PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars - The Black Series 6" Rumor List!!

Beast
06-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Saw this over at TNI's website. A lot of good stuff coming.

- Star Wars Episode 3 Anakin Skywalker 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897828
- Star Wars Episode 3 Obi Wan Kenobi 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898245
- Star Wars Episode 4 Greedo 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898269
- Star Wars Episode 5 Luke Bespin 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898252
- Star Wars Boba Fett 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897811
- Star Wars Slave Leia 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897804
- Star Wars Episode 4 Han Solo 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897835
- Star Wars Episode 4 Stormtrooper 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898238

Pretty good listing overall. I'll do a longer opinion breakdown later.

But I am disappointed by no C-3PO to go with R2-D2. And Slave Leia instead of a better version.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Boba and the Stormtrooper are obvious choices - Boba's already coming at SDCC, and the Stormtrooper can share some parts with the Sandtrooper. I'm surprised that there's still no Vader. I'll reserve judgment on any of these until pictures surface.

Beast
06-10-2013, 03:03 PM
I have a feeling that for large characters like Vader and Chewbacca they'll do separate release. Like back in the days of the 12" Figures... how they had that 14" Deluxe Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet as a standalone product. I bet we see it this year even.... as a tie-in to the 30th Anniversary of RotJ.

bigbarada
06-11-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty excited about Greedo, Han Solo and especially the Stormtrooper. In fact, I might hold off on buying the Sandtrooper until I see how the Stormtroopers turn out.

I'm really hope they nail the Harrison Ford likeness on the Han Solo figure. I'm pretty forgiving of that in the 3.75" line, but for a $20 6" figure, the likeness better be amazing for me to spend the money. Same with Greedo.

Slave Leia seems like an obvious choice. That's arguably the second most iconic Leia outfit. Sure, the ANH version would be nice, but honestly, her original outfit is so plain looking I'm not even sure if I would buy it in this scale. I'm pretty sure that I'll pick up a Slave Leia, though.

Anakin and Obi-Wan are definite passes for me. Which is fine, I'm actually glad they decided to go with two Prequel figures that I have zero interest in. If they had started with Clonetroopers right off the bat, then I might have had some trouble saying no.

Bespin Luke could be amazing and I'm sure Boba Fett will look exactly like his SDCC counterpart.

Beast
06-11-2013, 12:59 AM
I have a feeling that the Boba Fett will actually be retooled and repainted as RotJ Fett.

sebillba
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
I wasn't intending to collect this line, but I'm definitely down for a Greedo. And I might get sucked into buying Han to go with him, if it's a good sculpt.... and then I might get Bespin Luke if a Yoda is announced to follow soon... and so it starts........

DarkJedi5
06-11-2013, 10:15 PM
I wasn't intending to collect this line, but I'm definitely down for a Greedo. And I might get sucked into buying Han to go with him, if it's a good sculpt.... and then I might get Bespin Luke if a Yoda is announced to follow soon... and so it starts........

I feel the exact same way; I had no interest in this line at all ... until I realized there's no way I'd be able to pass up Vader when they finally got around to making him ... and then I'd want troopers to surround him ... and then Boba Fett ... but then I'd need the rest of the ESB hunters ... then why not Greedo too ... but how can you turn down the core heroes; Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia ... and then you realize you've bought all of them. DAMN YOU HASBRO!

Tycho
06-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Luke Bespin is one off my wishlist.

He will be my first 6" purchase if he'll look good with the Darth Vader Bespin Unleashed figure from a few years back. That's "if."

My other 2 are Qui-Gon and the Snowtrooper.

sith_killer_99
06-15-2013, 02:37 PM
I have not bought any new figures in a long time.

I am excited about this new series, they are a bit more expensive, but it is a smaller line with fewer figures, and better detail. I will likely collect all of these.

Beast
06-18-2013, 05:41 AM
It appears that Entertainment Earth is sneak peeking the production of Greedo on their website.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/BlackSeries.asp#.UcA4YJybA2B

Tycho
06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
I thought about collecting all cantina aliens done in this scale.

Thought about it.

That would depend on them making obscurities like Labrina or Hem Dazon, more than just the predictable Momaw Nadon (as nice as that could be) and Ponda Baba, Zutton, etc.

I'll wait and see.

Beast
06-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Reveal #2 for Greedo is up now. Looking very very good so far. Love all the attention to detail.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/sales/0613_hasbroblack/Reveal/bnJf_SW_BS_reveal2.png

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2013, 10:56 AM
It's sort of odd that they decided to add pockets to the vest - the Paul Blake costume has pockets but the Maria D'Aragon costume, which is the one used in close-ups, does not. None of the 3 3/4" figures (three sculpts plus revised paint jobs for one of them) have pockets on the vest - I'm not sure why they're following the behind-the-scenes photos so much more than the film itself.

Beast
06-25-2013, 11:59 AM
I think the vest looks better with pockets. And he does have pockets in some shots.

If it's soft enough plastic you can probably just reverse it? We'll see if the final version has pockets.

Tycho
06-25-2013, 12:05 PM
What does Greedo need pockets for? Hasbro is already reaching deep into our own for these.

Remember, I think these are $20 per figure MSRP.

Beast
06-25-2013, 12:18 PM
What does Greedo need pockets for? Hasbro is already reaching deep into our own for these.

Remember, I think these are $20 per figure MSRP.
I don't think anyone forgot the price. It's pretty decent price for a high quality 6" Collectors line.

JediTricks
06-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Dang, there's a lot of work going into this piece, I feel bad now that I have little interest in getting a Greedo figure.

I figure Hasbro/GG is going on what the Lucasfilm archives present them with. It is odd to have pockets on the vest, and a boxy belt, though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2013, 02:25 PM
I think the vest looks better with pockets. And he does have pockets in some shots.
He does indeed have pockets in some shots, but I consider the pocket-free version to be the main version, since that's what we see in his confrontation with Han (which is essentially his entire screentime). Those close-ups were specifically done since the original version looked poor, so why would Hasbro go back to the version that the movie itself doesn't prefer?

I figure Hasbro/GG is going on what the Lucasfilm archives present them with. It is odd to have pockets on the vest, and a boxy belt, though.
The first week's reference image reveal (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/sales/0613_hasbroblack/Reveal/xrqv_SW_BS_reveal1.png) at least had two shots of the Maria D'Aragon costume, but this week is 100% Paul Blake. LFL is usually better about this sort of thing, but I would hope that Hasbro would at least watch the character's scenes once or twice to verify.

The belt doesn't bug me since you really only ever see one version of the belt in the finished film, and it's boxy. The 1999 Commtech figure had smallish boxes, and the VTSC figure smoothed them out so it could fit a holster over the belt.

Beast
07-02-2013, 02:05 AM
"Oota Goota, Solo?" - Week 3 Greedo Reveal is now up. And awesome! :)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/sales/0613_hasbroblack/Reveal/Jfebw_SW_BS_reveal3.png

Beast
07-08-2013, 08:51 AM
The case listing for Wave 2 has shown up. So now we know what's in Wave 2 and Wave 3.

Wave 2
1x Slave Leia
1x Boba Fett
1x EP. IV Han Solo
1x Ep. III Anakin Skywalker

So that means that Wave 3 is likely...

1x Greedo
1x Luke Skywalker: Bespin
1x Stormtrooper
1x Ep. III Obi-Wan Kenobi

JediTricks
07-08-2013, 12:25 PM
So what's the excitement level for these right now? I'm not seeing a lot of excitement for the SDCC-exclusive Boba set, but that's $50.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
The case listing for Wave 2 has shown up. So now we know what's in Wave 2 and Wave 3.

