PDA

View Full Version : Articulation on Clonetroopers

GrandArmyofYoda
03-11-2002, 06:49 PM
I only saw the red trimmed clone clonetrooper today,and I was wondering how that figure plus the 'dirty" clonetrooper are articulated compared to the newer released articulated stormtrooper.
Just wondering.....

Jargo
03-11-2002, 06:59 PM
The red trimmed clonetrooper shown at Toyfair ha knees but other than that just standard articulation.

I thought he had ball jointed shoulders like the commtech stormie but on looking again at several shots he's just got the standard. His ankles are fixed in a movement pose like his legs are bent and his head is just the normal swivel joint. There doesn't appear to be any bicep cut jointing or wrist joints of any description. A strange pose if ever there was one but he seems to pack with a large gun so he's only posed the way the deluxe POTF2 snowtrooper was but with knees so he can fit the republic gunship cockpit.

LTBasker
03-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Well, compared to the CTC Trooper, it's like the difference between the earlier stormies, they're not all that articulated, the Preview Clone Trooper seems to have just basic articulation but the Red one appears to have a couple or so points extra.

Jayspawn
03-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Sneak Peak Clonetrooper has 5 points of articulation. He will look great for scenes and with other Clones, but he doesn't have any ball-socket joints or waist articulation though. The 'dirty' look he has is pretty good. I wonder if Hasbro is making 'clean' Clones.

Lman316
03-13-2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I noticed that the day after I opened mine (the fact that there is only 5 points of articulation on the Clone Trooper). I was kinda peeved that it didn't have any waist movement.
I hope at some point they'll release a Clone Trooper, similar to the CT Stormtrooper, with having many more points of movement.

Darth Evil
03-13-2002, 03:55 PM
I hope so too, who doesn't like CT Stormtrooper? It would seem a smart move on Hasbro's part, which means they probably won't do it!

JEDIpartner
03-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Due to the "squattish" pose of this figure... you will never be able to get these guys to look impressive in some sort of "at attention" formation... Oh, well.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-13-2002, 10:43 PM
Seeing as how cheap Hasbro really is they probably put a lot of rubber in their molds, so you should be able to boil the figs and bend their chubby legs.

:D

Tycho
03-14-2002, 06:07 PM
I think I'll use about 30 of these guys (the preview Clone Troopers) and wait for resculpts, and the commander and security personnel figures for later (making ranks marching or standing at attention).

I think the clean CloneTrooper, will have more articulation (waist at least) and be in less of an action pose so you can stand them at attention if you want to. I don't know anything. The decision would just seem to make sense.

JEDIpartner
03-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Did you NOT hear me? They don't stand at attention... If you have them all standing together in rows... they look like they are getting ready to run the Boston Marathon. The DO sit really well, though... especially if you have a lot of those "Yoda Jedi Council Chairs"...

I haven't heard thing one about a "clean" Clone Trooper... where did you read this piece of startling news?

Tycho
03-15-2002, 04:52 PM
I should have been more clear that it was wishful thinking.

I am going to do a massive Arena Battle set up. Maybe using 2 playsets to get the full effect. Plus I think the Gunships will do fine being crewed with the preview figure CloneTrooper.

What I'm hoping for is more articulation in a later clean sculpt. It would make sense, because then you could pose him doing anything you wanted. Why should the dirty one be able to stand in formation like it's still before the battle?

Meanwhile, I've heard that like Battle Droids, and like SandTroopers, people around the forums have been posting that Clones (besides their red-decorated commanders) have several color variations (as in stripes on their armor) to indicate rank and function. Great. So we'll buy different kinds on different release dates. I just hope they will all be the more articulated kind.

But yes, I can use about 30 of our preview figure just the way he is.

fourtwo
03-15-2002, 05:51 PM
dude, i just want 1.

Tycho
03-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Yestertoys has them for $7.25 right now! They are really good and won't set you back more than retail. I highly recommend you check them out so you can get yourself a set if you haven't found the preview figures yet. They ship them fast, too!

fourtwo
03-16-2002, 01:09 AM
its an arm and a leg to ship to canada sadly.
and i can't part with an arm or a leg, i use them all the time.