PDA

View Full Version : 3 3/4" Black Series wave 3

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2013, 02:11 PM
JediNews (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12774) has early photos from Celebration Europe II that show four new, awesome-looking figures - Vizam, Darth Plagueis, Commander Neyo, and the long-promised Mace Windu from The Clone Wars.

Vizam looks incredible and includes the Sail Barge cannon that was previously included with Nysad in 2009.

Plagueis includes his breath mask from the novel (!) and some kind of beatin' stick or something. I'm SO glad they didn't stick a nose on him. He looks adequately terrifying.

Neyo is based on the new sculpt, so he has a removable helmet, with slicked-back hair. The new helmet looks great.

Mace, we've known about him since last year, but I'm glad he's coming.

I'm sure they'll show more throughout the weekend, but this is a great start! It also backs up the rumor list, so hopefully this means Toryn Farr and Merumeru will be close behind.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
This wave holds more interest for me than the 1st. Wave 2 has couple, too.

Battle Droid
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Plagueis looks good.

bigbarada
07-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Vizam looks pretty amazing. But that's all I'm really looking forward to from the figures shown. Well, I guess I also want to see how Merumeru turned out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm not completely sure, but it looks like Neyo's headsculpt is actually based on concept art for The Clone Wars (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/5e/Neyo_face.jpg) that didn't quite make it into the series - Neyo only appeared with his helmet on. In addition to his hair, he has his clone number tattooed down the left side of his face. If the figure is released this way, it'll be at least some kind of nod to the series, which is much appreciated.

Though I'm a little bummed he doesn't come with WAC-47. :D

Snowtrooper
07-26-2013, 10:38 AM
This wave is the best that Hasbro has shown thus far. Vizam is the most interesting of the wave. I like Plageus really well too. I wasn't very interested in Neyo, but its starting to build. I might preorder this wave when it shows.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/2013_CEII_Celebration_Europe/Hasbro_2013_CEII_Celebration_Europe/) has a detailed gallery of Hasbro's new items. They all look great - I still don't quite know why I think Neyo is so damn cool-looking. His torso looks to be an all-new sculpt due to the equipment on his back, and I'm glad they didn't elongate the helmet like has been done by other companies previously.

Devo
07-28-2013, 03:11 PM
A grand total of one figure of interest (Vizam). My, how Star Wars collecting has just dropped off for me. And with the SW universe getting bigger and more diluted OT releases can only become fewer still. Probably for the best though, as far as my finances are concerned.

bigbarada
07-28-2013, 08:19 PM
A grand total of one figure of interest (Vizam). My, how Star Wars collecting has just dropped off for me. And with the SW universe getting bigger and more diluted OT releases can only become fewer still. Probably for the best though, as far as my finances are concerned.

Supposedly, one of the "insiders" said that Hasbro had some big OT-heavy plans for 2014 because of the 3D rereleases. Those movies are still cancelled, but Hasbro plans to go ahead with what they had scheduled. If that's true, then 2014 could be a very OT-centric year.

Devo
07-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Did it not occur to them that those 3D rereleases might have done better had they at least started with the original trilogy? Cancelling them outright because TPM tanked seemed premature to me. Certainly I don't see why Jurassic Park goes ahead but OT Star Wars is off the 3D agenda. I don't particularly care either way, I just wonder what they were expecting to happen when the first thing they do is forcefeed what many consider to be the very worst Star Wars film (I actually think its the best of the PT) to cinema audiences.

Anyway good news if Hasbro intends to go ahead with the OT stuff they had planned. I wonder could a Sailbarge be amongst the lot. At this point I think its the only vehicle I'd definitely buy. I can't even display my SW stuff anymore so I can no longer justify buying X-wing rereleases etc etc When it comes to the Sailbarge though, space shmace.

Anyone else worried that with Hasbro putting out all the alien Skiff guards first it'll mean they'll be less inclined to do the 'boring' human ones later?

El Chuxter
07-29-2013, 10:06 AM
What does Vizam's cannon connect to?

bigbarada
07-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Anyone else worried that with Hasbro putting out all the alien Skiff guards first it'll mean they'll be less inclined to do the 'boring' human ones later?