Wave 2
1x Slave Leia
1x Boba Fett
1x EP. IV Han Solo
1x Ep. III Anakin Skywalker

So that means that Wave 3 is likely...

1x Greedo
1x Luke Skywalker: Bespin
1x Stormtrooper
1x Ep. III Obi-Wan Kenobi

If that list is correct, it's odd that Entertainment Earth has been saying Greedo will be in wave 2.

Since these are already out in Hong Kong, people have been posting some good images of them. Maul's horns are still a little stubby and the red paint bleeds onto them too much, and it looks like R2-D2 is actually a little too short to be in scale with the others, but otherwise everything is looking pretty awesome. I'm more excited for the return of basic figures (even if they aren't the most exciting), but I am looking forward to seeing the 6" line in person.

Beast
07-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Yeah... ShorT-D2 is a bit disappointing. But I'm still excited for the line.

Hopefully they'll revisit R2-D2 in a couple years and we'll get a bit larger one.

sith_killer_99
07-08-2013, 05:36 PM
So what's the excitement level for these right now? I'm not seeing a lot of excitement for the SDCC-exclusive Boba set, but that's $50.

I am really looking forward to this line.

I am a little disappointed that I will not be at SDCC to buy the Boba Fett. I am hoping not to have to pay an arm and a leg for this thing. Ebayers are asking $125 or so. :-/

Beast
07-11-2013, 10:03 PM
And nobody posted the awesome sauce image of the 6" Greedo? Tsk.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/sales/0613_hasbroblack/Reveal/uirweq_SW_BS_reveal4.png

Also confirms he'll be in Wave 2 rather than Wave 3. Since his Collector Number is #07.

JediTricks
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
I saw it, didn't find it awesome. Good, not great, doubting I'll drop $20 on it.

Ears are too big, this was actually a "correction" done to in the CAD file from the week 2's reveal but it wasn't until I saw the final output where it really stood out.

Eye color, I just don't know what they were thinking, that's simply way too light.

Vest and outfit color are taken from 2 different palettes, the vest is too bright for any of them but taken from in-camera lighting, the outfit however is taken from washed-out studio lighting and a flash.

Neck joint uses that same Gentle Giant hinge from the Disney parks Indiana Jones figure, that's an odd one, it looks obvious and makes the neck a little too long.

Tycho
07-15-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm still barely interested in 6" figures.

My buy list (if they make these - though some are confirmed):

1. Snowtrooper
2. Qui-Gon
3. Luke Bespin (confirmed I think)
4. ROTS Obi-Wan (confirmed I think)

And there remains the possibility that I would get some 6" figures surrounding a celebration of Cloud City in Episode 5, beginning with Lando Bespin, and then the appropriate characters that I could put in a small scene around him, like Leia Bespin (red gown) and Chewie with 3PO parts in a box, and of course Han Bespin.

JediTricks
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Anybody want to lay odds on how many waves this line lasts? Before it comes out, to be sporting.

I'll start:

2 waves - 500 to 1
3 to 4 waves - 10 to 1
5 to 7 waves - 2 to 1
8 to 9 waves - 5 to 1
10 to 14 waves - 100 to 1
15 waves or more - 1,000 to 1

Alright, who's taking book on those odds? :D

Tycho
07-15-2013, 07:08 PM
8-9 waves = 2-1.

Why? In waves of 4 this would seem to suggest there will be something between 30 and 50 figures. I'm being very loose with the math. But my reason is that with 6 movies that would encompass most of the major characters And troop builders.

You will not see Bail Organa, But I did not take into account Star Wars 7 figures. That might keep a line going longer.

JediTricks
07-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Considering Greedo is in wave 3, I think they're going beyond the major guys already.

Darth Metalmute
07-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Are we including re-packs? Or considering all waves are 4 new figures?

I'll take 3-4 waves, however, I'll back that bet up with an 8-9 wave bet.

