PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars Scene By Scene Figure Wish List Poll

Tycho
08-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Let's not overcomplicate this with a lot of rules. but this is 3 3/4" figures only.

Basics: you can post whatever you want, BUT you have one VOTING POST and you'll just put (hopefully in bold) that it's your voting post at the top of your list.

If you want to, amend your voting post before we tally - and say we tally this at the end of the year. But post that you're amending in bold. And just list them - you don't have to rank them.

Participate in whatever categories you want, but let's identify where in the chronology you're voting for figures from, since it would make it easier to tally:

1) Pre-TPM Expanded Universe (DotJ, TotJ, KOTOR, etc.)

2) TPM - I'll be specific with my own scene by scene votes to get it started.

3) realistic PT Expanded Universe (this includes realistic Clone Wars)

4) animated PT Expanded Universe - this is wasting votes that won't be wasted, to say you still want animated style figures

5) AOTC I'll be specific with my own scene by scene votes to get it started.

6) ROTS I'll be specific with my own scene by scene votes to get it started.

7) in between trilogies Expanded Universe

8) ANH I'll be specific with my own scene by scene votes to get it started.

9) OT Expanded Universe (this includes RS, SOTE, etc.)

10 ESB I'll be specific with my own scene by scene votes to get it started.

11) ROTJ I'll be specific with my own scene by scene votes to get it started

12) Post-ROTJ Expanded Universe (this includes NR, NJO, Legacy

I guess we'll pull a top 50 out of all this in hoping we get even 50 figures we want in The black series

Tycho
08-23-2013, 02:09 AM
MY FIRST 2 MOVIE ONLY VOTES FOR THE MOMENT:

I thought about the movies and went through them scene-by-scene:

TPM:

Tey How
pick-up droids (2-pack here really)
Female Gungan
Gungan child
Ann / Tan Gella
Wan Sandage
Aldar Beedo
Ark Bumpy Roose
Kitster
Wald
Anaconda Far
Ithorian Senator
Taxi Driver
Mot Not Rob

AOTC:

Cliegg Lars
Rogwa Woodrata
Tiikes
Padme Office / Apartment
Padme packing
Padme balcony (first kiss)
Padme Waterfalls (yellow)
Padme Lars Garage
Padme deleted scene
Ruwee Naberrie
Jobal Naberrie
Sola Naberrie
Palpatine Grand Army speech
Queen Jamilla
JarJar apartment
Outlander bartender
Weequay pirate (Outlander)
Hat Lo
Doug Chiang in cameo appearance
AT-TE Driver / Gunner (phase 1 armor)
Nyrat Agira
Outlander Night Club chick 2 (suggestions welcome)

And now I've gotten tired and will continue my votes from the other 4 movies and EU when I can.

Tycho
08-26-2013, 04:46 AM
ROTS:

Padme Landing Platform
Padme apartment (black)
Padme Ruminations (green)
Padme nighttime (blue dress not the same as nightgown they made)
Padme birth of the twins
Padme funeral
carded Vader creation floating probe droid (now included in Mission Packs)
Bail Organa speeder pilot
Bail Organa Senate
Mon Calamari dancer
new Wookiee warrior (style not made)
Luxury Droid

ANH:
Space suit guy
Defel Arliel Schoss
Tzzzvvvzztt
Ranat (Reegesk)
Brea Tonnika
Seni Tonnika
human Jabba thug with mustache from Docking Bay 94

Tycho
08-30-2013, 09:10 PM
ESB:

Torryn Far (looks like she's coming out)
Luke Dagobah Jedi Training (his Bespin jacket is on and open, green muscle shirt underneath - never made before)
mustached Bespin Guard
Wiorkettle (Cloud City Snivvian)
Treva Horme (Cloud City)
black Cloud Car Pilot
Cloud City citizen (random female)
Captain Lennox (Imperial Captain of ship hit by Hoth Ion Cannon)

ROTJ:

Fozzic
Taym-dren Garen
Sgt. Doallyn
Cane Adiss
Shasha Teil (Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb)
Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary originally by Kenner)
Endor Rebel Pathfinder
movie Ewok Keolkeech

Pre-TPM Expanded Universe:

Nomi Sunrider
Sylvar
Onderron Palace Trooper
Warb Null
Beast Rider Warrior Odon Kira
Tott Doneeta
Cay Qel Droma
Aleema
Satal Keto
Krath Battle Droid
Master Arca
Mandalorian Warrior TOTJ era
Cradossk
Vima Sunrider
Oss Willum