I don't think Hasbro was ever going to be inclined to do the boring human Skiff Guards. The good news is that many of their outfits were reused for more than one character, so the opportunity does exist for Hasbro to make some of those humans and to get more than one use out of that mold.

For example, the shirtless human Skiff Guard wears the exact same outfit as Fozec, who we already know has been on Hasbro's radar for years now. Velken Tezeri, the most prominent human Skiff Guard (aside from Lando), wears an outfit identical to Nizuc Bek's. So there is a chance that Hasbro could make the more well known characters from Jabba's Palace and then just sculpt new heads and rerelease those figures again (with a Caucasian skin tone in the case of the shirtless human) in a new Skiff Guards multipack.

It fits really well on the Skiff railing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-29-2013, 05:40 PM

As I mentioned earlier, it's a reused accessory from the Nikto Gunner figure from The Legacy Collection. I've seen a lot of comments on FB and the like from people who think this means a sail barge is coming, forgetting that they got their hopes up for no reason over this exact same piece four years ago. (Not that that's what you're doing, I've just seen it a lot.)

Tycho
07-29-2013, 11:01 PM
I am still angry that Hasbro said they will not be doing a sailbarge. I drew up my own plans to have the plastic cut and made for me, but my Tantive IV was $750 (partially because I made some materials ordering mistakes - but it was a learning experience).

I will wait and see however. I don't have funds to have my design built yet. But for sure it is coming.

Meanwhile, from the list we all voted on some years ago, at SSG, these figures have still never been made (that we as a group voted for):

1) Cliegg Lars - I asked Darryl about this one and he shrugged. He doesn't want to do Cliegg, I'm pretty sure. But what about how Jocastu Nu was released?

2) Guri - there are 3 potential outfits for her from the SOTE and SOTE: E comics. Personally I'd like them all made - spaced out of course.

3) *COUGH* Brea Tonnika (actress Christine Hewitt said OK to Hasbro and even to me in person at CII or III. She is sadly deceased)

4) Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary that Kenner originally made)

5) *COUGH* Senni Tonnika (this actress is the problem with the Tonnikas being made - and she'll insist she was Brea if they make Christine's figure).

6) Cane Adiss

7) Sgt. Doallyn - Yes!!! (skiff guard)

8) Tzizvvt - Yes!!! (Mos Eisley)

9) Mosep Binneed (Mos Eisley)

10) Joruus C'Boath (EU - Heir To The Empire) Yes!!!

11) Uncle Owen ANH - a new sculpt of Phil Brown's portrayal as Luke's uncle

12) Tey How (last member of the Trade Federation's Revenue's bridge crew, the Niemoidian with the eye pieces) yes!!!

13) Reegesk - a Ranat from Mos Eisley - Yes!!!

14) Jess - Han Solo's girlfriend from the deleted scene in the cantina I think

15) Taym-dren Garen - he shot Luke's hand - yes!!!

16) Baniss Keeg - the other Duro from Mos Eisley

17) Wald - Warwick Davis' Rodian from Mos Espa - Yes!!!

18) Kitster - Anakin's friend from Mos Espa - Yes!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were runners-up or high rankers from Kidhuman's poll:

19) Treva Horme (Cloud City tall alien) - yes!!!

20) Nute Gunray ROTS

21) Shasha Teil - Ishi Tibb from Jabba's - yes!!!

22) Padme from the Senate / Palpatine's office - AOTC - yes!!!

23) Queen Jamilla - AOTC - yes!!!

24) Rogwa Woodrata - big furry Separatist from Dooku's meeting on Geonosis.

* Also of note, we voted for another Expanded Universe figure - Corran Horn. We have an X-wing pilot version, but perhaps a Jedi Knight is in order? I think we probably voted for the pilot, but CORSEC (when he was younger) is also a possibility. The Jedi first would please me.

Personally there are a lot of other good choices.

But in 3 waves of black series figures, I'm only buying 2 figures (Plageuis and Merimeru I think).

There's almost nothing interesting to me :(

I'd probably buy every figure above on our voted-for list except another Uncle Owen, Jess (maybe), and Nute Gunray E3. I made a Bannis Keeg a long time ago by adding the fabric Luke Ceremony jacket to Elorrs Madak.

JediTricks
07-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Did it not occur to them that those 3D rereleases might have done better had they at least started with the original trilogy? Cancelling them outright because TPM tanked seemed premature to me. Certainly I don't see why Jurassic Park goes ahead but OT Star Wars is off the 3D agenda. I don't particularly care either way, I just wonder what they were expecting to happen when the first thing they do is forcefeed what many consider to be the very worst Star Wars film (I actually think its the best of the PT) to cinema audiences.They went with the prequels I think partly because they were much easier to convert to 3D since they were heavily digital anyway, while there wasn't a single aspect of the Special Editions that would have been good enough to convert to 3D so every single asset would have to be redone and every film element would have to be redone as well, all for results most audiences simply weren't interested in - 3D is already on its way out.

Umbra
07-30-2013, 05:11 PM
* Also of note, we voted for another Expanded Universe figure - Corran Horn. We have an X-wing pilot version, but perhaps a Jedi Knight is in order? I think we probably voted for the pilot, but CORSEC (when he was younger) is also a possibility. The Jedi first would please me.

There were some issues taken in regards to the pilot version we did get. Corran in the EU books wore a green flight suit, not the standard orange. I was always a bit saddened we never got the green version. I would love to see an older version of him in his green Jedi robes as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2013, 08:49 PM
They went with the prequels I think partly because they were much easier to convert to 3D since they were heavily digital anyway, while there wasn't a single aspect of the Special Editions that would have been good enough to convert to 3D so every single asset would have to be redone and every film element would have to be redone as well, all for results most audiences simply weren't interested in - 3D is already on its way out.
At John Knoll and Dennis Muren's panel at CVI, Knoll actually said he believed that converting the OT was going to be easier than converting the PT simply because, even in spite of the fact that there's more digital material for the PT, there are so many more things on screen during a lot of the PT compared to the OT, and thus more things to still going to have to convert into 3D. I get the feeling that TPM was first since George (or someone else) wanted to release them in story order.

JediTricks
07-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Well, it doesn't matter anymore. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, it doesn't matter anymore. :p

True, true. Since they showed TPM 3D at CVI and AOTC 3D at CEII, maybe that means the stateside crowd will get a shot at seeing AOTC 3D at CVII.

Having just seen remnants of TBS wave 1 at two more Targets, it seems that Anakin and the Biker Scout are already the slow movers. They are packed two to a case - and each Target has had at least one Anakin sold - but I'm a little surprised that Biggs isn't the immediate obvious pegwarmer.

JediTricks
07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
The case has too many army-builders that don't feel necessary right now.

The scout trooper could have waited longer since the bike set is still in TRUs and only $12 more than this with an excellent bike. I've seen the most of him.

The clone pilot is just a "more of the same" feeling due to a lot of Clone Wars and prequel stuff the last 10 years or so.

The clone lt phase 1 is another colored white clone after a lot of recent white clones, and as good as the mold is, this use of it doesn't feel fresh or necessary at this stage.

All those were the ones I saw lingering, plus Ep 2 Anakin which I just am not interested in enough to drop $10 on, especially with another inaccurate likeness on the face.

I haven't seen Padme or Luke yet at all. Only saw 1x Biggs and 1x Vader so far, and I bought both of them because of BOGO50%.

This wave just feels very sleepy and repetitive, not enough surprises or fun or changeups from what dragged the other lines down. Biggs has a ship coming out soon and has a new sculpt and just feels like something that isn't constant. I didn't realize Biggs was 2x in this case though, now I am surprised to that he's not lingering... he probably will since he's also 1x in the wave 2 case, but I guess being orange on a black card helps him stand out.

Tycho
07-31-2013, 01:33 AM
In your actual production Black Series discussion there isn't one figure I'm interested in buying.