If it gets past wave 4 and Greedo, they'll end up making more than 28 figures overall. But I can see this only lasting a 12 month cycle (4 waves).

Tycho
07-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes, Greedo as a choice is a good point.

However, going further with Hammerhead and Walrusman, Snaggletoothe, maybe the Weequay and Gamorrean still ranks a tier above Bail Organa or Tion Meddon since the others I mentioned were indeed original vintage figures.

Now Hem Dazon would fall in between the "worthiness" of these other OT choices, as more desired than the PT characters, but less demanded than say like Gentle Giant experiences with their 1/6 scale re-dos of the O.V.F.C.

But there are still characters like Slave Leia, Tarkin, and Wedge that come in over Hem Dazon, OT as they all may be.

When you look at this new sized line, the marketing of these characters could be a litmus test. Oh sure, they could make a never-before-made figure for Padme (like AOTC Palpatine's Office / Coruscant Apt.) but this only fills the Padme slot with a figure different from the Geonosian Arena one.

In order of decreasing likelihood:

Gamorrean
Wedge
Hem Dazon
Bail Organa
Tion Meddon
Nyrat Agira (Club Outlander "hottie" I've always wanted)

As I said, an alternate choice for Padme would be interesting, but wouldn't mean squat (I need her made in that outfit for the 3 3/4" line and wouldn't like to see the budget wasted on a size I'm not going to likely buy).

But if Hasbro makes a 6" Nyrat Agira, we're all way off. And moving in reverse (up my list from the least likely towards an obvious choice, Hasbro's choices would indicate a commitment to the line. But a 6" Yarna dal Gargan could crash it. Even Dengar, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM could not come off the pegs at a rate good enough to support a lot more than 50 figures total for this line. Bespin Guard? Lobot? Never going to happen.

Beast
07-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Boba Fett confirmed to be re-released in Wave 2. Figure #06.

http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12684

Beast
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Wave 2 is now officially confirmed.

Slave Leia, Han Solo ANH, Greedo, Boba Fett (same as exclusive without carbonite Han.)

Odd that no Prequel figure in the Wave. Guess Anakin and Obi-Wan: ROTS will ship together in Wave 3.

Beast
07-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Jedi Defender has an early rough prototype image of 6" Obi-Wan: RotS from the display.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=14755

Beast
07-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Either Jabba, the Wampa, or a Tauntaun will be out for the line in 12-18 months:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSHPOLGBpcs&feature=youtu.be

I'm almost gonna bet on Jabba. Since we got Leia: Slave Girl coming in Wave 2.

Tycho
07-25-2013, 12:40 AM
I will buy ROTS Obi-Wan.

He'll look alright posed with my Unleashed Grievous.

Grievous is bigger than he's usually made anyway.

Luke Bespin vs. Unleashed ESB Vader might look alright for the same reason.

Not sure about my choices with Qui-Gon (Unleashed Maul is smaller than others)

Forget a Snowtrooper now. The 6" scale is not even close to 7."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2013, 02:13 PM
In addition to the new 3 3/4" figures I posted in another thread, JediNews (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12774) shows the new 6" Bespin Luke and Stormtrooper figures. The trooper's helmet looks a little strange but overall they're both very cool.

Beast
07-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Nice! Luke: Bespin and Stormtrooper are looking pretty awesome sauce. :)

Tycho
07-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Off topic (sort of): I like the Darth Plageuis figure! Looking forward to that one to pose with my Ep. 1 SENATOR Palpatine figure and / or Ep.1 Darth Sidious figure.

Back on Topic: The Luke Bespin is exactly (kind of) what I was hoping for. The head sculpt could still be a little better, but this is good.

He and Obi-Wan ROTS (don't think I've seen that one close yet) are sold.

Some of the few I'll own from this collection.

I actually really got tempted to get the Boba Fett / Han Carbonite at Comic Con. But as I sit here and type, my Hasbro 12" versions of these characters are right next to me on my desk. I think I can remain satisfied.

