PDA

View Full Version : 42

Tycho
05-12-2013, 08:57 PM
The best baseball movie and great history plus Harrison Ford's Academy Award winning performance.

I loved seeing 42! This is one you can't miss.

El Chuxter
05-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I want to see this just to see Wash and Han in a film together. Too bad Kirk couldn't join them.

bigbarada
05-12-2013, 11:03 PM
I saw this the other night with some friends of mine and, while I was a bit reluctant to go see a "baseball movie" I was actually a little surprised that there wasn't more baseball scenes in the movie. Overall, I liked it though.

I just realized "Wash" was a reference to Alan Tudyk. I remember him from Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil, one of the greatest comedy-horror films ever made. Anyways, he did great job of portraying a character that made you want to just crawl through the movie screen and punch in the face.

Did Harrison Ford really win an Oscar for that role? He was excellent in the movie.

Tycho
05-13-2013, 12:48 AM
No. the movie is new. It won't be nominated for an Oscar until next Oscars awards.

But Ford really deserves one. He normally act as an action hero and here he actually acted and played a role of someone so different from himself

I am obviously a Star Wars and Indiana Jones fan but this could be Harrison's best outing as an actor.