See the list we voted for above for the never-made-before-figures that would excite me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2013, 08:45 PM
StarWars-Figuren posted carded pics of wave 3 (http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=545), including Merumeru! He looks amazing! The artwork is actually Tarfful, but oh well. The figure appears to have a generic stock Wookiee body (aside maybe from the right forearm), meaning he could be used for future super-articulated Wookiee warriors as well.

I also love how the Mace art looks to be eyeballing the "Black Series" name. :p

Darth Metalmute
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
How dark is it that Mace comes with Jango fetts head?

El Chuxter
08-15-2013, 08:56 PM
If Mace is indeed staring at the Black Series logo, I'm going to have to buy one just to display like that, because that is unintentionally awesome!

Tycho
08-15-2013, 08:57 PM
They could do an Obi-Wan from TPM that comes with ONLY Darth Maul's lower half...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2013, 10:15 AM
How dark is it that Mace comes with Jango fetts head?

It's his helmet. In The Clone Wars, which this is based on, Mace and Anakin come across Jango's helmet, which Boba has rigged with explosives. It was also Mace's accessory for his second TCW figure, which was repacked several times (and may still be on clearance at your local stores).

I hope Mace has the Jedi symbol on his wrist armor, but it doesn't look like it. But he does have ball-jointed wrists, which is a plus.

El Chuxter
10-29-2013, 10:26 PM
So these are all one per case?

Yikes.

At least with the Retaliation case that had twelve different figures, they were all new ones, so ordering a case made sense. Getting Plagueis or Vizam is really going to be tough, particularly when you factor in this wave looks like a de facto Walgreens or Ross exclusive given how Wave 1 is rotting.

Darth Metalmute
10-30-2013, 08:13 PM
At my local establishments, Wave 1 is either rotting or non-existent. Luckily, I grabbed the figures I wanted from Wave 2 on Amazon. Unluckily, I received an email last night stating, "We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on August 28, 2013"

El Chuxter
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Unless they actually say they're cancelling the order, I wouldn't worry yet. They send all sorts of updates on everything. (My favorites are pre-ordered comic collections, whose release date to non-Diamond companies fluctuates. I'll get an e-mail one minute saying that the release date has changed and they don't know when they'll get it, followed by an e-mail five minutes later with a new shipping date that's remarkably similar to the original.)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2013, 09:46 AM
It's fine, we're all fine here, now, thank you. The waves will be released in acceptable numbers, the new SW films will be flare-less and great, the economy and health care will be stable, and My Little Pony will have Rainbow Bright and the Care Bears leading the way towards a brighter future where everything is in harmony and we all turn into Jedi spirits in the end.

Oh, Plagueis is still the cool one I'd look for more than the others.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-15-2013, 04:16 PM
HasbroToyShop (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars?BR=495&ST=PR&PG=2) currently has some of both wave 2 and 3 in stock - no Plagueis, but still not bad if you don't want to miss out on some of the others.

Snowtrooper
11-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I picked up Vizam, Luminara, & Mara Jade off of HTS. This was the first order I've made from them in years.

Tycho
11-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Hasbro Toy Shop still exists?

I wonder how it is for Transformers purchases, too?

I'm just taking a wild guess, but I won't find a sailbarge for use by my 3 3/4" Jabba the Hutt / Battle at the Pit of Carkoon figures, right?

Snowtrooper
11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Highly unlikely to find the sailbarge:grin:. For a time, you couldn't buy individual figures, at least not the ones you wanted, which was why I started getting figures elsewhere. It would seem they learned their lesson about that, at least for now. As far as transformers, I couldn't tell you about that since I don't collect those.

Darth Metalmute
11-19-2013, 08:18 AM
I did end up receiving the two figures I ordered from Amazon, however they came in two separate boxes on two separate days. The first one came completely bent up. The second one came better packed, put with some cardboard wearing. So far, I'm not too impressed with Amazon shipping.

figrin bran
11-28-2013, 11:52 PM
HTS is offering 10% off with free shipping with the FRIDAY10 code.

Still no Plagueis but most of wave 2 and 3 are still in stock.

mtriv73
11-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the code. I got merumeru, neyo, and vizam with it. Just need a plagueis and I'm all done for the year.

Tycho
12-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Is Plagueis out?

