PDA

View Full Version : Disney Star Tours Exclusive Figures

Beast
03-12-2002, 08:34 PM
Rebelscum is reporting that someone on Ebay is selling the first shot, test shot, and hand painted prototypes of 2 of the 6 droid figures that were going to be exclusive to Disney. Here is the report and the pictures.

Disney Star Tours Exclusive Figures:
With no official word on the Star Tours robot action figures yet, here's a sneak peak of them as seen at the following eBay auctions: first shot , test shot and hand painted prototype - Captain Rex (RX-24) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1712849980) and first shot , test shot and hand painted prototype - G5 DROID (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1712850491). There's still no word when these will be made available at the Disney theme parks, but rumor so far indicate sometime this summer.

Definate cool news, and according to a German collecting website, R2-A6 is going to be one of the figures of the 6. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Captain Rex (RX-24):

Beast
03-12-2002, 08:35 PM
G5 Droid:

Dryanta
03-12-2002, 08:58 PM
I don't understand what these figures are.From the cancelled Disney weekends?
And also are these droids from the OT or AOTC or both?
I really don't know if these will be a benifit to my collection or not.I know that's a subjective question and all but do you think?

Beast
03-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
I don't understand what these figures are.From the cancelled Disney weekends? And also are these droids from the OT or AOTC or both? I really don't know if these will be a benifit to my collection or not.I know that's a subjective question and all but do you think?
They are figures based on droid charecters from Disney's Star Tours attraction. They are technically EU stuff, but there are a couple of droids from the movies that are in the Star Tours attraction. C-3PO, R2-D2, R5-D4, and a Gonk Droid. So maybe they changed the POTJ R5-D4 to R4-M9 so that they can include R5 in this line. The german toy site that these were listed on a while back said that R2-A6 from E1 would be included so he's another possibility. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
03-12-2002, 09:27 PM
I get it now.I'll pass on any thing that wasn't in a movie.
I'm not big on the EU.Thanks for the info Jar Jar

Jayspawn
03-13-2002, 12:44 AM
I havn't been on Star Tours in years! But these two figures are bringing back memories. They look cool, I'll definatly get them.

pthfnder89
03-13-2002, 12:45 AM
Well I sure as heck won't pass... Star Tours figures! Wheeee!

:crazed:

I went on that ride the first week it was open in Disneyland, it rules, although honestly, I prefer waiting in line even more than the actual ride. All the animatronics are awesome, made me feel like I was really in a hangar:)

Darth_Maul25SW
03-13-2002, 01:24 AM
They look awesome but I just have one fear. I just pray they are not exclusive to the parks. I just don't want to have to pay those astronomical tickets prices for these figures. Maybe the fan club will offer them.:crazed:

Beast
03-13-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Maul25SW
They look awesome but I just have one fear. I just pray they are not exclusive to the parks. I just don't want to have to pay those astronomical tickets prices for these figures. Maybe the fan club will offer them.:crazed:
They will most likely be avaliable by mail like the recent disney park exclusive Indiana Jones figure was. Not to mention probably avaliable thru the Disney stores, as well as the fan club. I know there was some talk when news of these came out last year that they would most likely be avaliable probably thru the fan club, so no worries. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
03-13-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

They will most likely be avaliable by mail like the recent disney park exclusive Indiana Jones figure was. Not to mention probably avaliable thru the Disney stores, as well as the fan club. I know there was some talk when news of these came out last year that they would most likely be avaliable probably thru the fan club, so no worries. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

We can only hope, but I thought that the Indiana Jones Disney figure exclusive sold out pretty quick. I'd like to get one of him. He'd look cool in with my SW collection as "Tatooine Smuggler Han.":D :crazed:

JEDIpartner
03-13-2002, 10:29 AM
So... I don't get it. They look pretty good, I suppose. But, I will probably pass on these.

pthfnder89
03-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Lol
Have you ever gotten to go on the ride JEDIpartnr?
If not then I'm sure the droids look pretty goofy, but I can't wait for them.

I'm just miffed that we didn't get a Starspeeder 3000 vehicle to scale or anything..:(:(:(

JEDIpartner
03-13-2002, 03:48 PM
I guess I'm just not THAT much of a fan!!! ;)

Rollo Tomassi
03-13-2002, 04:10 PM
Star Tours was fairly fun. I've been waiting for R2-A6 forEVER!! So bring on the droids! EU or not, I can always use more Star Wars droids...

JEDIpartner
03-13-2002, 04:32 PM
now, see...? THAT one I would buy... these other two look a wee bit "we tried and failed". Okay... MAYBE I'll buy SOME of the figures if they are ever made available.

SithDroid
03-13-2002, 05:25 PM
I think the reason these droids look like Jedipartnr said "we tried and failed," is because these droids were designed for a ride at basically a childrens/family theme park. They tried to make them look happy to be there and to look like friendly droids for the children. That is my opinion at least.

Sean the Hutt
03-13-2002, 10:19 PM
I want my bleeping star tours shuttle!

JediTricks
03-13-2002, 10:52 PM
I've been waiting for these forever, I can't wait to get 'em!

evenflow
03-14-2002, 12:00 PM
I can't wait for them to come out. I just hope that they won't be impossible to get.

Starfig873
03-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Unfortunatley I've never been on Star Tours...

no matter though, I'm certain I'll pick these figures up. They look neat :p

evenflow
03-14-2002, 08:04 PM
I remember the first time i went on the ride the year it came out and i was like WOW!!!!!!!!!. I went down there this past summer and compared to all the other newer rides out there, it is pretty lame. They really need to redo it. wish the figures woul dhave been out when i was down there. :( :mad:

2-1B
03-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I went on that ride the first week it was open in Disneyland, it rules, although honestly, I prefer waiting in line even more than the actual ride. All the animatronics are awesome, made me feel like I was really in a hangar:)

Me too ! I liked the ride but loved the line :) It's been 6 years since I visited . . . I'd love to see what the ride is like now.

JAYPEA
03-15-2002, 03:44 PM
It's true, Disney will be selling six exclusive figures at DisneyWorld, Disneyland, Tokyo Disney and Disneyland Paris. They will be sold at Star Tours and the new Hasbro store opening this summer at Downtown Disney.
Jason.

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2002, 03:46 PM
You dont have to ride the ride to go in the shop do you?
I have been there but it was about 10 years ago.
The reason I ask is I have a co-worker who is going there in April and I dont think she wants to ride the ride.
But I am going to give her some money to get me something.

snakeplkn
03-15-2002, 04:14 PM
Jango 96,

Which park is she going to? At Disneyworld, the store is on the opposite end of the ride, you can just walk in and shop. Of course, if you go on the ride, it feeds you into the store. Same goes for Disneyland. Back in March 2001, I went to Disneyland and found some Gungan Warriors during the shortage. I don't remember how Disneyland Paris (EuroDisney back when I went) is setup, but it was amusing to hear everything dubbed in French. Never been to Tokyo Disney, not yet anyway.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2002, 04:16 PM
She is going to the one in Orlando.

evenflow
03-16-2002, 01:42 AM
She doesn't haveto go on the ride then. She can just walkinto the store.

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Thats good, because she doesnt really have an interest in Star Wars.
However I have tried to show her that once you get into it you will love it for life.
She wont listen, but she agreed to get these for me, so that is enough for me!!