PDA

View Full Version : happy birthday jeddah!

good shot jansen
03-12-2002, 06:15 AM
wishing you a marvelous time in france for your birthday!

buy something absolutely extravagant, useless, and fun while there!:)

and doncha' fret 'bout turning another page, cause the one thing i'v learned in life, is that we get waaaaaay better with age!

all the best

live it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeddah
03-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Oh, I don;t know what to say! How sweet! :kiss:

I have ben calling myself 30 since Jan 1st to get used to the idea so it's not so bad ;) Had a nice day in glastonbury; spent 58 quid on incense and have been given 0.15 large to put towards R2 parts :) :) :)! (that'll be the AluminIum skin or Al dome, then)

Demerits to the 4 viewers who, looked at this thread before me and didn't wish me a bon anniversaire :p

Love jeddah
(not love to the 4 demerittees :evil: )

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by jeddah
Demerits to the 4 viewers who, looked at this thread before me and didn't wish me a bon anniversaire :p

Bon anniversaire? Have no idea... :D Happy B-Day Jeddah! :cool:

vulcantouch
03-12-2002, 03:42 PM
:rolleyes: lmk when you get the death sentence on (or elected chancellor of) thirty Systems, Then i'll get excited :zzz: while in france be sure to find me some rare moebius books cheap, and a magnum of '77 from the picard winery :happy:
vt
np: specials, "too much too young"

SWAFMAN
03-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Jeddah!
I'll hoist a pint in your honour tonight after I put the children to bed. I'll save a couple pints for you, but you'll have to come here to drink 'em.
Congratulations!

jeddah
03-13-2002, 12:37 PM
:D Swaffy. link made me laugh (When it started I thought it was a speed version of Roybs Purty Woman)

VT, I'll keep an :Pirate: out for Meeb, but as I will be spending most of the day in a restaurant eating galettes and crepes don;t hold out much hope:rolleyes:

jeddah

vulcantouch
03-13-2002, 02:29 PM
which one, the one atop tour eiffel? sounds good, take along a digicam & some mms & do an mm fashion shoot :cool:
plz email me w/sighted moeb titles before buying, cuz i already have lotsa stuff. as a rule i'm currently only seeking illustration books like this one (http://www.budplant.com/prod.itml/icOid/9368) (as opposed to comicbook-type stories, which need translation & thus english versions may be forthcoming) released after '00. books only plz, no signed/numbered prints or any other overpriced froufroucrap ;) there's a bkstre in paris called Albums, other than that i haven't a clue :stupid: tell you what, upon successful completion of your mission i'll wish you a happy birthday ;)
vt
np: kraftwerk, "tour de france"

JediTricks
03-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Happy birthday Jeddah!

jeddah
03-16-2002, 04:35 AM
...it was not an entirely successful jaunt :( due to the inclemency of the weather;

Left at 7.15am to reach Pompey (that's Portsmouth for any non-UKers ;) ) for the 8.45am Ferry to Cherbourg. It was bleaching down with rain and the wind was incredible. We were told that there were Force 9 gales across the Channel.

Leavng the Solent was smooth but as soon as we got out of the lee of The Isle of Wight it was like scenes from The Perfect Storm. As a result, it took us an extra 2 hours to cross and this made it 6.5 hours! :stupid:

We would have only have had half an hour before having to return so we decided to get the late ferry back (2245 hrs). Anyway, the weather in Normandie was as crap as in Bmth and we went to an hypermarche where I bought 2 bouteilles of nice dry white called Macon Villages 2 different types of Côtes du Rhône for John (I don't really like red apart from beaujolais), a crate of Stella for work and for me, I treated myself to a nice big bouteille of Grand Marnier triple sec and 2 wheels of Camembert. All came to £18.00 which was a bit of a barg', n'est ce pas?

Then off to Bologne to a nice restaurant :p called Galetiere where I had a starter of Bulot's which are whelks, with garlic butter, then a large Galette filled with ham, camembert and mushroom and finished off with a chocolate crêpe :sluuuurrrrp: :D

Waddled back to the ferry and was told that it would not arrive back at Pompey till 6.15am! So I spent approx 8 hours reading, my eyes becoming more and more like saucers every mo' looking like I was trippin on E.:dead:

So unfortunately, I was not really able to superstyle or power-shop. The only SW things I saw were 3 mini LEGO sets of Qui-Gon and Obi and the Battledroids from the beginning of EP1 on the Control Ship (they went together to mae a scene) and DMs lightsaber with that eager little kid on the front. The LEGOs were cool - I'd never seen them in the UK.

En France, Cafés sell coffee. Brasseries sell coffee and snacks. Restarants sell yummy foods like wot I had :D

jeddah

TeeEye7
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Another March baby checking in with the rest of us mad hares....;)

Happy Birthday, Jeddah!

bobafrett
03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Hope you had a Happy Birthday!

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Wow, happy birthday Jeddah, amazing how long this thread's been wishing you birthday greetings. I'm just sorry more of the original Buzz Boarders can't be here to share the sentiments these days.

cloneemperor
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Quick, get your weapons! It's a zombie thread!

Oh, and happy birthday jeddah.

jeddah
08-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Not to sound vain but - hell, this was started for my 30th birthday.... Next March I'll be 40.... End me now, there is no way to kill this zombie.

JimJamBonds
08-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Happy birthday J!