El Chuxter
07-25-2013, 06:29 PM
The lack of Jawas on any rumor list disturbs me greatly.

Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm just confused how Jawas, or R2 droids, or ugnaughts, or Ewoks, or Yoda can't actually BE 6" in size for this line. Whatta ripoff! ;)

Bespin Fatigued :o Luke is my fave in this whole figure line.

JediTricks
07-27-2013, 12:47 PM
In addition to the new 3 3/4" figures I posted in another thread, JediNews (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12774) shows the new 6" Bespin Luke and Stormtrooper figures. The trooper's helmet looks a little strange but overall they're both very cool.The stormtrooper's helmet is really odd, they replaced the Sandtrooper's "mouth" segment with a new one that simply doesn't fit, it's too big and bulbous.

Luke Bespin looked good at first blush, but the clearer pics show a horrendous likeness, a caricature at best. Hopefully that gets another pass before retail.

Umbra
07-29-2013, 07:57 PM
The stormtrooper's helmet is really odd, they replaced the Sandtrooper's "mouth" segment with a new one that simply doesn't fit, it's too big and bulbous.

yeah the storm trooper helmet has really been throwing me off too

Beast
10-30-2013, 08:09 PM
The lack of Jawas on any rumor list disturbs me greatly.

Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure.
Jawas you say.... you want Jawas? Then BAM! Your wish is granted. Jawas are coming.

Hasbro's Customer Service page kinda spilled the beans about some upcoming figures.

6" Black Series Jabba The Hut
6" Black Series Speederbike
6" Black Series E4 Chewbacca
6" Black Series E4 Tie Fighter Pilot
6" Black Series E5 C-3PO
6" Black Series E5 Darth Vader
6" Black Series E6 Luke Jedi
6" Black Series E2 CloneTrooper
6" Black Series Jawas

There's also multiple numbers for the Sandtrooper. Which may mean we'll see the other pauldrons.

bigbarada
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
The TIE Fighter Pilot could be potentially awesome and a great way for Hasbro to redeem themselves after that Stormtrooper they are releasing.

El Chuxter
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Jabba? Really. Holy crap. Don't get me wrong, that thing theoretically should be awesome, but the basic figures aren't moving well. He'd have to be a $40 figure, at least, and a much tougher sell. Not to mention he'd take up a ton of shelf space, which retailers don't like. He'd probably have to be an exclusive.

I've got to wonder if one of the multiple "Sandtroopers" is a typo for "Sand People." Seems odd to get Jawas without them. (And "Jawas" plural seems not in keeping with the TBS packaging aesthetic.)

In any case, no doubt I'd at least get the Jawas if they actually hit retail. :)

Now... "The lack of Ewoks on any rumor lists disturbs me greatly. Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure." ;)

Beast
10-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Jabba? Really. Holy crap. Don't get me wrong, that thing theoretically should be awesome, but the basic figures aren't moving well. He'd have to be a $40 figure, at least, and a much tougher sell. Not to mention he'd take up a ton of shelf space, which retailers don't like. He'd probably have to be an exclusive.
I don't know what area you're living in. But they were selling fairly hotly for months.
We're seeing some lingering now because stores kept reordering. But those will likely move as X-Mas approaches.
And they pretty much already confirmed that Jabba was coming during an interview during NYCC.
The Speederbike w/ Biker Scout shares the same Assortment Number, and has been confirmed to be $40-$45.

I've got to wonder if one of the multiple "Sandtroopers" is a typo for "Sand People." Seems odd to get Jawas without them. (And "Jawas" plural seems not in keeping with the TBS packaging aesthetic.)

In any case, no doubt I'd at least get the Jawas if they actually hit retail. :)
Possibly. But we got 12" Sand People long before we got 12" Jawas. And I think it suggests we'll get 2 per pack.

Now... "The lack of Ewoks on any rumor lists disturbs me greatly. Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure." ;)
Give 'em time. I'm sure at least Wicket has a good chance of showing up in the next few years.

