PDA

View Full Version : When Do Spoilers Actually Start?

Jek Porky 2002
03-12-2002, 09:09 AM
I'm trying to work out when it will be safe to stop visiting the net to avoid any Episode III spoilers. This is what I think.

May 2002- December 2002, We all just post about what we thought of Episode II
January 2003- We here the news of the Episode II video release and talk about that
April 2003- The Video is released on the 7th April and we talk about that for a few weeks
April-June 2002- We speculate on what WE think is going to happen in Episode III
June 2003- Episode III goes into production and we just have small almost insignificant Spoilers from StarWars.com on the first week of filming, then after a few weeks the first spy reports and set pictures come in, and then I'm outta here!

Actually, it's either when the film goes into production or when the proper spoilers start to fly around that I'm off, I can't decide yet though.

Does that sound right?

Rollo Tomassi
03-17-2002, 10:29 AM
I think the first time I see somebody has a "scriptment" of Episode III, I'll start watching what I read. I read Supershadow's plot synopsis of II when it came out and while there were some BIG differences, I think it was 75% accurate.
The speeder chase thru Coruscant, the Arena battle, Jango and the clones, Dooku. All of that was in there. So if I see another one for III, I'll NOT read it this time and be aware that the Spoilers have begun.

2-1B
03-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Rollo, it looks like you really are gonna go spoiler free for Episode III, eh? Good luck to you, I admire your conviction :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-18-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Rollo, it looks like you really are gonna go spoiler free for Episode III, eh? Good luck to you, I admire your conviction :)

It's my last chance to be completely amazed. Can you imagine the feeling of going into a Star Wars movie "Cold"? I hope the payoff is worth the two years of agony.

Pendo
03-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
It's my last chance to be completely amazed. Can you imagine the feeling of going into a Star Wars movie "Cold"? I hope the payoff is worth the two years of agony.

It will be! It will be! I have my faith in Uncle George to create a fantastic final film!

PENDO!

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 09:40 AM
Egads! this spoiler free stuff is hard! I just read my latest SW Insider and Rick Mc dropped some casting hints about Episode III that sent my little mind into overdrive at speculationg different possibilities!:( I am so weak.

I must be strong. I must be strong. i must be strong. HALP!!!!

Pendo
03-19-2002, 10:42 AM
I must be strong. I must be strong. i must be strong. HELP!!!!

We're all here to help eachother! We can get through this spoiler-free torture! The force is strong with us!!

Try making yourself a deal, like I said that if I remain spoiler free all the way through Episode III, I will buy myself something expensive as a reward. I don't know what I'm going to buy because three years is a long time, but I will buy the latest thing (probably a PlayStation 5 or something like that!).

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
03-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Good Idea! But the best thing to do is stop going on the net, it's just a breeding ground for spoiler freeeks.

Pendo
03-21-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Good Idea! But the best thing to do is stop going on the net, it's just a breeding ground for spoiler freeeks.

I wish I could stop going on the net. But due to work I have to go on it every now and then.
I wouldn't like to stop going on the net anyway, there is more on the net other than just Star Wars.

PENDO!

Pendo
03-25-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
Try making yourself a deal, like I said that if I remain spoiler free all the way through Episode III, I will buy myself something expensive as a reward. I don't know what I'm going to buy because three years is a long time, but I will buy the latest thing (probably a PlayStation 5 or something like that!).

OH NO!!! My eyes, they're burning! I've just accidently entered the Episode III Spoilers section. I know spoilers haven't really started yet but I got looking around and I think I'm turning into another Spoiler Freak for Episode III! Well there goes my PlayStation 5!

Well if I had to go through seeing some Episode III Spoilers, I'm going to drag you all down with me!!! Here's the Spoilers I read (you're in for it now):

ANAKIN WILL BECOME DARTH VADER!!!

HaHa! Now it looks like none of you will be buying yourself a playStation 5, or whatever!

PENDO!

Pendo
03-25-2002, 05:09 PM
OK, just ignore my last post. I've had a busy day in work, head is hurting, I'm tired. I don't even know what I've written!

PENDO! :crazed:

2-1B
03-26-2002, 01:14 AM

No, I honestly cannot imagine it. Even now, less than 2 months to go before the film's release, I still feel the need to try to find more spoilers. I will only stop short of reading the novelization.

I think the 3 years between AOTC and Episode III will be the most fun for me, because there will still be stuff to learn about before the films are completed. I have decided to take this approach: it's my last chance for movie spoilers (since I don't care about spoilers for any other movies) . . . so if I don't indulge I'll never have that experience again! :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 08:00 AM
Thanks Pendo.:mad: Ruin the GONK!ing movie for me...

(in a sing song tattle tale voice) JEK! JEHHHHHK!! Pendo fell off the wagon! He's totally looking at spoilers and stuff. You are so busted...

Pendo
03-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Thanks Pendo.:mad: Ruin the GONK!ing movie for me...

(in a sing song tattle tale voice) JEK! JEHHHHHK!! Pendo fell off the wagon! He's totally looking at spoilers and stuff. You are so busted...

NO I'M NOT JEK!!! HE'S LYING!!!!!!! :happy:

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
04-21-2002, 08:59 AM
Completely Spoiler free? No trailers? No toys? No interviews? No magazines? No books? That is an undertaking of gargantuan proportions. I wish you well.

Pendo
04-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Who thinks I should try the impossible...not find out what the title is until the release date??? Would that be impossible?

PENDO!

187-Maul
04-21-2002, 12:15 PM
yep 100% impossible
since they even say the name on tv and in commercials, food stuff(chips etc.) and EVERYWHERE else, too you definetly can't oversee it

Pendo
04-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
yep 100% impossible
since they even say the name on tv and in commercials, food stuff(chips etc.) and EVERYWHERE else, too you definetly can't oversee it

Well if I stop watching TV, going on the Internet, reading magazines, and eating, maybe I will get away with it :D!

Ok, yes you're right, 100% impossible...

PENDO!