Anywhere at retail yet?

PM me if your info isn't for lurkers on the boards.

But if you're a scalper reading this, I am selling my rare VHTF Mon Mothma with a beard action figure.

Because "Many Bothans died to bring (her) this information," Mon Mothma also chose to honor the troops and grew a beard.

This was a very rare, exclusive, HTF figure "Mon Mothma w/beard."

Lurkers: you can post here if you're interested.

I also have carded JarJar's head on Greeta's body. She's a new character from Episode 7 called Greetara, in homage to Teebo the Ewok's girlfriend Leetara.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Is Plagueis out?

Anywhere at retail yet?

I don't think anyone's seen him in stores, but he is available online. I've seen neither hide nor hair of wave 2 or 3 at retail, but most have been ordered through HTS for Christmas so I'm mostly set. Plagueis apparently pops up now and then on HTS but I haven't seen it happen myself.

Tycho
12-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks JabbaJohn.

But you know this is because The Dark Side stays hidden in the shadows now, until the time is right to at last reveal themselves, and at last have revenge, right?

I just heard that in passing once from some guy who had a lot of tattoos on his face.

El Chuxter
12-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Mike Tyson? lol

mtriv73
12-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Darth Plagueis was back in stock earlier today on HTS and I managed to snag one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Darth Plagueis was back in stock earlier today on HTS and I managed to snag one.

I noticed that it was pre-order instead of in-stock, though it was indeed up for purchase. I passed for now since I wasn't sure about their pre-order system, though I probably will end up regretting that. Did they give an estimated shipping date?

mtriv73
12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Dec. 13th. I actually didn't even realize it was a pre-order until you wrote that and I went and looked at the e-mail.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2013, 01:27 PM
I got the whole wave minus Plagueis due to their HTS availability.

Merumeru looks awesome, and it's great to finally get another Wookiee warrior for the first time since 2005. He's a little shorter than previous Wookiees, though I've yet to compare. I wish they had designed his shoulder armor and helmet for better posing, as he can't fully extend his arms up for the battle cry without those getting in the way (or, in the helmet's case, popping off). Aside from those, he's great.

Vizam is another amazing pit of Carkoon Nikto, lighter in color than last year's Lathe (the unnamed TVC Nikto Skiff Guard). The weathering is great here, with a paint wash bringing out the details in his face and outfit quite nicely. His removable hat fits and stays on nicely. His knee joints are blue, but otherwise he's a fantastic figure.

Neyo's helmet looks a little big, and the weathering varies from none at all on his belt to a scattershot, uneven amount everywhere else, but this is my favorite clone that they've done in a while. His torso is new to include extra gear sculpted to the back, and his head is a new sculpt that's larger and better-looking than the tiny pea-heads that the other modern clones have. His tattoo is crisply applied and you can make out the individual Aurebesh numbers (his clone number) better than initial images suggested. If you needed a reason to get excited about clones again, this is it.

Mace's coloring in both his skin and robes is different from previous Mace figures - he looks a little pale, and yes, they forgot the Jedi symbol on his left forearm. But otherwise, he's a lot cooler than I was expecting. The wrist articulation is much appreciated - just as in the show, he can point his saber at the poor fools who dare cross him (a feature I'd really like to see on a regular AOTC version so he can properly threaten Jango). The package doesn't make any mention of the Clone Wars show, or even the actual war, at all, with the card images coming from ROTS on the front and AOTC on the back. Jango's helmet is just a standard reused accessory and doesn't split apart or include an explosive or anything.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I've heard reports (both online and from my own mother) that this wave is now hitting Target. So hopefully that means figures might be flowing again? I'm glad it's not just Walgreens getting these figures anymore . . .

Tycho
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Guys, this is wave 4.

Wave 3 has Luminara, Pablo Jill.

JabbaJohn may be the only one NOT confused (but I was before, so no blame) but Mace, MeruMeru, Neyo, the Nikto are all in wave 4 as JabbaJohn was correctly posting about. (and thanks JJ for the good figure reviews)

I've seen wave 3 remnants at Wal-Mart, NOT Target, only.

No wild sightings of wave 4.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Guys, this is wave 4.

