PDA

View Full Version : Black Series 3 3/4 Wave 1

DarkJedi5
06-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Some hi-res images have hit the web today of Vader, Luke, Padme, and Biggs carded from wave 1 and I've got to say... meh. I'm no carded collector but JEEZ these look boring. The card is almost entirely black and the blisters look so empty! I know they're not packaging any fewer accessories than they did with the Vintage line, but the larger blister makes it look like you're getting a lot less toy.

I'm also a little disappointed by the make-up of the wave as a whole. I know the line up was announced a long time ago (before being bumped into this new collection) but not a single one of the eight figures in this wave is a never before made character or costume. Sure, I think that Padme and the Clone pilot were good candidates for a resculpt, but this is the third time since 1995 we've gotten a pilot Biggs! A character with what, ten minutes of screen time?

It's been so long since I bought any figures that it almost feels like I quit collecting and line ups like this don't really do much to rekindle my interest in the hobby.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
The second wave is a little better - booster jets R2-D2, Pablo-Jill, Luminara Unduli, Mara Jade, black pauldron Sandtrooper, and Utapau Clone Trooper, from what it seems. Still, as you said, none of these figures offer anything in the way of newness aside from sculpt or paint.

The card art, as seen on YodasNews (http://yodasnews.com/), is indeed pretty boring. It's just a little too sparse. It looks better on Vader than it does on Padmé, and I like the character art, but overall it is very underwhelming. It seems that the cards are actually going to be skinnier and taller than TVC cards, so it might look better than it seems. As always, my opinion will be most influenced by how they actually look in person and on the shelf, but it doesn't look very thrilling so far.

They really don't need to pack Biggs at two per case in addition to carrying him forward in wave two. I understand them wanting to update him to be in line with the other pilots (thankfully they didn't stick him on Luke's body), and wanting him to be available at the same time as his X-wing, but it's a little overkill. I'm not sure how well Anakin will sell either - there hasn't been a single-carded AOTC Jedi version since a repack in 2010, but that run was very low, and we've seen ROTS and/or TCW Anakins nonstop since 2005 (and the peasant disguise version from 2011). Having Vader and the Biker Scout at two per case is probably a good idea, though.

Also, Padmé's right elbow joint has the same mismatched color syndrome that's been affecting figures lately. It doesn't look like any of the other three figures have any such issues, but to have it on a flesh part just looks poor.

JediTricks
06-08-2013, 08:13 PM
These are really, REALLY bad cards. The wide expanse of empty bubble plus a ton of empty top card space, it's an eyesore. I think the idea was to look "premium", "classy", but these miss every single mark there. I know they scrambled to put this line together, but this should not have passed muster. They should call this line "The Bleak Series", cards that look like cheap knockoffs with no sense of how to design anything, the best part of the packaged look here, figures and all, is seeing the bubble sports a recycling number.

I was already pretty turned off by the assortment of characters included here, but those cards really put it over the top of "stuff I definitely don't want to spend $10 on."

The only figure that looks like a total improvement is Biggs, and he's barely in the film, I am highly doubtful I'll be buying him after already owning the previous versions.

Padme looks ok minus that stupid STUPID white pvc elbow insert - and you know why it's so stupid? BECAUSE THE HANDS ARE ALREADY SHOT IN PVC AS WELL AND THEY'RE FLESH COLOR!!! So this comes off as just "it's too difficult to explain to the factory people that these are 2 different inserts, flesh right vs white left." And the face paint still misses the mark, undoing the work of the sculpt.

Luke looks unrecognizable, the face is too wide and the nose too high.

And Vader appears to be the same Evolutions Vader again with swappable hands, it's a cute idea but not worth $10 to me.

What a mess.

El Chuxter
06-09-2013, 01:32 AM
That Luke looks like someone. I can't place it. It's not Mark Hamill, though.

When I can figure out who it is that he looks like, I'll start calling that figure that. :)

That first wave is really quite boring. I have a bad feeling about the later waves. :(

JEDIpartner
06-19-2013, 06:54 PM

Maybe a little Owen Wilson...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2013, 05:14 PM

When I can figure out who it is that he looks like, I'll start calling that figure that. :)
He kind of looks like John Denver, no?