Zayne Carrick
Mandalorian KOTOR Era
Alleck (Squint) w. Darth Malek gear
Revan w. Darth Revan gear
Canderous Ordo (Mandalorian)
Sith Emperor
Darth Scourge
Sith (species) Warrior
MooMo Brother bounty hunter
Gryph
Master Lucian Draay

Xanatos
Dooku as a Jedi Knight
Obi-Wan as a junior padawan
Black Sun Nightsister
Siri Taichi

Tycho
08-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Clone Wars - Animated ('cause I want them):

Padme Senator
Palpatine Chancellor
Anaconda Farr (Rodian Senator)
Senator Ttutsi
Talz Warrior
Bail Organna (action outfit)
Trandoshan hunter
Riff Tamsen
Quarren Solider
NightSister
undead Nightsister
Ventress as Dathomir Warrior
Cloak Ship Pilot (Clone)

Clone Wars - Realistic (all sources considered)

??? - I'm not sure what I really want here

If you all want to participate, you can start posting your lists!

I still have more I'm working on, but it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to remember all the figures I want that have never been made before.

Tycho
09-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Just by the lack of enthusiasm, I don't think anyone cares about (new) Star Wars figures any more.

The choices are no longer as exciting any more as in the days when Classic fans were clamoring for Captain Piett or Slave Leia and Wedge.

Ultimately, I think that's because people might not care for the prequels or have given up an enjoyment from diversity in the brand's offerings and it's just come down to making the occasional purchase of a 6" figure because they hope it's the "ultimate edition" of some over-produced character like X-wing / Snowspeeder Luke.

I think the new movies might inspire an enjoyment of the broader reach of the brand (PT / EU, etc) but it may be some time in coming. If it works.

bigbarada
09-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Honestly, I have a really hard time coming up with a substantial list of never-before-made characters that I would actually want to buy in the 3.75" line. Sure, I could rattle off a list of 20 or more Skiff Guards and Jabba's thugs, but that's hardly a "scene by scene" list from across the entire saga. Even then, I wouldn't necessarily be excited about buying action figures of all those characters.

As for never-before-made Skiff Guards, there are really only three that I could get excited about:
Yotts Oren
Vedain
Velken Tezeri

The rest would be cool if Hasbro made, but also not a big deal if they never get made. It would also be pointless for Hasbro to make those figures unless they were also committed to making a larger version of the Skiff for all of them to fit on.

With Jabba's Palace and the Sail Barge, I would like to see (but I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm excited about):
Cane Adiss
Fozec
Nizuc Bek
Ishi Tib

But that's it. I'd probably buy any other Jabba's thug that Hasbro decides to make, but it's not a huge deal if they never get made.

I've always had a short list of characters from the Star Wars films that I wanted to see made and, when Kithaba was produced last year, that list was completed. So now most of my 3.75" want list is made up of characters that have already been made into figures, but I would like to see updates of.

Tycho
09-05-2013, 04:29 PM
People can list updates in the movie categories (or even the EU categories should they wish).

With regards to your Jabba's scene comments, BigB, like yourself and many I'd bet, I still wish they did a Big vehicle for ROTJ and made it Jabba's Sailbarge.

Darryl said "not happening" at Comic Con. I have a great relationship with him and know that he realizes "fan pestering" can also be translated into "enthusiasm." So I hope he and Hasbro will change their mind about a Sailbarge.

I also know that he is not against it out of personal taste reasons. Darryl would love a sailbarge himself, but doesn't think it's "toyetic" enough to sell.

I know this is a FIGURE wish list thread, but the darn Sailbarge would make both...

Never made before Jabba scene figures

AND

Jabba scene figure updates

possible if the release was well coordinated. We might always see a Sailbarge in Ep 7-9 or the between-the-movies films (like a film starring Boba Fett and young Han Solo) with a key sailbarge action scene.

Or it could happen in the cartoon Rebels series.

Thus we'd have a 2-plus hour "commercial" for the thing. (With plastic missile cannon firing features out the windows like a Pirates of the [Dune Sea] Caribbean ship that are removeable for collectors' authentic representation but "can shoot down a 9 year old's Y-wing in a kid's-imagined play adventure."

You will note how "Iconic" Princess Leia has turned into the Slave Leia and not the Imperial Senator (hair in buns) version from ANH in the modern collecting years.

But also with regards to how people collecting nowadays are looking for updates:

WHY?

1) to keep them carded? (and what will you do with older carded versions?)

2) to put in dioramas? (and do you enjoy updating them with new - improved figures or just wish Hasbro made definitive versions?)*

*While many here have become familiar with my figures-wanted interests over the 17 years I've been on this site now (wow! 17 years almost to the month!) I do want an Ultimate Han Solo Carbonite update that's a definitive version that's never been done before.

BTW, new skiffs would be fine. I'm not really in the market for them, but I think they'd do well with newer collectors and those interested in updates of course. However, a sailbarge with the kid-play features I mentioned, perhaps adding trap doors to drop figures to a sarlaac [from the sailbarge - though not in the movie - just a hidden kid's play feature] would be a lot more fun [with firing missiles from "pirate ship cannons that stick out the windows and can be removed for authentic display'].

ROTJ needs a Big Vehicle and I don't think it will be of a huge benefit to release the Imperial Shuttle once again - or spend money making THAT larger. They did another Interceptor release and I am not really going to get excited about a B-wing enlargement. AT-ST has been enlarged, too - and the AT-AT has seen an Endor version.

The darn Sailbarge screams ROTJ!

OK. I'm done with my rant though it would make me feel even better if I could go on for another 5 pages about the Sailbarge. Haha.

bigbarada
09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
But also with regards to how people collecting nowadays are looking for updates:

WHY?

1) to keep them carded? (and what will you do with older carded versions?)

2) to put in dioramas? (and do you enjoy updating them with new - improved figures or just wish Hasbro made definitive versions?)*

I think it all boils down to why each individual collector collects Star Wars toys in the first place. You obviously like to recreate scenes from the movies as thoroughly as possible. Other collectors just want the best versions of each main character. For me, personally, I'm a character-centric collector. So I have a list of characters from Star Wars that I care about (none of them are main characters) and I like to have toys of those characters that are of the highest possible quality.

So I will always be up for buying a new version of the Sandtrooper, Bossk or Barada, as long as the new figure is a noticeable improvement over the old figure.

sebillba
09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I've been wanting to contribute to this thread, as I enjoy a good poll, but not been getting round to it, and the general lack of enthusiasm hasn't inspired me to get my finger out. However, I've found an old wants list, so thought I might as well add it here.

Tbh, my interest in this line has been waning, but that's mainly because of the lacklustre choices - very few all-new characters, and constant upgrades of the same characters, that didn't really need upgrading. And too many clones. I would be excited to see brand new characters, particularly aliens (most of my wants are unmade background aliens), and there are a few upgrades I would really like to see, like a definitive OT Yoda (the 1980s vintage figure is still the best!), or Labria (it doesn't seem right to me that we have an awesome devaronian figure in the shape of Vilmarh Grahrk, but only an outdated POTF2 figure representing the classic cantina character).

There are a couple of upcoming figures I am really looking forward to, notably Merumeru (who's on my list) and Vizam (at the time I made the list, I didn't deem him necessary, but with all the other fantastic skiff guards that have been made over the last couple of years, he does now justify an upgrade). I've also read that a new Dagobah Yoda is in the works, but I'll reserve judgement till I see the finished product.

Anyway, here's my list. There are really only a handful of figures here I truly care about..... the "lost" Utai, Onaconda Farr, Wald, Sasha Tiel, Sim Aloo, and a decent Yoda - the others are mostly minor alien characters who I think would make for some cool-looking figures.

TPM:
Edcel Bar Gane (Roonan Senator)
Kitster / Wald
Neva Kee (Xamster Podracer)
Onaconda Farr (Rodian Senator)
Weazel

AOTC:
Cliegg Lars
Dar Wac (Rodian)
Gondrin Upal (Nikto)
Honka (Rodian)
Onaconda Farr (Rodian Senator)
Rogwa Wodrata (Holwuff Senator)
Seboca (Dug)
Tas Kee (Weequay pirate)
Tikkes / Tundra Dowmeia (Quarren Senators)

ROTS:

Lampay Fay (Pau’an)
Merumeru (Wookiee)
Tikkes / Tundra Dowmeia (Quarren Senators)
Utai - short
Waks Trode (Ishi Tib)
Zyn Javeb (Pau’an)

ANH:
Arleil Schous (Defel)
Baniss Keeg (Duros)
Labria (POTF2 update)
Mosep Binneed (Nimbanel)
Reegesk (Ranat)
Rycar Ryjerd (Bimm)
Solomahol (Lutrillian)
Tzizvvt (Brizzit)

ESB:

Bespin Guard - Moustache (vintage update)
Treva Horme (Lutrillian)
Wiorkettle (Snivvian)
Yoda (modern update to finally top vintage figure)

ROTJ:
Geezum (Snivvian)
Harc Sef (Ishi Tib)
Klaatu Skiff Guard - Grey Outfit (vintage Sigma update)
Shasa Tiel (Ishi Tib)
Sim Aloo (vintage update)
Yoxgit (Ugnaught)

EU:
Muuurgh (Togorian from Han Solo Trilogy)

Edit: What is it with the random links?? I didn't add any of these!

Snowtrooper
09-10-2013, 10:01 AM
My interest has waned due to the terrible year last year. I've moved more into the movie prop area. But I'm not completely out of the game. I plan on participating, but I want to take the time to think about what I really want anymore.

Droid
09-10-2013, 03:22 PM
The "original" scene by scene thread was one of the best times I ever had on this site. I was proud of that list and still want to see those figures that are left from that and the ROTS poll. But, my list now is short and almost all are cantina and Jabba's palace, so I can't follow a scene by scene poll anymore. Also, I don't think Hasbro will make any of the figures that we select or listen to us or be interested in our lists like they used to appear to be. The formal Hasbro polls have been incredibly disappointing to me for years. But I look forward to maybe someday crossing more figures off the old lists!

Tycho
09-11-2013, 04:12 AM
I hear you. And the fans voted for Mara Skywalker, Jedi Knight.

Hasbro, repeatedly questioned about why they created the 3rd edition of Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand) in the same outfit finally said "because that's how she's recognized, so that's what we did."

So why did they have the vote in the first place.

I would have loved to see Mara Skywalker in green and brown Jedi robes with Luke's (Anakin's) original blue lightsaber (the one lost at Cloud City).

Droid
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I thought the "we know you voted for this Mara Jade, but we thought it would be best to make the more well known outfit" to be one of the worst things Hasbro has done in years. I don't want any Mara Jade figures, but that slap in the face to fans and voters, that last straw of "we know what's best/we know what the kids want" made me lose interest in all other Hasbro fan choice polls.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-11-2013, 09:22 PM
I'll get started with TPM, grouped not necessarily scene by scene but location by location, or something. I think most of these figures would either be good sellers or easy repaints/retools. I didn't throw absolutely everything on there, and there are some selections that probably wouldn't do well at all, but here we go!

THE PHANTOM MENACE
Droid Control Ship
*Antidar Williams (Radiant VII Captain)
*Maoi Madakor (Radiant VII Pilot)
*Nute Gunray (Holographic)
*Tey How
*Battle Droid Commander with Holographic Nute Gunray and Rune Haako
*Battle Droid Pilot
*Battle Droid Security
*PK Worker Droid

Naboo
*Captain Panaka
*Padmé Naberrie (Naboo Handmaiden) – orange gown
*Sio Bibble (Holographic)
*Senator Palpatine (Holographic)
*Captain Tarpals

Mos Espa
*Kitster and Wald
*Ann/Tann Gella
*Watto
*R5-X2
*Aehrrley Rue
*Chokk
*Nobot
*Weazel
*Bib Fortuna
*Jira

Pod Race
*Sebulba
*Aldar Beedo
*Ebe Endocott
*Neva Kee
*Elan Mak
*Boles Roor
*Ark “Bumpy” Roose
*Wan Sandage

Coruscant
*Adi Gallia (Jedi Master) – with alternate forearms from The Clone Wars
*Eeth Koth (Jedi Master) – with alternate forearms from The Clone Wars
*Depa Billaba (Jedi Master)
*Aks Moe (Gran Senator)
*Sei Taria
*Senator Palpatine (Senate)
*Queen Amidala (Senate) – with cloak
*Bail Antilles (Alderaan Senator)
*Edcel Bar Gane (Senator)
*Horox Ryyder (Senator)
*Ainlee Teem (Malastare Senator)
*Rayno Vaca (Airspeeder Pilot)
*Mot-Not Rab (Senator)
*Chancellor Valorum (Landing Platform)

Battle of Naboo
*Gungan Warrior – generic soldier
*Naboo Royal Security
*Arven Wendik (Bravo Three) – black male pilot
*Rya Kirsch (Bravo Four) – bearded white male pilot
*Ellberger (Bravo Five) – female pilot

Victory Celebration
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
*Sabé (Victory Celebration)
*Dams Denna (Kaadu Wrangler)
*Gungan Drummer – repaint of generic Gungan Warrior

Tycho
09-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Sebilba: your EU choice figure of Muuurgh would be awesome! I loved the Young Han Solo trilogy books!

JabbaJohn: You have some seriously GREAT picks!

- The Radiant VII crew
- Senator Palpatine Hologram
- Ed Cel Bargane (Sebilba picked him too)
- Mot Rot Rob
- the "Airspeeder" (by that I assume Coruscant Taxi Driver) pilot - and you knew his name!
- the N1 pilots: black, female, bearded white
- the Gungan Drummer

- with regards to the Naboo - I think I stated that I'd like a black Naboo Royal Security and other ethnic variations on the Naboo Army personnel.

Good suggestions guys! Keep them coming.

Yeah Droid - the original scene by scene thread was a lot of fun and got a lot of participation here. It is "dark times" again for Star Wars right now with:

No Clone Wars TV show
No theatrical movies

- thus no inspiration for more product to feed our (admit it!) collecting addiction.

They didn't even complete a line of Clone Wars Animated figures they could have done with characters like Riff Tamsen and the Trandoshan Hunters which would have looked awesome. Not to mention the Night Sister Warriors, Night Sister Zombies, and Ventress as a Nightsister Shadow Warrior.

I still realize that to sell the line the case assortments will have to contain about the 50 or so "regulars" for SW that the 6" line will encompass - you all know the usual suspects. I don't love those characters any less because I want Nyrat Agira. But I already have Anakin and Obi-Wan's AOTC figures and love the ones I have (I think the 2009 BAD ones were the best AOTC versions - if they didn't just repack that 2009 figure on Obi-Wan's VPTC card - and I don't think AOTC Anakin got one as they made his Peasant Disguise figure an update for AOTC Vintage). But besides Zam and Jango, who are my figures going to be displayed interacting with? Well Coruscant is a HUMAN planet (originally) so interesting HUMAN extras would be cool and Nyrat Agira (in her thong of course :) ) qualifies. I loved getting Elan Sleezebagano and Ahmed Best and Anthony Daniels in their Republic officer clothing, not to mention a few of the other aliens - though I would've liked more. But The Outlander's bartender was human (black male I think) and there was that one tough guy with long hair that was following Anakin when they played that "creeping danger music" right before Zam failed her move against Obi-Wan.

Alright, scene compeltism is a sustaining (though not all encompassing) part of the hobby. They made Yarna dal Gargan.

Tycho
04-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Is there hope on the horizon there is more to be excited about in this hobby (before Episode 7) - as to how at least the possible characters never-made-before from the 6 movies are likely to be produced?

Mad Slanted Powers
06-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I think that the past couple of years I have just been focused on other things and haven't spent a lot of time browsing the forums here outside of threads I have already been subscribed to. Combine that with figures being few and far between during that time, and not a lot new figures left to be made. I think things could be fun again once the new movies come out, but I am short on room to put my figures now, and may have to be a bit more selective in what I choose to buy. I think I if I did some reorganizing (of my entire house, not just my Star Wars figures), and maybe got rid of some of bigger items I don't need such as all of the different Jedi Starfighters (the micro-machine versions are good enough for me for most of them), then I might have a lot more room to put new stuff.

So, if I get a chance, perhaps I will think about what figures I would be most interested in and post my list.

Devo
06-10-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm still in for obscure OT characters. Even though I'm not actually displaying my SW collection anymore I still feel a certain completism about the OT. Been buying these things since 95/6, would seem a shame to stop now.

But they're not making very much these days so.....not much to talk about/be excited about. Thusly my desire to make lists is greatly diminished. For that matter I've forgotten so many names I used to know.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Maybe they should release a Completists' Collection; a wave of just all new never-before-made characters, as obscure as they want. Those who'll order the case will sell them out, can control how many they order, and those who don't think their customers will want them at all won't order them. Easy? All too easy?