Wave 3 has Luminara, Pablo Jill.

JabbaJohn may be the only one NOT confused (but I was before, so no blame) but Mace, MeruMeru, Neyo, the Nikto are all in wave 4 as JabbaJohn was correctly posting about. (and thanks JJ for the good figure reviews)

I've seen wave 3 remnants at Wal-Mart, NOT Target, only.

No wild sightings of wave 4.

Wait, huh? No, I was posting about wave 3. Wave 4 isn't out yet. Here are the current Black Series figures, with links to their case assortments on Entertainment Earth to verify:

Wave 1 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077A#.UvF60PZtlwk)
1. Padmé Amidala
2. Clone Trooper Sergeant
3. Anakin Skywalker
4. Biggs Darklighter
5. Luke Skywalker
6. Darth Vader
7. Biker Scout
8. Clone Pilot

Wave 2 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077B#.UvF60PZtlwk)
9. R2-D2
10. Pablo-Jill
11. Luminara Unduli
12. 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper
13. Stormtrooper
14. Mara Jade

Wave 3 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077C#.UvF60PZtlwk)
15. Merumeru
16. Clone Commander Neyo
17. Vizam
18. Darth Plagueis
19. Mace Windu

Keep in mind that the cases include carry-forwards from previous waves.

We haven't seen wave 4 on cards yet, and we're still not 100% clear on what it will include, but Hasbro revealed a handful of figures at New York Comic Con (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g6571-hasbro-page2.html) in October that are likely in wave 4:
*Luke Skywalker (Dagobah)
*Yoda (Dagobah)
*Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot)
*Torynn Farr
*Snowtrooper Commander
*Darth Vader (Episode III Armor)

OC47151
03-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Well, what I thought was a sighting of wave 3 in my area apparently was wave 2. Saw Luminara on the peg at the local WM last week.

Went to a toy con over the weekend and saw most of the TBS figures. The vendor was asking $18 apiece. I passed, but it was nice to actually see these figures in person. Mara Jade didn't look as bad as I thought in person, but I'd still consider swapping heads from the comic 2-pack Mara from a few years ago.

And I forgot to look at Plagueis!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Seriously, I had a dream last night where I found some figures from these waves (I still don't know which figs are from which; just that almost none of them have been sighted around here :mad: ), and I decided to take just one, "Exor Kun," off the pegs. I then realized 1) the name's misspelled, 2) Hasbro didn't make such a figure, and 3) the packaging had turned to Vintage.

Get out of my dreams, Hasbro, and get quality available figures into my cart!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Aside from these being plentiful (at least of a few weeks ago) at the Disney Store, I've still seen them being shipped to Target, so not all hope is lost.

BCJ, I've had dreams like that more times than I can count. :p I always end up thinking the stores are selling weird customs or something, never realizing it's a dream until later.

JediTricks
03-16-2014, 08:34 PM
I saw most of this wave at Target nearby, they want $11.79 and that seems to slow sales of not-Plagueis.

RendarStillLives
03-17-2014, 07:35 PM
I just picked up Mara Jade and Plagueis at my local Walmart this evening. The bubble Plagueis is packaged in has a spot under the mask but nothing there. Is there supposed to be another accessory besides the mask, saber and staff or is it just like that?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2014, 01:01 AM
I just picked up Mara Jade and Plagueis at my local Walmart this evening. The bubble Plagueis is packaged in has a spot under the mask but nothing there. Is there supposed to be another accessory besides the mask, saber and staff or is it just like that?

Some of the recent bubbles are just like that – Plagueis and Luminara being two examples. I'm not sure why this is the case, though.

RendarStillLives
03-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Odd. The only other thing I could think of is to keep the saber from sliding out of his grip and becoming loose in the package.

Tycho
03-18-2014, 05:30 AM
I really need to sleep. I wonder if I should drive to my 24 hr. Walmart?

Probably not going to. I'll find Plagueis later.

Snowtrooper
03-18-2014, 12:43 PM
My brother managed to snag a plagueis for me at the local Target. Now hopefully I can find another for opening.