Here's a shot (http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1017079_10151564726588558_1601896881_n.jpg) of the back of some of the cards. I find it very interesting that the packaging doesn't refer to or have images of any other products - which, with the exception of some exclusives, seems to be a first in the line's history, and certainly a first for basic figures. It would be easy to think that they did this so as not to put figures on there that end up being cancelled, but they've typically not gone beyond the waves that are already currently available, so that shouldn't really be an issue. I think it really is just to highlight the individual character.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-04-2013, 12:35 PM
JediTempleArchives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12007) posted some loose shots of the wave from someone who bought them already in Hong Kong. Most of them are looking better and more interesting than the images we've seen so far, thankfully. Anakin's head isn't great but I'm glad to see that he has ball-jointed hips and ankles. Padmé's face looks much better here as well.

JediTricks
07-04-2013, 01:59 PM
JediTempleArchives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12007) posted some loose shots of the wave from someone who bought them already in Hong Kong. Most of them are looking better and more interesting than the images we've seen so far, thankfully. Anakin's head isn't great but I'm glad to see that he has ball-jointed hips and ankles. Padmé's face looks much better here as well.Padme looks better, head is still too big but the hairline isn't as out of place, face has more likeness, paint is not as wacky. She has a HUGE caboose though.

Anakin's face sculpt looks like actor Brian Thompson with that square face, curved eyebrows, wide mouth with thin lips, and heavy brow. I'm not digging the recent use of those ball-jointed ankles, they don't look very good and they don't bear weight well.

Is that Biggs or Charles Bronson?

That Luke figure's face, yuck. The eyes, eyebrows, and jaw are all wrong.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
I just picked up six of these figures at Target. There was another collector who was getting the Luke and Clone Sergeant, and someone else had evidently gotten the other Vader.

My first impression is that the figures themselves look pretty great. The packaging is still plain in person, though it actually works well and doesn't look as empty as I thought it would. The plastic of the bubble feels like a different, thinner material than previous lines, though it does have raised detail shaped like the orange Bespin-style design. The card itself is about 4.5" wide and 9" tall, so it is thinner than previous cards.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to open but I'll write more then.

Snowtrooper
07-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Padme is the only one I'm interested in. The others I either have plenty of already, or they just don't look very good.

figrin bran
07-24-2013, 03:03 PM
I bought Padme from Target. If you sign up for Target's Cartwheel mobile phone coupon system, you can save 5% on your black series purchases.

JediTricks
07-27-2013, 02:22 PM
TRU was having a BOGO50% sale when I found Biggs, Vader, and a Biker Scout the other day. I had already found 2x Scouts, Clone Lt, Clone Pilot, 2x Anakins, and maybe something else at Target earlier in the day but passed at $10 each.

None of the 3 Biker Scouts I saw had remotely adequate paint on the helmet, worst masking I've seen in years, hopefully that gets smoothed out; paint on the Scout Trooper is a little different from the TRU-exclusive set last year, boots have a yellow sole instead of tan was the big thing I noticed.

So I bought Biggs and Vader.

Biggs is good, they did his eyes small so he reminds me of Clark Gable in the face. I think the body is new, or at least partly new, the pilot chest box hose plugs in under the right armpit, and it's not translucent the way the other pilot figures in orange have been. The helmet is well painted but lacks weathering. A lot of work was put sculpting the hair messy just right, even with a part in the right place, and effort was taken to paint the part. This is officially the last Biggs Darklighter figure I want to see Hasbro do, it's stupid that a blink-and-you-miss-him character has almost half a dozen different figures.

Vader is much better than I expected, but I expected very little. The body is the Evolutions one yet again, the soft goods through the armor body, but they finally stepped up the soft goods to the quality of other figures in the line so it's not as transparent and lightweight. The head, I think this is a new sculpt as it's one piece and it's actually sharper than the recent ANH Vader head. The head and belt are rendered very nicely, it looks like someone took the time to let the parts cool longer than they usually do as they're sharp and have no warping, and their shiny black color is very strong compared to most. The shoulder armor is still way bendy due to the odd design of the figure. The blast effect is nifty and removable, the hand can hold the included Han blaster which has a nice sculpt to it, or the regular overly-open hand can.

