AS for Teebo,bring him on we need more Ewoks!

evenflow
08-29-2001, 08:10 AM
Well, I have to agree and disagree. Bo Shek Has never been made, and it is always cool for something like that. Still, I do want Dignitaries. I hope they are made as well.

I think that Teeb should come packed with another Ewok, Paploo or Chief Chirpa.

Rollo Tomassi
08-29-2001, 08:42 AM
I think Hasbro should make one wave with General Madine, Imperial Dignitary, Cloud Car pilot, and Woof(Furry Skirt Klaatu) and be done with the vintage figures once and for all. Then make a Cinema Scene with Some Ewoks and a Stormtrooper Xylophone and/or a "Deity" 3PO in litter. and be done with those. Then they should make a Sith Infiltrator. After these things are made, we will find new things to complain about not having been made yet...

JediCole
08-29-2001, 09:41 AM
Yes, sure Bo Shek is not at the top of the "Wish List" heap, perhaps not even near the middle, but as I've said before, if Hasbro is making Bo Shek, can others like the Imperial Dignitary be far behind? Excluding figures released under the Episode I imprint, 2001 has been a bumper crop year for Star Wars figures. And if recent announcements, rumors, Fans Choice polls, and convention appearances are any indication, Hasbro has no plans to slow down or stop. Sure Episode II will briefly inturrupt the flow, yet Hasbro seems bent on putting out as much as possible before that happens. And with EII we will have that many more figures to have to find anyway! Like someone pointed out in the Old Forums, the more that comes out, the more people want to come out, and faster. Remember, R5-D4, Zutton, Eeth Koth, and even Bo Shek were probably on the drawing board LAST SUMMER at Hasbro. Someone may well be sculpting the first approval master of the Imperial Dignitary as I write this...

manji
08-29-2001, 09:51 AM
Why does everyone seem to want rehashes of previously released Ewoks? It seems to me if there were hundreds of those furry things running around the forest moon of Endor, Hasbro could produce some that aren't already action figures. Unless, that is, everyone is hellbent-for-leather on Hasbro redoing every single action figure in the original Kenner lineup.

JediCole
08-29-2001, 11:25 AM
Manj,
If you look at enough posts here you will find that, yes, they are keen on just that. You see, not just EVERYBODY has the vintage figures. And even those who do (I have all from the Early Bird Four through Yak-Face) still find the contemporary versions far superior and a complement to the vintage line.
I call it "Star Wars Then and Now" collection.

Jargo
08-29-2001, 07:02 PM
The plain fact is that this new stuff doesn't match the inferior tooling of the vintage line. These new figures are far more detailed and the vintage Ewoks were too big anyway. Although, I will say that the POTF Wicket is too big also. However, Some of us only managed to find two or three Ewoks back in the day and would like to complete a set of the newer ones with the more dynamic sculpting and more accurate accessories. I'd like to see loads of the fuzzballs hanging off the shelves so i could snap up the lot and have a diorama of them overrunning Planet. ;) We only have two right now and with these new additions it hardly makes for the battle of Endor does it? More Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks and more Ewoks are what's needed. Especially that helmet xylphone playing one. :p

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 07:24 AM
I think BoShek is cool, he's an ANH cantina denizen AND he interacts (albeit briefly) with our heroes, plus he's one of the few "normal" humans in the saga. I'd like to have a figure of this guy, about a jillion times more than Zutton/Snaggletooth.

Question for those who pay attention to such things, is there a guy on Tatooine in Episode I who's wearing a suit just like BoShek's and is wearing a helmet you can't see into?

evenflow
08-30-2001, 08:03 AM
I am one of those people who want all the vintage figures redone. I hope to see an Imperial Dignitary, Cloud Car pilot, Madine, ad Ewoks soon.