JediTricks
03-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Odd. The only other thing I could think of is to keep the saber from sliding out of his grip and becoming loose in the package.That's exactly what they are, I can see it in the photos, they are using the tray to hold the saber in place to avoid using clear bands. Good call.

OC47151
04-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Seen the stormie at a couple of different stores in the last few days. The helmet just seems a little off to me. Might be the size, might be the paint job. Don't know which.

Tycho
04-16-2014, 06:51 PM
I might buy 2 Stormtroopers for myself if I find them.

Why?

They never made Lando Unleashed and while Bespin Lando is overdone in all the other size offerings, I guess this one might be a good release for him.

You could pose him with the stormtroopers and Boba Fett, plus Carbon Frozen Han (though I don't have that as I never want to really wait in a line at Comic Con).

They need to do a 6" Lando though, right?

Smuggler is only seen with Chewie.

Skiff Guard might be really cool and I guess I might buy that figure, but it's not my first choice.

General...I really, really want SideShow to make this Lando! However, I'm not interest in a 6" (to go with what figure? Nien Numb 6" scale? - not interested!)

I want to pose the 12" SideShow Lando General I'm hoping for with my 12" Wedge.

I'm not really interested in a 6" Wedge. But I do bet they make him since they can re-use the Luke body and he's the 2nd most popular Rebel Pilot after Luke (Rebel Pilot in uniform, not to lessen Han, Chewie, and Lando's importance).

Anyway, I'm not really a 6" collector. (I only own Luke Bespin and ROTS Obi-Wan but want a Snowtrooper in that scale). However, I might be tempted by figures I don't have too many versions of in different scales - like Lando and the Gamorrean Guard and Wooof.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I heard a rumor that a certain El Forumite actually found a Darth Plagueis. I think that's a Sith plot to confuse us all.

Or a new Jedi hope that such hidden gems might not remain hidden forever!

El Chuxter
06-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Target in Redlands.
He's real. And he's spectacular!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I was at Disneyland yesterday, and geez, kids are crazy when it comes to Building a Droid! (so I didn't get one myself) I saw Mara (I now see people's issues with her), Vizam, Merumeru there; but alas, no Plagueis. Not for me, at $15 each (would've taken Darth, though).

El Chuxter
06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
The biggest issue with Mara is that she's not wearing green robes.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2014, 05:44 PM
I simply saw it as she's the SAME figure she always had been (focus on the "has been" part); don't need another.

Snowtrooper
07-05-2014, 10:58 AM
My brother picked up an extra Plagueis for me at WM the other day. He said for the longest time they had nothing then all of the sudden they filled up the pegs, so that was good news for me. Don't give up on finding Plalgueis at retail just yet.

OC47151
07-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Finally got my hands on a Plagueis at the Ohio SW Collectors Club's summer social for a good price. Almost bought Mara but I just thought I'd wait a little longer.

Tycho
07-14-2014, 11:42 PM
If you wait longer for Mara, she won't look any better.

I suggest you drink more before purchasing her. It might help.

Then again, I suggest you just purchase more drinks and forget about her. That will REALLY help!

Darth Metalmute
07-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Finally saw Mara in the wild... of course it was 14.99 at the Star Wars Disney Store at MGM Studios. (I know it's Hollywood studios, but I refuse to call it that.)

Tycho
07-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I refuse to call that figure Mara.

With that hair, it more represents Snuffaluflufugus!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-22-2014, 04:36 PM
With that hair, it more represents Snuffaluflufugus!More like Plagueis, as no one sees either Snuffaluflufugus or Darth.

El Chuxter
07-22-2014, 04:39 PM
I've seen everyone in that wave at least twice except for good old Mr. Damask. I've seen him once and bought him instantly. (Okay, he was in my cart with other stuff for a few minutes first.) No one else has tempted me for $10+, even Mermermermemrmeemrmemrmemrmemrmu.

DarthBrandon
07-26-2014, 10:25 AM
I refuse to call that figure Mara.

With that hair, it more represents Snuffaluflufugus!

Dam fugly figure. :)

Tycho
07-27-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm really disappointed with what I've seen at Comic Con.