Vader's cape is another through-the-neck-post affair, but the head is easily removable so once again he can wear his cape on a chain like he's supposed to.

DarkJedi5
07-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Got my hands on Luke, Anakin, and Biggs yesterday and having gotten them out of the packaging I'm afraid I'm not blown away. JT pretty much covered the Biggs so I won't waste the digital ink but I've gotta say that the Luke is pretty lame. For starters, the head sculpt seems okay head on but from either profile it looks like a completely different person. At some point I'll try some head swaps and see if there's anything that fits the post that looks better. I'm also not thrilled with the way the lightsaber hilt (when plugged into the figure) causes the edge of the jacket to flare out, but in retrospect, Luke doesn't wear his saber during the ceremony (which I think is interesting because the symbolism of having a Jedi fighting for the Rebellion would have a lot of symbolism to the average grunt) so I guess it's not a big deal.

The Anakin is a welcome update since it does away with the soft goods (though, this may not be the first in that regard) and it has really interesting ankle joints that I don't think I've seen on a Star Wars figure thus far. They're like some super ball joint that allows for the usual range of motion but also allows the ankle to roll in or outward for more dynamic posing. This would be a cool new joint to use on troopers and Jedi to open up greater posing options for people who like to display their figures in action. I've got two knocks against the Anakin figure, the first is the mechanical hand which is a little on the flimsy side. This makes it difficult to press into the socket without bending and if it isn't inserted properly, it just falls out of the sleeve. The second issue is the fact that Anakin doesn't come with a lightsaber hilt despite having the hole drilled in his belt for one. I've got plenty already so this isn't a huge problem for me, it's just that if this is meant to be a deluxe collector line, how come they failed to include such a minor accessory that probably wouldn't have affected the cost of this figure and certainly would have fit in the bubble?

JediTricks
07-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Not surprised at all on those notes on Luke, that figure really looked like a misfire to me.

So Anakin's ankles, I've seen this design before on a few figures but the joint often ends up leaving a gap between the shoe and the ankle, is that not an issue with Anakin?

Your point on not including the hilt is right on the money, this isn't a premium figure if you can't find the money to include a silver lightsaber hilt that already has existing tooling.

DarkJedi5
07-30-2013, 09:55 AM
So Anakin's ankles, I've seen this design before on a few figures but the joint often ends up leaving a gap between the shoe and the ankle, is that not an issue with Anakin?

That's exactly why I noticed the new joint in the first place. I was turning the figure over in my hand, inspecting it from all sides and said, "Whoa, they totally f'ed up his ankles!" Then, looking closer saw it was a new joint design. In the dark colors of his boots the gap isn't terribly noticeable but on white troopers like I suggested, it might be more of an eye-sore.

JediTricks
07-30-2013, 12:45 PM
That's exactly why I noticed the new joint in the first place. I was turning the figure over in my hand, inspecting it from all sides and said, "Whoa, they totally f'ed up his ankles!" Then, looking closer saw it was a new joint design. In the dark colors of his boots the gap isn't terribly noticeable but on white troopers like I suggested, it might be more of an eye-sore.Ah, ok. Yeah, I like the IDEA of this joint, but the execution in other lines has left me cold. Not only is it aesthetically questionable, but I feel like it's a lot of weight on a very small point of failure. So far though, the joint has passed with flying colors, I guess most of the weight is still left on the shoe rather than the peg.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2013, 10:25 PM
The several Targets I hit today all had reset, but all had pegs labeled for TVC and not TBS, which I really think will come back to bite them in the long run. So far I haven't seen a store that's gotten in more than one case, at least from what I can tell. I did pick up a second Clone Pilot with better visor paint, though.

A few of the Walmarts had also reset, but their SW sections were pretty small compared to what they once were (those 31" Vaders certainly didn't help anything). One that had pegs labeled for 3 3/4" Black Series were crammed full of full-price Discover the Force trash from 17 months ago. It looks like Walmart is clearing out TCW figures at $7 each, though at most of mine, the DTF, Movie Heroes, and TPM TVC figures are the problems, not TCW.