El Chuxter
10-30-2013, 08:46 PM
SoCal, east of LA. Target's about the only store that carries them, and they haven't been able to get rid of them since the get-go.

Tycho
01-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Bossk
IG-88
Lando ( Outfit not specified but I hope its Cloud City )
Jango Fett
Mace Windu

Of course we're still going to see Luke Cloud City and Obi Wan Revenge of the Sith, plus the stormtrooper and Anakin Revenge of the Sith.

I heard this on the sideshow message boards from someone that seemed to be in the know.

Luke Jedi Knight and C3PO are also possible. Chewbacca is rumored too.

And I'm sure they'll do Darth Vader.

Beast
01-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Yeah.. much of that was reported months ago. And accidentally leaked due to Hasbro.

6" Black Series Jabba The Hut
6" Black Series Speederbike
6" Black Series E4 Chewbacca
6" Black Series E4 Tie Fighter Pilot
6" Black Series E5 C-3PO
6" Black Series E5 Darth Vader
6" Black Series E6 Luke Jedi
6" Black Series E2 CloneTrooper
6" Black Series Jawas

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/47172-Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-6-quot-Rumor-List!!?p=774980&highlight=#post774980

The others you mentioned were rumored months ago by "Stan" on Scum's forums....

Apperantly this "Stan" supposedly works for Hasbro. And is very good with reliable info.

Tycho
01-02-2014, 04:10 AM
Then Stan must be from the Rhode Island province, "Case Packing-Stan."

I couldn't resist.

I've only bought the majority of what's been released for BobaFrett. My gift to him. He's getting the Mos Eisley cantina themed characters and I'm going "Special Edition" with it so he gets Boba Fett if I could only find him for Barry.

That being said, I'm getting a select few to go with my Unleashed.

From the offerings, I got myself a Sandtrooper (to go with Tusken Unleashed) and I'm nicely impressed.

I'm going to be getting:

Luke Bespin - to go with Cloud City Vader Unleashed

Obi-Wan ROTS - to go with General Grievous Unleashed

E6 Luke Jedi to go with Slave Leia Unleashed (I'm never buying the 6" Slave Leia figure with way too much articulation showing)

Stormtrooper
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Lando (if Bespin)

are all possibilities for me. Maybe I'll have to get myself a Boba Fett and hope they make a Bespin Han and red Bespin Gown Leia.

I'm thinking of doing that "We would be honored if you joined us" scene in 6".

IMO, Cloud City is a very underserved or underrated environment of the OT, overshadowed by Jabba's and the cantina.

I think maybe this scale has a little potential for me after all.

I also hope for some 6" Jabba goons, but I won't be getting the 6" Jabba the Hutt. I have two (2) SideShow giant Jabbas and that's enough!

I just want to display a mini-sailbarge fight scene around the Unleashed Slave Leia (so I don't even need Boba Fett for that one).

With repacks of older figures, you've got to figure on Hasbro re-shipping Boba Fett.

SHELF-WARMERS:

R2-D2
Luke X-Wing
Slave Leia
Greedo

POTENTIAL RE-RELEASE SALES:

Darth Maul (maybe)
Sandtrooper
Han Solo (already being re-released and probably shelf-warming soon)
Boba Fett

In fact, a repack case of these (if Han weren't coming with Obi-Wan, Stormy, and Luke Bespin already) would work for this line.

The TIE Fighter Pilot (unless it's a removeable helmet Jagged Fel or Baron Soontir Fel) doesn't do anything for me. While kind of a black stormtrooper (or shadow trooper) in a similar design vein, it might be the worst choice of a figure for this line yet (assuming they could have not super-articulated Slave Leia).

But watch Hasbro re-use the Leia body for an Oola repaint or something. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
The big rumor is that six more people will find Boba Fett in 2014. lol

Tycho
01-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Chuxter, Through all the years I've known you, you never cease to be a funny guy!

