PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness @ Your Local TRU?

SirSteve
03-11-2002, 05:39 PM
I have been getting a few e-mails asking if Toy's "R" Us is going to have their "midnight madness" sale like they did for Episode I. Well, some are and some are not. If your local Toy's "R" Us is opening at midnight to sell Episode II toys, I want to know. From there, I will compile a list and post it in our news section.

All I want to know are the stores that ARE opening up at midnight.

Thanks.

InsaneJediGirl
03-12-2002, 04:23 PM
SirSteve,

I e-mailed Toys'R'Us today and here is the response I recived

Thank you for contacting Toysrus.com.
At this time we do not have any information regarding Midnight Madness for the Ocala, FL store. However, we do receive updates daily. We suggest that you contact us within the upcoming weeks.Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

So,In a few weeks I'll be able to tell if you if Midnight Madness is
happenin in Ocala or not.

Jedi Clint
03-21-2002, 12:21 AM
I got a b.s. response from the south side D.M. Ia TRU as well. "We don't know if we will or won't." I need a definite answer for cryin' out loud. I have kids to deposit somewhere if I'm gonna be out capturing toys at midnight and that requires advanced notice.....the more the better. This wishy washy crud is harshin' my gig man! :(

2-1B
03-21-2002, 12:29 AM
I'm trying to get an answer out of my local 24 hour Wal-Mart as to whether they will put out the merch at midnight. I'm pretty sure one of the two TRUs will do midnight madness, but Wal-Mart will be my first choice :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 01:26 PM
I got the same wishy washy response over in Davenport JediClint. My thinking is screw your midnite madness then. I'll take my money to Wal-mart. Say good bye to $400 TRU.:mad:

Mr Sci Fi
03-21-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm sure the Yakima, Wa store will probably be doing it, The manager there helped start the midnight openings last time.

El Chuxter
03-21-2002, 04:09 PM
Well, if the (somewhat farfetched) story over at theforce.net (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#14969) is to be believed, Wally World is making a serious push to get collecting dollars on the 23rd.

And to answer the question, Steve, I've not been able to find out anything definite from any of the TRU's in the San Bernardino/Riverside, CA area. :(

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 06:09 PM
same old at the TRU in South portland Maine.They have no idea right now if it'll happen or not.Haven't decided yet.
So instead of driving 76 miles one way I'll drive 12 and go hang out at the 24 hr Walmart and wait for them

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Wal Mart might have got hosed the last time Midnite Madness rolled around because they couldn't exclaim "We are opening our doors especially for you, Star Wars fans!" Everybody lined up at TRU even though Wal Mart was open anyway and probably had better prices. So they are rectifying the problem by showing the consumers that they too are open at midnite on that faithful night.

stevenmh
03-22-2002, 08:28 AM
I talked to the manager at the Lynchburg, VA, TRU, and she said they don't know yet. She told me that it's a corporate decision as to which TRU's will do midnight madness, and they haven't been informed yet whether they will be one of the ones to do it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-24-2002, 09:40 PM
I'm planning to go to the least busiest of all my local TRUs in Niagara Falls NY. The store is located next to a once thriving mall that is now on life support. My friend went in 99' and was first in line and only waited a few hours. I skipped the one in 99' but will go this year just to get the experience. :happy:

jedihunter25
03-25-2002, 01:16 AM
I'm going to Walmart since there are two of them (the closest to me) that are only three miles apart. Last time eveyone here went to TRU (a big line that wrapped around the building- since there is only three TRU in Las Vegas) and hardly anyone went to Walmart. But at Walmart they will probly start putting the new stuff out a little later than TRU, they are kind of slow but I think they are a little cheaper and when all that stuff adds up it makes a big difference- rent and Celebration II the next week!!!!