JediTricks
08-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I think TBS is using the same DPCI number as TVC at Target, which would explain the TVC shelf tags.

OC47151
08-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Saw these for the first time, first hand, yesterday at the local Kmart. Nice to see the figs are gonna be $10 at the Big K and not higher, like past lines.

Padme was gone. Anakin and the clones looked good. Biggs' flight suit was too orange. Like safety cone orange, but that's my thought. No sign of ceremonial Luke.

sith_killer_99
08-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Things are not looking good for this line.

All the retailers around me seem to be stocking Mission Series and Legends, Targets got the over priced exclusive "Rise of Vader" or whatever, but no 3.75 inch Black Series anywhere around. One or two Target's have at least one peg available for them but none in sight.

Target seems to be the only one carrying the 6 inch Black Series and they only got 1 case per store, all sold out around me. Hopefully they will get another case and the figures will actually make it to the shelves.

I have to admit, I'd be a lot more excited about the Legends and Mission series if they had more OT characters. I don't buy PT stuff anymore.

El Chuxter
08-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Remember when some of us were worried those '78-style figures would be ordered over the regular ones by stores because they're cheaper, and no one would buy them and they'd pegwarm hard, but only a lucky few would find the other figures because stores, being stores, would assume the lackluster performance of the "Dollar General" line represented a lack of interest in Star Wars altogether?

Yeah, who's laughing now? Okay, not me, because it would be nice to see some real Star Wars figures. :(

sith_killer_99
08-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Remember when some of us were worried those '78-style figures would be ordered over the regular ones by stores because they're cheaper, and no one would buy them and they'd pegwarm hard, but only a lucky few would find the other figures because stores, being stores, would assume the lackluster performance of the "Dollar General" line represented a lack of interest in Star Wars altogether?

No, I don't remember because I backed off from collecting in late 2006 and have only bought a few things here and there, I'm just now getting back into the game and my collecting has radically changed. lol

OC47151
08-15-2013, 08:19 AM
One of my WMs was in the middle of a reset the last time I was there. Hoping the new stuff will show up after that project is done.

Other than the same old ships in new packaging, nothing at TRU.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2013, 01:15 PM

Yeah, who's laughing now? Okay, not me, because it would be nice to see some real Star Wars figures. :(

I don't know if it's fair to judge the performance of the new lines when they're only just starting to hit. From what I've read, Target has already run through its first allocation of TBS figures and will be getting more soon, and Walmart and Kmart are still resetting but products there are just starting to trickle in. I believe TRU still needs to reset as well, even though some stores have gotten in the figures. I assume we'll have a clearer picture of what's going on in about a month or so.

bigbarada
08-15-2013, 07:37 PM

To be honest, we don't know if the 5-POA lines are selling well or not. If they were produced in gigantic quantities, then they could conceivably pegwarm AND outsell the "premium" line at the same time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2013, 05:10 PM
One of the Walmarts that had reset the SW pegs to a small area re-reset as of last night and things were in much better shape. They didn't have any more DTF figures, and they still had several Quinlan Vos figures, but they had two pegs for 3 3/4" Black Series and four leftover figures from the first wave. Still no space for vehicles or 6" figures though.

JediTricks
08-16-2013, 11:09 PM
My TRU still has a few Yarnas, now down to $2.48 but in packaging so ratty it looks like it'd give you a disease.

sith_killer_99
08-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Walmart actually had these in stock today. I bought the Scout Trooper, Biggs and Vader.

El Chuxter
08-19-2013, 10:47 PM
I saw them all and easily passed. They're boring. I want new figures if I'm paying ten bucks. Or at least major league improvements.

sith_killer_99
08-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I must have missed some Scout Troopers somewhere. Most of mine are POTJ, this one has more articulation. The Vader is different from any of the loose Vader's I have as well, more soft goods, blaster bolt hand and Han blaster, plus I don't have a loose Biggs, so these were money well spent for me. I've been out of the game too long. lol

On the flip side I kinda like the smaller cards, though the bubble on the Scout Trooper I got was poorly attached, literally half of the bubble was separating from the card. Fortunately I was planning to open it anyway.

bigbarada
08-20-2013, 07:08 PM
I must have missed some Scout Troopers somewhere. Most of mine are POTJ, this one has more articulation. The Vader is different from any of the loose Vader's I have as well, more soft goods, blaster bolt hand and Han blaster, plus I don't have a loose Biggs, so these were money well spent for me. I've been out of the game too long. lol

On the flip side I kinda like the smaller cards, though the bubble on the Scout Trooper I got was poorly attached, literally half of the bubble was separating from the card. Fortunately I was planning to open it anyway.