Your comment did make me laugh. ( And I still haven't found Boba Fett).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2014, 01:39 PM
The others you mentioned were rumored months ago by "Stan" on Scum's forums....

Apperantly this "Stan" supposedly works for Hasbro. And is very good with reliable info.

From what I understand, he has a source (possibly himself?) that works in the factories and is privy to information in the planning stages such as prototypes. He revealed that a few months back when people on RS started calling BS on him, but the broken English and misspellings certainly lead me to believe he's not an American Hasbro employee. A fair chunk of his info comes to pass, but since he's so early in the planning stages, a lot of it gets changed or cut by the time the products hit shelves.

bigbarada
01-02-2014, 05:43 PM
The TIE Fighter Pilot (unless it's a removeable helmet Jagged Fel or Baron Soontir Fel) doesn't do anything for me. While kind of a black stormtrooper (or shadow trooper) in a similar design vein, it might be the worst choice of a figure for this line yet (assuming they could have not super-articulated Slave Leia).

Actually, the TIE Fighter Pilot is the only figure announced that I'm really excited for. Hasbro is going to have to get it right though and if it ends up with a removable helmet and some EU character or a clone-head underneath, then forget it. No sale.

The Biker Scout has kind of piqued my interest, but that's definitely a 'wait and see' item.

IF they get around to making any Skiff Guards, Gamorrean Guards, or other Jabba's goons, then I'll track down a Jabba the Hutt later on. But I'm really not interested in buying Jabba first and having him sit around by himself for years while waiting for some minions.

El Chuxter
01-02-2014, 06:41 PM
If they make enough figures for the appropriate parts, I will totally make a Cruisemissile Captain Frassk.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Actually, the TIE Fighter Pilot is the only figure announced that I'm really excited for. Hasbro is going to have to get it right though and if it ends up with a removable helmet and some EU character or a clone-head underneath, then forget it. No sale.

Since the Sandtrooper and upcoming Stormtrooper don't have removable helmets, I think it's probably safe to assume that's how they'll be treating other trooper army builders going forward. Also, with it now being canon that the Empire phased out clone troopers in favor of recruits, I doubt that we'll see many more clone heads on OT troopers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
I merged Beast and Tycho's 6" rumor threads, since YodasNews (http://www.yodasnews.com/breaking-news-black-series-6-bossk-c-3po-han-solo-stormtrooper-coming-october-solid-cases/) posted this today:

We just confirmed that later this fall (October/November) we will be getting a Black Series 6″ Bossk, C-3PO and Han Solo (Stormtrooper)!

In addition to that, our sources say that retailers will be able to order SOLID CASES of these figures AND both Boba Fett and Stormtrooper!

These are all pretty much no-brainers – Bossk will look great with Boba, C-3PO will pair with R2-D2, and Han will presumably just be the existing head and body with a retooled smaller neck peg.

Tycho
06-17-2014, 02:28 PM
I still want a snow trooper most.

Slicker
06-25-2014, 06:11 PM
If they make enough figures for the appropriate parts, I will totally make a Cruisemissile Captain Frassk.I'd rather have an army of those than these crappy paint jobs and random characters.

JediTricks
06-26-2014, 01:59 PM
So we're doing Han Stormtrooper BS now? Milking an extra $20 out of collectors by pulling off the ANH Han Solo head and slapping on the Stormtrooper body? Super challenging!

Darth Metalmute
08-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Just found the 6" speeder bike at TRU. They had Jabba as well but I was too excited to find the speeder bike.
Can't wait to open it tomorrow!

Darth Metalmute
08-15-2014, 06:28 PM

I don't want to get ahead of myself but the 6" speeder bike might be the greatest thing I've ever purchased. My only complaint so far is the gun appears to be the same size as the one that comes with the 3.5 inch figures. The troopers midsection is bulkier than it should be.