PDA

View Full Version : Who HASN'T found the Preview Figures?

PloKoon2385
03-12-2002, 05:33 PM
I haven't found them ANYWHERE! So, I thought I would ask, Who hasn't found them yet? Where have you looked? I am just getting very frustrated that everyone seems to be finding them, except me.:cry:

Beast
03-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
I haven't found them ANYWHERE! So, I thought I would ask, Who hasn't found them yet? Where have you looked? I am just getting very frustrated that everyone seems to be finding them, except me.:cry:
I haven't found them yet either. My stores are pretty much wastelands anymore, so I order everything on-line. I am sick of having to compete with the local scalper, as well as a couple comic shops, to get my figures. So, I just ordered 2 sets from Federation Toys, and I should have them tommorow. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
03-12-2002, 05:51 PM
I am waiting for dnstoys.com to get them in stock again, they are based in WA, like me so the shipping is only like 3 days. I don't want to have order from someone else. But I would much rather find them in the stores. Sigh....

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 07:34 PM
I've only look at Wal-Mart, no luck. :( Wanted to order some on-line, they sold out. :mad: It sucks, and thanks to lazy WM employees the preview date which would've been 4 days from now, is the 23rd.... :cry:

derek
03-12-2002, 08:54 PM
i found what was left of a few cases. only the astromech droid was left, and i didn't buy it.

Lord Tenebrous
03-12-2002, 09:16 PM
No action figures. I finally found the preview Lego Starfighter at WalMart, and it quickly was added to my collection.

R3 will be a nice find. :)

Magnolia-Fan
03-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Checked more, or less, all over the Des Moines, IA area today.

Nothing to be found.

Funny thought: When they finally put up the Preview figures, which will probably be two months from now, who the he11 will care???

Beast
03-12-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
Nothing to be found. Funny thought: When they finally put up the Preview figures, which will probably be two months from now, who the he11 will care???
I doubt it will be 2 months, just that some of the stores are sticking tight to the release date stamped on the cases. And others are putting them out early. Actually, according to PAF Hasbro actually sent emails to the stores that direct order from them saying it was ok to put them out now. It may just not have trickled down to all the stores yet, which is a shame. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Magnolia-Fan
03-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I doubt it will be 2 months, just that some of the stores are sticking tight to the release date stamped on the cases. And others are putting them out early. Actually, according to PAF Hasbro actually sent emails to the stores that direct order from them saying it was ok to put them out now. It may just not have trickled down to all the stores yet, which is a shame. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks .

So what is the date they are supposed to be released? I have bveen in a cave and haven't heard the official scoop...

SithDroid
03-12-2002, 11:40 PM
I haven't found them anywhere yet. But then again a lot of places in my area SUCK. TRU is hopeless, Wal-Mart only has a million Ketwols, and Shopko hasn't had anything new in for about a year and a half now. The only luck I've had with stuff has been at Target. I'll continue to check there until I find them.

Beast
03-12-2002, 11:51 PM
So what is the date they are supposed to be released? I have bveen in a cave and haven't heard the official scoop...
March 16th is the date on the cases, but Wal-mart's shipping notice states March 23rd is the day they are allowed on the shelf. I believe the 23rd date is a corporate screw up, mixing up the April 23rd release date for the AOTC's regular figures. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Yeah, but I bet they're saying "What does it matter? Collectors get burned and we get more money from scalpers." :frus:

InsaneJediGirl
03-13-2002, 10:04 AM
So true LTBasker

I havent found anything except for Ketwols and JarJars for
quite a long time now.Back in 1997 or so,I could pick up/find
a new figure everyweek!

I wish the Eeth/Tiin wave would just come in my area :mad:

Rollo Tomassi
03-13-2002, 02:20 PM
Here's my saga of Preview Figure Purchasing. I went into the bigger and newer of my two local WMs. All the Star Wars figures are next to a big display of Wresting stuff. The usual assortment of pegwarmers and overpriced deluxe figures was there. Way down the aisle mixed in with 12" G.I.Joe figures and Transformer:RID was a single, solitary R3-T7. I looked around and there were no others to be found, but the space was clearly marked as Star Wars figures (with some odd "Classic" subheading; different from the other POTJ figures 20 ft away). I bought him, took him home, opened him and was equally pleased at finding him and bummed that he was all I had found. Went back the next day and the exact same thing happened. A single solitary figure (Zam Wesell this time) awaited me on the shelf. I bought her, took her home, and left her in the package (stupid one pose wonder:mad: ). I tried my luck the third day, but they had taken the signs down and rearranged the Transformers to fill in that space. SO I've got two out of the four, before someone realized they had put them out early.