So you missed out on the 2006 Biker Scout on the vintage card? That figure was rereleased several times over the years.

sith_killer_99
08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
I bought the 2006 Biker Scout on the vintage card, he's still on his card. lol

Interesting that he's been released so often. I MAY have a couple extras that I picked up, but they are all still on their cards.

Okay, I have at least a half a dozen of them...still on their cards and inside the protective case.

I have a slight issue with OT imperials and self-control. In fact, as I am going through my loose figures I realized I have more than a dozen of the Scout Troopers from POTJ. That is, more than a dozen of each version, clean and dirty (or blasted). hehehe

OC47151
08-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Saw the Padme and ceremonial Luke 3 3/4-inch figs for the first time today, as well as Biggs, the scout trooper and Anakin. Thought the paint jobs on Padme and Luke could've been better, especially round the joints.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2013, 12:02 AM
This evening I picked up the variant Biker Scout at TRU - all previous versions I'd seen had the white straps near the hip pouches, but this one has black stripes, more like the Speeder Bike version. Not the most thrilling of variations, but there it is.

sith_killer_99
08-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Is anyone else seeing problems with the bubble attachments?

I have seen a ton of these with poor bubble attachments, peeling, pulling from the card or just plain not fully attached!

I wasn't aware of the white/black strap variants, I just checked mine and the straps are black.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Is anyone else seeing problems with the bubble attachments?

I have seen a ton of these with poor bubble attachments, peeling, pulling from the card or just plain not fully attached!

I wasn't aware of the white/black strap variants, I just checked mine and the straps are black.

I haven't seen this in the stores, but Yakface posted a video that shows, if you shake a Black Series figure, the bubble will fall right off the card. I tried it with the Biker Scout I bought, and sure enough, it separated from the cardboard after a few good seconds of shaking. To be fair, I don't think anyone should be shaking them that much - even standard shipping and handling should be fine. But I wonder if it will be a problem for carded collectors down the line.

El Chuxter
08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
We've all seen evidence that some store employees are less than gentle with figures, though.

sith_killer_99
08-26-2013, 01:23 PM
This problem is much more pronounced than I have ever seen. Some of the bubbles are clearly attached well, as seen by a much darker line of glue, while some of them have the darker line around just part of the bubble. Those are the ones that separate. If you pull on these they lift right off the card with no damage, but when you get to the darker partion the card paper tears.

I will post up some pictures tonight to show what I am talking about, but it looks like Hasbro is not using enough adhesive around the bubbles, so only part of the bubble sticks to the card.

This WILL be a problem for carded collectors.

JediTricks
08-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I have seen this bubble issue, I even reported it earlier. They aren't using scored plastic or cardbacks so the smooth-on-smooth connection isn't grabbing as well as it should, and the adhesive isn't attaching uniformly -- letting air in and drying it out before it can fully adhere to the cardback.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-26-2013, 09:27 PM
This WILL be a problem for carded collectors.Or, it will drive up prices for MOMC With Enough Glue figures.

sith_killer_99
08-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Or, it will drive up prices for MOMC With Enough Glue figures.

This X 1,000.

DarkJedi5
09-06-2013, 02:25 AM
I swung by my local neighborhood Target today and managed to find a few more figures that I'd been looking for (Biggs, Luke, and Anakin seem to be peg warming pretty hard around here but I can't find a Padme to save my life!). Anyway, I was about to open my newest acquisitions at home when I noticed something interesting; both of the figures I bought had a clear piece of tape across the top of the bubble where it meets the card back. I'm not sure whether this is a precaution that Target is taking (I hadn't seen this anywhere else) or if this is being done on the Hasbro side of things but it seems to be a new chapter in the saga of the crappy glue/bubble/card backs. Frankly, the tape is pretty useless since it only holds the bubble to the card on one of the four sides so whoever's idea it was it's pretty half baked and is only going to make life even more difficult for those people who must have MOMC.

sith_killer_99
09-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I have seen the tape thing done in several stores now. One side, two side, and/or top. I'm pretty sure the stores are doing this.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2013, 05:03 PM
The store employees must understand harder-to-find toys: when I brought the only-one-on-the-pegs Padme I'd found (the very cheap glue variant) to the cash register, he asked if there were any left. I love the Rattling Blaster feature, as it wasn't attached to her hand and somehow didn't fall out of the loose blister. I left most of the rest of the first wave (minus Vader) there.

JediTricks
09-08-2013, 02:36 PM
The tape is smart, the top of the blister is where the most flex will be and where gravity will pull hardest, and yet it'll still allow access to the figure later without excess frustration. My guess is it's Hasbro's move.

OC47151
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Saw first hand the bubble coming unglued from the cardback at a WM recently. If there's anything positive to say about it, at least it was neat and clean.

JediTricks
09-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Picked up Padme and Anakin at TRU using the 25% off coupon. Both figures had their bubbles taped at the top, Anakin needed it as his bubble wasn't glued at the lower right at all.

The Padme that I got has a wonky eye, it's not as bad in person as it looked in the store thankfully. It also has a manufacturing defect in the left hand, a void behind the thumb which is worrisome. The figure is pretty adequate from design and paint, minus the right elbow being white at its joint. The sculpt and paint on the face are decent, from either side it's a fairly good likeness and not bad from the front, which is where most falter. The scratches on the back are good. I don't love the mid-torso articulation, it's not a lot of range of movement, but it's well-integrated. The droid blaster fits only in her left hand, but it looks decent, and her right hand holds her Naboo pistol nicely. All in all, adequate, not worth $10 by any stretch of the imagination.

Anakin doesn't look like Hayden much, and his right arm can't be removed at the elbow. He can however replace his right hand with an included robot hand, and his outfit isn't soft goods so it stays on well and looks good. The likeness is slightly better from its left, but Hayden's features are very specific and seem to defy being turned into a toy, the head is short and the eyes sleepy-yet-dark in real life where on the figure even a millimeter causes a miss by a mile, the nose and brow on the figure come off too old. Articulation is decent, the lack of mid-torso jointing beyond the swivel waist is a disappointment but otherwise it holds up, although I still find the foot joint bizarre (it's the same one found on the 6" figures, lateral rotation on hinge integrated into the shoe's ankle). For $10, you get a lit lightsaber but not an unlit hilt to plug into the belt hole, nor the Geonosian arena sabers he wielded. All in all, the price pushes it to slightly below adequate, it's not as enticing as the Padme figure due to the lack of likeness recognizability.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2013, 04:28 AM
I've been photographing figures from this wave for long-overdue reviews. I'm still getting used to the new camera, and the setup is pretty simple, but I hope the photos will give a good idea of the figures and show how they fit in the collection. I prefer to set my figures up in dioramas, and since I have just about everything, I will be leaning away from clinical neutral poses and more towards showcasing what the figure can do and recreating scenes from the films and EU. Here are some raw shots for Padmé and Anakin.

JediTricks
10-14-2013, 06:56 PM
I've been photographing figures from this wave for long-overdue reviews. I'm still getting used to the new camera, and the setup is pretty simple, but I hope the photos will give a good idea of the figures and show how they fit in the collection. I prefer to set my figures up in dioramas, and since I have just about everything, I will be leaning away from clinical neutral poses and more towards showcasing what the figure can do and recreating scenes from the films and EU. Here are some raw shots for Padmé and Anakin.
2798927990Cool shots John! I like the idea of contextual shots, the more elements the better. If I might offer a piece of technical advice, I'd like to see more of the elements in focus in the photos such as that Padme one, you might consider stopping down your aperture to something like an f.11 or 16 (and of course adjust to a slower speed or a higher ISO to compensate for less light getting into the smaller aperture), but if you're going for more bokeh (the intentional out-of-focus effect where the background blurs) then of course you're right on target.