PDA

View Full Version : Jakk's Pacific 31" Darth Vader figure

bigbarada
06-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Has any seen the photos of this toy? I'm actually pretty impressed with the overall look of it. Of course, most of the body looks like lawn-ornament quality plastic and the hip-joint area looks a bit... odd, but the helmet sculpt looks great. Plus the size of the soft-goods means that they hang from the figure in a much more realistic way.

This is definitely something that I might consider buying, but that $50 price tag is going to be a bit painful.

Now I'd actually be interested in seeing other characters made in this line, like a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett or even a TIE Pilot.

JediTricks
06-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Only the photos Steve has put up, and I am just not into it at all, nothing at that scale ever makes sense to me, it always has compromises and limited everything - articulation, paint, sculpting - and then I can't imagine putting them in my house anywhere. This piece doesn't look bad for $50 if you have a place for it though.

bigbarada
06-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Well, whether I buy one or not is going to be 100% dependent on my impression of this thing in the stores. It is kind of an odd scale, now that I think about it, but I'm sure it was designed with 4-5 year old boys in mind who probably aren't much taller than 31" themselves.

JediTricks
06-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Well, whether I buy one or not is going to be 100% dependent on my impression of this thing in the stores. It is kind of an odd scale, now that I think about it, but I'm sure it was designed with 4-5 year old boys in mind who probably aren't much taller than 31" themselves.It's bigger than Shogun Warriors but smaller than My Size Barbie, it's a very odd size.

I saw more pics, looks alright but the cape being slightly sheer is unacceptable, especially at this scale.