JetsAndHeels
03-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Isnt the Jedi Starfighter coming out on the 16th as well? I have 2 sets of the Preview figures, so now I want my Starfighter.

Lobito
03-13-2002, 03:49 PM
I went to my local SW shop here in Mex, and they have like 13 EP II figures...i dont know which ones are the preview figures, but they had Jango Fett, Clone Trooper, Boba Feet, A tusken Female, Plo Koon...etc...anyway, the salesgirl said that they got the figures from Hong Kong and that the American cases were going to arrive pretty soon, so dont worry, in the end the figs will be available to all an in regular prices. BTW, the figures look pretty cool!! At least they look 100 times better than a pic in any site.:eek: :)

master jedi
03-13-2002, 04:32 PM

Nothing to be found.

Funny thought: When they finally put up the Preview figures, which will probably be two months from now, who the he11 will care???

I found a the preview figs at the Sioux City Wal-Mart. If you're ever in the area you might want to check it out though I doubt they'll still have any.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
I went to my local SW shop here in Mex, and they have like 13 EP II figures...i dont know which ones are the preview figures, but they had Jango Fett, Clone Trooper, Boba Feet, A tusken Female, Plo Koon...etc...anyway, the salesgirl said that they got the figures from Hong Kong and that the American cases were going to arrive pretty soon, so dont worry, in the end the figs will be available to all an in regular prices. BTW, the figures look pretty cool!! At least they look 100 times better than a pic in any site.:eek: :)

How much are the figures going for south of the border?

PloKoon2385
03-13-2002, 07:06 PM
Y'know what frustrates me the most? The fact that people are finding them in places that I looked, on the same day, only they were there sooner. ARG! My luck sucks...

Lobito
03-13-2002, 07:18 PM
The American figures are expensive, $18.00 thats $180.00 Mex/pesos. The EPII promo figures are worth $20.00...$200.00 Mex/pesos. Now the trilogo versions are worth $6.00...Thats $60.00 Mex currency.:eek:

JediTricks
03-13-2002, 10:03 PM
I found 2 Jangos and a Trooper at Wal-Mart in Duarte yesterday in seriously mangled packaging for $6.12 a piece, I bought one of each. I'm still hunting for the other 2. I have been hitting stores as much as possible to get these lately, and I'll continue to, I guess, until I find the other 2 figures (and hopefully the Hasbro Jedi Starfighter, since the LEGO one wasn't hard to find at all, for me).

PloKoon2385
03-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know what days Wal Mart usually stocks the shelves? How about TRU and Target? I usually go shopping on Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday. Are those good days?:confused:

El Chuxter
03-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Wal-Mart gets stuff almost daily, and stocks every night. I don't think all of them have stockrooms.

Lobito, sounds like you've found some that aren't supposed to be around for a month! The preview wave is R3-T7, Clonetrooper, Zam Wessel, and Jango Fett. I think (I've not been keeping up too much with these figures after I made the mistake of reading the Tusken Female's bio and got a major dose of spoilers) that the three humans will be re-released with different sculpts come April.

So far I've found R3-T7, Zam Wessel, and the Clonetrooper. Though they were in the Wally World in pretty decent numbers, I have yet to find a Jango "I've been in three trailers and done and said more than Junior did in three movies" Fett. :(

Lobito
03-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Lobito, sounds like you've found some that aren't supposed to be around for a month! The preview wave is R3-T7, Clonetrooper, Zam Wessel, and Jango Fett.

I know, i was surprised when i saw all those figures, i went to the shop just to get my Bo-shek wave and i found all those figs. Anyway, i passed on them cuzz i will get them cheaper when the american versions arrive.:cool: :D

Sith Vicious
03-15-2002, 07:28 PM
I checked two TRU's, two Wal-Marts, and a Target today. NONE of them had the preview figures, jedi starfighter, or AT-ST. Man, I hate Cincinnati. :cry: