PDA

View Full Version : Jedis Ridning in Gunships

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 10:53 AM
I taped the trailer and watched it several times, but this detail wasn't clear enough for me to see until I downloaded it.

There is a shot of the Republic Gunships banking towards the ground which comes right after Sio Bibbles dialogue. In that shot, the Gunship closest to the camera is clearly carrying Ki Adi Mundi. He's standing there with Mace and several other Jedi, although Ki Adi is the easiest to recognize.

I wonder though. Are any of the Jedi piloting those Gunships? Or are they somply riding them into battle?

At any rate, we know how the Jedi get down to the surface now.

xboywonder
03-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Good eye...pthfnder89
I didn't notice the jedis before.

The gunships sorta remind me of military helicopters carring troops into battle. They kinda have a military/war-like look to them.

Beast
03-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I taped the trailer and watched it several times, but this detail wasn't clear enough for me to see until I downloaded it.
There is a shot of the Republic Gunships banking towards the ground which comes right after Sio Bibbles dialogue. In that shot, the Gunship closest to the camera is clearly carrying Ki Adi Mundi. He's standing there with Mace and several other Jedi, although Ki Adi is the easiest to recognize.
I wonder though. Are any of the Jedi piloting those Gunships? Or are they somply riding them into battle?
At any rate, we know how the Jedi get down to the surface now.
Good catch there, pthfnder89. From what I understand so far, the majority of the Jedi head for Geonosis to delay the sepratists as well as try to rescue Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme. Yoda remains behind on Corsurant, or goes directly to Kamino to acquire the Clone Army by order of the senate. Either the Jedi's use the same ships to land on Geonosis, as the Clone Troopers do later. Or, Ki-Adi Mundi and several other Jedi's remain behind to help Yoda. I think I spot Yoda in the back of the Gunship as well, so it's possible that Ki-Adi arrives leading the Clone Troops alongside Yoda. I didn't spot Mace myself, but it's possible. I think Mace goes with the first waves to Geonosis though, so that could be Yaddle or Even Piell that I am mistaking for Yoda.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I think I spot Yoda in the back of the Gunship as well, so it's possible that Ki-Adi arrives leading the Clone Troops alongside Yoda. I didn't spot Mace myself, but it's possible. I think Mace goes with the first waves to Geonosis though, so that could be Yaddle or Even Piell that I am mistaking for Yoda.

Jar Jar Binks

I thought I saw Yoda in there too JJB, but I wasn't sure because he's so small . After reading the JediNet commentary, they think it's him also, but I guess we won't know until the movie comes out.

I didn't spot Mace myself, but it's possible.

I'm almost certain that he's the dark skinned jedi standing next to Ki Adi, but it is hard to tell.

Maybe he's Mace's EVIL TWIN who showed up at the ending ceremonies in TPM!!!!:D :D ;)

Jedi Clint
03-12-2002, 02:50 PM
I think this shot takes place after the few remaining Jedi are rescued from the arena. Fisto is in the arena fight, and all Jedi enter through corridors. As far as I know we don't see Republic gunships on Geonosis until things start looking really bad for the Jedi.

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm almost certain that he's the dark skinned jedi standing next to Ki Adi, but it is hard to tell. Maybe he's Mace's EVIL TWIN who showed up at the ending ceremonies in TPM!!!!:D :D ;)
Oh, thats not his evil twin. That's his clone... Maace Windu. :D But if that is as Jedi Clint says, the remaining jedi's being rescued from the arena, that is possible. Since we know that Yoda, Mace, and Ki-Adi Mundi survive. Here is a still from the trailer of that scene.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Ya know, this is giving me a Braveheart/Starship Trooper/Real Army feel, I agree with xboywonder, they are alot like military transport choppers, and it appears the gunships do have side doors, if you look at the piece on the side of the gunships with the slits in them, it appears they could fit into the holes to "seal it up" and then be slid back so the to little gunner stations can fold out and troops can get ready to be deployed during planetary flight, this is gonna rock. :cool:

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
it appears the gunships do have side doors, if you look at the piece on the side of the gunships with the slits in them, it appears they could fit into the holes to "seal it up" and then be slid back so the to little gunner stations can fold out and troops can get ready to be deployed during planetary flight, this is gonna rock. :cool:

Great pic JJB! After seeing that still though, I can tell that Yoda isn't the green guy onboard, because this green guy has dark pants and long legs. It's Kit Fisto. Does he survive the Arena Battle? because if he doesn't then this must be a scene of them landing, not leaving Geonasis.

You're right LTBasker, those panels do slide right into position. You can see them sliding when the clip is running.

I still don't think it looks like it could drop in from space though. The panels have those little vertical windows that don't seem to have any glass in them. I guess they must drop from the Star Destroyer type ships inside the atmosphere.

Beast
03-12-2002, 03:49 PM
I still don't think it looks like it could drop in from space though. The panels have those little vertical windows that don't seem to have any glass in them. They must drop from the Star Destroyer type ships inside the atmosphere.
Yeah, I think they are just transport gunships. After all we saw the Republic Assault Ships, the ones that look like the pre-cursor to Star Destroyer's entering the atmosphere. So they probably do deploy them after they enter the atmosphere.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Well, the Clone Troopers do have special suits, and the Jedi could've been picked up, OR, they could have shields in the slits so they can see out, or they could even have windows. 'Course that other little doorway doesn't appear to have a door, I guess they could just seal it up when they're being stored or not near a battle zone.

Wolfwood319
03-12-2002, 04:32 PM
I would have to assume that the picture in reference is a shot of the gunships taking the Jedis away after the battle.

I was just thinking though, there is a heck of a lot going on in this movie, if you think about it. With the clones, the jedi battle, Anakin on Tatooine, coruscant stuff, Naboo stuff, Kamino, etc. I haven't read in script treatments, so I'm not sure in what order this stuff happens in, but there just seems to be more going on in this movie than any other up to date.

Jedi Clint
03-12-2002, 04:42 PM
The arena is where the battle on Geonosis begins......it spreads out at least the breadth of the "city" that the arena is located in. I bet if you look really close at the circle of Jedi that are surrounded at the end of the trailer, you will find Ki Adi, Mace, Kit, and whomever else you see on board the gunship in this shot. There is also another shot in the trailer where you see the Jedi in a circle surrounded by the droids and a Gunship lands right in the middle of the group.

Jargo
03-12-2002, 05:00 PM
You sure Yodas not in there? How about this pic from the bluescreen filming of the scenes. Sam Jackson conversing with 'Yoda' the puppet....

evenflow
03-12-2002, 05:01 PM
I wish i woul dhave taped it. I would have liked to check it out.

Lord Tenebrous
03-12-2002, 05:23 PM
I do believe the shot in mention is of the Jedi leaving Geonosis. Notice the large Arena spire behind the Jedi Gunship. Then, in the second to last shot of the trailer, you see Gunships farther away, smoke rising from the remains of the battle.

Very eerie...

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
You sure Yodas not in there? How about this pic from the bluescreen filming of the scenes. Sam Jackson conversing with 'Yoda' the puppet....

Cool pic Jargo. No, from that picture, Yoda is probably on board. I just don't think that he is the green guy whos visible in JJB's picture. I feel pretty sure that's Kit Fisto.

Beast
03-12-2002, 05:33 PM
Cool pic Jargo. No, from that picture, Yoda is probably on board. I just don't think that he is the green guy whos visible in JJB's picture. I feel pretty sure that's Kit Fisto.
I believe that is Kit Fisto also, but there is a smaller charecter back behind them that looks like Yoda to me. So, I guess that confirms that Kit Fisto is another of the Jedi's that survives the Arena. I thought it was confirmed that he was going to die, but I guess that he will survive until Episode III.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Interesting pics, Kit will probably survive, him and his lightsaber chopping action... :rolleyes:

Jargo
03-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Possibly in the earlier drafts of the script they planned on killing him off because he was just a background alien Jedi. Then they saw how good he looked and added to his role so he became more important. Therefore he gets to survive. Orif these pics are of them heading into battle not retreating then maybe he will die horribly in the maw of the Acklay or by the claws of the Nexu or by simply being shot by a dumb robot. Maybe if the reports are right about the Geonosians having flying craft, he'll be gunned down from above. Who knows but Georgie boy eh? and Ben Burtt and Rick Mcallum and the animators and the foley artists and John Williams and the publicists and the....................

:D

Beast
03-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Possibly in the earlier drafts of the script they planned on killing him off because he was just a background alien Jedi. Then they saw how good he looked and added to his role so he became more important. Therefore he gets to survive. Orif these pics are of them heading into battle not retreating then maybe he will die horribly in the maw of the Acklay or by the claws of the Nexu or by simply being shot by a dumb robot. Maybe if the reports are right about the Geonosians having flying craft, he'll be gunned down from above. Who knows but Georgie boy eh? and Ben Burtt and Rick Mcallum and the animators and the foley artists and John Williams and the publicists and the....................
:D
Can we quickly cast Rick McCallum as a Jedi so he can die in the arena, so that when we get the DVD we can watch that scene over and over and over again. With a giant smile on our face? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
03-13-2002, 12:59 AM
LOL!:D

Now why on EARTH would you wanna do that JJB? ;)

Co Jo-Da
03-13-2002, 02:31 AM
I love this shot of Jedi's riding into battle. But wanted the Jedi Army's arrival would be a secret, just imagine Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme standing in the center of the Arena staring down the Reek and other creatures, when suddenly a couple hundred Jedi rush in to they're rescue from out of the blue...

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 09:27 AM

Can we quickly cast Rick McCallum as a Jedi so he can die in the arena, so that when we get the DVD we can watch that scene over and over and over again. With a giant smile on our face? :D

Thanks alot JJB, I was looking forward to E2 but knowing that scene isn't in there I just lost my excitement... :cry:

j/k. :cool:

I truly wish that would be in there, maybe we'll get lucky. :evil: